Mind the Time
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

And so, dear friends, the story reverts to 2060, Princess Wendolyn Wanzor Austin, the fifth, and the discussion about her testing.

"Did she do well?" Four asked the Principal, Mr. Standish.

"Well ... how do you define Well?"

"She didn't disgrace the family ... she scored well within her educational age group ... she wasn't outstanding nor was she on the left side of the bell curve ... she was adequate. That is how I define well."

"Then, no ... I'd have to say she did not do well. She was well outside of established norms for her educational age group, she was more than adequate, and she demolished the bell curve. Hers will be one of nine scores dismissed from the calculations so as not to make the geniuses feel inadequate."

"Damn it, Vee ... disgraced the family name," said her mother. "What are we going to do about it?" she asked Mr. Standish.

"Well ... she can not continue her schooling here. She has totally eliminated any chance of tutoring. We'll have to send her away."

Mr. Standish passed a sheet of paper to Wendolyn Four. "This is a list of schools who have sent us acceptance of Vee ... as you call her ... Since every university in the world applied, the staff here has eliminated schools below her achievements. Since she is required by law to attend instructional edifices until she is eighteen it is up to the family to choose between three and five institutions for her to interview."

"You mean they want to interview her?"

"No, Ma'am. She is going to interview them. They will all ... everyone on the list ... take her sight unseen. It's up to her where she wants to go ... since the Princessapality insists on eighteen ... the nation pays."

Princess Four was going to HAVE to spend money on her child ... she started reading the list ... with increasing horror.

"But ... there are only a few national schools listed. Not only are these out of province ... most of them are out of country ... that's going to be extremely expensive."

"Oh ... it gets worse ... her wardrobe is deficient ... a only a few of these schools do not insist on their students dressing to certain standards ... and they are on the bottom of the list.

"She is not old enough to drive but I understand she earned her pilots license this past summer, She doesn't have to purchase a car ... but since her licensed mode of transportation is by air she must be equipped with the latest aircraft that fits her qualifications."

Looking at her mother, but directing his comments, he said, "Wendy, I understand you are multi-engine, Instrument Flight Rules, aerobatic, jet and radial engine qualified ... a birthday present I understand. The staff here will be looking into exceptional aircraft that meet with your exacting requirements ... the Nation pays." He loved the look in Four's eyes.

He turned to Vee, "You are an exceptionally bright young lady ... in the top nine in the country. You will have the final say where you go. If it's on the list ... it meets your educational development. The best schools are the first fifteen.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.