Werewolves Return - Cover

Werewolves Return

Copyright© 2014 by Deenara2000

Chapter 13

It was late when James and Kris drove into the sleepy little town. It was a very tired looking motel that was open, but the two were too tired to complain.

They checked in and were in their room, when there was a knock on the door. James looked out the window then opened the door when he saw a man in a suit.

"Hello?"

"Hello, you must be James Wolf. I'm Kert Rice from Fish and Game."

"Oh, hello sir. Please come in. We just got in so we're still getting organized. We were going to contact you, tomorrow."

"I know you had a fun time getting here, but I really think you need to meet someone," Kert said, and really hoped the two would agree to go.

"Well, we had a good rest last night ... but don't you think it would be better to do that in the morning," ask Kris.

"If this was for a normal reason, I would agree with you. But I just have this feeling that you need to meet Linda and her friends as soon as you can," said Kert again still hoping.

James looked at his wife. Kris took a deep breath, but agreed.

The two grabbed their coats and followed the man to his truck.

The drive didn't take all that long, but there was a very strange feeling building between James and Kris, as they got closer to wherever they were going.


Linda started to feel something, as she heard her friends call to let her know that someone was coming.

"I wonder who that could be?" asked Trap.

"Don't know. I guess we should go out and see," replied Linda.

Linda was still feeling tired from the excitement of meeting the other pack, and what had gone on after between her and Trap. She really just wanted to rest.

But now Linda walked out on to her porch to see the large truck from Fish and Game. The truck came to a stop, and Kert jumped out.

"Hey, Linda, I have a surprise for you!" Kert yelled.

"Really? Isn't it kind a late..." Linda started then looked at the two people that got out of the other side of the truck. Then the smell of wolf came to her. Linda quickly looked at Trap who was beside her.

"They are of the blood," said Trap.

"I know, I can smell it," Linda answered.

Linda turned back to the new people.

"Well, this is a surprise. Welcome, brother; welcome sister. Please come in, and rest. I'm sure you've had a long trip."

"Um, thank you..." started James but was stopped when there were several howls.

"What's that?" asked Kris.

"That was a summons. Come, their are others who know you are here, and wish to see you," said Linda.

"Who?" asked James and Kris, together.

"Come, I will explain after we get to the grove."

Linda didn't say anything else. She just walked down her stairs and around to the side of the house. Trap was right with her.

Um ... you do know a wolf is following you?" asked Kris.

"Of course, this is a very dear friend. He's called Trap. I'll share that story another time. Please come now, the elders are waiting," Linda said.

She didn't stop. She knew the others would follow.

James and Kris couldn't help themselves. They followed the woman and the wolf.

Linda led the group to the grove. There, standing on the other side, were Cole, Darla, and Grawl.

Trap continued into the clearing; where he stopped and stood by his father.

When James and Kris came into the clearing they were clearly awed. Standing there were the wolves they had watched for years. They stood alongside yet another pack.

Linda knew the two people behind her had no clue as to what was going on, but really, neither did she.

"Welcome brother and sister. Please, do not be afraid. These that are here, wish you to be here."

"Umm ... Ms. Mason, umm ... What is going on?" asked Kris.

Linda was going to say something when Cole moved forward and spoke.

"Have the two cubs come forward, please. I wish to be close to them."

Linda bowed, "I believe it is the wish of the elder that the two of you come close please."

James couldn't have stopped his feet from moving if he had tried. He knew that his wife was right next to him, too. The two moved to about three feet from the large wolf and got down on their knees.

Cole moved even closer.

"Child, will you be kind enough to convey my words?"

"I would be honored."

So as Cole spoke, Linda repeated.

"I know you don't understand what is happening. The time of The Return is coming to us. Soon we and you will be as we all once were," Linda paused and listened some more, then continued, "Years ago our people were changed. We were locked into a form that is only a third of what we are. However, there was one of our people, who was locked into the form of a human. It is from her that you, your mate, and the one speaking for me, comes."

Linda stopped as Cole did, so that the new people could try to understand.

"James, Kris, I know it is hard for you to understand all of this," Linda finally said, "There is a lot more to this story. To start, the beings that you have been watching for several years are not wolves. They are Werewolves, locked into their wolf form by a man who was trying to gain power."

"I know that story," exclaimed Kris, "About a week or so ago both James and I had a very strange nightmare."

"It wasn't long after that, that the pack started acting like it was going to move," added James.

"It would seem that the magic that touched me, touched you, as well," replied Linda not knowing what more to say.

"Magic? There's no such..." Kris started.

"Umm Kris before you finish saying that, ask yourself something. If magic isn't real then why are we kneeling before a wolf? A wolf that would never let us get anywhere near him before. But it's more than that. I can feel it," said James.

"But Magic? Real magic? Not that slight of hand stuff most people use."

Cole looked back to his son. Grawl knew the look and stepped forward, coming to stand next to his father.

"It is time for you to learn the history of your people," said Linda, "Don't be afraid. The two before you are going to come very close and place their heads against your forehead."

There was nothing more said as James and Kris watched the two wolves move closer. The two then felt the fur of the wolves on their heads and then the world turned upside down and inside out.

Linda watched, having an idea of what was coming. It was about an hour later that the four beings collapsed. However, it looked to Linda like they were still with it.

"Holy Shit!" exclaimed Kris.

"You can say that again," replied James.

Linda moved beside the two that were now sitting on their butts.

"I know exactly how you feel. I was out for I don't know how long."

"The nightmare we had was bled from your contact with the magic," replied Kris.

"So what happens next?" asked James.

"That is hard to say, my children," said Cole, "There is a time coming. Soon we should be strong enough for us to break the spell and go home. For the time being, you should return with Linda, and the human that has watched all of this, and get some rest."

Linda turned and standing at the end of the trail was Kert.

"Oh boy," said Linda. "Um, sorry, Kert. I didn't know you were with us."

"That's ok. You were a little busy. I take it that I was right in bringing these two here?"

"It was, my friend, it was indeed. Come, I would make you known to the Great One," said Linda as she waved at Cole.

"It would be my greatest pleasure to meet him," said Kert as he walked forward and bowed.

"This one is a rare one," said Darla, as she came forward, too. "He is a 'Knowledge Seeker'. There were men like him before our entrapment. They were considered treasures by our people."

"Kert, before you now is Darla, mate to the Great One, and one of the elders. She is pleased to have a man such as you, here. She called you a 'Knowledge Seeker' and that our people considered men like you to be treasures," stated Linda.

"I would share any knowledge I have with her, and with any of the others. And it is my pleasure to meet and know one of your people," Kert said and bowed again.

It wasn't long after that, that the group left the grove to rest in the comfort of Linda's home.


"I think this is getting out of hand," whined Bruce.

The sound of a smack made the room go quiet.

"Who do you think you are telling me what's getting out of hand! I'm the head of this family!" yelled Martha.

"I'm the one trying to keep you and the rest of this family out of jail, and on this land. Ms. Mason's attorneys aren't pushovers like some of the people I've dealt with," said Bruce as he rubbed his face.

"I don't care what her lawyers think! That bitch has no right to do anything here! This is my town and you're going to do as I tell you!"

"Then you're going to see your boys in jail for a very long time. You're going to see a lot of this family right next to them.

"I always told you that one day someone was going to come through that won't hide away from you. This woman just might have enough behind her, that there will be nothing I can do!" said Bruce.

"May Be, There Is Something I Can Do!" said a deep evil voice that made the hairs on the back of everyone's necks stand up.

Martha turned to look at where the voice came from, and found herself looking at a robed and hooded figure.


The next day was spent resting and talking. Linda felt more alive then she had in years, also. It was as though her mind was awake after a long sleep. She could hear more, see farther with more detail. She had known the scent of everything in the forest but now she could smell the scent of a single blade of grass that was broken when a large dragonfly tried to land on it. When breakfast was ready, the food she ate took on a life of it's own as the flavors danced across her tongue.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.