Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 5

Two weeks to the day of the original summons, the secretary knocked on the door of first hour English.

"I need Wendy Austin ... for the next four days. She will need all her assignments for those four days. She will receive special dispensation and hand in her homework and any projects on Friday. I'll be back for the work later today. Thank you." She walked out with Wendy in tow.

The English instructor hadn't a clue what was happening for the next four days. Usually he'd go home and smoke a bowl while he graded the homework for the day. Somewhere in the green fog, the inspiration would come and the morning lesson would magically appear.

Lesson plans never survived first contact with the enemy ... and never let yourself believe for one second that freshmen students weren't the enemy. They were the enemy to good planning and discipline and a foe to learning. The first few years he taught he used elaborate lesson plans and those plans never made it through half way through a years worth of classes. All the teachers found it to be true. Having lesson plans just made you feel guilty when you didn't get to go fast enough.

Were students that dumb? They didn't get it. And teaching ... real teaching was nothing like the Professors said it would be. Like Generals planning to fight this war with the tools of the last war, college professors were still using the techniques they learned from their professors.

Now he had to write out assignments for the next four days for ALL his students and do it right now. 'Fuck ... I haven't read that far ahead in the book.' "Class, pop essay quiz. Five hundred words on Shakespeare in the modern world." He glared at Wendy as she left. He grabbed the book and speed read through four days of lessons. The only joy he had was the knowledge that there were four other instructors doing the same thing.

Wendy was taken by her locker ... although why anyone called it a locker was a question that had one answer.

"We've always done it that way."

Students carry book bags and no one needs a key or a combination to lose. That allowed the school to eliminate the Locker Secretary ... with no locks, no student could lock their bags in and promptly forget the combination ... and no freshman could be locked in their locker by high school bullies.

The Susie Ostrander Law stopped that. Admittedly they didn't find her until the smell overpowered the the gym shoes. Susie's sacrifice eliminated locking lockers.

Wendy was given a lock, a combination lock and her books and book bag were locked in. The school nurse was next. A doctor was waiting with the nurse and Wendy was given the most thorough examination of her life. The doctor wasn't examining her for her health ... he was looking for transmitters, hidden answer sheets, two way radios ... any number of ways students had used in the past to cheat and been caught with the goods ... an email kept doctors up on the latest hiding places.

She was clean ... and still a virgin.

"Well, we know one thing," said the Doc.

"What?" asked Wendy.

"You can run faster than your brothers."

"I'm an only child."

"That explains it."

"What?"

"Why you're still a virgin."

The doc knocked on the office door, it was locked from the hall side. The door opened a crack.

"What?"

"You can take her now ... she's clean."

Wendy was taken to the Auditorium, seated in the exact center, and a man came by with a stack of paperwork. A selection was placed on the desk. The folder of papers was opened, the Proctor said "Start, if you need another pencil take one from the box." Wendy stopped six hours later.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.