Aging Well 2, the Sequel - Cover

Aging Well 2, the Sequel

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 15

[Jack writes]

I started to say something to the doctor but saw Sandy's look and didn't. After the doctor left, Joyce looked at her daughter. Chastity said, "They have been Poppa Jack and Sandy Mom since just after they married. He and Sandy Mom were dating pretty seriously when they just adopted Gretchen and me after I broke my leg. I love them as much as you and Dad. Gretchen is totally their daughter because she hasn't parents other than them. We call ourselves their love children. We've spent lots of evenings at their home. Gretchen and I have even kidded that we live in 'Jack's' condo which, of course, is technically true.

"Both of us have had big crushes on Poppa Jack. I realized how much I loved him when he was shot. It was as bad as if it had happened to you or Dad."

Joyce smiled at her daughter and gave her a hug. "I'm not jealous and I understand. I just stayed in their home last night and their love rubbed off on me, too."

We sat around for another hour talking of inconsequential things when Gretchen and Mack came in.

Gretchen had a huge grin on her face. She said, "I showed off my hunky doctor fiancé at the office. I'm not the only one who thinks he's yummy! I finished my meeting and told everyone I wouldn't be back until Wednesday after lunch. I had three women offer to help me with him. One was almost old enough to be his mother!" Mack blushed.

I said, "Mack, how does it feel to be Gretchen's sex object?"

He grinned. "It's a tiring but worthwhile job."

I smiled and said, "I need all the help I can get." Everyone chuckled.

Gretchen said, "We went by the courthouse and have a license. While we were there, my boss called and told me to take the week off."

We were going to eat lunch in shifts but Joyce went downstairs and brought hers back up to eat with Chastity. The rest of us, Gretchen and Mack and Sandy and I, went down. I listened to Mack's suggestions on the food. I figured he ate here often. As we ate, a number of doctors and nurses stopped by to say hello and be introduced to his fiancé. Gretchen was really getting the once over. A couple of nurses and one female doctor didn't look very happy at finding out she was Mack's fiancé. Sandy and I were introduced as Gretchen's parents. I noticed at one point Sandy pulled me closer and I took the opportunity to put my arm around her.

As we were walking back, Mack kidded Gretchen that this time had been her turn as "sex object" to co-workers.

Sandy said, "Thanks for putting your arm around me. That one female doctor was really giving you the eye." I looked blank. She said, "Jack, come on. It was like watching a chocoholic see a death by chocolate desert picture in a restaurant menu."

I said, "Oh, that one. Even if I weren't taken, she was way too young for me."

Gretchen laughed happily. "I must be really old then because you never used that excuse for turning me down."

I said, "That's not, I mean, I don't. Sandy, help! The valkyrie is after me again!"

Sandy grinned. "I just may let her have you one day, too! But she'll have to let me borrow Mack!"

Gretchen was quiet. All three of us looked at her. She said, "I'm thinking." She grinned delightedly as we laughed. "I don't think I will let Mack try someone else nor will I. He will just have to settle for me and my poor old body." She hugged his arm. We all laughed.

Mack said, "Gretchen, you are not now nor will ever be a 'settle for' woman. I am happy you're mine and I'm yours. I look forward to our life together."

I said, "You're learning to say the right things, Mack."

He smiled. "It's because they're true things." That got him kissed and not by me!

We returned to the room in good spirits to see Chastity and her mother also in good spirits. Joyce said, "That young police sergeant came by 'to check on her.' He was leaving his shift and tried to pass it off as a duty." She smiled. "Chastity has a new boy friend if she wants him. He's coming back after he reports for shift end and changes."

Chastity blushed. Sandy went to her and gave her a hug while I smiled. She looked at me. "It really will be alright, Poppa Jack?"

"Yes, love child, it will be."

Sandy said, "You just need to rest so you can get out of here. You can go with your parents or stay with us."

Chastity said, "I guess I'm going to need a new roommate. I will go back to living at Jack's condo then. I just don't want to live alone.

"I talked to my office today. I'm on medical leave for the week, longer if needed. My boss is a good guy. He and his wife will be by this evening."

We heard a little commotion in the hall and Pam came in holding Johnny. She was smiling but looked at little fierce. "Imagine! They weren't going to let Johnny see his aunt!"

Johnny saw Chastity in the bed. He cried out to her, "Chas-ty, have boo boo?"

Chastity hugged him and said, "Yes, but I'm getting better fast. I feel so much better now that you're here." She released him because he had pressed on her chest. A little pain crossed her face. I knew that she had cracked ribs.

He saw Sandy sitting quietly on one side. "Gra-ma!" He jumped to her arms. He kissed Sandy and she kissed him back.

She smiled at him and said, "Sit with me and help me watch over Aunt Chastity."

He looked at her and said, "'Kay, Gra-ma." He cuddled in with Sandy and looked steadily at Chastity.

We sat as a family group for a while. There was a knock on the door. Joyce said, "Come in."

Sergeant David Ellis walked in to see the crowd. He stopped and said, "I don't mean to intrude."

I said, "You aren't intruding. Come on in. Meet everyone."

He walked over to Chastity. "Do you want me to stay?"

"If you don't, I'll file a complaint with your captain or someone. They will kid you unmercifully." She smiled at him.

'I might have to take you in custody. Are you trying to blackmail a police officer?"

"That depends. Are you going to stick around?" The ladies were giggling while Mack and I tried to keep from laughing out loud.

"I guess I had better stick around and gather evidence." He smiled at Chastity and she smiled back.

Chastity said, "Mom, introduce him and explain all the relationships."

Joyce said, "I will try but Sandy Mom will have to help me. We have met, David, I am Chastity's mother, Joyce Jones. Sitting on the other side of the bed is Sandy Mom. She is Jack's wife. Poppa Jack Norris is my daughter's love dad." She grinned broadly. "I'm going to turn this over to Gretchen Carlsen, her roommate and fellow love child." She laughed. David looked puzzled.

Gretchen said, "It's not all that complicated. Chastity and I are the love children of Poppa Jack and Sandy Mom. Other than being Poppa Jack's love children, we are not related except for being roommates. Just let that ride. It will take a while to explain better. Sandy and Jack are husband and wife. Poppa Jack has two children by his prior marriage. They are John and Becky. They've adopted Sandy Mom. John's wife is Pam who is here. She brought her son, Johnny, who loves his grandmother and his aunt by love, Chastity. Mack is my fiancé. He was the doctor who treated Poppa Jack after he was shot and Chastity when she was found."

She grinned. "There has to be an easier way to meet guys than for someone going to the hospital!" Everyone laughed at that including David.

Joyce moved and waved for David to sit next to Chastity. Sandy and Johnny were on the other side and Johnny was playing with her hand. David captured Chastity's other hand and held it gently.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.