In Tandem Orbit
Chapter 3: Sunday Surprises

Copyright© 2014 by Sure As Elle

Author's note: Paxum has a different school system than the United States. There is hardly any homework at all, because homework is counterproductive; the schools are low-stress, teachers work one-on-one with the students in their small classes to figure out how they learn and how to make learning the necessities of life interesting to learn, treating children as unique human beings with highly individual interests, learning styles, and patterns. Because the teachers are intimately aware of their children's progress, tests are rarely needed; when they are called for, tests are done in a disguised way to keep the child from knowing xe is being tested. It is more structured and focused than Montessori schools, but is still a far cry from the rigid, assembly-line "education" system of the US. Teachers on Paxum also get assistance from teacher's aides and from the school's AI.


On Sunday morning, I was awoken by my bladder a full ten minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I turned off the alarm and went about my day getting ready for work later at 10 AM. It was 9:30 already. But then I only eat cereal in the morning, and I live just a few blocks from where I work. I was ready in 20 minutes, and was still five minutes early.

I spent the first couple hours doing my job with my mind dwelling on the date the night before, and whenever we had lulls in the traffic, I told Aren all about it. As far as I know, Aren is a happily married bisexual teleiophile, but that didn't stop her wanting to know every detail about the date Iris and I had. She was stunned by my description of the pole dancing, and told me she was thinking about seeing it sometime, which made me happy to know I'd possibly converted someone else to the pole-dancing fandom. But of course the part she loved best was the part that I, too, had loved best; the dance after the concert. Aren actually had to stuff her fists into her mouth to keep from squealing, since she didn't want to disturb the patrons.

Not until shortly after noon did Iris show up, waving with a smile briefly before finding her way to the Dargon books by memory. I was busy checking another patron out, and so could only wave back. I was still busy checking patrons out when Iris got in line, a huge stack of books in her hands. When it was finally her turn to be checked out, I noted she'd grabbed the next four Dargon books in the series, as well as a 300 page book on how to build your own custom VC (VR computer), and three novels, one adventure and two romance (both romances were by authors I'd recommended to her).

"A little light reading?" I asked her jovially.

"Yes," she said, with a totally straight face.

As I checked her out, I started checking her out, and what I saw almost made me drop what I was holding. Today she was wearing a backless halter top, blue with bright yellow sunflowers all over it, and a short skirt of the same blue as the top. Her shoes were the same white buckled sandals that I'd seen so many times on her. I hadn't realized the night before that she'd been wearing tights for both our date and our pre-date, but today she had bare legs and feet under her sandals, and I sure noticed that, even though it was a little difficult to see her legs from that angle. Her skin was a nice honeyed amber color, and seeing it for the first time on her legs made me tingle pleasantly and feel warmer. It also put a small catch of emotion in my breath, and by the way Iris smirked up at me, I could just tell she'd noticed.

"Is it hot out there today?" I asked in lieu of a comment on her clothing.

With a knowing smirk on her face and in her tone, Iris responded, "Yeah, sure is. Hot in here, too, don't ya think?"

Aren chuckled and I did indeed feel very warm all of a sudden, with a mixture of embarrassment and lust.

"Um, well, cool," I said lamely. "Well here you go, Iris my Queen."

I slid the books over to Iris, and as she reached to grab them, her hand touched mine. Now I know what an accidental touch feels like, and this was not accidental. The way she touched my hand, and the length of time she did it, while no more than five seconds, made it obvious she was teasing me. I resisted the urge to either fan myself or reach forward and kiss her, as there were still a couple people in line behind her.

She took her books and put them in a bookbag, slung it over her shoulder, and made to leave, but instead asked, "When's your lunch break?"

"Don't have one today. We're only open til 2PM, so aside from a granola bar, no food until then."

"Oh, well, that's good too. I'll be over in the lounge, reading." She waved and left, and I waved back. Before she was out of sight, she blew me a kiss, and I naturally "caught" it and blew my own back.

When 2 o'clock rolled around, Aren and I finished closing up. Iris was still in the lounge, so engrossed with the book about building VC's that she jerked with a startled cry when I said her name. Admittedly, I had stood there watching her for a few moments before speaking, because the moment I saw her sitting there, her book propped up on one knee, her right foot resting on the chair so her panties were visible, made such a great pose I just knew I had to draw her in it. So I admit I took a picture of her with my Omnus wrist device before I got her attention.

"Oh," she said, recovering quickly and blinking around at the dimmed lights, "the library's closing already?"

"Yes it is, my Queen. You've been sitting here reading for nearly two hours straight. A good book, I take it?"

"Oh yes, very," she said, getting up and following me to the door. "I knew a little of this stuff, but this goes into so much good detail, which is good, cause I wanna make my own system. The one downstairs is the family system."

"Wow. Between this, the building stuff in the toyroom, and the designs in the VC you told me about, you sound like you're on your way to being an engineer."

She beamed at me, and I locked the library door behind us. "Yeah, I've been wanting to be an engineer for a couple years now. But mainly cause I wanna invent stuff, too."

"You gonna go into nanoengineering as well?"

"Well yeah, I hope. All the best inventing comes from nanoengineering anymore."

"You hope?"

"Well yeah, I dunno yet how good I'll be at it. I've got a long way to go before I get to a point where I'll know if I can do it."

I patted her shoulder comfortingly, saying, "Oh, I'm sure you'll be great at it. After all, from what little I know of nanoengineering, it's all done in VR anyway. You model your inventions in VR, have the computer turn it into a template, the material is printed out, you test it to make sure it works right, and there you go. Hell, you probably have the know-how already to experiment with nanodesign at home. For all you know, you could become famous for inventing something at age 8 or 9. A lot of great inventions over the centuries have been made by kids. Hell, even back in the 21st century there were kids inventing things like a way to clean up the garbage and pollutants in Terra's oceans, or the girls that made an electrical generator powered by urine."

Iris made a disgusted face but hugged me and thanked me for the encouragement anyway. I had to stop so she wouldn't knock me over; luckily we were just on the sidewalk and not halfway across a street. Not that the Traffic Mesh would let any cars run us over, but accidents could still happen.

"Well with that in mind," Iris said excitedly as we continued on our way, "maybe I can do something in nanoengineering for the science fair."

"Science fair, eh? Looking that far forward already? Cool. Well that sounds like a lovely idea. You let me know when the science fair is, and remind me the day before, and I'll come see you in it." Then I was struck by a related thought, and continued, "That reminds me, when do you start school again?"

Iris faltered a little. "Two weeks from today. Two weeks from now, and I won't be able to come to the library as often!"

"Well I work from 10 AM to 4 PM on Tuesday through Thursday, from 1PM to 9PM on Fridays, and I have Saturdays and Mondays off. Though, I could always ask to trade Mondays and get the whole weekend off. Orrin has been asking for more hours lately, and I don't think he does anything on Sundays."

"Oh, so I could meet you at the library most days and we can go places from there."

"Sure thing. And then we have Saturday together as well. And Sunday, too, if I can convince Aren to change my schedule."

"Aren's in charge of your schedule? Well just tell her why you want the change, and I'm sure she'll be glad to change it."

"Yeah, I think so too."

Suddenly we were standing at my front door. I turned to Iris and asked, "Do you have the permission of your family to be here now?"

"Oh, I completely forgot!" Iris tapped some things on the panel of her own Omnus and was soon having a conversation with a little three-vee version of Matria. "Mama, the library is closed. They were really busy, so Rianna and I hardly got to talk at all. May I please have lunch and maybe even tea with Rianna?"

"What does Rianna say?"

Iris turned the three-vee projection on her Omnus so that Matria was facing me. "It's fine by me if it's fine by you, Matria."

Matria nodded and smiled. "You two have fun, then. See you later, Iris honey. Love you."

"Love you too, Mama," Iris said and tapped the panel to end the call.

I opened the door and Iris followed me in. "Oh, by the way, in the future please don't have your feet on the furniture of the library, okay sweetie?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry bout that."

I hugged her. "It's okay. So anyway, what would you like for lunch? I think we should go out to eat, or order in. I don't want to make anything right now."

"Can we order delivery then? I just wanna stay here with you today."

She kicked her shoes off and plopped onto the couch. I went into my bedroom briefly to change into shorts and a t-shirt, then plopped down next to her, kicked my own shoes off, and we spent a few minutes deciding what to order. It took some time, but we finally decided on Chinese food. I ordered cashew chicken with curry and rice, and Iris ordered Kung Pao Shrimp, extra spicy, but with lo mein noodles.

While we waited for our food to arrive, Iris cuddled up to me and she and I talked about what she was reading. But we didn't get very far in the discussion before I started to notice she was fidgeting a lot and rubbing her back.

"Your back sore, my Queen?"

"Yes. I didn't have that backpack on long, but I musta had it on really wrong, cuz my back hurts."

"Well would you like me to massage it for you?"

"Yes, please." And with that, she flopped over face-down on the sofa.

"It would probably work better on the floor, the sofa has too much give."

"Great idea," she said, getting down onto her belly on the floor. I followed her, and as I knelt behind her, I took a few moments to admire her bare back and legs before I began to expertly massage away the knots in her back muscles.

"Mmmm ... you're really good at this. How'd you get so good, Rianna?"

"I had a lot of spare time last year, so I took some massage therapy classes. It's good to have someone to practice on, after all this time."

"Well, ohhhh ... this is so good I think I can get Mama, Papa, and Taanlen to volunteer for it, if you want."

"That might be cool. Still, you may enjoy getting a massage, but I really enjoy giving you one."

She attempted to giggle but it turned into an almost orgasmic shuddering moan. I must have done something that felt really good. No wonder some people talked about "erotic massage." I'd not touched anything except her back, and yet she was practically melting into the floor. I wondered if she would later make lame excuses to get me to give her another massage. Well, I thought, I'll just have to let her know she doesn't need an excuse. Seeing how much she's enjoying this makes me feel pretty awesome myself.

After a few minutes, Iris made a small sigh that sounded decisive, waved her right hand feebly, and said, "OK, that's 'nuff for now." Obedient to my Queen, I stopped and stood up with the unmoving help of the sofa arm. I looked down at Iris, and the way she was laying there on her belly, so relaxed, reminded me of a cat I used to have that would flop down, his legs every which way, limp as a rag doll. I know, because I used to pick him up when he was like that, and you'd think he was inanimate the way he didn't respond. I wondered if Iris would be the same way.

The house AI beeped at me with a message that the delivery guy was pulling up. I went to the door and got our food, thanked the man for his work, and set the food on the kitchen table. I went back into the living room and saw Iris was still laying there, sighing softly.

"Dinner is served, my Queen."

"Nggghhhh..."

I poked her gently on the thigh with a toe. "I'm not gonna feed you while you're on the floor, you'll have to sit up."

"So comfy..."

"The floor is comfy?"

"Oh. Right. Is there a word for 'not comfy, I just can't get the energy to get up'?"

"Hmm ... is 'lazy' the word you're thinking of?"

She shook her head slightly. "No, that's not it."

"How about 'Iris has melted into the carpet and now I need to scrape her out like so much gum?'" I almost laughed at my own comment, but managed not to. Iris giggled, though. But said nothing and didn't move. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a plastic spatula and took it back into the living room.

I put on my best melodramatic voice and said, "Oh my goodness, there is this big melted lump of Iris in the carpet, guess I'll have to scrape it out," got on my hands and knees again, and started to stick the spatula underneath her like I really was trying to scrape her out. Iris started laughing and wriggling about.

"No!" (more laughter) "I'm up, I'm up! Staaaap iiiiit!"

"Okay," I said, and immediately stopped. Iris sat up, leaning against the sofa for a moment, and looked up at me and sighed.

"Up!" she commanded, holding up her arms like a much smaller child. "Your Queen wishes you to carry her to the food."

Tossing the spatula on the end table, I hunched over with one eye closed and responded in an Egor voice, "Yesh, mashter, ash you wish, mashter," and hauled her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, Egor-limping into the kitchen.

"ACK! Put me down, peasant! This is most undignified and unbecoming of a Queen!"

I set her down standing on the kitchen floor by the table and said in my finest butler voice, "Dinner is served, Your Highness."

Finally she sat down. I followed suit and soon we were dumping our Chinese food onto our plates and tucking in. I was only mildly surprised that Iris used chopsticks like a pro, even better than I did. We ate normally and without comment for a few minutes before I asked, "Want to try some cashew chicken?"

"Sure. We can trade."

I held out some cashew chicken for her on my chopsticks, and she snapped it up quickly. Then I tried some of her Kung Pao Shrimp the same way. Before long, this ended up with us feeding each other each other's own meals, so I was using my chopsticks to feed Kung Pao Shrimp to Iris, while she fed me my own cashew chicken. This was the cause of many snickers and giggles from the both of us, especially when we messed up and dropped lumps of food on the table. We scooted right next to each other to make it easier after one piece fell on the floor, and we were as close to cuddling as we could be in two separate chairs.

Then Iris upped the ante by snatching some of my chicken away from me at the last second. I was all prepared to be annoyed with her, especially when she put the piece in her own mouth, but then I noticed she was merely holding it with her mouth. I could see the giggle and the dare in her eyes, and knew what she wanted me to do. So I leaned forward and carefully extracted the chicken piece from her mouth with my own. We came very close to kissing, and possibly we technically did. She chuckled as I ate the piece.

I swallowed, and noticed Iris had some sauce on her lips. So in tune with the silly mood in the air, I leaned forward and licked the sauce off her lips. She wiped it off a little (I did lick her, after all) but was still smiling and grinning. Then she looked at her plate. "All gone," she said, disappointed. "Oh well, I can cuddle you now."

While I was still eating, Iris sat down in my lap and snuggled up to my chest. I ate the last of my meal, trying not to drop any food on her as I did, but she didn't move much even after I finished. I set Iris down on the chair while I cleared up. She got up as I did and said "Sofa please."

"No, you wash your hands first. Wouldn't hurt to wash your face, either."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.