The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch - Cover

The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 4

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch: 4.

"Will you give me that damn thing," Gwen shouted.

The troop was getting closer.

"What makes you think you ... hey ... give that back," I said.

The lances were lowered ... the horses went from trot to gallop ... they came sweeping up all clattering and full of the thudding of hooves, the slobber from the geldings mouths left strands of moisture glittering in the air. They spread out, circling and weaving in and out. In a panic Gwen squeezed the watch.

"I say, Gwen," the Queen said. "You flickered."

"Oh, Grandmama ... it was awful ... the horses ... the spears ... the men stank of days old sweat and stale beer."

"Well, my girl ... you smell of fresh urine ... the watch works?"

Bright red Gwen, trailing a dripping stream, was already headed out the door, "Forgive me, your majesty ... needs must," and she was gone ... with the watch.

The Queen turned to me ... inquiringly.

"Yes, your Majesty. The watch works."

We passed a desultory few minutes waiting for one of the principal players to make herself presentable.

Marion the librarian, said, "I can move the Watch Stories from fantasy fiction?"

"We were transported to this very spot before there was a building here."

Gwen approached.

"How long were you there?" Marion and the Queen asked.

"You don't want to know, Grandmama," said Gwendolyn.

She received raised eyebrows from everyone.

"Truly ... he'll tell you ... and tell you and tell you and soon you'll know far more than you wanted." Gwen said, "He's a wordy fucker."

The Queen swiveled on her chair, "Wordy?" she said to me.

"I merely responded to Lady Gwendolyn's request as to how far back we were."

"Back?"

"In Time."

Gwen said, before anyone could ask, "Five centuries ... or more."

"How many more?" asked the Queen.

Gwen groaned.

"Norman Casque helms with the nose guard and hinged cheek guards with ties and chain-mail neck flap. 1000 t0 1100," I said. "Not sooner than 600 AD."

"You could have told me that," Gwen said accusingly.

I held out my hand to Gwen.

"What?" she asked.

"The watch," I responded.

First she stuck a hand in every pocket, then she slapped all her pockets and did it again. Turning blushing red, she said, "I seem to have left it in my other pants ... OH MY GOD ... I dumped them in the laundry chute," and she was out the main door. Before the heavy door slammed shut, we could hear her screaming, "SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!" ... SLAM!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.