His Name Is John - Cover

His Name Is John

 

Chapter 1

Pulling up to a rather large home and lush surroundings, John said, “It looks very nice from the outside.”

“Thank you, I do the best I can having two children underfoot.”

“I am not a child, mother ... I am fifteen!”

“Well, I guess I’ve been told, haven’t I?”

“Donald,” John said. “Kinder words get kinder responses.”

“Sorry Mom, I’m just trying to do the best I can as the man of the house.”

Opening the door from the four-car garage to the house, Kathleen said, “Please bring in the presents boys and put them under the tree.”

She went back to get Emma, who was still sleeping.

“I’ll bet that Emma really loves Christmas time, doesn’t she?” John said.

“She’s been growing really fast. She can count to ten, knows her colors, and knows her address and phone number. She’s closer to five than four, but she likes saying the word ‘four’ more than she likes saying ‘five.’ She can almost write her own name.”

“That’s very interesting. Can I ask you a sensitive question, Don?”

“Emily was adopted as a newborn, if that was your question.”

“It’s really none of my business, I’m sorry I was so inquisitive.”

“No big deal, I know my mom is pretty. Guys are always talking to me to find out more about her.”

“No, I’m not supposed ... I’m not interested in her that way. And I’m not gay either,” John said.

“Here is your hat back,” Don said handing it back to this soft-spoken man he was growing to respect.

“You keep it ... it really looks good on you.”

“You sure you aren’t interested in her? I think she might be interested in you ... that way.”

“In the first place we just met an hour ago, secondly, I have someone ... just not nearby.”


John walked around the lower floor of the house, seeing all the beautiful detail in both bric-a-brac and the simple things that exist in a living room, dining room and kitchen.

He walked in on Kathleen, “What did your husband do for a living?”

The initial sound of his voice made her jump a little, then “Did Don tell you about him?”

“Not much, if you would prefer not to talk about it, I completely understand.”

“No, I’m alright. To this day I don’t know why he left, or where he is, he could be dead for all I care.”

“You don’t mean that, do you? You have a marvelously inquisitive son with him, and an additional daughter that you are raising on your own.”

She stopped what she was doing, turned around and looked into those blue eyes of his. “John, I don’t know how much I ever loved him. I told him I wanted a baby boy so bad. He must have taken me at my word and almost six months to the day after Don was born, he left.”

While there was no kiss, they embraced each other. John knew this was bad, but she needed someone to hold for a moment. She moved her face and looked ready to be kissed, but he turned her around.

“Where is the nearest restroom ... I need to clean up?”

She pointed without turning back around. He found the room.

“There are clothes in the closet. You are just about Samuel’s size. Feel free to change if you would like.”

He heard, but didn’t respond. He was not allowed to have those kinds of feelings. After his shower and change of clothes, he got down on his knees and prayed to his Savior.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.