Protection and Preservation, Book 07 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 07

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

[Janice – In Dallas]

Jerry, Paul, and their families were all excited. Bella looked at Charlie like he could walk on water. She said to him wonderingly, "That's your grandfather? Wow!"

Charlie said, "He's my Janice Mom's foster father. That's what I've always called him. He's the leader of Preservation. He's Mike's father, too."

She said softly, "He talked to me just because of you."

I looked at my two husbands and grinned. I mouthed, "It's time for the talk!" Neither looked thrilled but both nodded.

Mike was surrounded by Jerry and Paul and their wives with questions. I figured that, if he needed help, he would ask. Jen stayed with him and helped. They did an excellent job of handling themselves and the questions.

Jerry said to all of us, "I hope you will stay a while. I would like to introduce you to the rest of our community and help us with the radios. We elect a moderator each year. I would like to ride over to his farm tomorrow and introduce you to him."

I looked at my husbands. Robby said, "We would be glad to go and talk with him."

Jerry looked happy at that.

I went to Donna with Mel. She asked, "Should we stay at the airport or what? We're a big group to provide sleeping quarters."

Donna crooked her finger at Paul's wife, Joan. She said, "We would be glad to have you here but I don't know if I can put all of you up. If Joan will help, we should be able to manage." Joan nodded eagerly.

Charlie and Bella were thrilled. I went to Charlie and whispered, "You will have a talk with one of your dads this afternoon."

He grinned at me and said, "Yes, Mom." He then said, "She's a nice girl and I'm to respect her just like I would you or one of my sisters."

I chuckled. I said, "That's a good line but talk with one of them this afternoon anyway."

"Yes, ma'am."

Everyone decided to skip lunch because of the lateness and size of breakfast. We had loaded to stay so didn't need to return to the planes. Jerry wanted to take some of us to meet their leader who lived fairly close. After a little discussion, Mike and George and their wives would go. I was totally comfortable with Mike and Jen representing us particularly in what appeared to be a truly peaceful situation. George and Lois were a solid pair and knew Lavaca and what their community stood for.

The four of them left with Jerry in a SUV. I found the man's name is Harry. After they were gone, Joan and Donna admitted that they found him creepy. I had caught Donna alone and asked her about her feelings about Harry.

She said, "He's never done anything to us but he leers too much at both of us and at Bella. His wife is a cold fish. I don't think that they get along." I nodded. I've met that type before. As long as they didn't try anything, they could look. I usually made it a point to cover up a bit in their presence unless it was inconvenient or unless I was trying to be a distraction. I let Pam know, too. Jen and Lois were a little body shy. I had noticed both of them looking at Pam and I when we were swimming though Jen was aware of our habits. I decided to talk to them when they returned. I also warned Bennie and Robby for when they talked to Charlie later.

They pulled Charlie to one side a few minutes later. Bella wandered over to where I was and asked, "Have I done anything wrong? Charlie wouldn't let me go with him when he talked to his fathers."

I replied, "No, Bella. You've done nothing wrong. They needed to have a reminder talk with him."

"About me?"

"Primarily. We have strict rules about how men and women interact including young men and young women."

She blushed a deep shade of red. "You're wearing a bit more. Why?"

"Your mother is not a great fan of Harry and the way he looks at women." She nodded. "I want to try to keep him from being hurt if he says something to me that he shouldn't."

She said, "Harry's almost as beg as Bennie. He's very strong. He has hurt anyone who has challenged him."

"Well, in that case, I think I will change clothes. He won't hurt me. Robby and Bennie are quite able to defend themselves if necessary." I went into the house and changed back to my normal attire, which showed a fair bit of skin and was fairly tight where it did cover me.

I came back out and Bella said, "Harry will say something about that."

"I hope so. I enjoy dealing with bullies."

Less than a minute later, our SUV drove up. All five of the people getting out looked troubled. I had a feeling that Jen and Lois had been subjected to Harry.

Mike came to me and said, "Would you gather your spouses. We need to have a conference about the discussion with Harry."

"Mike, what is it?"

"He's coming and expects Jen to go back with him."

"First, that's not how things work. I know Jen only has eyes for you. Second, as pretty as she is, I will be outside waiting for him. He will think he wants me then.

"By the way, you had a pistol. Why didn't you shoot him?"

Mike said, "We were trying to create a friendly relationship and Jen asked me not to do anything until I had talked to you."

I could see a horse coming toward us a cantor. I said, "Go to Jen. It will be okay."

He went in and the horse came into the yard and up to the house. A large man jumped off and stopped when he saw me.

He said, "I was coming for Jen but you'll be better for our future relations."

I chuckled, "First, Jen is not for the likes of you nor am I. Second, we don't do that kind of friendly relations. Third, I don't like bullies or braggarts. You seem to be both."

He looked at me and noticed that I was not armed and he had a pistol at his hip. What I said also made him mad. "Bitch, I take what and who I want. You'll come with me."

Still calm, I said, "No. You're going to learn a very harsh lesson and, if you're lucky, you might live to appreciate it."

He started to pull his pistol but Bennie's hand was there first and Harry could feel a gun at his opposite ear. Bennie removed Harry's pistol and stepped back. He said, "Good luck, Harry. You'll need a not only a lot of luck but a good sized miracle."

Donna and Joan had come to the door and were watching. I said, "It's just you and me, Harry. Without a gun, are you a coward or a fool?"

"Neither, Bitch! I will break you and then I will beat that bastard behind me."

"Come and try."

He came at me planning to tackle me to the ground. I easily evaded his attempt and hit him hard enough to put him on the ground. He rose with a growl and came at me again. This time, I threw him and he landed on his back. He rose slower.

I said, "If you don't surrender, I will break your right arm this time. You won't be leading this group by intimidation or by any other method any longer. I don't know if they'll let you remain a part of their community. However, that's their problem."

He came at me again. This time, I broke his right arm as I put him on the ground again. He screamed loudly. He slowly rose to his feet.

I said, "You weren't able to touch me with two good hands and arms. There's no chance you will b successful with a broken arm. Your only choice is to surrender."

"Never!" He shouted as he came. When he fell, he fell limply because I broke his neck. He was dead. One of the farm cats came over to his body and sniffed it once. The cat flicked a few claws of dirt on his body and left him there. The cat walked away showing its disdain as only a cat can.

I saw Jerry and said, "I guess you will have to select a new leader. Some people just can't learn." I shrugged and walked into the house.

Jen grabbed me and held me tightly. Mike was beside her. She said, "Thank you, Jan. I didn't think I could take him and Jerry had warned us that he likes to have gun battles with other men while we were on the way."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.