Mind the Time
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

"Because," Wendy said, "And the more I think about it the dumber it becomes, I want any success or failure on my part to be my part. I don't want to be measured by the watch. Does that make sense?"

Mr Williams, through Monique's watch said, "We'll have a sit-down after the tests are complete. You took a long time to finish the first one."

"I had six hours ... I finished the test in an hour and a half, the rest of the time I was checking my answers."

Monique's watch asked Monique, "Monique? Did she change anything?"

"No, Mr. Williams, nothing that we could see. We can run through the videos if you want."

"Well, she seems to get along with you ... do you want the job?"

"Companion?"

"Yes,"

"Are you sure, there are Proctors with far more experience."

"Wendy?"

"Mr. Williams?"

"We'd like Monique to Proctor you ... personally. Will you allow that?"

Now the Princess came out, "Explain that to Us, exactly. Leave nothing out. We will inherit the throne and We have long memories."

Williams could near the Royal We. "Princess Wendolyn, the Proctor organization wishes you to accept Monique, great great granddaughter of Jean-Baptiste Frédéric Isidor, Baron Thielemans, a baroness by right, Thielemans, as a companion. Will you accept?"

"Baroness, how old are you?"

"Seventeen, just."

"Yes, Mr. Williams, We will accept Monique Baroness Thielemans as Our companion," Wendy blushed, "Bid you welcome, Baroness." She paused, "Did I do that right?" She was asking Monique.

"Thank you, Princess," She giggled and curtseyed. "Yes, you did that right."

"Ooo ... my first," said Wendy and curtseyed back ... it was a credible curtsy.

Both girls broke into gales of laughter, hugged and kissed as girls do.

"Now what?" asked Wendy.

"Mr. Williams, you heard?" said Monique.

"Heard and logged, congratulations, Lady Thielemans."

Whether or not Wendy V, Heir Apparent to the throne of the Princessapalia, knew what had just happened, she had installed the first of the trappings of Royalty; a Companion.

The Princessapalia was a HUGE country, Ontario and all of western Canada joined, by popular vote.

Quebec and all of French speaking Canada voted to separate from England and formed the country of New France with Montreal as the Capitol, with French as the national language

The southern borders of Virginia, Kentucky and Illinois denoted the southern border of the former Union. Thence north along the Mississippi River to Wisconsin. East across the Lake to just north of Grand Rapids to the Saint Clair River thence south to Lake Erie following the former border of Canada then east to Maine. The new Union formed an alliance with New France and became the North American Federation.

The rest of the country voted to join the Princessapalia ... except, thank god, California, New Mexico, Arizona and the Denver area south in Colorado: they voted to join Mexico.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.