Aging Well
Chapter 27 [Jack writes]

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

We did manage to get out of bed for a light supper and talk to Becky on the phone. We just pulled on shorts and tops to cook supper. We did more fondling than eating.

Sandy laughed. “We’re acting like newlyweds.”

“I’m trying to get in practice.” We both laughed. We finished our meal and went into the living room to sit down. I sat down and Sandy straddled me.

She wiggled a little and murmured, “Something down there is happy again. Do you have time for me?”

“I have a busy schedule but I’ll see what I can work in.” I chuckled. Naturally, the doorbell rang. Sandy stood up and went to the door. It was Becky and Mark and they were holding hands.

She invited them in and took a seat beside me looking demure rather than like the sexually charged woman of just a few moments ago. She said, “You’re holding hands so I’m guessing that this isn’t bad news.” I smiled with her at them.

Becky said, “We are going to enjoy our time together but wanted you two to be the first to know that it’s looking serious. You gave me the courage and encouragement to follow my heart. I have watched each of you carefully. Mark has, too, though he hasn’t seen as much of you together as I have.”

Sandy said, “We haven’t done anything other than encourage you to be the best you can be and to enjoy the time God gives.”

Mark’s eyes glistened. He has a beautiful speaking voice. “Something else you said to Becky was that it was the right time for the right people.

“A number of years ago, we had crushes on each other. We each took a risk that there might be something in those old crushes for today. We are different people today from the high school kids we were then. However, there was a very nice connection then that has evolved in a very short time into something very meaningful to each of us. Sandy, I heard you say that you thought the time for joy had passed you until you met Jack. I had felt that way until a coincidence put Becky in my path. I have been unapproachable for a few years but Becky’s presence forced me to take stock. She had enough courage for us both. She could have gone to Ron and asked for someone else to work with her. I actually did, explaining that I knew her from high school. I was told to ignore that. If Becky had also gone to Ron, he would have reassigned her.

“Instead she encouraged me and I asked her to dinner Tuesday. We have had lunch and dinner together every day since. I can arrange dinners pretty well but some of my lunch choices have been less than inspired. It’s been the company that made those meals great. Becky cooked for me tonight, though the cookware made her job tougher.” He chuckled. “Becky did say that her dad wasn’t the best person to purchase cookware.”

I said, “It does what its name specifies. I don’t create when I cook. I just cook something. I try not to cook anything.”

Everyone of us laughed. Sandy said, “You grill well, darling. That’s sufficient.”

Becky said, “Anyway, we are embarking upon a trip that scares us. Please put us in your prayers as we negotiate through this process.”

I smiled. “Mark, do you own a dark suit?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Good. You’ll need it this Sunday at three.”

“What for?”

“At our wedding, I have been short a groomsman and an escort for Becky. You will fit the bill nicely.” Sandy and Becky both smiled broadly. I looked at him and nodded toward them. I continued, “Thank you for agreeing.

“Now, if you want, you can add to your schedule. We are serving breakfast here Sunday morning at eight thirty. Then, it’s off to Sunday school and church. We’ll go to lunch, spruce up a little here, and return for our wedding.

“You do get one thing for doing all that. You get to hang around Becky all day. After the ceremony, it will be up to you to get her to tolerate you any longer. Sandy and I will return here, hook up the camper, and leave on our honeymoon.”

Mark grinned and said, “I will be honored to be one of your groomsmen and escort Becky. I plan to do that a lot. If she will permit it, I will sign up for the entire day and take her to dinner later if she would like that.”

Becky was smiling with joy. “Oh, yes!”

Sandy said, “While you are here, I want you to look at some material, Becky. Jack, you and Mark can stay down here and talk.” They went upstairs.

Mark and I talked. He owned a home in a nice subdivision. I explained that I owned the condo where Becky was living and this had been Sandy’s. She had been here over a year and it was easier for me to move than her. I admitted that we hadn’t decided where to live but would be working on that decision after our honeymoon.

The two ladies came down, smiling at each other. Becky said, “Sandy is going to be such a beautiful bride.”

I said, “Tell me about the dress.”

Sandy said, “You will see it Sunday afternoon. There should be some mystery left.”

Becky said, “I need to get you a new shirt and tie for your dark gray suit, Dad. I have a material sample to use. Are you still the same size?”

“I guess so. What about Mark? Does he need new clothes?”

“No, sir. He will be just fine. You will be fine, too. Be patient. No one ever died of suspense and you won’t either.” They all chuckled at my discomfiture.

Becky and Mark stayed a little longer but left for my old condo before separating to their separate beds to meet at work in the morning. We gave them hugs and kisses. Sandy said, “That’s all good. I have a problem.” She leaned against the door and was looking at me with a smile on her face. I silently answered her with a curious look. “I desperately need to be ravished. Do you know anyone handy who would be willing?”

I moved into her arms and said, “I know someone who will do his best.” I kissed her.

She murmured, “That best has always been really, really good. Come to bed, stud.”

We went upstairs and eventually did get some sleep.

In the morning, we went running. Getting out a bed with a naked Sandy in it is an incredibly difficult thing to do for me. We ran through still another of the park’s trails. We walked back holding hands. It was a lovely day. We returned to the condo and went upstairs to shower. That was very pleasurable!

We dressed and cooked breakfast. As we ate, I said, “I guess I need to ready the camper for our next trip. Will I have help?”

“Not this morning, darling. I need to sew and you must stay out unless you warn me. Jack, I really do want to surprise you on Sunday.”

“Okay, Sandy. I will to pull the camper out and empty it. I will also wash the linens.”

Sandy giggled. “That would be a good idea, my love.

“Then, I will repack everything.”

“This time, only make up one bed.” We laughed together quietly.

I went across the street and down to my old condo and opened the garage door. I pulled the camper outside and opened it. It smelled a little stale. I realized that not cleaning up for almost a week and leaving it closed up really wasn’t a good idea. I set the blocks and jacks knowing that repeated trips in and out would occur while I cleaned and then put things into their places.

I stripped the beds and carried everything to our place and started all the sheets and towels washing. I grabbed a spray can of freshener and went back using it liberally inside the trailer. I emptied out the water from the cooler and washed it out. The little fridge was clear and I had turned it off. I did open it to give it a chance to air out. I checked the spices in their sealed container but left it accessible for notes and lists later. I wiped down the outside fabric and left it open to dry thoroughly and continue to air out.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.