Werewolves Return - Cover

Werewolves Return

Copyright© 2014 by Deenara2000

Chapter 12

That night brought a great surprise. Grawl approached Linda.

"Linda, you and Trap must come with the pack and I. The Great One, the oldest of us all will be here. He and his pack will meet us at the sacred grove."

"The oldest of you?" Linda said then a flash of the history came to her and who the eldest of the werewolves was at the time of the change. "Cole? Cole is coming here?" The thought of it was all most too much for her.

"It is good you remember his name. But mind you be very respectful. His pack takes offence easily, as does his mate."

"That is one thing I will be doing," Linda replied and smiled as she pulled her shoes back on.

It wasn't a long walk but it was dark and Linda hadn't been over the area in a long time. When she came into the clearing she remembered from her childhood, she also remembered her father saying that it held a special energy.

Grawl then had her stand between Trap and himself. The rest of the pack stood behind them. Even Nare and Rock were there with their pups. Some of the others had carried the newest ones.

A howl was heard just out side of the clearing. It was answered by all the wolves around Linda. Linda, not knowing what else to do, dropped to one knee and waited.

Cole quickly glanced at his mate as they entered the sacred area. He was shocked to see a human there. As he knew his mate would be.

Cole only spared that moment, as he knew he had to begin the greeting ceremony. So he raised his head and howled.

"We greet our brethren. The time for our return grows closer. Soon we will be going home, " he said.

In response to what was said, all of the wolves howled.

"Now we come to this sacred place," Cole paused, glancing at his mate again, "and find a human among the pack. Grawl, what say you to this?"

Grawl stepped forward, "Welcome Great One. You bring honor to this pack and I. This human female is of the blood, as were her father and his for many generations."

"The human must leave! She is not needed," said Darla.

"Great Lady, there are things you and the others do not know. Mother, father, I believe this female is the key to our return," answered Grawl.

Darla growled but Cole placed his paw on her in the hopes of calming her.

"What has you believing this? What proof do you have?" asked Cole.

Grawl looked at his own mother and father and knew it was time. He turned his head to look at Trap, who in turn touched Linda.

Linda had been listening to everything and the power of the elders nearly overwhelmed her. However, she knew her time had come to be known.

"Because Great Ones, I am the proof," Linda said with her mind. "I kneel here before you to show you the respect due to you. I have seen the memories of that horrible day when our people were imprisoned, except for one," Linda chose that moment to raise her head and continued speaking aloud, "I kneel before my grandparents, and hope that it is with me, the spell holding you can be broken."

Cole was not prepared for what was before him. He could not take his eyes off the human. Then it hit him, the face was older but the eyes were the same, they were the eyes of his beloved child that was lost to him so many years before.

"How is this possible?" Cole asked, "How can this human speak with us?"

"Father," Grawl started then pauses to collect his thoughts, "In truth, I really don't know. My son Trap had gone to the human, to Linda. She had saved him from other humans. However, when he went to her, a mating spark went between them. When this was learned, I was not sure it was not what could happen to one that was a blood human.

"Then I took a chance. I could feel the female had strength and power. As I said, I took a chance, took a risk, I reached into her mind and touched that part that called to us.

"She is now close to us. She has awakened."

There was a very long silence. So long that Linda's ears began to hurt.

"Do you know what you have done?" yelled Darla.

"I believe she is the key to our return, mother," answered Grawl.

"You are wrong! She could not be! Only your sister could!"

"Darla," Cole started.

"No! This is the work of that mage! The human is working with him!"

Darla turned and made to run down the human but found her way blocked.

"Grandmother, I will not allow you to harm my mate. I don't wish to hurt you but I will not allow it, " said Trap.

"Get out of my way pup!" growled Darla.

"No!" Trap yelled back.

"Then I will take care of you too!"

"No!" Linda said as she jumped over Trap.

"Grandmother, if you wish to kill me, fine! But I won't let you, for only the fear you hold, that wants my life. Look at me! Look and see who is truly standing before you. I have seen the memories. Look and see the blood of your child, which is in me!" Linda finished with her voice ringing with the power that was filling her.

Darla was frozen. To her it felt like many hands were holding her in place. Then a set of hands forced her head up to look at the human before her. Her heart then felt like it did on the day of terror. There, kneeling before her, was her child: Star.

The pain of that loss washed over her, but then she felt it followed by love.

Around the grove, all of the wolves were frozen. They watched as a bright light came into the area, and settled over the human female. Then from the human, a voice both sad and proud filled the area.

Linda felt the spirit enter her, and willingly let it. She knew the spirit. It was Star. Then Star spoke.

"Mother, soon you will be going home. My spirit is free! I will see you there."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.