Aging Well 2, the Sequel
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

[Sandy writes]

We had invited Pam and John for dinner and they came over to our home before they would head for their home. Jack had made reservations at the Embers but it was over an hour before we needed to be there. I seated Pam and got her some iced tea. We sat together comfortably.

John said, "I hate to bring up an uncomfortable subject but what was going on with my mother?"

Jack said, "John, I don't know. The last time I saw or heard from her directly, she was in the hospital just over two years ago. I know the house sold and she had moved to Texas. I have to figure that the move hasn't worked out well. She didn't look good."

I asked, "Jack, hasn't she always been the center of attention?"

"Yes, dear. I guess that's true."

"That may be the problem. I think she knows what she looks like, she's lonely, you're with your new wife, and you had two very pretty, young guards who obviously adore you. That would cut pretty deep. On top of all that, you were keeping your distance. That probably brought home to her what she no longer has. Altogether, it's a tough situation for her. Her father probably encourages her to think she is entitled to attention. That doesn't help matters."

Pam said, "John and I will have to talk about whether or not she will be present at Johnny's birth. Her actions and words worry me."

John said, "I understand, dear. It concerns me, too. We'll talk about it and listen to what we hear in the next few weeks."

Pam had had, by her own description, an absurdly easy pregnancy. She and John had talked for a long time about her working or not. I could understand her feelings in both directions. She would want to be with her child but she also has a very rewarding career, which she enjoyed. I was glad I didn't have to make such a choice. They lived very comfortably but below their means. They saved her check and even some of John's. They loved their life together and their jobs.

We talked about nothing special until time to leave. John and Jack drove us separately because each couple of us would go to our homes after eating. Everything at the restaurant went flawlessly. We parted with hugs and kisses.

Jack drove us home and we went inside. He said, "What are you going to do with the gown?"

"I don't know. I may keep it for formal events not that we have many. It won't shorten well." I turned away from him. "Unzip me, darling." He did and reached inside the gown to fondle my breasts. I leaned against him with a happy moan. "I do like your help in undressing."

"I try to do what I can." He chuckled.

We went upstairs to bed though it wasn't that late. He finished helping me get undressed and then I helped him. We made love until we were tired and happy. I slept in his arms.

We woke in the morning and went running. We met Chastity and Gretchen in the park and the four of us ran together. We sat around a park table and talked before going our separate ways with hugs and kisses all around.

We bathed and loved before dressing and going downstairs for breakfast. When the coffee finished, Jack poured us each a cup. I was cooking. "Jack, I've been thinking."

"That's dangerous." He chuckled.

"Seriously, we need to find guys for Chastity and Gretchen, particularly Gretchen. I think she scares guys."

"I think intimidates might be a better word than scare. She has never dated much in the time we've known them. They are both pretty and intelligent girls but Gretchen's additional height and gorgeous figure stops many. A lot of big guys never really learned to think. At least, it's a project."

I served our breakfast while Jack freshened our coffees. After prayer, I said, "I'm really serious about finding her a guy. Sometimes, I think she has quit looking."

"We can look for her."

"We will."

We dressed for church and drove my car to keep the battery charged. We arrived in time for our Sunday school class. The talk was about the wedding and how beautiful the bride and bridesmaids looked. I was wearing slacks and a blouse for comfort today. With a thin jacket, it looked formal enough to work fine for our church.

After talking with many people, we left for lunch at the buffet restaurant. The people there knew we traveled but came if we were in town. They were good people and the food was good and even healthy if you picked intelligently. Jack did pick intelligently now more often than not. We had just sat down with plates of salad when Chastity and Gretchen walked in. I saw them and waved. Both brightened and joined us.

Jack said, "Ladies, I'm glad Sandy saw you and you were willing to join us."

He grinned fiendishly, "I want to proposition you."

Chastity said, "The answer is yes. Right here in public or do you want to go somewhere private?" They both were laughing.

Gretchen asked with a hopeful sound in her voice, "Both of us at the same time or separately?"

I joined them in laughing as Jack blushed. That made it even funnier.

Finally, he said, "I remember you saying that your apartment's rent was going up if you signed a new lease. I have a different idea."

Gretchen said, "Your bed will be crowded with all three of us in it with you." There was more laughter.

I said, "Jack could have used better choice in his words because you two won't let him get away with bluffing or teasing.

"Becky has been living in Jack's condo since we married. When we married, Jack moved in with me."

Chastity looked at me and said, "And before if you had anything to say about it."

"That's true though it wasn't for long. Anyway, she is going to live with Mark after their honeymoon, of course. Jack's condo will be empty and we thought you two might like to live there."

Gretchen said, "We've been talking about moving. The increase in our rent is large and we get nothing for it. We hadn't signed a new lease. We would be free to move."

I said, "There is one catch. We park our camper in one side of the garage when we're in town. I still have my car and we try to use it when in town to keep the battery charged."

Chastity said, "That's no problem. Our cars aren't parked under cover now. How much rent would you charge?"

Jack said, "You would pay utilities and the condo fee. How about another hundred dollars each over that?"

Chastity said, "That's too low!"

Gretchen grinned. "We can pay the rest 'in trade.' We would enjoy that."

I smiled. "I wouldn't and Jack better not!" I grinned at him. We all went to the serving tables and filled new plates with our meals.

We sat back down with our food. Jack said, "When are your leases up?"

Chastity said, "We have until the end of next month. We can work with Becky when she returns.

"When are you two going to be grandparents?"

I answered. "In about four weeks. We're looking forward to the arrival of Jonathon, the third. They plan to call him, Johnny. Pam is having an easy pregnancy but she has gotten big in the last month. Monday starts her last week of work. She is having a tough time trying to decide whether or not to return after a couple of months off. She wants to be with Johnny but truly loves what she does. Her company even has on-site day care. It's a tough decision. I enjoyed working but, when it was no longer necessary, I wasn't sorry to quit and spend time on my hobbies though Jack made me give up one." I grinned. After all, we were teasing today.

The girls looked at me curiously.

Jack said, "We met running. Later, I was leaving the complex in my car to shop for the camper and talked to her again. She invited herself along though I was very willing to have her company. At lunch, I kidded her that she had a hobby of picking up lonely, innocent men off the street. When we became engaged, I told her she would have to drop that hobby!"

Over the laughter, I said, "I have dropped that hobby. One was enough!" We all laughed some more.

Gretchen said, "We will love living in your condo. We can tell our friends that we live in Jack's condo!"

Jack said, "You could say that a little differently to protect what little is left of my reputation."

I said, "Stud, your reputation is in tatters anyway."

We were all having a lot of fun playing with words. It quieted down and we ate some more. We started on our deserts.

Chastity said, "Sandy, you are so obviously happy with Jack's love making that you make other women want to try Jack. That's one of the reasons that I wanted him. He's such a lovely man with gentle eyes and hands."

I smiled happily. "That's true." I leaned my head against his shoulder. "He has shoulders built for me, too."

Jack blushed. He didn't really know what to do when women talked about him. He was getting used to it since I did it so much. I actually think it scared him sometimes.

We finished our meals and agreed to get together in a week's time to talk more about moving. Jack drove us home. We went inside and to our bedroom to change clothes.

I embraced Jack. "Sex object, you never will get used to that will you?"

"No, dear. I do understand now why women are uncomfortable about men staring at them and talking about them. The only woman I want or want her to want me is you."

"That's part of your allure, darling. People want what is unavailable."

"That doesn't seem to bother you."

"No. I have the man that no one else has! I have an exclusive. I like that." I plastered my body against his lovingly and joyously. I could feel that he was happy, too. I kissed him some more until we made love that Sunday afternoon. It was lovely.

We napped until very late in the afternoon. We were awake but lazing in each other's arms. "Darling, I haven't set out anything for supper. I can do something but do you mind going out?"

"Not at all. We just need to decide what and when."

"Anything and later. I'm much too comfortable right now.

"I'll even make an exception and we can order Chinese and stay naked though you go to the door."

"I should answer the door naked?"

"That's up to you, Jack. Just remember a teen-aged girl probably shouldn't see all of you."

"True. I'll call in a while." Jack woke me again at seven. We put on a minimum amount of clothes and went downstairs to phone in an order and wait for the delivery.

When the doorbell rang, Jack went to the door in gym shorts. The teenaged girl bringing the order giggled when she saw me on the couch dressed the same as Jack plus a tee shirt. He paid her with a nice tip because the order arrived quickly. We went into the kitchen to serve our plates and have a bowl of soup each. We enjoyed our meal and quickly cleaned up.

We went back upstairs to bed and enjoyed making love again. We woke in the morning refreshed and ready to run. We dressed and went downstairs to head for the park. We ran a path returning to the main area. The weather was beautiful.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.