Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood - Book 2: A Spartan's War

Copyright© 2007 by Mike Cropo. All rights reserved

Chapter 11

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11 - The continuing story of King Leonidas of Sparta's unknown son Martin. Now that Earth is secure, Martin must return to the home planet of his species and claim the throne of his grandfather. He will discover many wondrous things about the galaxy spanning empire he is now King of, as well as the fact that many do not want him to claim the throne that is his by birthright. He will face many challenges that will test his mettle and beliefs. It will become personal. It will become A Spartan's War.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Lesbian   BiSexual   Shemale   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Vampires   Interracial   Slow   Violence   Sci-fi Lesbian Sex story

HADARIA

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

Seanna sat to one side of the room in the palace and watched as Anja practiced calling for the healing pulses within her. She was practicing on the broken pieces of fruit and repairing the cellular damage made by knives and dropping the separate fruits onto the floor. She had a habit of lifting the pieces of fruit off the floor with her Mindvoice talents, frustrating her instructors who were telling her to focus on the healing pulses and try not to use both gifts she possessed. Seanna smiled as she realized Anja was ignoring them on purpose.

"She is advancing at a rate that far exceeds any of our hopes isn't she Seanna?" The low voice spoke.

Seanna turned and saw Fuleos standing beside her as she got to her feet. He was a frail looking man, due in part to his age, as he was among the oldest of their people. Yet there was something within him that was injured, had been injured long ago. He above all the Healers among the Hadarian people had seen more combat with their comrades the Lycavorians and elves than any other. It was as if those battles had taken something from him. However, it was something that Seanna could see returning to him more and more as each day passed now that Anja had returned. They had spent every moment together, when she wasn't training with her instructors or Seanna, deep in conversation and enjoying the bond of family that they had rediscovered.

Seanna nodded turning her dark green eyes back to Anja, "Unbelievably so sir." She said softly. "She no longer needs to pull from me. It's almost as if she is pulling from the residual metaphysical radiation in the atmosphere and directing it, shaping it to her will. She is doing things now that even five year students should not be able to do."

"I saw this in her mother as well." Fuleos nodded slowly, his dark eyes going to where Anja knelt on the training floor.

When word had reached him that his great granddaughter still lived, that a grandchild of his blood had survived the purges, Fuleos had felt like a weight of a thousand years had lifted from him. To learn she had become mate to the Lycavorian King and part wolf only made it that much sweeter as far as he was concerned. He had listened to the Old Ones blather about her connection to the King and these other two females and how their secret would be at risk. Fuleos had not believed a word of it. When he looked at Anja, he saw his son's wife. She, like Anja, had been of stunning and sensuous beauty. Her jade green eyes could draw you in like children's candy and though she was of the same build and hair color as her mother, Anja was incredibly more physically defined and her hair was much longer. Fuleos doubted if there was an ounce of fat on her, and the curves and shape of her body had male heads turning from every direction whenever they walked among the city streets.

"Her Mindvoice powers increase as well as her healing gifts." Fuleos said.

Seanna looked at him. "I did not think anyone else noticed." She said.

"She is tied to the King quite strongly Mage Warrior, do not discount that." Fuleos said.

"But the King ... in his grief, he has blocked all communication with Anja and Dysea." Seanna spoke.

Fuleos nodded, "Perhaps and perhaps not. If he is as powerful as rumors are making him out to be it would not surprise me if she was still drawing some small fraction of her Mindvoice powers from him. Or he is allowing her to. He may have actively closed their connection for whatever reason, but he is a Lycavorian male, and he will always touch them in some manner. It is their way ... the way they protect those they love."

"Do you believe he is as powerful as they say sir?" Seanna asked.

Fuleos smiled. "I will tell you my opinion, from what I have seen and read and from what my granddaughter has told me of him. He is a man of deep conviction and morals, like his grandfather. He is also closer to the instinctual nature of his people, closer than anyone has been in thousands of years, much like his father. My granddaughter has told me of the wildness he keeps trapped inside, trapped behind shields that no one will ever breach. For all his power, he is still just a man, and that is what makes him so powerful. He knows this and he has never wanted what is thrust upon him, much like Resumar did not. And that is why her connection to him is so pure, much like his elf Queen."

Seanna looked at him. "Their connection does run very deep sir." She spoke.

"I'm sure it does." Fuleos said. "Far deeper then many would like it to run, of that I'm quite sure."

"Are they still belaboring that point sir?" Seanna hissed turning to him. "She has already told them she will never sever her ties with Martin. She would not allow it, and nor would the others, nor would he. Why will they push her on this?"

"Because for all their words and posturing Seanna, they are still politicians," Fuleos said with a grin. "They will push her until she pushes back, and then it will stop. Probably quite abruptly if what I see in her is accurate."

"I have seen her angry." Seanna spoke with a smile. "It is not pretty to witness."

Fuleos chuckled. "I have no doubts of that." Fuleos looked at her intently. "You care for her Seanna."

"She is my Queen, sir." Seanna replied softly, her eyes going back to where Anja knelt. "How could I not?"

"You care for her in a way a Hadarian Mage Warrior should not care for her Queen Seanna." Fuleos spoke.

Seanna met his eyes without fear or surprise. "I do sir. There is something about her that calls to me in a way I have never felt before. Being here ... learning of us, of her people, it has helped her more than you know. She still has a heavy heart, she hides it well, but it is still there. She shared something special with Aricia ... something that she misses and does not know if she can replace."

"Then show her she can, if that is what you and she desire." Fuleos spoke softly.

"I don't believe she wants to replace it sir." Seanna spoke.

"My granddaughter and I have shared many hours together since she has returned here Seanna, you know this. And she has spoken to me of many things that others will not know. Surprisingly I have become her confidant. She does not care for her aunt and uncle, not that I blame her; they are judgmental people who resent that she has returned to us half wolf and very much having her own mind. They don't like that they can not influence her or control her. I have been blessed that she has confided so much in me, in the little time we have had together." Fuleos looked at Seanna. "It is a relationship that will make me live a few more years so that I can see it grow and become stronger."

Seanna chuckled. "That would be very good sir. I believe ... I believe Anja would like that." She spoke.

"Remember Seanna ... she is also part wolf." Fuleos spoke. "The Lycavorian people, by their very nature, they require physical contact, a touch or caress, whether it be for pleasure or for comfort or for friendship." He told her. "She finds you "yummy" I believe the word was that she used to describe you, and whether you know it or not, your very presence for her these last weeks have been what she needed." He smiled when he saw Seanna's eyes go a little wider. "Her vocabulary will take some getting used to I know, but I am assuming "yummy" is a very good thing in relation to you. She may not wish to replace what she had with Aricia, that is true, but the wolf in her craves attention from someone who cares for her just as strongly as the King does."

Seanna looked at him. "You ... you do not seem to care that I desire my Queen in this way sir." She said.

"She is my granddaughter Seanna." Fuleos spoke with a gentle smile. "I lost her once ... and I will not lose her again. If you are what makes her happy Seanna, and it is your wish as well ... so be it. The stronger she is, the stronger our King will be, and in the end, the stronger our Union will be."


ENURRUA

Tablina moved to the entrance of Arzoal's huge cavern home, holding the light wrap around her shoulders against the morning chill. The entrance opened up into a wide expanse of ledge that overlooked the valley four thousand meters below. The sun was just rising in the distance, and it cast a glow of life across the tree tops and dewy land as far as the eye could see.

What troubles you Tablina? Arzoal asked softly as she settled her huge twenty-five foot long, three thousand kilo body next to her on the open ledge.

I am still trying to figure out how Chetak discovered Aricia is still alive. Tablina spoke turning to look at her. We were so careful. And then he has men follow me to our rendezvous that same night? It is too much of a coincidence.

The better question is what he intended if you had not lost the men who were following you that night. Arzoal spoke. You said he was upset because Aricia did not conceive?

Tablina nodded. I'm beginning to wonder if they had the serum examined somehow, and detected what we did.

That is impossible Tablina. Very few have the knowledge or equipment to detect what I added to the serum to prevent that from happening. Chetak is not one of them, nor are any of those he employs. If I am accurate ... only a Hadarian would be able to detect it and only if they were knowledgeable of the old elven ways.

Then why does he suspect Arzoal? Tablina asked. Those who help me have told me my home in Atlatus is being watched all the time now. He is waiting for me to return. He knows.

Whatever he knows ... he will not find her. Isheeni and Torma have taken her somewhere they will never think to look. She is safe. Arzoal replied. And you will now remain here with us to keep you safe.

Have you spoken with her? Tablina asked.

Arzoal shook her massive head. Isheeni is strong willed and stubborn Tablina, you know this. It is why Torma is so devoted to her. Isheeni has bound herself to Aricia and Torma to the King. In his place he will serve Aricia now.

She won't speak with you directly?

Her time with Aricia has made her resentful of what we did. Arzoal spoke. I sense it in Torma as well. They are angry we ... angry we have resorted to the same tactics that the people we hate have used. Torma told me that.

Isheeni knew what we intended by our actions Arzoal. Tablina spoke. I am not trying to make excuses, but...

Tablina ... my daughter is young. She has touched Aricia's mind in a way I believe only the King has. What she saw in there ... the love and happiness ... she is angry that we took that away from her.

Even for the greater good Arzoal? Tablina asked.

Arzoal sighed heavily. That is why we did it Tablina my friend. That does not make it right.

Tablina nodded quickly. I'm not trying to justify it Arzoal, truly.

I know ... but we must whatever attempt we can to...

Elder Mother! The excited male voice exclaimed outward in their minds.

Arzoal turned as Tablina leaned over the edge further, gazing down at the land before them. It always amazed her at how high they truly were, and she scanned the side of the huge mountain. Her sharp eyes detected something reflecting off the morning sun and she leaned further out.

What is it Alon? Arzoal turned to look at the much smaller dragon burst out onto the ledge. He was only a hundred years old, his yellow scales just starting to change to the brownish red of his Heavyhorn mother and father.

Elder Mother one of our southern hunting parties has been attacked by Chetak's men in the next valley! They were caught attempting to bring down a stag. Kremal is injured and attempting to carry his mate Ramala back to safety! She caught the blast from a rail weapon in her side!

Ramala is carrying eggs! Arzoal barked. Why was she hunting? Tablina I must go!

Arzoal! Tablina snapped turning from the ledge.

Tablina I must go to Ramala! I can not let her die and lose her eggs!

Arzoal ... I know why Chetak suspects Aricia is alive!

What? How!

Isheeni said she launched her Shi Viska at Joric as she was falling!

Tablina please I must go!

Isheeni said this correct! Tablina snapped.

Yes! Torma said he caught a glimpse of it embedding in the wall! Why?

You'd better look for yourself! Tablina spoke motioning with her head over the edge.

Arzoal grunted in frustration and moved next to her, leaning her head over the edge, extending her neck out. What am I looking for Tablina!

Arzoal heard the cracking and snap of breaking rock and the noise of slivers of dirt and stone falling. She saw the flash of silver in the climbing sun, and then her flame colored eyes went wide as the Shi Viska shield blazed past her heading south. Arzoal's head snapped back up and she looked at Tablina. By the gods!

Tablina nodded slowly. "That is what you were looking for Arzoal. That is how Chetak knows she still lives. And now it's conveniently on its way south where your dragons are being chased."

She ... she called it from half a planet away? Arzoal gasped in shock. Tablina ... the power to do this is...

Tablina nodded. "Yes I know." Tablina turned to the south. "I believe Chetak's men are not going to like the welcome she is going to give them."


It was unlike anything she had ever experienced.

Her strong legs were squeezing tightly to the base of Isheeni's powerful neck, her hands clamped tightly to the curved eight inch long spikes on her shoulders. It had been Isheeni's idea to actually let Aricia ride on her back between her wings so that she could bath in the cool stream below their cave. It had happened almost naturally, as they were flying back to the waterfall cave, that Aricia had grasped the curved spikes on Isheeni's shoulders and squeezed her thighs tightly to the smooth scales beneath her.

Show me your world Isheeni. Aricia had spoken softly within her mind.

Isheeni had turned her head slightly as her powerful wings beat rhythmically and she climbed for altitude to return to the cave. You are not afraid? She had asked surprised. I can fly very high.

What is there to be afraid of? Aricia had answered. If I fall and die, it will be no different than if I fall in battle.

Isheeni had turned to look at Torma, who flew gracefully next to her. In the dragon version of a shrug, he beat his wings harder and reached for more height. Isheeni quickly followed, and it had started what they had continued now for the last three days.

Aricia would more often ride Isheeni as she was slimmer around the neck, but she had ridden Torma several times as well. Isheeni was far faster, as she was a natural flyer, built for power and speed, while Torma was larger physically by a good margin and took longer to make the breakneck turns that Isheeni could execute in the blink of an eye. At first Aricia thought she would fall off easily, but experimentation allowed her to train herself in hours. She would keep her long legs tight to Isheeni's muscular neck where the joint and muscles connecting her wings provided a natural air brake, while gripping the two naturally curved spikes that made excellent hand holds. Aricia had ridden horses as a child in Sparta, and the practice was similar, though riding a dragon that could turn upside down and could do full twists, while plunging towards the earth like a speeding Shi Viska in a heartbeat, was considerably more dangerous.

Isheeni quickly took notice that it was when they were flying that Aricia let herself go, and on the second day as they dove for the surface at nearly three hundred kilometers per hour, the wind whipping into Aricia's face pulling at her skin, Isheeni felt Aricia smile. Perhaps it was a smile of release; or the pleasure of flying so high and so fast, for Isheeni it was a sign that perhaps the child Queen she had bound herself too was not completely dead inside.

They were hunting this early in the morning, bringing Aricia so that she could scout the terrain all around them. Isheeni had blocked herself to all but Aricia and Torma, not allowing the voices of her mother or others of her people cloud her thoughts. Torma however, allowed the link to remain open and he heard the call for help.

Isheeni's head snapped around as she banked toward where Torma flew half a kilometer away, Aricia sensing her sudden worry as her mate's emotions spiked.

Torma what is it husband? Isheeni called.

Aricia followed Isheeni's head, their connection always open.

Isheeni ... Kremal and Ramala have been attacked by Chetak's men. Ramala is badly injured and Kremal is wounded and can barely carry her!

Ramala carries eggs! Isheeni exclaimed, swooping lower to come up next to her dragon husband. Why is she out hunting?

They are only two kilometers south of us! Torma exclaimed. We must go to their aide!

Torma we have Aricia with us! Isheeni exclaimed. She has no weapons!

Ramala carried eggs Isheeni! Kremal's children. Torma snapped at her. To someone who could not Mindvoice it appeared as if he had tried to bite her. We can not let them kill her!

Aricia had listened to the exchange and suddenly sat up on Isheeni's back when she heard the name Chetak mentioned. She smiled a grim smile and closed her eyes. She held up her left arm and willed her shield to her. It took only ten seconds for the Shi Viska to cover the five kilometers to the one master alone who could control it. Aricia opened her eyes when the Shi Viska settled like a feather to her arm and then in a silver/white flash it was gone.

Now I have a weapon. She spoke matter of factly. She turned her head to Torma. How far Torma?

Kremal is flying in our direction! Low to the ground! Chetak's men are chasing him in a Runecutter. Torma spoke, his dragon eyesight easily reaching out to see his people. The Gray colored male was carrying the smaller tan colored dragon in his forelimbs as he beat his wings madly. Torma could see the blood on the female dragon, as well as the blood that was showering the ground and trees below Kremal.

Isheeni ... get behind the vehicle! Stay very low and when I tell you, roll completely over! Aricia spoke. Torma ... help your friend. Go Isheeni! Go!

Isheeni didn't hesitate and dove for the surface.


There were four of them in the open backed Runecutter, two of them carrying the massive rail gun weapons. The driver was whisking them madly along the ground following the huge trail of blood the male dragon was leaving as he skimmed the tree tops.

"He's bleeding like a stuck gostin!" One man in the rear exclaimed. "We'll be upon him in minutes! Two dragons' heads today boys! And the toveni is carrying eggs! We'll be rich this day!" (Boar, female)

"You'll be dead this day!" The female voice spoke from above them.

All four men looked straight up, their eyes going wide in unabashed astonishment. Above them, only meters away was a blue scaled Firespitter flying upside down, and riding between her inverted shoulders was a female Lycavorian with hair like night and burning azure blue eyes.

Aricia was not a military officer, and she would now never be a queen, but her beloved had taught her more than enough to deal with these disgusting fools. She lifted her arm and the Shi Viska flared into existence, the men's eyes going even wider. With a single thought the shield launched straight down between the men and sliced through the metal of the Runecutter's floor as if it was paper. The effects were instantaneous and devastating.

The severed rear of the Runecutter came to an abrupt and smashing halt as it dug into the ground beneath them, the four men being propelled into the air as the vehicle they were riding in was cut cleanly in half. The front of the vehicle continued forward, the driver fighting madly for control as he plowed through the trees. His face had an instant of relief as he sprang into a clearing, relief that was quickly washed away when he saw the two dragons they had been hunting now on the ground, and the much larger obsidian Heavyhorn that turned to face his speeding, out of control vehicle.

Torma was the one who acted first, spinning his massive body around at an incredible speed for his size, his tail whipping around behind him and crashing into the front section of the Runecutter, tossing the vehicle filling through the sky as if he hit a children's toy. Torma was not a full Firespitter, but in that regard he was not helpless. He opened his maw and with an immense roar of anger and power he released his own version of fire. The shot of superheated air was over three thousand degrees in temperature, and the moment it came into contact with the wildly spinning front half of the Runecutter, his molten breath melted the vehicle into slag, with the Lycavorian driver screaming the entire way until his body joined the melted heap on the ground, now nothing but ash and crisp flesh.

He turned back to his fellow dragon. Kremal?

She lives Torma my friend. Thank you. She is injured badly but she will survive. She is a stubborn female. The gray Heavyhorn replied, nudging the tan female lying on the ground.

Aren't they all stubborn my friend? You are injured. I will carry Ramala, and we must go help Isheeni.

Torma she faces four Lycavorians alone! She is mad!

Torma shook his dragon head as he gently lifted Ramala into his forelimbs. She is not alone my friend.


The instant the vehicle was cut in half Isheeni righted herself and flared her wings, slowing instantly from matching the Runecutter's speed to gliding along easily, and then she cut sharply back. Aricia leaped from between her shoulders and tucked her body into a neat roll as she hit the surface of the ground ten meters below.

The short flying lesson hadn't hurt the four Lycavorians that bad, only scraps and lacerations from flying meters through the air into the small tress and unyielding ground all around them, but it had scattered their weapons into the wind. The first soldier saw Isheeni settle to the ground not twenty meters from him, feeling the vibration as her two thousand kilos of weight came to rest and he screamed as she cut loose with a full power breath of flame. The Lycavorian soldier screamed insanely as he was cooked alive, his exposed flesh and the heavy clothes curling and melting upon his skin, until no sound came from his lipless face.

His lungs were no more than cinders.

Aricia strode along the ground like an avenging angel just as Torma and Kremal burst through the trees. Her Shi Viska was humming on her arm, and she released it immediately upon her azure blue eyes seeing the second Lycavorian scrambling to pull his weapon from his belt.

I will kill you Joric!

The silver Shi Viska reached the Lycavorian in the time it took him to blink and his head flopped to the earth, rolling a few meters before coming to a stop eyes open in death, his body still sitting upright, blood spurting from his neck stump.

Aricia was upon the third Lycavorian before he could even scream in alarm. Aricia raised her right hand as if to throw a punch and the psychic knife appeared in front of her knuckles, shimmering in its silver colored solid form. Aricia didn't hesitate in her crazed state and she drove her fist forward, driving the psychic knife deeply into the Lycavorian's forehead. It cut deeply like a blade, yet no blood came spilling out, Aricia staring at it in stunned awe at what she had just done. She withdrew her hand quickly, staring at the shimmering psychic knife of energy extending from her knuckles and then at the tea cup size hole it had left completely through the Lycavorian's brain.

I will kill you Joric!

Aricia lifted her eyes to the now terrified Lycavorian that remained. He was struggling to get to his feet, not to fight, but to run. Aricia leaped at him, her azure blue wolf eyes now easily discernible and her fangs extending out completely. She covered the twenty meters in a single heartbeat and two short leaps, her boots crashing down on the man and driving him into the ground with a loud grunt and whoosh of air. He was a large man and he rolled over quickly, swinging his beefy hand in front of him intending to strike the she demon attacking him. The air rushed from his lungs and he screamed as his arm came in contact with the still humming Shi Viska shield and was instantly severed from his body. Aricia kicked him savagely in the side, silencing his scream and hearing ribs snap like dry kindling. He continued to roll blindly, agony lancing through him as he tucked his severed arm against his body and pieces of his shattered ribs stabbed into his muscle and flesh.

The massive Heavyhorn tail smashing to the earth stop his rolling and he froze, flipping over to see the black haired angel of death walking towards him, the psychic knife shimmering in her right hand, the Shi Viska shield twitching on her left forearm.

Aricia stepped up to the man and rammed her foot down on his chest, listening to him howl in pain for several seconds before she pointed the Shi Viska at is head.

"Do not worry little man; you will live this day, unlike your friends." Aricia spoke coldly.

"I'm ... I'm sorry! Don't kill me ... please! It was their idea!" He pleaded lifting his good arm to protect himself, his eyes riveted on her blue orbs with undisguised fear.

"I need you to deliver a message for me butcher!" Aricia snapped. "Tell Joric ... tell Joric I'm coming for him! Tell Joric when I find him; he will feel pain for hours before he dies in the most hideous of ways!" Aricia slammed her right hand down into the man's shoulder, his eyes going wide in agony. Aricia's azure blue wolf eyes were wide as she leaned close to the whimpering Lycavorian troop. "Feel the burn of the dragon lives you have taken in your foul life man." She growled twisting her fist sideways. The man's eyes were wide in silent agonizing pain and a silent tortured scream. "And know that for every dragon you kill beyond this day, I will come for you and remove another portion of your sickening body, until there is only your head, which I will mount on a pole outside Chetak's home, next to his son's head." His eyes closed quickly as she yanked back the psychic knife from his flesh, his upper body beginning to burn with fever unlike anything he had ever felt. Aricia drew back her right foot and kicked him savagely in the mouth, teeth flying across the ground as she dropped him mercifully into unconsciousness.

"Now it has begun Joric." She spoke in a low voice filled with malice and death. "And I will have your head and the head of your father before I leave this life."


EARTH

SPARTA

"We must have missed something." Dysea spoke softly as she rubbed her temples. "I can not believe that we are unable to find anything. Not with what is available to us."

The Royal villa was being used as a command post for all involved. Spartan Royals Guards covered every square meter of the villa, the wall of sensors that Panos had had installed constantly monitored and watched. Spartans in wolf form patrolled the grounds of the villas, as well as those in human form. An AUTUMN MOON-Class Frigate was in low orbit using its station keeping thrusters to remain directly above the villa at a hundred and fifty thousand meters in altitude. No one was going to take chances with the lives of Dysea or Isabella.

They were dressed casually for the most part with the exception of the two Lycavorian officers from the fleet orbiting Earth. Selene and Lynwe occupied one couch, while Aihola and Isabella sat on the same couch as Dysea. Walter sat on one of the kitchen stools and Dilios stood with Panos near the sliding glass door that opened onto the wide patio beyond.

"Everyone must make themselves known when they enter Sparta my Queen. "Dilios spoke. "We may not have a wall per say, but we do have a fine security apparatus in place. I've had my people reviewing all visitors to Sparta in the last eighteen months. With very few exceptions, all of them are citizens who have been here at least five decades. The exceptions we did find were mainly travelers from Athens or other parts of Europe that came for trading and we were able to trace them back to their original starting points. None of them were from North America, and none came anywhere close to the High Coven spaceport that we all now know is on that island."

Isabella turned to the Admiral by the patio door. "Admiral you are positive that this assassin is a Lycavorian?" She asked.

The Admiral nodded quickly, "Undoubtedly Lady Isabella. You have seen our security arrangements on Apo Prime for yourself. Non-Lycavorians ... even those in the Union Fleet are not allowed near the explosive bunkers, where these trigger devices would have been kept. Prime Minister Deia has certainly brought enough trouble on herself for that obviously prejudice action, but that is the way it's been for centuries and it usually goes away quickly."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.