Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War

Copyright© 2007 by Mike Cropo. All rights reserved

Chapter 21

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21 - The continuing story of King Leonidas of Sparta's unknown son Martin. Now that Earth is secure, Martin must return to the home planet of his species and claim the throne of his grandfather. He will discover many wondrous things about the galaxy spanning empire he is now King of, as well as the fact that many do not want him to claim the throne that is his by birthright. He will face many challenges that will test his mettle and beliefs. It will become personal. It will become A Spartan's War.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Lesbian   BiSexual   Shemale   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Vampires   Interracial   Slow   Violence   Sci-fi Lesbian Sex story

ENURRUA

DAY FORTY-FIVE

Isheeni looked up slowly as she felt Anja approach. The cave was silent, everyone getting the last bit of sleep they could before the battles began. The Spartans were confident and ready, waiting in their positions all around the mountain strong hold. The men and women rebels were less confident, most believing they would not live through the next day or so. Though Isheeni could not see the first fingers of dawn stretching across the sky, she could feel it as the sun rose. She glanced down quickly to where Aricia was curled up next to her, Isheeni's now healed wing draped gently over her sleeping form.

Isheeni ... how do you feel? Anja asked as she settled silently to the cave floor in front of her.

Isheeni nodded gently. For a healer Queen Anja, you move with the grace and skill of a shadow. Anja smiled and reached up to touch Isheeni's head. She glanced down at Aricia quickly, her face showing her concern. It is the first deep sleep she has had in several days. Her heart is so heavy Milady. The word that the King headed deeper into High Coven territory and not here to get her struck her hard.

Anja nodded. He loved her most of all of us Isheeni.

You knew this? Isheeni spoke genuinely curious. And still you love him?

Anja nodded. Dysea and I both knew it the moment she came into our lives. It never stopped us from loving him as much as we do. And it never stopped Martin or Little Wolf from loving us in return. It's very hard to explain. You might understand better if you ever meet him.

Emotions of destiny and the heart usually are. Isheeni replied nodding her head. My mother taught me that. She said it was an emotion of destiny when Torma came to her and asked for her permission to take me as his mate, knowing that I could not bear him children for so many years. And I will only meet the king if he returns for her. I will not leave her side Anja. I am bound to her now, and our bond is growing stronger. It's almost as if sometimes we can see each others thoughts.

Aricia was always the more powerful. She may be the youngest of us, but only she can compare to the power that Martin wields. I think that is why their connection is so strong. Anja spoke.

Then why does he not come for her Anja? Isheeni asked. If he loved her so much ... he must be just as sick at heart as she is? She will never be whole without him, and the longer they remain apart the harder it will be for her to go on.

I know Isheeni. And he will never be whole without her. Anja said softly. I don't know what goes through his head Isheeni. He is a very complex man.

He either loves her or he does not. Isheeni snorted in very un-dragon like fashion. There is no complexity to that.

I can feel nothing from him Isheeni. It's almost as if Martin ... really everyone has suddenly stopped talking. I can hear no one Mindvoicing. Anja said.

Isheeni nodded in agreement. I felt this as well. What do you think it means?

Anja shook her head. I don't know. Can any of Chetak's men Mindvoice on our level Isheeni?

I have seen none in my almost five hundred years with the exception of Isra. They do not advance this skill past the first few levels. Isheeni spoke. Only you and Aricia have greater Mindvoice skills than the normal dragon, and we are far more advanced in this skill than Chetak's men. I can not even hear my own kind.

Could they sense that the battle is coming and they are hiding somewhere? Anja asked.

They would go into the wastes, to my mother's caverns. Isheeni answered. Even still I should feel them ... hear them ... and I do not.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Anja spoke. You can't fly Isheeni, not with you wing. You need to remain on the ground or you risk damaging your wing more before it fully heals.

I will remain here with Aricia. Isheeni spoke. The entrance is only a few meters away if we need to leave quickly.

Anja turned and looked at the wide ledge she was referring too and she nodded. We'll be set up there as well.

Thank ... thank you for what you have done Milady. Isheeni asked.

Anja smiled. I did nothing. You have been her life line Isheeni and for that I thank you. I don't think I could have dealt with losing both of them, even with Seanna in my life now.

Isheeni turned and looked at where the dark haired Hadarian female was just beginning to stir. The connection you have with her is even deeper than what you share with Aricia. It is because she is your kind.

Anja nodded. Yes.

And still you came for Aricia?

Anja smiled. I will always come for Aricia. She is as much a part of my life as Seanna now is. As Martin has always been.

She has many that care for her. Isheeni spoke. Perhaps this can sustain her.

We'll give it our best shot Isheeni. Anja spoke. I have to check our positions with Atropos. Remember what I told you. No flying or you risk further injury and you could possibly hurt your eggs.

Isheeni nodded. I will not fly just yet. I can feel them now Queen Anja. My hatchlings grow inside me. I should not be able to carry eggs for another thirty years, yet I can feel them growing inside me! It is wondrous! She spoke with what amounted to a twinkle in her eye and a smile on her dragon face.

Now you must protect them as well.

I will Milady. I will.

Anja chuckled and patted her head before moving back to where Seanna was rolling up their sleeping mats. Isheeni watched them share a soft kiss before the hulking Spartan that was Aricia's brother moved quietly into view. It still stunned Isheeni how the Spartans of his size could move with such softness and grace. She watched as they exchanged words and then Anja nodded and she and Seanna followed him toward the entrance of the caves.


Martin also watched the first fingers of dawn as they stretched across the horizon. He was sitting on the boulder, Torma resting on the ground next to him, his eyes watching the scene as well. Martin's left hand rested on the huge obsidian colored head and he absently scratched Torma's scales. Helen watched as at times he would nod, or Torma would look at him, as if they were talking to one another. Helen knew this to be true, for while she could not hear their thoughts, she could feel the tremors of their Mindvoice powers.

Walter stepped up next to where Helen stood watching him. "Can you see his thoughts Helen?" He asked.

Helen shook her head slowly. "No Dymas. I may have the First Oracle's memories and knowledge and even some of his power, but the only one who could crack those shields resides not a hundred kilometers from here."

"He has grown more than you first thought hasn't he?"

"It is this connection with Torma." Helen replied softly. "With all of them really. They took the best from each other. Dragons by their nature are benevolent, our people wild and untamed. They have shared the best parts of each other, and they are better for it."

"You know why he chose three hundred?" Walter said.

"To honor his father." Helen replied with a nod. "I saw that coming when he first discovered these skills with Torma. He is going to make them an honor guard of sorts. A unit of Spartans and Dragons. Never in my life have I seen such a thing. And the way he intends to utilize them? If they succeed today Dymas, their very name will strike fear into those who would harm the Union."

Walter nodded. "I believe that is what he intends them to do." He said. "He surpasses his father in military genius by so wide a margin I can't begin to compare them. You know what he intends to call them don't you?" Helen looked at him, shaking her head. "Mjolnir's Hand." He said softly.

Helen smiled. "After the mythical hammer of the Norse god Thor." She spoke. She nodded. "It is appropriate Dymas. They will help when they can and smash if they must. You realize there is not an ounce of arrogance in his body." Helen spoke. "And that is what makes him so very dangerous."

Walter nodded. "What does he plan to do with this Chetak and his son Joric Helen?" Walter asked.

Helen turned and looked at him. "Chetak ... I do not know what he intends for Chetak. I will tell you that this Joric, his death will be neither painless nor quick for what he has done to Aricia."

"Spartan justice." Walter whispered nodding his head. "As it should be."


Martin looked at the timepiece on his wrist and then back to the brightening sky.

It is almost time Torma my friend. He spoke.

Will we teach Isheeni and Aricia what we have learned sire?

Martin nodded. We must. Their bond is nearly as strong as ours, and as ours grows so does theirs.

I touched her last night Milord if only briefly. I was able to block her like you taught me Martin. She was injured yesterday. Martin turned to look at him.

Badly?

Queen Anja and another Hadarian healed her quickly. She was shot by one of Chetak's men. One of his leaders. Queen Anja chased him away. Torma looked at Martin with his golden eyes and Martin could see the simmering anger. I now feel what you do my King. The anger at what they have done to my mate. I want to...

If he lives Torma ... he is yours. Martin spoke.

Torma nodded slowly. When I saw ... when I saw her flying that first day sire. I knew I had to have her. To my eyes she was the most beautiful creature that the gods have ever created. I did not care that she could not give me children for so many years. I knew when we had hatchlings they would be strong and proud because of her. Is ... is that what you feel for Aricia sire?

Martin nodded slowly. From the moment she first touched my thoughts Torma. I love them all ... but Aricia ... when we became soulmates Torma ... it was the best day of my life. I intend to get that back my friend. Joric will suffer pain for every touch upon her body that she did not want. And if I am what she still desires, I will make love to her for as long as she needs me too. As long as I need to, to show her that I have always loved her. If ... if she allows me.

That could be a long time Milord. You and she will have the endurance of my kind now, bonded as we are, as she is with Isheeni. Isheeni and I can couple for days without tiring.

Martin chuckled and looked at him, putting his hand on Torma's head. I don't find that prospect bad at all Torma.

Martin turned when he heard the shuffling behind him and he saw the three hundred Spartans and dragons moving slowly to where he sat. It's time Torma.

Martin stood up as Torma gathered his powerful body under him and they both turned to face those moving closer to them.

Remember what the Oracle has taught you! What Torma and I have showed you! Martin reached out touching all of them by Mindvoice, dragons included. You are strongest when you are together, so when you land; do not stray far from each other. Your dragons can fly, and drawing off of you, they can shield you both. Let them fly and use whatever other tools they have while you fight from their backs. They will protect you without question and you must honor them in this way as well. We are not just three hundred Spartans and three hundred dragons ... but six hundred minds! You will not be invincible ... so watch your brother next to you and in front of you and behind you. The weapons they have will not penetrate our shields, but do not grow overconfident and sloppy. Use what you have been trained to use, Nehtes, Shi Viskas, your 190s. You will be broken into three groups of one hundred. Andreus will command one, I will command one and Isra will command one.

Isra looked at Martin on the rock from the second rank of men and dragons with wide eyes. That he was even standing here right now was a feeling he had never experienced before. So many years of being alone and not fitting in with his father and brothers, and all those around him. Now ... now Isra felt like he belonged. He could hear the minds of these men and dragons easily now, a skill he had never had before meeting Aelnala. Their connection had grown stronger by the hour and after losing Tarifa and Aihola, he threw himself into his moments with her. This was what he was meant for.

Sire ... I am ... I am not a Spartan. I do not have the right to lead these men.

Martin looked at Andreus and nodded. Andreus turned and took the bundle from the Spartan next to him and tossed it to Isra.

You stand among Spartans by order of King Leonidas Isra, son of Chetak. Therefore you are now a Spartan. We will see to your training when the battle is over, but I doubt much will be needed. Andreus spoke. Wear the uniform with pride and never dishonor it, for you will face us if you do. We are Mjolnir's Hand now, and we will be far more an enemy to those who wish to do us harm than any seen before!

We use only Mindvoice from here on out! Martin continued. You were chosen because of your strength with this skill, and with your dragon at your side it doubles. It allows us to be much sneakier as well!

This brought laughter from the Spartans, and even the dragons, that were rapidly picking up on the mannerisms and emotions of their flying partners.

Martin smiled and climbed onto Torma's back as the roar of dragons and men filled the plains around them. He lifted his matte black helmet, the four colored crest waving gracefully. He touched the raven color in the front, running his fingers back through all of them before he lowered the helmet onto his head. Eight minutes Mjolnir's hand. In eight minutes they will know that we have come. No retreat! No surrender! No Mercy! Do not stop until our enemies are all dead or cowed before us! That is my order!

Ben stood on the ramp of the AUTUMN MOON Frigate two hundred meters away and smiled. "Oh man this is about to get good!" He spoke to Endith and For'mya. "Get to your ship ladies ... the shit is about to come a crashing down!"

For'mya looked across the plains until her keen elf eyes fell on Martin. He was looking at her she could see that.

Retrieve your soul Martin Leonidas. Retrieve our soul. She reached out with her mind. It was so easy now, so natural. The Oracle Helen had told her she had grown stronger than all but Martin and the Queens, and she now joined the very few who could communicate on this level. I belong to both of you now, and I do not fear that arrangement in the least.

As we belong to you For'mya. He answered warmly. Do not die on us For'mya, for we have much to explore.

Do not die Martin Leonidas, for I look forward to that exploration. Every wonderful portion of it.

For'mya turned then to Endith as they began walking to the STRIKER that was already starting to warm up with Tina in the engineer's seat. "Endith ... what does Benjamin mean ... the shit is about to come crashing down. It is a clear sky Endith."

Endith looked at her and laughed as she took her arm. "Tina and I need to educate you For'mya." She said.


CHETAK'S RESIDENCE

Chetak climbed from the shower in his bathing room and began to towel off his naked body as he walked into the main portion of his bedroom. The large monitor on his wall, always attuned to the single Net Channel he allowed to set up in Republic space, was showing nothing but white fuzz. His eyes narrowed and he moved to the screen, adjusting the controls to no avail. He banged on the table panel activating the Com channel.

"I have lost the Net Channel signal!" He exclaimed. "I had to wait a full day for this delayed transmission from the Union Senate meeting and now I am missing it!"

"Milord ... transmissions are down." The voice replied. "There is nothing getting through! We are checking the transmission towers ... but it appears all communications planet wide is down as well!"

Chetak looked at the monitor. "How is that possible? We have dedicated systems for all military traffic! Are you telling me I can't communicate with my son in the south?"

"All communications is down sir! It just started. It's almost as if someone is jamming us! Jamming everything we have!"

"No one would dare jam us!" Chetak barked. "Find out what is going on anse you! I'll be down in a few moments!" Chetak caught the faint scent of cinnamon and sweet apples mixed in with nutmeg and he turned slowly, his survival instincts kicking in. He froze when he saw the barrel of the Spartan P190 exactly three centimeters from his nose. Behind the sights of the weapon was a huge black skinned Spartan with dark eyes, and his hands were rock steady.

"Hi there motherfucker." Dan spoke softly.

Chetak had faced many men in his life, men even bigger than himself, he didn't fear Danny's size, but he didn't like what he saw in those dark eyes. "You are well trained to get into my home Spartan." Chetak spoke confidently. "You are alone and you will not leave here alive. You must be a young wolf to be brave enough to think you can best me by yourself. I have nearly fourteen thousand years of experience."

Dan smiled. "That just goes to show how fucking stupid you really are old man." Dan spoke. "Look out the corner of your eyes Chetak."

Chetak moved his head slightly and saw the point of the Nehtes only a few centimeters from the side of his neck. Holding that seven and a half foot spear was a female elf with rust colored red hair and stunning cerulean blue eyes. He watched as her eyes changed becoming outlined in black and her wolf fangs slowly extended to three quarters of an inch. He turned his head slowly the other way and saw the dark skinned female elf with shimmering white hair on his other side, the blade of the razor sharp knife pressing to his exposed skin. Her amber eyes were gleaming points of cold beauty. Behind the hulking Spartan he saw two other shadows move into view. He smelled the vampire blood in her before he even saw Yuriko's cobalt blue eyes, and the Hadarian male looked extremely capable.

Slowly Chetak turned back to look at Danny. "You need elf females and vampires to do your work for you Spartan?" He growled.

Danny chuckled. "They are my mates Chetak ... and they are Spartans too. Yuriko is Marty's adopted daughter, and she ain't real happy with you for what you have done. King Leonidas wanted me to make sure nothing happened to your wrinkled ass before he had a chance to properly say hello."

Anuk leaned forward, her right forearm never wavering as the Nehtes maintained its killing position. She only needed to push it forwards an inch and Chetak's head would be impaled. Anuk snorted when she glanced between his legs and saw his limp cock dangling.

She looked back up and her eyes went to where Nayeca stood.

"There doesn't seem to be much there to work with Mistress," Anuk spoke calmly. "Perhaps that is why they have to force themselves on the females of their kind. Who would want that? It is so small."

Nayeca smiled and looked at her. "We are simply spoiled Anuk." She said.

Chetak growled and started to make a move forward. Dan pressed the barrel of the P190 against his forehead, while both the Nehtes and Nayeca's blades touched his skin, the tip of Anuk's Nehtes drawing a drop of blood from his ear lobe as the razor edge cut it lightly.

"The King wanted us to keep you company while he destroys all that you have amassed here old man!" Nayeca spoke in a low menacing voice. "He did not say what your condition had to be. If you wish to test us ... please do."

Danny grinned, his eyes never leaving Chetak's. "You think you can beat all five of us old man?" He asked softly. "Go ahead, give it a whirl."

Anuk smiled and tapped the COM unit built into her body armor. "Father ... we have him." She spoke.

"Insure Daniel and Yuriko do not hurt him too badly Anuk." Vengal's voice filled the room. "The King has plans for him."

"I will make sure father." Anuk answered.

"We are in position." Vengal spoke. "As soon as Komirri gives the signal, we will strike. Vistr is impatient to bring this foul regime to an end, as am I. Tell this fool Chetak I will enjoy destroying his lone spaceport. He will no longer have use for it."

Anuk saw Chetak's eyes go a little wider. "I'll make sure he knows papa." She replied. "We will see you when this over."

Yuriko stepped up next to Daniel, her cobalt blue vampire eyes simmering with barely controlled anger. "We disposed of the guards Daniel." She spoke. "It was a simple matter. They are no better trained than this fat fool with no cock."

Filrian couldn't help but laugh from where he stood.

Danny lowered the P190 several inches and looked at Chetak with a smile. "Don't worry Chetak. In about three minutes ... the jamming will stop ... and you can watch your wannabe violent empire come to a rather inglorious end." Dan stepped close to him, close enough to smell Chetak's blossoming fear. "You made one mistake old man." Dan growled. "You didn't kill him."

Yuriko laughed heartily. "This fool kill father?" She said. "What a joke that is."

Filrian pulled over the chair and grabbed Chetak none too kindly by his long graying hair, yanking him over and slamming him down into the chair. "Take a seat. I don't want to have to exercise my healing skills on you because you fall down over what you will see." He said. "I might suddenly forget what I have learned over the years."

Chetak glared at Danny with evil in his eyes as his mind raced with scenarios on how to get out of here and warn his men and Joric that there were Spartans and elves on the planet and preparing to attack.

It wouldn't be in time. Not by a long shot.


LEONIDAS I

"Give me a channel Fleet Wide!" Komirri barked as he came onto the bridge, walking briskly to his command chair.

"Channel is open Captain."

"This is Captain Komirri of the LEONIDAS I. We have ninety seconds before we initiate our attack! Listen to me now, all of you. We have seen the type of man our King is. We have fought with him, suffered with him these last weeks over something he thought was his fault. These scum ... people of his own race ... they took his Queen from him in the most disgusting of ways. You all know what has happened while we have been showing the High Coven we have bigger teeth by smashing Ukwav! We are many species in the Union, many species within this fleet, but we are all here because we are the very best at what we do. We are the King's fleet." Komirri walked slowly around the bridge. "What has occurred is vile to all of us, but more so to our Lycavorian brothers. They consider rape to be the most heinous of crimes because of the roots of their past that they left behind. And these fools committed that act on our Queen! Do we let that go unpunished?

"They commit it even now on the women of this world below us, and those others in the sector. Every day, every night! I am not Lycavorian ... many of us are not ... but this day we are all the same species. This day we are our King's species ... this day we are all Lycavorian. We will leave nothing undone! We outnumber them, yes. We outgun them, yes. I do not care! For what they have done, what they continue to do, they will suffer the wrath of the Lycavorian Union! Leave no ship, no fighter, and no transport, leave nothing! All ships will prepare their heavy transports, whether it is one or ten. Once our fighters and STRIKERs have launched, these ships will then launch and move to designated points on the surface of Enurrua. All of you remember we are the best at what we do. And we are here for a reason! Good luck to you all!"

Komirri moved to his command chair. "Time?"

"Twenty-seven seconds Captain!"

He nodded. "Lock all targets within our radius! Four missiles per ship, I don't care what size they are. What the missiles do not destroy take apart with the plasma arrays! Our fighters?"

"All squadrons report green across the board! All STRIKERs are ready for launch! Star Commander For'mya is already airborne and maintaining a low orbit! Our jamming has blinded them completely Captain. They won't know what hit them until we attack."

Komirri nodded with an evil grin on his reptilian features. "Once we begin the attack, stop the jamming and contact Commander Rajon on the ground. The King was clear. Chetak is to watch the fall of his empire."

"Captain! Admiral Riall and the 3rd Group have entered the system firing!" The sensor operator barked out with a smile, the excitement in his voice infectious. "They are blasting the Republic ships to atoms!"

Komirri came to his feet. "Good ... what is a few more seconds anyway?" He stabbed the button on the arm of his chair. "Komirri to 1st Spartan Attack Group! De-shroud and begin our attack! Now! Execute! Execute!"

As if guided by a single mind, two hundred and thirty-nine ships phased back into visual existence and with blinding flashes of light, missiles launches and plasma beam arrays turned the star filled space into a fireworks display.


Arzoal heard the gasps among the dozens of dragons that were crowding onto the ledge of the main cavern. She moved to quickly to see what was causing the stir and she followed their gaze skyward. Brilliant points of light were exploding in the brightening sky above them, lances of multicolored lines crisscrossing in a myriad of patterns.

You will know the road he has chosen when you see the burning of the path he lights across the stars.

Arzoal remembered Val'istar's words to her well and she felt millennia of anguish and heartache slipping away.

Elder mother what is it? The young dragon asked from next to her. What is happening among the stars?

Arzoal looked down at the dragon. Her flame colored eyes shone in the morning light and if a dragon could cry and smile at the same time Arzoal would be doing both.

A King is keeping his promise to me little one. Arzoal answered softly. We will be free this day. Go now ... spread the word little one. All those who do not carry eggs, young and old, gather here as fast as their wings will carry them!

Elder mother why?

Arzoal took a deep breath. We are going to war little one.


Commander Rajon was running through the caverns as fast as his two legs would carry him, two fingers pressed against the ear piece he wore connecting him to his Frigate and their sensors. He could see dozens of people moving for the many entrances and openings in the tunnels and caves, but he had only one destination.

He burst onto the wide expanse of ledge that was only thirty meters from the top of this ridgeline. They had decided to use it as their observation post, at least until the artillery began to rain down on them. The ledge, plateau really was wide and flat, and a natural rock wall formed along the edge to keep others from falling down the steep mountain side below. They had thought it would be happening already, but only minutes before the stars above them had begun lighting up. Golna, Tarifa, the Drow, Anja, Atropos, they were all gathered here, and his eyes detected the large azure blue dragon and Queen Aricia as well. All of them were looking skyward as if mesmerized.

Anja turned when he burst onto the plateau. "Rajon what is going on? Something is going on in orbit." Anja snapped.

Rajon's face was animated and his eyes wide. "He's here!" He said.

"What? Who's here?" Golna demanded.

"The King is here! The 1st Spartan Attack Group appeared out of nowhere only two minutes ago! They are in orbit right now blowing the sibfla out of Chetak's fleet! That is what we are seeing! Admiral Riall's 3rd Group is destroying Chetak's shipyards and his measly force of cruisers and corvettes!" Rajon spoke.

Anja's eyes were wide. "Martin is here!" She gasped.

Aricia stepped closer to him, her eyes wide and her heart racing uncontrollably. Her beloved was here. "You ... you said he went deeper into High Coven territory!"

Rajon nodded. "Those were the reports we got Milady Aricia! It was a ruse! The moment they went dark, they altered course and headed here! I'm getting reports directly from the LEONIDAS I now! We are engaging ground targets all over the planet. Every planet! They are telling me the King has been on the surface for two days! They said he would be contacting us soon!"

Aricia looked at him wide eyed. "Two days!" She gasped as Anja stepped up to her quickly, her eyes moist. "He has ... he has been here for two days! Here ... on this planet? How? Why?"

Rajon nodded. "That's what they are telling me Milady! They..."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.