Castaway: Von's Haven
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2014 by Feral Lady

Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Von finds himself dropped into a medieval world alone. A head injury steals his memory and the meager supply from an escape pod won't take him far. He must find civilization and survive until rescued. His training has not prepared him for what is coming. Yet, the A.I. survived in the crippled ship in orbit and it's working to keep him alive.

Caution: This Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Black Female   White Male   Hispanic Female   Pregnancy   Slow   Sci-Fi time travel story, Man Travels Back in Time sex story, Man Travels in time to a medieval world sex story

Before we left the ship Tharin brought a wash bucket into my cabin. I washed my upper body and Swarta chatted excitedly about what she could see. Amazing carts carrying loads of flour sacks, a fishmonger wagon, a corner shop with glazed windows. Tharin was just as excited and had his face to the open window too.

A knock to the door and Hajin and Grimm strode into the room. "We have trouble and Lady Derwen is delaying it," Hajin commented neutrally and Tharin drew his sword.

Swarta inquired, "Do we arm ourselves Hajin?"

Grimm chipped in a comment, "Not at the moment and you should sheath that sword Tharin."

I put on my black station shirt and looked at Hajin, asking, "In just a few words explain the nature of our trouble please." He looked defeated. "Not a good sign, " I thought.

Hajin explained, "Lady Derwen made many inquiries concerning Moon Mother's birth a few weeks ago. She was very excited and openly consulted with other mystics and cloistered sages respected for legend and lore. The Lady mentioned to her favorite niece she found Moon Mother's child, a boy yet to enter manhood. He had the maturity and bearing of the best of men, being pale-white like Moon Mother. The only pale-white person known in the world. The young man agreed to visit Convey with Derwen." He gave me a moment to think.

He continued, "Our chief problem is Derwen's niece who told her mother who is married to the Lord of the Port, Lord of the Fleet, Protector of Convey, Veen Atum. This happens to be Lady Derwen's personal ship, The Lady of Truth." I nodded seeing the potential power struggle over my person. The question was how to circumvent a confrontation that put us in danger.

"That is helpful context, Hajin." I said, but I was beginning to feel out of my depth.

Hajin paused and scowled, saying, "The Moon Child is summoned to the Port Lord's Keep for an interview alone."

Grimm wrinkled her forehead, clearly waiting for my response and Tharin said, "He will not travel without his sworn armsman!"

Swarta simply grabbed my arm unsure of what was happening. "Well that is easy, I am not the moon child. Problem solved," I chuckled.

Grimm pointed out, "But you are the only pale-white skinned man ever seen and present on this ship."

I rolled my eyes and said, "No chance you could sail me home and not mention my presence?" Hajin grunted, not finding humor in my comment. Then it occurred to me to ask, "What is Lady Derwen's advice on the matter?"

Hajin responded, "She advises you go and leave your magical gear in the hands of Tharin and Swarta. We will take them to our estate for protection. I am to raise my training company and will move them to the estate."

I shrugged and kissed Swarta softly on the forehead. "Tharin your life is mine, you will heed my words. You will guard Lady Solon with your life until my return. The two of you will take charge of my gear and try to keep it secret. None of it is worth your life. Am I clear?" I commanded. Tharin nodded in frustration.

"Grimm, as a personal favor to me will you be Lady Solon's companion whilst the ship is in port?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, Lord Solon I will accompany her and act as her personal attendant," Grimm answered.

I gathered myself to leave and kissed my love, saying to Swarta, "Do not draw attention to yourself. Stay close to Grimm rather than Lady Derwen lest she be watched closely." I decided on keeping the clan blade strapped to my leg, as it provided me with limited protection. The blade's real power was in the nanos which only activated with my personal touch. Also, my black station clothes would stay on for dramatic effect. "Well let's play visiting nobility, " I thought.

On the dock Lady Derwen was holding up a troop of fine looking ebony men in full chain mail. The warriors stood a head taller than me, probably double my weight. They were serious looking men with an air of authority. "Lord Veen Atum's men I take it?" I said to Hajin.

He nodded as we continued to approach the knot of men and onlookers. Hajin played with his mustache while I continue to quietly fire off quick questions about my rights and suitable responses. He briefed me the best he could during the short walk to the end of the wharf and the inevitable meeting with the lord's men. Remarkably, I felt at ease with my companion. It helped I had a nanoblade within easy reach. I noticed a pointed square iron nail under my foot and slipped it into my ankle high foot gear.

"I survived the Great Marsh. I lived through some disaster that put the pod on this world, I can get through this too, " I thought and I resisted the temptation to play wizard when I stepped next to Lady Derwen. The crowd seemed busier at my arrival, perhaps more anxious, to avoid any confrontation with the port guard. The physical appearance of my heritage obviously caused some fear to these people, the oddity and the difference making them uneasy.

A few mounted horsemen were keeping the more adventurous members of the crowd back a short distance and I noticed some seasoned archers beyond the crowd trying to blend in unnoticed in the busy street. An ugly faced man with an icy stare shifted his bulk my way. A big man, much bigger than Hajin, moved with confidence towards me. An ebony giant with an angry scowl looked down on me, chain mail armor covered the monster head to foot. An expensive and long sword sheathed at his side with a fancy gold gilded cross guard and pommel. The size of the hilt proof it was two-handed use. "This guy could cleave me with one mighty blow, " I thought.

With an angry scowl on his face the monster twisted and said to Lady Derwen in their Convey language, "I have what we were sent to collect." His men laughing as he laid his hand on my shoulder in a painful grasp.

In that moment I suddenly thought, "I am not putting up with this no matter the consequences." My left hand grabbed the offending limb and pinched the soft pressure point between his thumb and large finger, twisting him to his knees beside me. Locking the arm in place with my other hand, I said to Lady Derwen in the marsh people's language, "Who is this beast laying hands on Lord Von Solon of Juniper Hill?"

I did a good job of avoiding the tension in my stomach, and looked at Lady Derwen's surprised face.

"Don't be surprised, Milady. You know what happened to the last dozen men that attempted to harm me," I said dramatically.

I wasn't sure these men spoke Amarian, I briefly wondered how widely Hajin's people mixed in this society. I pointedly did not look at the man on his knees, who was running through some wicked threats to my person. The monster's men spreading out around me, some drawing unfriendly looking weapons.

I applied pressure to his locked wrist joint pointedly asking Derwen, "Should I let him go with just a broken wrist?" Switching severe pressure to his shoulder I asked, "Or should I break his shoulder?"

Lady Derwen quickly collected her thoughts and said, "This is the Captain of the Port Guard, my oldest nephew Roch. It would probably be best if you let him go unharmed."

I shrugged, and said, "Lady Derwen your friendship is so very dear to me but your family seems rude. I will do as I like in a matter of honor."

A few of his men pushed closer, so I ground his shoulder full of pain, saying, "One more step and he permanently loses the use of his sword arm." I looked around with an angry scowl at his men and they all took a step back.

With gritted teeth, he finally switched to Amarian saying, "Let go of me in the name of Lord Veen Atum or see harm come to your party." Political expediency was coming into play and I had to make a move before the monster's ego overrode his insect brain's common sense.

"I am a party of one. A mere boy traveling with a recently acquainted woman friend, sadly attacked on the pier with no family to look to for guidance," I said loudly to the full crowd. "What are your orders regarding my person, sir," I asked politely. "Am I to come to some harm or is it some interview perhaps?"

Gasping with pain, he said, "You are summoned to dine with Lord Vaan Atum."

I let him go, stepping back, with hands in the air. "A rather rude dinner invitation if I do say so, I will have words with your master. Lead Lady Derwen and me to him," I commanded.

He gestured to his men to put away their swords and I was careful to not make a move.

The monster was eager to get away from the crowd and his embarrassment and overlooking Lady Derwen's attendance, the guard commander ordered his men to form up. Derwen whispered to Hajin to attend to the ship's cargo and send two men with a buck cart to wait for us at Lord Atum's keep.

I gracefully took Derwen's arm asking, "May I, Milady?" and the monster's sergeant asked us to join the middle of the column of men. The guard commander led the column, angrily pushing people in the crowd aside and the guards marching at our side seemed focused on looking anywhere but at me.

Lady Derwen whispered, "My nephew is quick to anger and he will not forget your slight."

I thought, "This monster is going to be a problem and yet, I have no plan other than to project the image of a young gentleman." I kissed her on the cheek and said, "Let us do our best to get through dinner and then leave promptly for your estate. And I'd rather you make arrangements for us to leave Convey via a different route. Let's just hope your nephew is not impolite to me again."

The monster's imposing appearance stopped side street traffic, horse carts of goods and peasants carrying bundles waited impatiently on the rutted dirt roads. The city smell seemed to change at every street corner. On some streets the assaulting smells of rubbish, animals and odd cooking hit our noses. Other streets provided pleasant smells and lute music. Our guard column stayed on the main cobble stone streets, taking us higher up the cliff to an imposing stone tower.

We could see distant guards walking around the top of the battlement. People were openly staring at me with fear or fascination as they looked upon the column of soldiers. Women in fur trimmed light cloaks and simple dresses, some without shoes, were the fashion of the common female folk. The merchant class wore noticeably better cloaks with a short sword; money pursues often dangling visibly on their belt. We saw dirty linen on stable boys, street workmen in rough, wool clothes, and leather covered tradesmen, all mixed among the passing crowds pointing at me.

"I feel like an animal on a chain for display," I said to Lady Derwen.

I tried to blink away the sting in my eyes when we passed a carefully controlled fire burning a tree stump. Lady Derwen coughed and said, "I normally take a buck cart to the keep, it is a long walk in this armor." Up an even steeper hill, Roch led our escort past the guardhouse and under the open portcullis, through the gate. My heart beat faster knowing we were now totally isolated from help. Derwen gently squeezed my arm to offer encouragement.

Ahead, the white stone keep towered over us. This solitary structure dominated the view of the port city. Other smaller, white, stone buildings nestled against the tall, protective wall surrounding the keep and a broad, open area within the small castle offered a clear view for the defenders of the keep. A small wooden gate-house, big enough for only four men to stand out of the weather, was the final set of guards before the keep's short drawbridge.

We waited a moment to enter, as the echoes of hoofs announced a galloping white horse emerging from the tower. The ebony stranger looked in disbelief at me and pushed across the bridge quickly and out the main gate.

Lady Derwen whispered, "A dispatch rider."

Roch directed the party to follow him into the keep, the bastion of Lord Atum's power. I gripped Derwen's gentle hold a bit harder as we crossed the thick timber bridge.

Inside the keep a small courtyard received only a portion of the sun's light, with deep shadows cast within the enclosure. An open oak door to our right might have been a kitchen, where we saw a few serving women carrying small bags of flour through the door, from a one horse cart. Most of the soldiers stopped in the courtyard as Roch led us ahead through a double wide set of oak doors, four armored men following behind. Twisting my head I could see the rest of the men entering a guard room off to one side of the courtyard. A pair of young squires stood just within the entry to the dark building, each wearing a yellow cloak with a star on the shoulder.

Lady Derwen just said, "Door messengers." Roch swung right into a large room, most certainly a banquet hall and he angled us to a stairway on the near wall. A few little girls with white scarves in their hair were wiping and cleaning trestle benches and a couple of old men rearranged chairs at one end of the hall.

We pressed on up a tight and steep stairway, which could only hold two people abreast, and Roch led us beyond the first set of small, dark oak doors and stopped. The monster said, "You will wait in this room while I report to Lord Atum. Guards remain here."

He took the stairs two at a time pushing up higher into the tower as Derwen and I entered the open room. We could hear an uneasy conversation among the four guards at the door and I pondered what the monster was saying to his master. The sergeant of the guard, watching from the doorway, cast me a knowing look. Lady Derwen looked out the narrow window in the wall, the only light source in the tiny room with not a chair or bench to rest upon. The walls were bare and not an item cluttered the room.

Derwen read my unease and said, "This is a holding room used for out of favor visitors. It is not the regular waiting room."

I moved over to where she stood and whispered to her, "That is most certainly my fault." Derwen just snorted as we heard heavy chain mail rattling as someone came down the stone stairs.

Roch's hand rested on the hilt of his sword, making minor nervous adjustments to the sheath. The monster had a touch of sweat on his forehead as he looked at us from the doorway and said, "Come, he is waiting for you."

My monster slowly climbed the stairs leading to Lord Atum's chamber whilst the other guards remained behind leaning against the walls. The stair-way twisted tighter as we found a single door at the top. Roch stopped, knocked once and without waiting entered the room and we followed him inside.

Inside the Lord of the Port stood waiting for us. He was taller than most of the men I'd seen in Convey but much shorter than Roch. Atum, with his broad shoulders, handsome face, and mid-length black hair peppered with white, looked the part of a leader of men.

A broach held his light yellow cape together to keep the damp from the castle walls out. Long fine wool breeches and low, polished black boots marked him as wealthy. My link with Derwen provided a little insight into her true emotions when we stood so close. She hid a bit of concern.

Atum stepped forward and said, "Welcome to my study. It is a simple place where I can think clearly Being able to look out over the port, reminds of my responsibilities." Atum sighed, dipped his head to the side and smoothed his greasy hair back from his face. His eyes clearly contemplating me as I wished that I understood the political undercurrents moving around my presence in Convey. Lord Atum moved his feet apart as he acknowledged us, his weathered hands on his hips.

I raised an eyebrow and yet remained silent. "Your move first, Milord. You summoned me, " I thought.

Lady Derwen broke the moment of silence, "Vaan, what is this about? Why the dramatic summons and armed escort from the ship?"

Atum responded, "Strange stories wafting like bad bedtime tales of a white wizard began in earnest two weeks ago in the port drinking houses. At the same time, my wife relayed your discovery of a pale-white boy and your planned return with him."

"Time to keep them off balance and see how deep my troubles are with this man, " I thought.

I stepped to one side to keep both Atum and Roch in my sight. "Has Roch expressed to you the nature of my understated disapproval? The assault on my person has not been forgiven," I stated neutrally, "Your methods of invitation were neither friendly nor welcome."

Roch made a derisive snort, but Atum stood steady before me and tipped his head to Roch. "Commander, do you happen to owe my guest an apology?" Lord Atum inquired.

Roch's lips puckered and he blinked rapidly, "Yes, My Lord. I ah, placed my hands on the boy to bring him."

I didn't trust either of them, this felt staged, a piece of a bigger plan. Lord Atum continued, "We both apologize for any unintended slight or perceived threat to your honor."

I felt Derwen's eyes on me requesting a favorable response. "Very well, Lord Atum. My name is Lord Von Solon and I am a guest of Lady Derwen for a short visit to meet her family and friends." Derwen remained strangely quiet.

"You're dismissed Roch," Lord Atum said, with a wave of his hand.

Roch slightly bowed to all of us and closed the door behind him. My mind told me some sort of negotiation was about to happen. He played with his hair again, and said, "Please forgive Roch. He is aggressive at times, which is good for a guard commander. I hope you take no offense and look past your greeting with my man, looking instead at my true invitation for dinner with my family, Lady Derwen's family."

I wondered if the monster were some test of how to deal with me. My very soul felt troubled and I felt like some new tool to be used in implementing an unseen political plan. It was like being in the Great Marsh, the ground always shifting, mud sucking me down, being gripped by an outside force. I did not like it. "I need more hints, more facts. I need Derwen to guide me here, " I inwardly groaned at my upcoming action.

"I accept your invitation. With Derwen at my side to lead me, I am sure we both will have an enjoyable meal," I said dripping with pleasantry.

He eyed me and grinned, "I am sure you two will want to refresh yourselves from your open water journey. At the bottom of the stairs the head housekeeper will attend you."

The corners of Lady Derwen's mouth turned up before she said, "Always the gentleman. Follow me Lord Solon." I am sure this mature woman understood I was telling her to guide me through this battlefield.

Neither Roch nor his men attended us as they had obviously disappeared about their duties within the keep. Positioned at the bottom of the stairs two different guards stood at ease, neither had armor, only armed with ceremonial silver short pikes. An elderly short ebony woman introduced herself as the housekeeper and walked us to two adjoining guest rooms, just beyond the banquet hall's back door. My room contained two young women who explained the housekeeper had assigned them to care for me during my stay. The room had a large bed with plenty enough space for two, or cozy for three; it sat rather high off the floor, with rich textiles and pillows. A mixed basket of flowers and a small silver bowl with apples added a welcoming warmth to the setting. An unused fireplace with a small pile of logs was against the wall and the door leading to Derwen's room. I told the women what I really wanted was a hot bath, a cup of tea and a bit of bread to keep me going until dinner. Both women took care of those needs and I nodded off whilst in the warm bath, exhausted from the tense day.

I woke up in cold water as both maidservants came back in to the room with large towels, a rich-looking robe and a glass container with oil. They boldly moved to the tin tub and I shrank into the soap scum water.

"My Lord, it is time for your oiling," the shortest young woman said.

I just stared at them, my eyes darting between them. The other ebony women, a bit plump and heavy breasted, said, "We just finished with Lady Derwen's bath and we regret the delay in attending you."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.