Protection and Preservation, Book 01
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

[West Georgia]

I released her slowly. Her body felt really good plastered against mine. I didn't want the moment to end yet. She moved back some more and then stood. She took my hand and pulled me up and we went inside to the radio. We were a couple of minutes late.

As the radio came on, we heard, "This is Charlie calling Shirley. Come in, Shirley. Where are you? Over."

Shirley keyed the mike, "Charlie, this is Shirley. All is well."

"Does that mean that I can come?"

"Yes, it does. However, you have to be careful. We have seen some looters. Here's Jack to talk to you."

"Jack, it will be good to hear another voice even though Shirley's is beautiful. Go ahead."

I took the mike and pressed the contact. "Charlie, I'm Jack. I agree. I would rather listen to Shirley than me, too.

"We have traveled to Atlanta and back. We have found looters, though very few. However, they are violent. Also, we had a run-in with a pack of dogs. Do you shoot? Do you have guns? O-over."

"Jack, it's good to hear you. I haven't been out much since the Day. I don't shoot nor do I have any guns. What do you suggest?"

"My suggestion is go to the nearest Wal-Mart and break into their gun cabinet. You will need a rifle, a shotgun, and a pistol. I would suggest a Winchester 30.06, a twelve-gauge shotgun and an automatic. Get lots of ammo. Also, pick up cleaning kits for each gun." I released the mike.

"I will do that tomorrow."

Shirley took back the mike. "Roger. Let's put together a contact schedule. Charlie, you ought to have a pickup truck or SUV and mount an HF and a two meter in it with antennas."

"Okay Shirley, I will consider that. However, I like my car and it's set up already. What are good times for you?"

"I suggest later in the evening like we met tonight just now. That gives daylight to do what you and we need to do. We will not worry unless you miss two sessions in a row."

"That is good. Thank you." from Charlie.

"Contact." someone interrupted.

Shirley said, "Go contact. This is K4SAA."

"K4SAA, this is K5LFB, Robert. Is this a private party or may I join in?"

"Welcome, Robert. We set up this station to locate other survivors."

"Great, I am in northeastern Mississippi. It's been quiet here though it usually is pretty quiet."

"Good to hear you, Robert. This is WX4XA, Charlie in Columbia, South Carolina."

"I hear you, Charlie. You are 5-9 here. I'm not sure I want to leave here yet. My wife passed away almost six years ago. I haven't been able to contact any of my kids or grand kids. Shirley, how are you folks making out?"

"My mom died of a heart attack and dad didn't want to go on without her. I was in Atlanta at Georgia Tech at the time. I met Jack there. His family took me in and we are all pretty healthy. We are in west central Georgia."

"Good. There is no one around here any more. There weren't many in the first place. I have been into town once for supplies so I'm set for another week or two."

"Guys, we need to go. Continue and I will be back tomorrow at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time. Shirley, K4SAA, is clear and QRT."

Charlie said, "Good night, Shirley, Jack."

"Good night, Shirley. We will be here in tomorrow at eight your time. Charlie, do you have a minute or two?" Shirley reached over and turned the radio off.

"We need to head back to your parents' house."

"No," I said gently, "we need to talk some more."

She chuckled, "Just before we went in, we weren't talking."

I grinned, "But we sure were communicating."

"Jack, that's terrible! You are incorrigible!"

"No, Shirl, I'm encourageable."

"Yes, and it doesn't take much." She led me into the living room and we sat on the sofa. "I really do want to talk. How do we proceed?"

I grinned. "We kiss again and let things take their usual route."

She said, "Seriously, I want to talk this through with you."

I put my arm around her and she snuggled in tightly. "Okay, seriously. We like each other, a lot. We both have good skills and work together well as a team. Proceeding is a matter of choices for both of us. We can continue on as we have taking things slow or we can permit ourselves to become more emotionally involved at whatever speed seems right. That would be my preference. I think it would be easy to love you. After all, you're smart, you are very easy on the eyes, and you like the outdoors. You're also alive which now is not an unimportant consideration." I got poked in the ribs for that last remark.

"Jack, do you really think I'm pretty?"

This time, I knew how to respond. "I thought you were pretty when you were in my class. I thought you were pretty when I saw you coming out of your dorm. I think you're pretty now. Matter of fact, I think you get prettier every day." I paused for a second. "You are already very special. You fit with me. And, we sleep well together."

"Jack, I told you to be serious."

"Oh, I am. I am." I leaned over and kissed her lips lightly. She grabbed me and pulled me to her and kissed me but it wasn't light. Another eternity went by before we came up for air. She had moved around and mounted me making our kissing and holding of each other much easier.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.