Werewolves Return - Cover

Werewolves Return

Copyright© 2014 by Deenara2000

Chapter 11

Linda was up late the next day, now that she didn't have to be up every two hours to feed the pups. She still smiled as she looked in on the wolf taking over as mother, Nare, with her mate and all of River's pups. Rock looked at the human female and growled.

Linda raised an eyebrow at him.

"Good morning, brother Rock. I hope you are comfortable?" Linda said both in words and with her mind.

Rock was surprised by the strength he felt in the mind voice.

"My mate and I are well."

"I will have more food for you and your mate in short order. I hope ham is ok? I don't have enough stew bones. I will be going to get some more, today."

"If ham is the meat slabs you gave us last night, they will be very welcome," said Nare.

"I will have all you need, my lady," Linda bowed and moved to the kitchen. She returned quickly with two thick slabs already thawed and cut up, ready to eat. She placed it near the two wolves.

When Linda stood back she watched as the two older pups moved to the plates and start licking the meat. It made Linda laugh as she continued to watch Rock pick up his food and have a little tug-of-war with the two round fur balls.

"Your pups are strong. They are also so cute!" said Linda as she turned back to getting her own breakfast.

"Thank you," replied Nare. "May I ask you something?"

"Of course. You can ask anything."

"How much has my brother told you?"

"He has told me quite a bit, as have your sire and mother, before she was taken."

"Did he tell you that we met once before?"

"In a way, yes. You and he were in some traps when I was out late at night and wasn't supposed to be. I remember I made a big speech to try to make the pack let me help. I know Trap got his name from that so I have to believe that Nare is for snare."

Nare chuckled, "You are correct. The pack was impressed, however they thought you were a bit strange. And I'm not sure if that thought has changed."

That did it! Both Linda and Nare laughed.

It only got worse when Rock stood and as he walked out of the house, saying, "Females!"


About noon Linda drove into town and as she did she could see a large group near the sheriff's office but got around it by taking a side road.

She stopped at the General store to get some things she needed there.

"Linda, what the hell are you doing here? Didn't the sheriff tell you not to come into town?" said Mr. Calloway, Mary's father.

"He told me that there was a lot of bitching going on but I need some things and I'm not the kind of person to let some one tell me were I can and can't go. Besides I came by way of the side roads so no one saw me," Linda finished with a smile.

"I don't think that will help this time," said Mary as she came in, "That awful Harper woman has some of her people watching us. They stay on the other side of the street so the sheriff can't do anything about it."

"The next time you see them out there and if they are some that have to stay away from you, call the sheriff and ask him to come by. When he does go out to his rig and get as close to the middle of the street as you can. If the stupids don't move, or leave, the sheriff has to do something.

"Now if they do move, tell the sheriff that the people are harassing you and your customers. No matter what the sheriff does, call me. I'll call my lawyer and get the distance extended. They can't do what they're doing; it's an intimidation tactic. Oh and video tape them doing it. If you can catch them blocking or disturbing any of your customers then it will even get them more into trouble."

"Wow, Linda, that's sneaky. However that's all you," Mary said and laughed, "I'm sure, I can take care of that."

Linda got her things quickly then and went to the next place, Sam's shop.

"Girl, you love to live dangerously," said Sam.

"Nice to see you too, Sam. Did you get me what I asked for last time? You did say it would be in today?"

Sam got a funny look on his face.

"Spill it, Sam," Linda ordered.

"Someone called the shipping company I use. Hell they called them several times. They were told my money was no good and not to come here. Then they were told that if their trucks were seen, the driver would be shot. Linda, I don't know..."

"And let me guess there were no phone numbers to track?"

"Linda, I've never heard of the Harpers doing stuff like this. The shipping company said I would not only have to pay for any shipment up front but I would have to pay a fifty thousand bond as a guaranty. I don't have that kind of money. Even with some that came from that big settlement."

"I'll take care of it," Linda said calmly as she took her cell out to make a call.

Sam could only stand and wait for what was going to happen.

Linda dialed and when the phone was answered she started, "Yes this is Linda Mason. I'd like to talk to Mr. Baits or Mr. Webber, please."

"Please hold for a moment and I'll see who is available."

There was a pause, some canned music and some clicks.

"This is Mr. Miller, Mr. Baits and Mr. Webber are out of the office right now. How may I help you?"

"Mr. Miller, I hope you can. My family has used your firm for years. Now to the trouble..."

Linda went on to explain every thing.

"Ms. Mason, I'm not sure what you would want from us but I can tell you that what you have described could be considered under several law-enforceable actions."

"I have thought of that. I think, to start with, I will have you file suit against the Harpers. Second, see if the shipping company will work with you. Get their phone records and track down where the harassment calls came from. With luck, I'll have video of some of the family either breaking their restraining orders or harassing the customers of people who have them. I'll be stopping at the sheriff's office in a bit, and have the charges posted on the brothers."

"Ms. Mason, I know it's not my place to tell you what to do. However, I must warn you that taking these actions could cause more heated trouble. Do you understand?" Mr. Miller said with concern in his voice.

"I do understand, Mr. Miller. However something has to be done. It's time it was and if the criminal courts can't seem to do its job, then the civil courts will have to fill in.

"I also think it might be a good idea to have one of your people come up here. Have that person come protected. I don't want them hurt.

"Also, when you contact the shipping company, you can tell them a twenty thousand bond is authorized by me. I think that should be more than enough to rent a non-descript container to deliver to Peterson's Meat and Butchering."

"Ok, I'll have it taken care of by the end of the day."

"Good, and thank you. Oh, do I need to authorize any additional moneys to my retainer?"

"No, Ma'am. With what we got from your settlement and other business, you won't need to pay us for about five years worth of work. But don't tell any one I told you that," said Mr. Miller who then laughed.

"Even better. Can I expect your representative in about three to four days?"

There was a pause.

"Make it five. I need to find one that is able to work with the company we use for protections. I also think I should send some one up to you. You're going to be in the cross hairs."

"I'll have to think about it. I'm not really worried about me but I am worried about some friends. Tell you what, send me some muscle and I'll have them watch over those friends."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.