Aging Well 2, the Sequel - Cover

Aging Well 2, the Sequel

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 13

[Jack writes]

They found me cradling her head as she lay with her clothes ripped and torn away. Her face and body were bruised. Mack went to his kit while the Sergeant took pictures. Then he helped Mack, Gretchen, and Sandy tend Chastity. She was bleeding between her legs slightly. Her face and breasts were bruised.

Mack was gently washing her off as he examined her. He was talking out loud. "I see serious bruising on the face and chest. There are contusions in the pelvic region." He used a swab. "Gretchen, put this in a baggie and do not touch the end." Sandy grabbed a baggie from his kit and held it open. Gretchen slipped the swab inside. Sandy sealed it.

I said, "Mack, how is she?"

"Jack, she's been beaten and sexually assaulted. I think she was left for dead here. If we hadn't found her today, I'm not sure. We need to get her to the hospital and some real care. Gretchen, get my phone from my pocket and call the number marked 'Hospital 4.' Tell the person answering who you are and that you're with me in an emergency situation. She did that and then held the phone so he could talk as he worked. "I will be riding with her in the ambulance. I need a shock bag ready and a rape kit. Multiple contusions and bruises but no other obvious injuries. She's been left outside and exposed for hours. Shock seems to be the main issue."

We could hear the siren from the ambulance. Sandy ran to the open area of the park and brought them back with a stretcher. We gently moved her to it while Mack said, "I'm Doctor Abrams. We need to get her to the hospital stat! I have them waiting for us."

We made our way back quickly. Mack said, "Jack, Sandy, take care of Gretchen. Chastity's parents need to be called. Come to the hospital as soon as you can. It will be an hour before we have her stabilized.

"Gretchen, stay with Poppa and Mom! Call Chastity's parents. Come to the hospital. Tell her parents that they need to come. We will need a cell number for them. I love you." He got in the ambulance and left with Chastity.

The detectives arrived and had questions. Chastity's purse, keys, and phone were not on the ground where she was found. After asking, Gretchen said that she had the extra key from the condo. The detectives went over my story asking questions to be sure they knew everything. They both thanked me for my patience and good work in finding Chastity.

Gretchen took the key and opened the car including the trunk. In the trunk were Chastity's keys and purse with the wallet on top. It had no money in it but Gretchen thought the credit cards were all there. Her phone, strangely enough, was missing.

The detectives told Gretchen they would impound the car for a thorough examination. Sandy and I each drove a vehicle back. Sandy pulled behind Gretchen's car with Mack's Mustang and I pulled beside her in my convertible.

We looked at each other and Gretchen. Gretchen said, "Mom, come help me get some more clothes. I'm not staying here tonight. Mack can bring me by in the morning to pick up my car and go to work. I'm not sure Chastity will want to stay here until we find out why this happened." She and Sandy went in and returned five minutes later with clothes that they put in the trunk of the Mustang.

We headed for the hospital in my convertible and the Mustang. Chastity's parents would meet us at the hospital. I called my daughter and son to let them each know where we were and why. About half an hour after we arrived, Mack came out to us and said, "She will heal physically. Emotionally, she's frightened from what happened. She needs your love." We nodded and the three of us went in to the room with Mack.

Sandy ran to Chastity's side and hugged her. "My poor baby. We love you. I'm so sorry this happened to you."

Chastity was crying. "I'm dirty."

I came to her and held her gently. I said, "My dear sweet girl. You are the same as always. What was done to you does not dirty you nor lower you in our sight nor in the sight of God. Your body will heal and we will stand with you every day. I love you. Sandy loves you. Gretchen loves you. Nothing has nor will change that."

"But I'm not a virgin!"

I said, "Chastity, that wasn't by your choice and, from your face and hands, you fought to stop it. I will tell you truthfully the same I thing I once told Gretchen. You are a lovely, intelligent young woman who is very desirable even to an old guy who takes his vows seriously. You have lost no allure, no loveliness, and no value as a woman in any way."

She was crying. I held her for a time with Sandy right beside us with her arm at Chastity's other side. She gradually calmed. Sandy said, "Have you talked with the police?"

"Yes. I knew him. It was Joel Grayson, a guy that Gretchen and I had both turned down a few months ago. He wanted both of us." She looked up. "Gretchen, you're in danger until he's caught."

Gretchen nodded. "I'm just sorry I wasn't there to fight with you."

"He had a pistol."

Gretchen had taken our places holding her friend. She said, "As soon as you are healed, you are going to be my maid of honor. Chastity, it will all be okay."

A nurse came in and whispered to Mack. He said, "Excuse me. I'll be back."

Mack came back moments later with an older couple. Gretchen saw them. "Mister and Missus Jones, I'm glad you're here."

They rushed to Chastity and held her tightly. Chastity said, "Mom, Dad, thank you for coming. I think I'm going to be okay. Mack and Poppa Jack saved me."

I said, "You were strong. You hung on until we found you and got you to the hospital."

Mister Jones walked to where Mack and I were standing together. He said, "I'm Clarence Jones. Thank you for saving my daughter." He looked at me. "You must be Poppa Jack who Chastity talks about. You and your wife have been kind to my daughter. My wife and I appreciate that."

He looked at Mack. Mack said, "I'm Doctor Mack Abrams, Gretchen's fiancé. We were able to get her to the hospital quickly and get her into a shock bag. She will be okay now. The police are looking for her assailant. I talked to a friend of mine on the force and he will have a guard posted in the hall tonight unless they have picked up the assailant. He's been identified as someone who had tried to date both of them but had been rejected."

Sandy was talking to Missus Jones and they were nodding together. Chastity was looking more chipper with her mother and her adopted mother smiling at her and in agreement.

Clarence went to sit with his wife and daughter while Sandy joined me. Clarence got a hug from Sandy as he came to his daughter. She joined Gretchen, Mack, and me to one side. She said, "We need to go eat some supper. Joyce and Clarence will watch over her until we return. When we have all eaten, we need to talk to them about logistics."

We went to the cafeteria, got food, and sat down. Gretchen told us that this was the same table as her first breakfast. She kept staring at her ring while we ate and talked. She told Mack that she had loaded clothes into the back of his car. She said, "You can bring me by in the morning to pick up my car for work."

Mack said, "You'll be a little late Monday morning. We're going to the courthouse in the morning and get our license. I have no surgeries. Unless you have something more important to do, we're going to get that piece of paper."

Gretchen smiled. "There is nothing more important. That's a good idea and justifies being a little late on a Monday."

We finished our meal and went back to the room. Clarence was looking a little lost. I went to him and said, "Clarence, how can I help?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.