The Sisterhood
Chapter 23

Copyright© 2014 by Thaumaturge

Historical Sci-fi Sex Story: Chapter 23 - A great secret and vast power has been passed down through time from woman to woman -unknown to man- since the ancient days of the gods. The last guardian was Sappho of Lesbos. Then it lay dormant for nearly two millenia... where my story begins. A long but hopefully most enjoyable story.

Caution: This Historical Sci-fi Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Mult   Consensual   Mind Control   Magic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Historical   Paranormal   FemaleDom   Polygamy/Polyamory   Sex Toys   Nudism  

It was a day celebrated in loving by the Sisterhood on both continents. All the Sisterhood on the European continent were now in residence within the high wall of the University. The gates stood locked and impassable to all others. Back in the States, the remainder of the Sisterhood were similarly sequestered on Jane's estate. The professors baffled in both locations, but complacent.

All of the Sisterhood had informed the other University they would be absent until further notice. The remaining classes seemed drab and lifeless compared to the lively debate that they normally entertained. In Tutorville, everyone was puzzled. The two local newspapers were shut down until further notice. All the shops and stores surrounding the University that had been run by members of the Sisterhood stood closed.

There were no classes at all at Rowe University. But the grounds were festive with parties and loving. There was little alcohol and no other drugs at all consumed ... except for coffee in the morning. The classrooms had been called into service as dorms for those who resided in the outside community.

The only work performed at all, was by selected volunteers of the Sisterhood who stood watch over the University's nuclear power reactor, and those watching over current patients in the hospital. All were relieved after short four hour shifts.

Ron and Steven took a walk in the early evening along the campus paths. They continually turned down invitations from beautiful women of the upper orders as they strolled along.

"Certainly isn't bad for the old ego." Steve mused.

"Yeah, I live with it almost continually." Ron replied.

"Surely you have not become jaded to it?" Steve asked.

"No. Actually, I accept quite a few. As talented and enthusiastic as they are, who could turn them down. But I'm only me. I was quite pleased when they introduced the tutors." Ron replied.

"Yes, I heard about them." Steve chuckled.

"What did they expect from hundreds of young, single women who've been trained at love better than the most skilled courtesans, who can't get pregnant, catch anything and are not deterred by society's morays or moral questions?" Ron asked, "I'm surprised any of them ever get out of bed."

"You have a point." Steve chuckled.

"And what do you think of all this? You're married to Judy now." Ron said.

"Judy and I share a special relationship. Not far unlike yours and Susan's. At this moment she's off in one of the rooms here somewhere celebrating with the rest of them. The thing that our marriage represents the most, is that we will always have each other, no matter who else comes and goes. But the fact is that it would feel like cheating to me to bed a woman outside of the Sisterhood. For one thing, I'm not immune to those outside nasty bugs, and there are some very nasty ones out there." Steve said.

"So I hear. I'm quite pleased that I've missed the AIDS epidemic. But I hear that's turning. Cindy developed the new drugs right here that stopped it cold. They don't cure it totally, but they stop it from growing or spreading." Ron said.

"Yes, she's done some remarkable work. I think she's close to curing cancer." Steve said.

"I hope so. She's sure put her heart into it. I know she'd rather be back sharing a bed with Gale, but she works here because of the better equipment and full control of her research she wouldn't have back in the States." Ron said.

"That reminds me, I brought Cindy a little present, in reference to that. Two cubes she can download herself into. I'll take them back with me and Gale can download into both of them too. Then I'll ship one back for Cindy. I haven't had a chance to talk to her alone since I got here." Steve said.

"Well, here's your chance. I think that's her with Jill in that doorway up ahead." Ron said.

They walked up along the path Jill and Cindy smiled at them. Behind them were Juanita and Anne.

"Hey sailor, up for a good time? It's been a while." Jill asked.

Ron looked to Steve.

"I think this is one of the invitations I'm going to accept." he said.

"What, just one of you?" Cindy asked, pushing her lower lip out.

"I think, that I shall too." Steve said, chuckling.

"You'll be gentle with us, right?" Ron asked.

"Oh, we make no such promise, but you will enjoy yourselves." Jill chuckled.

"You may need some of those tricks of yours, Susan, Jane and Barbara just had their fill of us." Steve said.

"I think we can handle that okay." Cindy chuckled, drawing Steve inside by the arm.

"I brought you a couple of little glass presents, back in my quarters if I ever get back to them alive." Steve said.

"Outstanding!" Cindy replied.

Two-thousand women crowded into the Temple of Aphrodite. All nude. Back in the sister temple on Jane's estate a similar number gathered, also nude in reverence for the occasion. The two temples were linked by a matched pair of crystals. The only person capable of intercepting the transmission, was in the temple at Rowe University. Video views of all angles from the first temple were relayed to the other one, displayed upon large flat window displays that lined the walls of each temple. From the outside they looked like perfect mirrors.

It was the night of the second day after Susan had set the rod. That event had been transmitted to both temples to those who couldn't fit into the basement chamber. Back in the States it was early afternoon. But all were in attendance. They searched the monitors for signs of women they had become aquatinted with on their pilgrimages back for the rod. A tradition that was coming to an end, but would be replaced in the future by pilgrimages from both locations for a session with the other rod.

Gale spotted Cindy and her heart leapt. She was tempted to wave, as many of the other, younger women were.

Fact was that the waves were acknowledged in many cases as two displays at the temple in Austria showed views of the temple on Jane's estate.

Cindy spotted Gale and waved to her. Gale found herself waving back enthusiastically.

Then Jane stepped out onto the raised dais. Both temples suddenly fell silent and somber.

"My fellow Sisters. It is a long journey that we have taken since I first took the original Rod of Sappho into my body. At times I did not believe myself that we would be this strong. And strong we are. We are now over four-thousand in number and more are added to our strength almost daily.

"Each of you -but two- wears a crystal amulet upon your neck. Each of these crystals are capable of holding and passing the power of the eleventh order of Damoplyla. A remarkable feat in itself. You each hold a power upon your breast that is second only unto the rods. For there are now two. The Rod of Sappho was reborn through the efforts of one of the two men in attendance at this event, our brother Steven Proctor. The Rod of Aphrodite was born through the efforts of the other one, our brother Ronald Scott, and our fair sister Barbara Childs. They worked together these many long years and were joined once again with the brilliance of Steven to accomplish it's birth.

"A mighty birth it was. It sucked every erg of energy from our nuclear reactor as suckle for it's first meal. Now it feeds gently upon starlight. As does the Rod of Sappho. As do the other wonders that have occurred as a result of the quest for both rods.

"I speak to you tonight over two continents.

"Faster than a wave of light my voice travels to you on the other continent. This is the technology that the quest for the rods has produced. The screens you watch my image upon. The amulets around your necks. The cubes that allow the sharing of minds. The crystals that supply unending power unto the ends of the universe. This is the technology that the quest for the rods has produced.

"These works stand not alone in the accomplishments of the Sisterhood. We have stopped the AIDS virus in it's tracks. We have seen those upon their death beds return to vibrant life among their children. We have built this mighty University upon the scars of a land once wasted. I expect that one day soon one of our fair sisters -Cindy Townsend- will wipe the plague of cancer from the face of the earth. She has certainly put her heart into the quest. She has not been alone in her vigil.

"These accomplishments are but a beginning.

"Each and every one of you has accepted the passion of learning into your hearts. Each of you has given your whole being to the cause of the growth of the power of love upon the face of the earth.

"All but two of you who have accepted the sixth order of Gonglya or higher have pledged your very maidenhead's to that cause. At this point that is fully half of you.

"To the others I say; the choice is still yours. For it must be chosen freely, with full knowledge of the meaning of that choice for the rods to know that your hearts are pure and resolved. The rods will not accept an impure heart. They cannot. For the cause is too important to be sidetracked by petty bickering or avarice.

"Tonight we are gathered together to witness a great and wondrous event. For the High Priestess position must be divided. No longer shall I be the only High Priestess upon the face of the earth. The honor of that other position is to be given to our fair sister, Susan Rowe, whom this University was named after.

"Susan became my pupil at the young age of sixteen. She has given her heart openly and freely to the cause these past sixteen years. It is but twenty-one years since I first took the Rod of Sappho into my body the first time. Yet we are now over four-thousand strong and control technology that is unknown elsewhere upon this earth.

"In the coming years we will introduce that technology along with the Sisterhood to all corners of the globe and beyond. For in that technology are the seeds of knowledge that shall lead us to the stars. You, my fair sisters shall perform that introduction.

"In testimony of the worthiness of Susan Rowe into the position of High Priestess of the power of Aphrodite, I give you those who have listened to her words and felt her touch. For she visited us upon Susan's induction to the order of Damoplyla.

"Would those who have heard Aphrodite's words and felt her love please stand? I among them." Jane said, motioning

"The remainder of the thirty, and Steve and Judy stood.

"I read to you the words of Aphrodite upon that night." Jane said, reading from the transcript.

"Susan, thou art the purest heart that has known the rod.

"It is known to you as the Rod of Sappho, for my devoted spirit who was lost to her world, but it was cast in the aeons preceding her. For it was forged by my hand -Aphrodite, goddess of love-, using the light of mine eye bound within the gold of my hair... " she began.

After concluding she asked: "Who will attest to the accuracy of these words and that they know in their hearts that it was not a contrivance?"

Cindy stepped forward.

"I will attest to this. I heard the words with my own ears. It was not a contrivance. The voice was sweet as a mountain stream. My heart felt the touch of her love. I solemnly swear by all that is holy and pure to me that this is true." she said, then stepped back

Judy and Steve stepped forward.

"Mine was the spirit that was broken that was made whole. I attest that it was the power of Aphrodite who did this. I alone among men today have felt her touch." Steve said.

"Mine was the other heart that was made whole. Together our days have been sweet and whole. I too have felt the touch of Aphrodite upon my heart." Judy said.

They stepped back.

One by one the remainder of the thirty stepped forward to give their testimony. All but Susan who was sequestered in the back and feeling like the most nervous bride on the planet.

"I too attest to the truth of these words." Jane said, "We have heard from all but our fair sister Susan, as this testimony was mostly to her worthiness for the position of High Priestess of the power of Aphrodite, she has excluded herself.

"Now I call upon her: Susan Celia Rowe. The Rods of Sappho and Aphrodite call upon you for conference of the most high twelfth order of Aphrodite of the Sisterhood of the power of Aphrodite. Do you accept the call?" she asked, solemnly.

Susan was quivering on her legs, hardly able to move or speak. She feared stepping forward. She feared her own worthiness.

Suddenly she felt a gentle touch in her heart and she was calm. She stepped forward like a goddess to the rear of the congregation.

"I accept the call." she called back, solemnly.

"Then step forth and present yourself to begin the order of Aphrodite." Jane said

Susan Celia Rowe stepped forward like a goddess to accept her destiny. Her heart was calm. All were surprised to see her eyes were now dry. She stepped slowly and gracefully forward with her head held high and her shoulders square. She looked angelic. Hers were the only dry eyes in the two temples.

Susan continued and mounted the steps of the dais. Jane took her hand. She leaned and softly kissed Susan on the lips. It was like an electric shock passed through Jane's body.

Jane guided Susan to one of the two cabinets now on either side of the dais. As she approached the door swung open on it's own. The Rod of Sappho shown with the brilliance of a miniature sun, but sapphire blue in color.

"Take the Rod of Sappho in your hands. That it may confirm your acceptance." Jane commanded.

Susan showed no shakiness as she reached up for the rod. She was calm and pure of heart. Her resolve like that of granite. She tenderly removed the rod and it shone like blue fire, illuminating her face and breasts. She held the rod before her by the glass at the base. Jane lay her hands over Susan's, touching the rod.

"The Rod of Sappho confirms your acceptance unto the twelfth order -that of Aphrodite- of the Sisterhood of the power of Aphrodite.

Step forth and let all the Sisterhood assembled lay hands upon the rod so that they may confirm thy joy." Jane instructed, removing her hands, she kissed Susan tenderly and then stepping back.

Susan stepped around the dais and let those assembled there touch her and the rod. Her face in angelic repose. First Jill stepped forward. As she touched the rod, she felt the same calming touch of love upon her heart. She leaned forward and softly kissed Susan. Then nodded and stepped back. One by one the others on the dais felt the same touch as they stepped forward. Everyone in the congregation knew that something else had happened, because as each person stepped back, their face wore an angelic peace. Their tears dried, their shakiness over the magnitude of the event calmed and controlled.

Susan stepped before Steven and he stepped forward and touched the rod. Again it happened. Then with Judy and finally with Ron.

Susan continued. She stepped down off the dais and stood at the front of the isle. The first row stood and one by one stepped forward to confirm the acceptance. One by one they stepped back in angelic repose. This followed by the second row and so on to the very back to those left standing. Each wore the angelic repose upon her face on her return. Nobody sat down.

Susan returned to the dais and replaced the Rod of Sappho in it's stand. She stepped back and the cabinet closed, for the moment. She stepped to the second cabinet and the door swung open. She reached in and took the Rod of Aphrodite from it's perch and started the whole procedure once more. Not a word was spoken. Nobody coughed or sneezed. It was solemn and silent. As she repeated the entire ritual.

In the other temple there were hushed whispers. It was obvious that the entire assembly at the other temple had experienced some heavenly touch.

Then, everyone who wore an amulet felt the same touch. The other temple fell as silent and calm as the first. Every amulet glowed in sapphire blue splendor that matched the rods in all but brilliance. The brilliance seemed to be determined by the level of the order of the bearers.

Jane and Susan wore no amulets, as neither did Ron or Steven.

Susan returned to the dais once more.

"Susan, all have felt the confirmation of the rods. All assembled in both temples have felt the touch of Aphrodite upon their hearts. Bear the Rod of Aphrodite into the chamber of thy induction. I shall bear the Rod of Sappho. Let them not touch lest the power be erased forever from the face of the earth along with this temple.

"To honor those men who have made the birth of these rods their life work. They may accompany us into the chamber that we may feel their support in their arms as we take the rods into our bodies. Let us be attended by our first loves. As thou art my first, let Anne attend me. I do not mean to slight my sister Judy, who first shared the rod with me. Aphrodite has given another place of honor unto her heart. She shall dwell with her in paradise. For she is the first who has given a daughter of her own flesh unto the Sisterhood. Ye both shall dwell with her in paradise.

"The rods shall remain within our wombs for a half night. Let the assembly witness the insertion and then dismiss until called forth for the exchange. Let each sanctify themselves before returning into the temples of Aphrodite." Jane concluded.

Jane stepped to the cabinet and it remained closed. She smiled and nodded for Susan to step into the chamber before her. Susan did so. Ron and Steve followed. The other cabinet swung open and Jane removed the Rod of Sappho. She stepped into the chamber and Jill and Anne followed.

Ron and Steve each stepped to the side of the bed and moved to the head. They crawled onto the bed and sat facing out the door at the congregation. Had they not been touched by the love of Aphrodite their spirits might have failed, for they faced some four-thousand women in their nudity. The chamber held cameras to broadcast the insertion to both temples.

Susan smiled at them and turned to Jill. She handed over custody of the Rod of Aphrodite to her keeping.

"Let not the rods touch. It would be a bad thing." Susan said.

Jill nodded.

Jane turned and gave the Rod of Sappho into Anne's keeping. Admonishing the same warning. Anne nodded in acceptance.

Susan and Jane moved together for a moment and held hands. They leaned together and shared a soft kiss. Then they moved to their respective sides of the bed and moved onto it. Ron and Steve taking them into their arms.

Jane nodded to the two rod bearers and they carefully approached the bed from either side. Holding the rods in the other hand from the ones they balanced with as they moved between Susan and Jane's drawn up legs.

"First most in honor of Timas my sweet Ionian lover from Phocaea who was taken from the world and my life at such a tender age" quoted Jill.

Susan nodded at her and she positioned the rod. It stood waiting.

Anne took her rod and place it against Jane's opening, repeating the incantation. The rods slid in together.

Both women raised their hips up in instant orgasm. They stayed lifted for almost a full minute. Suddenly their hearts were calm and they lowered their hips to the bed. A look of angelic bliss upon their faces.

Anne and Jill moved off the bed and both settled to the floor at the foot. They waited, holding hands.

The doors of the chamber swung shut and the screens went dark. The Sisterhood adjourned calmly and orderly.

Ron and Steve held the women in their arms. Ron had never known the degree of love that he felt for Susan at that moment. Steve was honored beyond words. The rods did not -as a rule- like men.

On two continents, over four-thousand women walked back to their quarters. There was no conversation. Most crawled up on their own beds and lay down, contemplating what had occurred. Most idly fingered their amulets, which still shown radiant sapphire blue. Those past the sixth level of Gonglya renewed their vows in their hearts. Those below found themselves affirming their choice to wait and give themselves unto the rod. They were all at peace with the choices they made.

When the time had almost expired, they found themselves called. It was a gentle touch upon their hearts that said: "Prepare yourselves and come forth into my temple."

Over four-thousand women bathed themselves. There was no delay over the water heaters, as Jane and Susan had seen fit to equip both places with instant on demand water heaters. However, the water purification facilities of both places were sorely taxed.

They reassembled in the temples.

The doors of the chamber opened and the displays came to life. Susan still lay in Ron's arms. Her fingers intertwined with his. Jane still lay in Steve's arms. His arms wrapped around her lovingly.

Jill and Anne now rose from their seats upon the floor. They stepped to the opposite sides of the bed, kissing softly as they passed.

Jane nodded and both her and Susan drew their legs up. Jill and Anne moved between their legs. They positioned their hands and the rods slid out together into their grasp. Glowing blue in their splendor.

"Let not the rods touch. Anne, step back until Jill passes." Jane said.

Anne nodded and stepped back several paces from the bed, then one more. Clutching the rod to her breast.

Jill took the Rod of Sappho and carefully stepped around the bed. She avoided Anne by many feet as she moved between Susan's drawn-up legs. Anne then moved around the bed and moved between Jane's.

Now Anne quoted: "In remembrance of Timas."

Jill repeated the incantation.

They both positioned the rods and they slipped easily in in unison. Once again the women raised their hips in orgasm. Once again it lasted almost a full minute. Susan's body seemed to take on a soft blue halo. Then they were calm and lowered first their hips, and then their legs to the bed.

"The rods shall remain in place for a half night. Rest ye now until you are called to witness their removal." Anne pronounced, as Jane appeared speechless.

Again the two women seated themselves at the foot of the bed. The doors swung shut and the displays darkened.

The congregation dismissed.

They returned in the morning, once again bathed.

The doors swung open and the two women seated at the foot of the bed arose once more. Jill moved to Susan and Anne to Jane once more. They positioned themselves and the rods slid out into their fingers. They each stepped back from where they were and waited.

Susan kissed Ron softly on the cheek and moved off the bed. She stepped around and accepted the Rod of Aphrodite from Anne. She stepped beside Anne and waited as Jane kissed Steve upon the cheek, then moved around and accepted the Rod of Sappho from Jill.

Jane stepped from the chamber and moved to the cabinet, placing the rod back into it's stand. Susan stepped out and replaced the Rod of Aphrodite into it's holder in it's cabinet. The doors swung shut.

Only then did Susan and Jane approach each other. They held hands for a moment and softly kissed. Then turned together to the congregation.

"The order of Timas has been renewed. Now we all rest for a day. We will return on the second night to begin the second order of Atthis. The men have shown their love and support. They are excused to continue their own pursuits. Should they choose, they are welcome back on the first night of each order. The last night of the twelfth order is not for the eyes of any man, no matter how pure his trust. For on that night the essence of the power shall be passed complete. Let there be joy in your hearts as we continue this vigil. We are dismissed." Jane said.

So it continued. for almost three months. A single day between each order. On the first night of each order both Ron and Steve chose to return. On the other nights, Cindy and Barbara took their place.

The second for Atthis from Lesbos.

The third to Anactoria of Miletis.

The fourth unto Mnasidika of my land of Lesbos.

The fifth unto Gyrinno of the Isle of Telos.

The sixth for Gongyla of Colophon.

The seventh unto Hero of Gyara.

The eighth is for Praxinoa of Lesbos.

The ninth order unto Euneika from the isle of Salamis.

The tenth unto Cydro of Lesbos.

The eleventh order unto Damoplyla, from Pamphylia.

The twelfth order for Aphrodite, goddess of love.

For three months there was little conversation among the Sisterhood. They went about washing the towels, their daytime clothing, bedding and preparing and eating meals. If they did any activity at all, it was exercise or study. There was a new fever of passion for learning growing in all the Sisterhood.

They greeted each other with smiles and understanding nods. At night, they seldom slept alone, but only held each other through the night. No one made love beyond a kiss.

There was another thing. The monthly menstrual cycles of all four-thousand women did not come. There was mild concern over this until it was learned that it was universal. Then it was a thing of wondrous pride that they all shared. This was no contrivance. No power on earth could universally abate the menstrual flows of over four-thousand women.

On the twelfth night of the twelfth order, there was an electric feeling in both temples. It pervaded the air like a heady scent of perfume. For now pheromones began to pump into the air from all women. The women felt drunk on it and full of desire.

"Women of the Sisterhood. On this final night you witness the birth of a new High Priestess unto your order. We have witnessed many wondrous and mysterious things this past three months. None of us has witnessed a discharge from our wombs. None of us has felt the desire of lust. Yet love has pervaded our daily lives.

"Let us gladden our hearts at this moment in witness of the power of Aphrodite, goddess of love. For it is her power that we preserve upon the face of the earth. It was she who hid the power up into the body of a woman. There it has dwelt from the beginning of the earth, save the time it was safely preserved unto the original rod of Sappho.

"Now there are two rods. After tonight the power shall be double. Cleaved and regrown like an amoebae. We are now over four-thousand strong. Let us go into the world as witness of that power. Take new loves upon you. Renew your love with past hearts. Let the Sisterhood grow forth until it reaches the very ends of the earth. For while we know not the final purpose of the power hidden unto our bodies, we have all felt the touch and heard the voice of Aphrodite in our hearts. We all know that it is true and pure.

"Let us give joyous thanks unto her power by spreading it over the face of the earth. Continue your studies with the renewed purpose that you feel in your hearts at this moment. When you have completed your studies, go forth into the world with love in your hearts and a smile upon your lips.

"I know not how long these signs we have been given shall last. One of them, I am certain only to the morning, as I feel the heat of desire now in my blood. I can see by your faces that you all feel this too. Let us hold our love until we are bidden to use it.

"Susan Celia Rowe, step forth if you accept your destiny. To do so now you accept the final installment of the power of the twelfth order of Aphrodite, goddess of love. You shall be mine sister on the earth and for all time. Step forth to become the next High Priestess of the Power of Aphrodite." Jane concluded.

Susan walked as in a dream down the isle. Her face full of repose. Her heart pure and calm in her breast. In her mind she remembered the first touch of Jane's hand upon hers. She remembered their first kiss and the first time they had made love. She remembered Ron holding her as the rod took her virginity. The session before when it had blacked out a third of a nation. She remembered all the women and men she had made love with. Jill, Cindy, Barbara, Anne, Gale and all the rest. Now hundreds of them. All had good hearts. All that she had made love to had given their hearts to the Sisterhood. Most had surrendered their virginity to the rod. She remembered her own anguished choice. She remembered Barbara's anguish over the choice. She remembered Cindy's vibrance that she had given to the cause of helping others. She remembered the final night of her induction into the eleventh order. How Aphrodite herself had talked to them all -then just thirty- and then shared the touch of her love with all. All these things flashed through her mind as she stepped down the isle and onto the dais.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.