Art Class Preempted - Cover

Art Class Preempted

Copyright© 2014 by autofocus

Section 14

Coming of Age Sex Story: Section 14 - Part Two of Art Class Interrupted. Art becomes life as innocence is lost in school. Strange becomes normal. Innocents go and come often. The models stage a stylistic coup d'etat. Bystanders are conscripted as symmetry is maintained. The population of Bizarro World grows in spurts and fits perfectly for reasons unvoiced but known only in popular fantasy.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Reluctant   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Brother   Sister   Cousins   Light Bond   Harem   Black Female   White Male   White Female   Oriental Female   First   Exhibitionism   Public Sex   Workplace   School   Nudism  

The ‘self-apprehension’ actually occurred after 1:00 AM, Monday morning. Never the less, the wheels kept turning.

A med-evac chopper would land with a fresh doctor and nurse team, then leave with two criticals, bound for the nearby research and teaching hospitals. Ambulances and helicopters moved personnel both ways for the remainder of the morning. Hundreds were ferried from the primary site and some brought in from the assembly plant and cannery.

A few dozen came from the subdivision affected, but the tornado, though fierce, did not last very long.

The community rescue effort had become regional and self-sustaining. It proved the adage: Let people do what they know how to do.

Clean up was complicated, but in a good way. The food service and catering equipment had to be cleaned and returned. Phil never saw his gardening tools again, but that was small change. The blankets, bedding, cots, etc., once used could never be cleaned and sold. They could be sterilized to be stored and used in the future.

Of course the medical supplies and medications were an issue. The Drs. Swenson and Singer called DEA and BATF for inspection and certification of the nearly impossible inventory of the partially used containers and vials of all controlled substances and prescription medications. Unopened containers had to be confirmed and put under lock and key. Then there was the myriad of suture kits, respirators, aspirators, splint and cast kits, scalpels, forceps, gauze, tale, sponges, disinfectants, wipes and other consumable and/or reusable supplies.

Some stuff could be stored and used in the future. All packaging had to be inspected for sterility. When in doubt, destroy. Then destroy everything used or discarded.

The accounting and inventories were a necessary chore. The insurance companies, usually unwilling to pay claims without extensive investigation and complicated documentation, were uncomfortably aware of the public scrutiny. Adjusters and accountants had their own marching orders: quibble and look for a new job, make us look bad and look for a new job, act less than willing and helpful and look for a new job.

Someone at some level insured everyone. The school system, the auto company, the cannery, the University, the city or the county, Medicare, other employers’ family plans. The insurers were going to make damn sure bad publicity would not bite them in the ass later on.

The national publicity had another tremendous upside. The alphabet agencies had people on the ground almost immediately. Medical equipment manufacturers and drug companies rushed inspectors and replacements that same day. Paperwork was completed properly but red tape disappeared like magic.

Even expedited process takes time in a situation like they faced at the scene. The clock read 2:30 PM, Monday afternoon before the principal players could sign out and go home. The professors, to their own homes; the Singers, Levinsons and Nieukierks, likewise.

Claire sent the crash trucks back to Piedmont Children’s Hospital, Dennis sent his crews to their families. They stayed at Phil’s house to visit with their kids. At least the power was restored.

The models mobbed the showers upstairs while Dennis and Claire used the one in the playroom. Emily loaned Claire clean jeans and a shirt, while Phil did the same for Dennis.

By 3:30, they were resting in the living room, too tired to sleep.

“So, Mom, enjoying the visit so far?” Phil asked with a straight face.

“You have nice friends, but the neighborhood is a little busy for my taste.” She deadpanned, “Total devastation is not a good landscaping choice.”

“Your Southside Urban Renewal Plan could have been tuned a little.” Dennis suggested. “Maybe the ‘all or nothing’ part was overlooked in the fine print.”

“How do you do it? How can you act so normal after the last 48 hours?” Marcie asked with exasperation.

“It is what it is, dear. We cannot change one detail. But we can remember. Yes, people died, some through criminal negligence, others before we arrived. But we have to find a way to move on.” Claire explained. “Dwelling on the tragedy is not healthy. I won’t forget, but I’ll be better prepared in the future.”

Dennis added, “There will be a new cannery built. It will be modern, safer and more efficient; the assembly plant will take a lesson in construction practices. The school will be better and the hospital will be redesigned. Shelters will be built. Services will be decentralized and more mobile. The learning curve was steep, but the lives lost hammered the lessons home.”

“We aren’t discounting the sacrifices and losses by any means. But we have to look forward. We can neither allow ourselves to stagnate in misery nor bask in glory Then again, when someone approaches and wants to shake your hand in thanks, let them. If you say ‘It was nothing. Anyone would have done the same.’ you devalue what you did for them. It will be as if their child or dad or sister was not important enough for you to care. Don’t brag, but let them know they were worth it.” Phil added. “We did what we did because they are important. Find some way to say that.”

“Take a little time in the coming days to write down your thoughts and impressions. Tell the story in your words; recall what you did and why you did it. Who did you work beside, what did they do, what more could have been done if you were better equipped or trained? Were you on autopilot or did you think through every decision? Who did you turn to for help or advice?” Claire said seriously. “Not for personal aggrandizement, but to sort your own emotions, to come to terms with the things you can’t unsee. In addition, it will be a valuable historical resource for the town and will help future emergency responders to know what to expect. Not necessarily a training manual, but a voice of experience lending advice.”

“A book can tell a rescuer how to move a victim, how to treat for shock. You can tell them how to do it with gentle compassion. You can tell them how to temporarily harden their hearts, how to choke back the tears and keep going through the pain and weariness. How important it is to save the breakdown until later, when the danger is past.” Dennis whispered. “I’ve had to do that in plague zones way too often. But if I’m not calm and thinking clearly, I cannot help even myself.”

“I kinda know that but it is sobering to hear the pros say it, too.” Nancy admitted. “We did some high-grade work today and I am proud of my housemates. I’m pretty sure that in the final tally, the good will out-weigh the bad by a big margin.”

“Folks, I’m out of steam. A few cat naps in 48 hours is not enough. I have to sleep. Mom and Dad, every sofa is a day bed. The recliners flatten all the way out. Linens are where they are supposed to be. I know it’s not even sundown, but I don’t care. See you Tuesday sometime. If something happens I have to deal with, wake me if you can. Bye.”

He went to his room, stripped to his boxers and fell asleep at once. If he dreamed, the dreams were forgotten.

The morning girl pile consisted of Nancy, Joanne, Emily and Zina when he awakened around 8:00 AM Tuesday. They did not stir as Phil did his bathroom/shower routine, dressed and went down to make gallons of coffee.

On the way, Phil made a pass through the other bedrooms. Girls were scattered everywhere, clothed, naked, covered, uncovered and dead to the world, his Mom among them, wearing a borrowed T-shirt and boxers (his).

Claire opened an eye, smiled, and returned to the land of the comatose.

Phil found his Dad in the kitchen, nursing a cup of black, strong coffee. He poured a large mug, settled across the table and blew the steam away, wishing it would cool faster. They sat in companionable silence, sipping the dark nectar.

“Sleep well?”

“Was asleep. Don’t remember. You?”

“Fifteen hours maybe. Might be enough. Stay up late?”

“Maybe an hour after you crashed. Slept on couch downstairs. Don’t know about the girls.”

“Mom’s upstairs. Girls sprawled everywhere. Want breakfast?”

“Bagel. Cream cheese. Got Nova?”

“Yeah. Toasted?”

“Sure.”

A few minutes passed before they were again seated and nibbling the bagels. “Get many calls?”

“Don’t get me started. Seemed like hundreds. Mostly for comments and information. Some looking for trouble like the ones wanting us to be critical of the local response. Some in praise of what we did. Every news outlet from Manteo to Maui, from Miami to Monterrey. Claire recorded a new message. ‘A press release will be issued when we get the chance. The press conference will be announced in the release. We know you want to tell the public what you want them to know. We also know we have the right to privacy and don’t have to say another word. Your ‘nosy’ does not trump our ‘get out of my face’. At the beep, politely ask your question and it may be answered in the press release if we want to.’ She turned off the ringers.” Dennis laughed. “Tactful as ever.”

“Catch any TV reports?”

“Willy and SuLing DVR-ed the news. No one watched as far as I know.”

“Real life intrudes. I need to call the Chancellor’s Office and see about the exam schedules for some of the girls. Major classes are mostly handled already. Electives are another issue. Probably missed some Monday. Maybe the professors will allow make-ups. Hell or high water, school has rules. We’re still students.”

“Don’t ask for favors, but just this once, if they offer to waive the final and let the semester average be the end grade, maybe you all should accept if the grades are good enough.”

“We’re OK. I’m worried about the others. The athletes and ROTCs have tons of rules and regulations. The Army guidelines are tough. But the NCAA is worse. Sports are pretty clean around here and I’m sure the Coach would like to keep it that way.” Phil asked. “Do we know anyone in Indianapolis who can fast track some rule interpretations?”

“Maybe, but talk to the Coach and AD first. May not be necessary. Offer to tutor if they need it.”

The house began to come alive as girls drifted through the kitchen in singles and pairs. Surprisingly, they were dressed for class already. “You all should call in or go online and get the exam schedules. I’m checking in with the Chancellor’s Office for late breaking news, then with the football coach to see if NCAA rules were stretched if the players missed anything.”

“Bet you a nickel every exam was delayed or waived since the campus was dark most of the day.” Marcie said. “But there are always some hardcases among the instructors who think their exams are more important than proper lighting or natural disasters.”

The answering machine informed callers that the office would be closed until Wednesday morning and that all inquiries should be directed to the appropriate departments. “The exam schedule will resume Wednesday morning. Tests missed Monday and Tuesday are rescheduled for the weekend, no exceptions. Papers and theses are due as previously planned.”

“That answers all of my questions!” Phil laughed. “No NCAA problems, no make-ups, no late penalties. Life is getting better.”

“Or not getting worse. We still have to face the press and public. We promised.” Claire mumbled, going for the coffee.

“Promised what? I don’t remember any promises. I made my statement Sunday night. That’s all I have to say.” Phil stared at his Mom. “Have you been making things up, putting words in my mouth while I was asleep?”

“Listen to your answering machine. I had to say something.” Claire complained.

“Just because the technology exists, doesn’t obligate me to respond to everyone who wants to call when it’s convenient for them and demand an answer. I don’t have to call back and waste my time. Let them call when it’s convenient for me and I may or may not talk.” Phil said rather hotly. “I’m inclined to feel like my involvement is over. There is nothing more to say to the curious, nor to the people selling thrills and scandal.”

“Hate to say it, Claire, but our son is right. I suggest you write the press release you promised and let the kids go on being students.”

“That said, maybe we’ll be real nice and say a few words to the press on the Art Department steps later, but I want the football team, ROTC, all the business people and rescue staff, plus the University faculty and students there, also. This was a team effort.” Phil insisted. “The press can talk to them, too. If you can arrange that, I’ll tolerate a photo-op just this once.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.