The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch
Chapter 9D

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch: 9D.

"The main problem is ... or ... rather ... was ... the United States. They were forever selling, at rock bottom prices, arms of all types to foreign countries and later telling those foreign countries that they MUST do thus and so or we won't ship the parts necessary to keep the arms operational.

"In the case of England, they suggested that the food America was sending might be cut off if the English persisted in following a course of politics detrimental to the policies of the United States ... and it worked," Seven said. "The problem was that the policies changed with every new administration ... and that was guaranteed to happen every eight years and sometimes four years.

"And it is all due to economics. Cannabis ... a weed grown all over the world ... once the main source of rope, canvas and other woven products ... underwent a systemic assault of eradication simply because it was cheaper than alcohol and the distillers were losing money. Bribe the politicians ... sorry ... campaign contributions ... and a grateful elected official votes as their main contributor wants. They vote, but haves NO idea what they're voting for or against.

"Another thing, you Brits ... you don't need all those shipyards ... America can build it for you. Tractors? We can do it cheaper and better. Politicians here took bribes, employment fell and the rich landowners were the ones to suffer from high taxes to pay for those on the dole.

"Then there was a better idea. American business can show more profit if the wages of the workers can be cut ... but the Unions objected and American industry was shipped overseas ... China makes the FED A uniforms ... because the FED A no longer has the machinery or the skills to do it themselves.

"Canada built a better fighter, the Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow, possibly the most advanced aircraft of its time, and pressure from the United States on the ministries (Possible Bribes) caused the ministry ordered destruction of all prototypes, engineering, fixtures and paperwork. It was as if the aircraft never existed. By ministry order the former project was classified. It took a new administration to finally admit the damn thing had ever been built.

"Politics divided the Arab world into 'easily managed nations' and stuck the Jews in the middle of them. The Arabs objected so we gentiles armed the Jews. They hate us."

Seven said, "Our mandate from the Gods doesn't give the Powers much room ... we do what we can. The watches are what we can do. We do."

"Why not give watches to the government?" asked the Queen.

"Because the rulers would rule... 'We know what John Doe is going to do ... let's go kill him in the past.' ... and don't tell me you wouldn't. The watch users have added 10 years to the life of the world. Politicians with watches would shorten it."

"Sorry," said Seven, "I get so mad about what you people are doing to what was a shining example of evolution in progress. If I didn't know you people are part of it..."

The Archbishop of Canterbury couldn't keep his mouth shut, "I'll have you know, we are of a higher order ... evolution be damned. Gods perfection, we are."

"Evolution. sir. You once were walking fish." Seven changed the subject, "Now that you've married them ... what are you going to do with them. You can't send them back to the FED A. David is in trouble."

"Who, me? What did I do?"

"You bought the trunk and opened it. Of all the junk in the auction ... that trunk is the only thing worth anything. All you brought was the money. The diaries ... Oh, you see, do you?"

"Shit and fall back in it!"

"Gwen?"

"Yes, Seven."

"We've put a little castle on your Duchy. It's not very big ... but then, neither is the Duchy. We also removed all the unexploded ordinance that the Allies deposited when they used the isle for bombing practice.

"We got a good price for the metal and the German submarine ... full of Hitler's gold ... yielded a decent sum at the breakers. The island is explosives free for at least a mile in all directions.

"We built a harbor and put up a few homes near the castle. It's quite the tourist attraction ... if one likes that sort. A medieval village kept in durance vile by the evil and oppressive Lord and his Lady.

"We have a list of applicants for renting the homes and there's an archaeology expedition planned. We've moved some Napoleon Wars era shipwrecks closer to your property and the place should be a great dive site. Oh ... there's fresh water ... it'll never need treating. I don't mind telling you ... THAT was a project worthy of the gods."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.