Not Living on Sponge Cake Alone
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2014 by Jerrod

Things have changed in quite a few lives and at ‘warp speed’; so perhaps a recap is in order?

Mary Evelyn Waters recently died and left her Grandson, Steve the bulk of her estate directly or through a trust.

Steve Simon is a high school senior who has not only become a rich man at 18; he has found things that were missing in his life. Besides the sea and two huge ships, he now has a few other loves in his life.

Laura is Steve’s Mom, she and her husband fight a lot. Her Mom has left her some money, but she had expected a lot more; what her son got instead of her.

Jim is Steve’s Father, he wants to play around but cannot, no money; Nada and he is furious about that. He is also not too happy that his recent move on Sheila Morris was rejected. Pity she is a fox.

Belle originally cook, cleaner and chief nanny for Mrs. Water now remains as such for Steve, soon to be the house manager, along with Kathy though as the family increases.

John Jonas is Mrs. Water’s attorney and friend.

Mary Jonas, a fledgling lawyer in training, 19 and John’s daughter.

Ben Seymour came in to help Mrs. Water’s when she became ill. Steve has asked him to stay on and run the Company.

Jennifer Seymour is Ben’s executive assistant, is 19 and his daughter.

Amanda Morris is 15, soon to be 16 and loves fishing, soon to take on a role far more demanding than she might have ever thought.

Sheila Morris, AKA ‘Debbie’, Amanda’s Mom, 30’s (A Woman never tells her age), divorced and trying to be a better ‘Mom’ but is intrigued that people say she could still look 14, the ‘younger Morris daughter’ maybe, hence that ‘Debbie’ persona.

Vicky Morris, Sheila’s older daughter, 18 and wants to think of herself as the ‘Wild Child’.

There is an assortment of others at the house too, Kathy, Mike, Pete, Johnny, Jake, Betty, Giselle, phew, plus a few more.

I think everyone is making the best of this new situation. They are facing work, school, moving into a new house and different life, a sort of harem life, but none are sure what that will mean.

Angela might make her appearance soon, maybe not. Angela Dawson is another girl that might show up at the right time and the right place, but not for Steve.

That takes us back to that Tuesday when things go back to normal. What am I thinking; there is nothing normal any longer. They will not tell me everything. Some crap about, ‘a girl has to have some secrets’, so I will just tell what I know now. When the coven deems me worthy to find out more, I will tell you. Then again, maybe not everything. There is an awful lot going on this week so I’ll have to break things down, maybe have each of the girls look it over and add or make changes and probably a ton of correction, before I let you read it. You know us guys ‘always’ make a mistake or two.

Oh yeah, look at the first few words of Jimmy Buffet’s song Margaretville re: Sponge Cake, not as nutritious as a ‘Vegemite’ sandwich though.

Steve’s Tuesday “I guess he is learning. He knows about as much about this new thing as we all do. I have tried to fix his mistakes. I gave up when I reached 500 errors on what he wrote. Sheesh!”

As super as the weekend had been, Tuesday was the complete opposite. School was OK, no real change there for him, it started to go to Hell as soon as he tried to pull into the driveway and the rescue and ambulance had everything blocked.

“What happened? What’s wrong?”

“Belle fell! The staff called me so I came in early. They will not tell me anything, but I think she will be fine. Looks like she hit her head.” This from Kathy.

Steve was not just a little worried today, he was in an absolute, sheer panic and raced inside, then to the hallway where he saw Belle on the floor with four people kneeling or standing over her. When she saw him, then her smile he got calmed down. The tech that came up to him and told him he had to leave the room started Steve up again.

About the same time another Med Tech asked where his father or mother were and when either would be there, they needed an adult to sign and be billed in order to transport her to ER. Belle was refusing to go.

The first Tech started to reach for Steve to push him out.

Mike, Steve’s bodyguard moved like a cat. Not an easy thing for a 6’, 4” ex Marine. He had been on his way to pick up Mandy when Belle had fallen. He had called 911 and sent Pete and Colin alone to get her instead. Anyhow, the Tech was pretty much now inspecting the floor where Mike had gently laid him down. “Asshole, keep your fucking hands to yourself, you don’t touch the Boss man!”

Mike had been a new part of his Grandmothers security detail, but on this day, more than a small bond with Steve had been created.

“Belle, are you OK?”

“Yeah, I fell off the stupid step. I will be all right, just hit my head. I’m sorry Boss man!”

“What for Belle Ami, there is not ‘that much blood’ on the floor, besides it’s washable. Do you want to go to the ER or else Mike can have a doctor come over and see you?”

“No, I’ll be OK!”

“Right, Mike call for a Doc to get here stat. Guys, thanks for coming out but the little ‘Red Head’ prefers to let a real doctor see her at home, no ER.”

From the Ambulance guy who was ready to call a shyster lawyer to ‘offer to sue’ whoever owned the palace here, on Belle’s behalf, of course. He had seen big dollar signs for his cut. “Doctors don’t make house calls kid. We’ll wait for your Mom or Dad; we need the owner of this place to ‘refuse’ transport.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.