Aging Well - Cover

Aging Well

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 28 [Sandy writes]

When I pulled on my pale lavender thong and matching bra, I think Jack was having second thoughts about dinner. I quickly donned dark lavender shorts and a matching blouse to cover the “good parts.” I pulled on sandals with a low heel and moved down the stairs as he slipped his feet into sandals of his own. It was difficult for him to zip his shorts!

We were in the kitchen. I grinned and said, “I’m always happy for you to see me.”

“It’s hard for me to see you.” We laughed. I purposely bent over extra low to get things out of the fridge. “You keep doing that and our children will be embarrassed when they come in.”

“Maybe they will learn some new facts of life!”

“I doubt it! Becky doesn’t need a more graphic example of her father making love than your words have already provided.”

We laughed. Jack helped me cut vegetables for the supper. I cut the beef. I said, “This is going to be another stir-fry but with some differences. First, it’s beef and, second, the spices are different. It will come with two dipping sauces. One is hot and sour and the other also works as paint remover. Make sure you try both.”

“Trust me. Even if it’s too hot, you’ll still like it.”

Everything was ready and I had even had Jack put on three bags of rice. It was good timing because the doorbell rang. I said, “I’ll get the door. Open a bottle of wine. Maybe we can get Mark too drunk to drive home.” I had opened the door and had seen Mark standing there. “Hi, Mark. It’s good to see you.” He looked a little stunned.

Becky followed him inside. “Did I hear you say what I thought I heard you say?”

“Of course. This way you can look innocent if he does get sloshed and stays over with you.” I winked and grinned as I hugged and kissed her.

Jack had enough time to pour wine for the four of us before Pam and John came to the door. I opened the door again and Jack had two glasses waiting for them. They said, “Happy almost wedding!” I hugged and kissed them. They went to Jack for a hug and kiss along with their glasses. John held his glass up as he had his arm around Pam. “I propose a toast. To Sandy Mom, a beautiful, talented, unifying lady.”

Everyone clinked glasses with me. I moved into Jack’s arms before drinking a sip of my wine. I gave Jack a kiss and then leaned my head on his shoulder.

“The food!” I headed back to the kitchen followed by the rest. I started the rice and finished preparing our meal, including making the sauces with each in a large bowl. As we carried everything into the dining room, I said, “There are two sauces. One is hot and sour. The other also works as paint remover. Be sure to try both.”

“Which is which?” John asked.

“You’ll find out!”

“How do you know?”

“One is in the blue bowl and the other is in the green bowl.”

“Dad, do you know?”

“How would I know? I’m just her happy sex object.” All five of us giggled at that.

“Ask the blessing, sex object, and for protection for our stomachs.”

Jack did so quite earnestly. He gave my hand a squeeze when he said, “Amen.”

No one was shy about serving their plates with the food. I led off on the sauces. The green bowl was hotter by three drops of hot sauce. It would be interesting to hear which bowl was hotter. I dipped into the blue bowl and ate the piece and exclaimed, “Wow! That is some serious heat!” I then went for the sauce in the green bowl saying simply, “Wow!”

John and the rest repeated my moves without the histrionics. Neither sauce was actually that hot. After everyone had tried both bowls, I said, “Okay. Which is the hottest? Blue or green?”

Jack and Pam voted green. The others all voted for the blue.

I said, “It looks to be three to two in favor of the blue bowl.”

Becky said, “The majority is wrong though, isn’t it?”

“That’s true. There are three drops more hot sauce in the green bowl. You have to be careful about other person’s descriptions and make your own determinations.”

Becky smiled. “Sandy Mom just gave us a life lesson.”

Jack was smiling. Becky said, “How did you get it right, Dad?”

“I have a very discriminating palate.” He grinned.

John said, “We won’t get a straight answer from him. Pam, how did you get it right?”

“I watched Sandy. I couldn’t tell from taste but suspicioned that she would test us. I had watched her as she dipped in each bowl. She was setting us up.”

I said, “Jack, seriously. How did you figure it out?”

“Two things gave it away. First, I watched what you were doing as you made both sauces. Everything was the same until you gave one bottle an extra shake at the end. I also noted what you said. You knew I don’t like very hot. Had it really been able to remove paint, you would have warned your poor, old, sex object.

“Besides, green is a hotter color than blue. You wear it often.”

“I guess it’s nice to know I’m watched.”

He grinned. “Every move you make. Green eyes and all.”

Pam said, “If you’re so observant. What color is Sandy’s wedding dress?”

“First. I haven’t peeked or listened to her talk to anyone about color. Second, this is based upon my best guess. Third, I’d really rather not say.”

“I trust you haven’t looked, Jack. What color do you think it is?”

He looked uncomfortable. “I haven’t looked but it’s a pale green, very light.”

My mouth dropped open. “How did you know?”

“First, green is your favorite color. Second, you look absolutely fabulous in any shade of green. Third, it’s light because you wouldn’t want white but wouldn’t wear a dark color. Fourth, you have sent Becky to purchase a shirt and tie. I don’t have much green in my wardrobe yet. Fifth, I saw Becky’s face when she came down last night and she was awed. It just has to be a perfect shade of pale green.”

“Jack, how am I going to keep secrets from you when I want to surprise you?”

John said, “Sandy Mom, it’s going to be difficult. Dad is very perceptive and he studies you carefully and constantly. He wants to please you and even anticipate your desires so he can fulfill them. There is a slight downside to that. He knows what’s going to happen.

“However, he would never have told you if you hadn’t pushed and he would have looked to be delightedly surprised at your dress. He still will be. I’ve seen how he looks at you.”

Pam said, “John’s right. He loves to look at you. Just seeing you happy brings him joy. You, by the way, are just as bad. You have so much love for each other that it overflows to everyone around you both.”

I stood up and started toward him. Jack quickly pushed his chair back to give me a lap. I said, “You knew that’s what I wanted you to do.”

He kissed me gently and quietly said, “Yes.” He gave me a gentle hug. “My lap is always ready for you, my love.”

Becky and Pam looked at each other and then together said, “Aww!”

I gave a little wiggle and went back to my chair. Jack smiled at me and took a sip of his wine. We moved to other subjects. We enjoyed the food and the company. I had taken some cookies out of my freezer for desert. We made coffee and took our coffee and cookies into the living room and sat down. Jack took the recliner and I sat in his lap again. I leaned on him and kissed him. Mark had taken the chair. To my slight surprise, Becky immediately sat in his lap, leaving the couch for John and Pam who were snuggled in close to each other.

I looked at Becky and said, “Train him right early.” She blushed but didn’t move to get up either. She even leaned into him a little more.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.