Aging Well - Cover

Aging Well

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 29 [Jack writes]

The six of us were sitting out front in the driveway of my old condo. We had some folding chairs out. After ten minutes, Jennifer, who lived next to us, came out to talk. We explained what was happening and the time for the big event to occur. She told Sandy that she and her husband would be at the ceremony.

Sandy went inside and made some lemonade. I asked Becky to get some plastic drinking cups from my kitchen and we enjoyed the sun and good weather.

It was around four that my relatives began to show up. First were my parents being driven by Andy, the third, with his girl riding in the front with him. Close behind them were Andy, Junior, and his wife, Joyce. Not five minutes later, my brother, David, and his wife, Louise, drove up with their children.

I had told the restaurant to expect between twenty and twenty-five in our party. We were twenty-two! The meal was great and the company was even better. I followed one rule that I had never had before but had always been my dad’s. Sandy would always sit beside me. I hadn’t told Sandy but had just done it. Mom was beside her and whispered to her. Sandy nodded her head with tears in her eyes.

She leaned over very close to me and whispered in my ear. Mom says, “You’re learning. You keep me beside you rather than go for social seating. I love you, Jack.” She was going to kiss my cheek but I turned to face her and kissed her lips.

“I love you, too, Sandy. I’m marrying you tomorrow, you lovely lady.”

The meal was delightful. Everyone had found their rooms at the motel to be excellent and most had located the church on the way to the restaurant. We would fill it up for the service in the morning. We closed the restaurant that evening but I handled the bill and tipped generously.

We finally left for home. Sandy slid into the passenger seat and I closed her door and went to my side. I drove us home. I pulled into the garage, cut the motor, and lowered the garage door. “This is our last night of living in sin.”

Sandy laughed. “We had committed to each other and committed to a very early date. Since Monday, we have even had the license.

“Jack, I would feel guilty except for the strength of our commitment and the timing. I prayed about making love to you before that first time in the camper. I had known I loved you even before then. If I hadn’t felt at peace about our love and our loving, I would have kept the pillows separate. You would not have objected.”

“No, I was prepared to be patient and wait for us to be ready. I would have even slept with you without making love to you if that had been your preference.”

We were walking into the condo and then up the stairs as we talked. “I knew, Jack. I was and still do enjoy being with you even if we keep our clothes on. Right now, my studly man, take off your clothes and make love to your wanton woman.”

I removed my clothes and she matched me in quickly becoming naked. I began to kiss her naked body and telling her of my love. Our love making was glorious. We finally went to sleep in each other’s arms.

We woke in the morning. Sandy said, “Get up. This is our last run as an engaged couple.” We pulled on enough clothes to be legal and headed out for a short run with broad smiles on our faces. When we walked, we held hands or had our arms around each other’s waist.

We walked into the park and, to our surprise, we saw Chastity in a walking cast with her roommate, Gretchen sitting at a picnic table. We walked up to them and Sandy said, “Chastity, it’s good to see you. You’re looking good. How long before you can walk without the cast?”

“Sandy, Jack, it’s good to see you! This is my first time back at the park. It feels so good to be out. I have two weeks to go to get the cast off.”

Sandy said, “That’s when we get back. We are getting married today. Our honeymoon will be a two week camping trip.”

“Congratulations! You two make a superb couple. When and where? Would you mind us coming?”

“We are being married at our new church at three this afternoon. It’s going to be a small wedding. We will be glad for you to come!”

I said, “It’s the Presbyterian church just down the street.”

Chastity looked at her roommate, who nodded. “We’ll be there, cheering you both.” She smiled with a hint of sadness. “If I can’t marry him, then you are my next choice to be his wife, Sandy. Take care of this lovely man.”

“I will. I appreciate the great guy that he is and plan to spend the rest of my life loving him.

“Chastity, you know that you’re younger than his daughter?”

“I’m not surprised but it wouldn’t matter to me. He’s a rare man.”

Gretchen said, “I haven’t ever felt the full force of his attention but sure would like to try it. It would almost be worth breaking my leg.”

I was quiet. I wasn’t used to this attention. Sandy said, “We are going to have to head back. We have to shower and get ready for the regular church services. We’ll see you this afternoon.” She led off running slowly back. I followed her. We were about half way back when she slowed to a walk and took my hand. Sandy said, “That made you uncomfortable, didn’t it, Jack?”

“Yes! Sandy, I’m just a guy. I don’t do anything earth-shaking or wonderful.”

“Jack, you’ll never convince me, your mother, or Chastity, or even Gretchen. Give up. We are absolutely convinced that you’re the most wonderful man ever. Well, for your mother, you’re one of the two most wonderful.” She chuckled. She put her arm around my waist and hugged me close.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.