Continuing Chance - Cover

Continuing Chance

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 11

The Clinton County Republican News.

About Town

Ann Manners (Miss Manners is syndicated by New Wave)

David Anderson, and his wife Grace, have left our fair city, after a stay of some three months. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, united in holy matrimony at his residence in Holland, Michigan, on the 7th of September, were cruelly interrupted by the Fates three days later.

The nuptials, presided over by the Anglican Bishop, the Right Reverend Alcott, and witnessed by the upper reaches of Michigan Society, was the High Society Event of the Year. Those stalwarts of the State, our illustrious Governor George Wilcken Romney, former Governor G. Mennen "Soapy" Williams, United States Senators, Phillip Hart and Robert Griffin represented the political, Mr. and Mrs. William Clay Ford, the Libby's, the Owens' and Arthur Scott headed the list of Michigan's finest. More than four hundred of the Upper Crust attended. An estimated four thousand of the hoi polloi watched from outside the walls of the 23 acre estate.

The Bride, Grace Anoli, of the Olive Oil Anoli's, wore an unconventional Greek design in white. The floor length close fitting deep Vee, backless gown displayed Miss Anoli to perfection. When the figure is excellent there is no need for embellishment. The groom, David Anderson wore black.

The highly publicized bus / car accident, the night of the 10th of September has caused a political firestorm that has seen the dismissal of the State Commissioner of Transportation. Allegations of 'kick backs' and malfeasance in office have the bureaucrats in hiding.

Local News:

When leaving our fair city, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson were well wished by Charles and Lucile Austin.

The Austin family is in recovery. The bodies of son and daughter, missing and presumed dead for five years, victims of a national disaster in New Zealand, have been found, buried under millions of tons of rock at the bottom of Arthur's Pass, South Island.

Mr. Austin is holding up well. A dollar was seen changing hands in the spirited sendoff.

The Anderson's will be At Home upon returning from a Pacific Holiday.

In other Social news...

David and Grace are on their way to sunnier climes for the winter. New Zealand is warm this time of year ... or so they say.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.