Dreaming Dark - Cover

Dreaming Dark

Copyright© 2014 by Imp of ink

Chapter 2

"Well come on Harry" she shouted.

I grabbed my wallet and my handgun. ( concealed carry permit) left a note for Tracy, and got on the road to Hell.

The Drive from Mulvane to Stull would take only a few hours. Shortly after leaving my driveway and getting on the main road I heard a suppressed whimper from the drivers seat. I looked at the Blond half Vietnamese woman that i have known since freshman year of college. The easy smile that seemed like a permanent fixture on her face was pulled into a slightly trembling purse.

She was breaking.

"Do you really think anything bad has happened to Dave? I mean Its Dave. He is probably asleep in a pile of books and newspaper clippings." I said trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Silence.

Dammnit.

I've never been good at knowing what to say in tense situations. My general awkwardness in times like these has cost me 2 dates and earned me a kick to the kidneys from a very athletic but very sensitive tae-bo instructor. Pro-tip: If you find out the boyfriend of an attractive athletic woman is cheating on her, don't offer to help even the score. It may work in porn stories. But it has been my experience that women have trust issues with men. Probably because we are always fucking up.

Speaking of fucking up, Lee-May's eyes started to tear a bit about 3 minutes later. Then at a redlight, she took a few deep breaths.

At this point it is relevant to mention that she was dressed in a tight black tshirt and jeans. The deep breaths in combination with the seatbelt created some very eye catching geometry.

Before my guilt manifested in the imaginary hand of Tracy covering my eyes, a slightly blacker circle appeared upon the black fabric stretched over her breast. I looked up to see the line from a single tear upon her face.

I felt like a horrible sonofabitch.

Imaginary wife Tracy gave me a punch to the gut instead. Real wife Tracy was Probibly just getting off work.

I looked down and reached for my cell phone to text her.

"Do you really think he is ok? You were in the IRAQ so you know about things like this right?

Davie is all right isn't he?" Lee-May said as the light turned green.

Now was not the time to correct her syntax, nor her mistaken belief that sweating out in the middle of a giant litterbox on guard duty made me into some kind of Chuck Norris action hero. Hell it hasn't even made me employable since I've been back. Life in general just seemed pointless since the sand box. Beer is good. Tracy is good. Dave. Dave keeps me feeling like a regular human being. If something has happened to Dave, however unlikely in bum-fuck booniville, i don't know what i would do.

"Yeah, hes all right. but he is going to owe us after not calling, and making you worry. I say we make him designated driver for a month at least." I said.

"Heh, sounds fun but it won't work, neither of us would get to drink then."

"Neither of you?"

It took longer than I care to admit for my lightbulb to switch on, but I ain't a dummy.

"Your pregnant?"

"Five weeks"

"Does Dave know?"

"I just got back from the doctor. I was going to tell Dave when he checked in, but he didn't. I called his cell phone over and over it kept going to voicemail, but then it picked up and I heard breathing"

"Breathing?"

"Woman breathing" she said with both a tremble and a growl to her voice.

My face contorted into disbelief. A lot of guys cheat. Its easy to think with your dick. Hell my eyes have been everywhere but where they should be in the fifteen minutes I've been in her car.

But Dave? Nah. He was too good a guy, too smart in the head to think with his pecker.

Lee-May is a catch too. That honey brown skin and blonde hair combo is sexy as hell. A paranoid litte asshole voice in the back of my head told me that 'Hallie Berry was cheated on, and genius Steven Hawking cheated on his wife without even being able to move his hips.'

Still to comfort Lee-May I had to choose between telling her that her husband was in danger or was in the arms of another woman...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.