Of Loss and Remembrance
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by QM

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Driven away by his inability to cope with his wife's cheating and the actions of her new partner a man withdrew from the world becoming the equivalent of a modern day hermit. Then chance brings his family into his life again and he begins to realise what he lost... No sex in the first two chapters. The violence code does not apply to sexual violence.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Reluctant   Fiction   Incest   Father   Daughter   First   Slow   Violence  

I held Laurel and whispered words of comfort in her ears until the sobs settled into the occasional hiccup.

"You'd better go to your bed now, my little lady," I said.

"Yes, Dad," she said and hugged me tighter. "I meant it about my virginity."

"I know, but that's not a gift I can accept," I replied.

"I'll do anything to keep my Dad," she said.

"You shouldn't have to do that," I replied kindly.

"Mum has me on the pill," she explained as if that might persuade me.

"Laurel..." I began.

"Just think about it, Dad, please," she said as she finally let go and slipped out of the room leaving me hot, bothered, aroused and utterly confused as to why my fourteen year old daughter would want her dad to deflower her ... or even have sex with her at all. I mean, what the hell could have been going on at their house to bring this on?

Sleep did not come easily to me that night, but it eventually came. As was my want, I rose at dawn, pulled on my ratty old slippers and a warm robe and quietly set up a pot of coffee in the filter machine before going out on the porch. With my mug in my hand I watched the sun rise and start to melt the layers of frost covering the forest. I'd been out five minutes when the door opened again and Nancy stepped out with a coffee of her own.

"Morning, David," she murmured.

"Morning," I replied quietly.

"It's beautiful out here," she said.

"Yes," I replied and pointed down to where a small stream bubbled through.

"What am I looking for? Ohhh!" she gasped as she caught her first sight of Ted and Bella, the otter family who inhabited the clearing. "Oh they're beautiful ... and wild too?"

"Yes, though Ted, the male, will approach to within a few feet if you have food," I replied. "Bella not so much."

"Oh, this is wonderful. I never expected anything like this," Nancy replied.

"Anything like what," Gwen said as she came through the door, coffee mug in hand.

Nancy pointed and Gwen's mouth formed a perfect O of surprise and delight.

"Oh, I wish I had a camera," Gwen said.

"I have pictures in both print and digital form you can have," I said.

"Thank you, David. I'd appreciate that," Gwen replied before taking Nancy in her arms.

"I can't apologise enough," Nancy began.

"I know. I was really pissed off with you yesterday, because you had no right to do what you did. But as David said, it was five years ago and we've had a good life. So, yes, I forgive you," Gwen said quietly.

"Thank you, I missed you last night," Nancy replied.

"Oh, I thought you kept David company, as I saw you creep into his room," Gwen said with a wink.

"Erm ... OK. I admit I was being nosey about what you and he discussed, but I didn't spend the night there. I did kiss him though," Nancy said, blushing furiously.

"He does kiss nice," Gwen giggled with a raised eyebrow, looking directly at me.

"He does, but the odd thing was, for all he's a man, I felt safe and comfortable with him and under no threat whatsoever, which has me confused as hell, because you know what I'm like," Nancy admitted.

"I do and despite your claims, I've never really considered you a lesbian. You simply don't look at other women in an appraising manner, even those whom you have admitted you had relationships in the past. I suspect you simply used it as a shield to keep men away, as you were dreadfully afraid of them ... still are really," Gwen said.

"So what do you consider me as?" Nancy asked confused.

"My sexy lover of course," Gwen replied. "Other women simply don't interest me and I'm not attracted to them at all ... but you, yes I'm attracted to."

"And other men?" asked Nancy tentatively.

"Just David here, whom despite everything, I've never really stopped loving," Gwen admitted.

"I know," said Nancy. "It's why I really thought coming here was a bad idea."

"What? In case I jump his bones and kick you out?" Gwen asked.

"Yes."

"Oh dear heart, I love you truly, madly, deeply and won't cast you aside simply because my ex has an effect on me," Gwen said, holding Nancy tightly.

"And I'm not going to ask Gwen to stay with me here or choose between us," I added.

"Pity in one sense, as this place is just so beautiful," Gwen replied to me. "But thank you for not trying to make me choose."

"Yes, thank you David," said an emotionally upset Nancy.

"Of course if I could persuade the pair of you to live here and share..." grinned Gwen wickedly just as the door opened and the girls came out leaving me shocked and Nancy blushing furiously.

Jenny and Laurel were just as thrilled to see the otters as their Mum and Nancy. The four women remained outside in the cold to simply watch as I went in to shower, shave and prepare breakfast. As my cabin and two other satellite cabins often got guests at short notice I had a goodly supply of dried foodstuff as well as cans of various meat and vegetables, though I mostly ate meat that I'd killed and dressed myself, making use of a mincer and sausage skin inserter I'd picked up cheap on eBay. Stuff like bacon was sourced via local farms and came in bulk to be jointed and frozen. Eggs were easy, the local farms produced hundreds of free range ones and so a full English was easily within reach, provided you didn't mind the sausages being venison from a culled roe deer.

Eventually they came in when I called and settled down, Laurel choosing cereal with milk, the rest going for the platters of meat, beans, tomatoes and potato patties I'd scrounged up.

After breakfast and the washing up the ladies sorted out showers and I checked over the large scale map in my office to make sure the route I was taking wouldn't be too hard on Nancy, Jenny or Laurel.

Before we left I showed Gwen how the wood burning range needed topping up occasionally and the few other idiosyncrasies of the cabin, though the main one of why the toilet didn't have a flush had been explained the night before. I also left a spare radio with Gwen in case she needed to contact us. Mostly I expected she was going to be on the PC, talking, as Jenny's parent, to her solicitors via email.

The other good thing was that Gwen had dumped the dowdy clothing and was wearing tight jeans and T-shirt, covered by a warm fleece and looked lovely again, getting compliments off the girls and Nancy too.

We set off through the woods following the eastern trail. The girls were wrapped up warm with stout boots, thermal leggings, and layered upper clothing topped with hats and scarves. Nancy was in jeans and boots but wore a thick puffed bodywarmer over a fleece along with just gloves. I was in my usual gear of waterproofed canvas trousers, boots with gaiters, thick jumper and osmotic undershirt covered by a Barbour jacket. I wore a thermal cloth hat but kept my hands free as I was also carrying my shotgun over my shoulder.

"Why the gun?" asked Nancy.

"I have to deal with occasional pests and rogue species," I replied.

"Pests?" she asked.

"Canada geese, mink, non-native species that are driving out others," I answered.

"Oh," she replied and went back to walking quietly next to me whilst I kept an eye on the girls walking ahead and tried not to admire their pert bottoms and shapely legs.

We'd gone about an hour when I called a halt and pointed out some deer tracks as well as a few droppings.

"If we go quietly we may spot a few, so watch where you tread," I said.

"Yes, dad," breathed Jenny.

I quietly led the way, wincing at the noises made by the three behind me as their idea of quiet didn't come up to my standards.

Still, with the breeze blowing into our faces, we might get a chance I mused.

I stopped and slowly raised my hand and beckoned them forward taking my binoculars out of their holder.

"Ahead and to the right," I breathed as I handed Jenny the binoculars.

"I can't see anything," she whispered back.

I stood behind her and slowly moved her head until it was pointing at the herd in the clearing across a small gully.

"Oh my God! There's loads," Jenny whispered almost bouncing in her excitement and pressing back into me causing an unfortunate reaction ... Well, I deemed it unfortunate, Jenny either didn't notice or decided to tease me by pressing back on my erection with her bottom and doing it in a manner that was excruciatingly erotic.

"Could I see?" asked Laurel who took the binoculars off a reluctant Jenny and moved her out of the way so she could lean against me too.

With Laurel I was dead certain it was deliberate. Particularly after our conversation last night, as she pushed back and almost grasped my erection with her bottom cheeks as I helped her spot the herd.

"Oh, that's lovely," she sighed as I wondered whether to pull away and let the world know what I was sporting as I really didn't want Nancy seeing it.

As it was, Nancy asked if she could have a look and Laurel grudgingly handed over the binoculars, only for Nancy to take her place too, although initially I managed to keep a little distance.

"Oh, I see them," she breathed and leaned forward pushing herself back against me, only to pause as I believe she was wondering just what she could feel.

Whatever it was, she didn't object and indeed pushed back a little harder seemingly savouring the moment until I called a halt and sent them forward and watched the herd scatter as humans intruded on their feeding. All I could do was pull my jacket down and hope no one commented. As it was, the girls led and I walked side by side with Nancy.

"I couldn't help but notice..." she began with a wicked little smile on her lips.

"Natural reaction," I said, blushing.

"Thought you didn't like me?" she kept prodding.

"Nothing wrong with your body," I replied.

"Ooh, you like my body?" she giggled quietly.

"And your kisses," I finished.

"Why thank you, David. Believe it or not that's boosted my ego no end as I rather enjoyed the feelings myself, thinking it's nice to be desired that way and not feel threatened," she said.

"I'm no threat to you, Nancy," I said.

"I know, that's what I think lets me be ... normal with you," she said blushing slightly.

"As I said last night, I don't think I'm any sort of cure," I replied.

"I know, but I know if I want male company, who to see," she said.

We walked in silence and I pointed out a few things including various sets, tracks, types of tree and the effects of all the recent rain by way of erosion, the odd landslip and fallen trees.

Soon we approached the cabin again and I led them inside to greet Gwen who had been busy and made us all lunch.

"Could I trouble you to go to the shop and get me these?" she asked handing me a list.

"No problem, but it'll take a while as although it's not too far as the crow flies with the tracks and roads it can take up to an hour each way," I said.

I checked the time and decided the other circuit could wait.

"I might need to go over the border to Jedburgh Co-op or Boots the chemist for some of these. Hell I don't even know what some of them are," I mused as I looked down the list.

"Can I go with you, Dad?" asked Laurel.

"You and Jenny will be staying here. I've booked you a session with your online tutor," said Gwen, to the girls' obvious disappointment. "Oh and I've spoken to your boss, David, and he said it's OK for us to stay so long as we don't get in the way of any scientific teams he may send our way."

"He's a good man," I replied, wondering if I should have called him rather than Gwen, before deciding he knew exactly what I was like.

"I can go with you and be your translator, David," said Nancy with a smile.

"OK," I replied. "We'd best get going, it'll take just as long," I replied as we left to pull our boots on.

The trip to Jedburgh up the A68 main road was easy enough and other than heading North from the cabin rather than South, looked no different to the other roads in the area.

"Rather remote around here," said Nancy as we passed miles and miles of trees punctuated once by Catcleugh Reservoir.

"Yep. Just the place for bumping off a love rival and burying her body where no one will ever find it," I replied utterly deadpan.

"Or him," added Nancy in similar tones.

"True," I chuckled seeing her trying to hide a grin too.

"What did you make of Gwen's proposal?" Nancy asked.

"Proposal?" I enquired.

"About us sharing her," Nancy said bluntly.

"Can't see it working," I replied.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Well I can't imagine you or I liking any schedule or situation where she hops from one bed to another, it might lead to jealousy and other associated risks, it's not like we've got a good history of getting along until yesterday," I replied.

"Until yesterday I hadn't kissed or touched a man deliberately for over ten years," Nancy admitted.

"I can't say I blame you. As a gender, men can be truly diabolical at times," I said.

"Yes, but I don't get that with you. No revulsion, no fear, despite you being armed to the teeth at times and I honestly feel ... God alone knows why, that, if anything happened whilst I was with you, that you'd step in to defend me," she said quietly.

"As my guest, yes I would and I know our history, but feel as if I've only really gotten to know you over the last day or so," I admitted in return.

"Thing is though is that if you were to share Gwen's and my bed, I don't think I'd have a problem with that," Nancy said, her cheeks glowing bright red.

"What with me making love to Gwen whilst you watched?" I said amazed.

"Possibly not just watching," she murmured.

"Sorry?" I wondered.

"We could both enjoy bringing Gwen off at the same time and ... perhaps if it felt right we could..." Nancy floundered.

"I'd be nervous about trying, Nancy," I acknowledged. "It's not like you've had good experiences in the past is it?"

"No, but other than the odd nightmare I can't even remember being raped," she said. "So in many ways I'm a virgin when it comes to men."

"I have to admit I did get aroused with you this morning ... and last night too," I confessed.

"I got aroused too, David. If the girls hadn't been there I think I'd have liked to see where it went," Nancy said with a little smile of remembrance.

"You're 31 and don't know where it goes yet?" I joked, getting a slap on my upper arm and a giggle from Nancy.

"You know what I mean. Besides, if I don't make a move those two man-eaters you call daughters might just get there," she said.

"You know how they feel?" I asked.

"Yes, I had a crush on my Daddy for the longest time too," Nancy said. "Nothing would have come of it, but if he'd asked, then yes, I would have. Might have been best if he had. Then some of the mental trauma of rejection might have been eased."

"I don't think it's something I'd encourage or even desire," I replied.

"You may not get a choice," Nancy chuckled.

Thinking back to the previous night I had to sort of agree with her.

"For Gwen's sake, I don't think I could," I said.

"She already knows, it's why the whole coming up here nearly caused us to come to blows as I was the only one with major qualms about seeing you again. If only because I thought I'd lose Gwen for certain to you," Nancy admitted.

"You don't have to share Gwen with me or even allow me liberties with you if you can't cope, Nancy," I said.

"I won't know till I try and at the moment my body's telling me it's ready to try out a man ... well this man," she responded, giving my thigh a squeeze.

"Dangerous, you won't know what will happen until we do try and you might not like what does at all," I countered.

"I love Gwen. If she's happy then I'll be happy, so long as it's with her," Nancy said.

"We'll see. I'll have to think about it. I don't want Gwen to be unhappy by anything I do. It's not like I have any desire to go back to civilisation after all," I hedged.

"You don't get it do you? Gwen loves where you live and the house; she's always wanted to live in the country," Nancy explained.

"I'd have to clear it with my boss, although the cabin was originally designed for a family to live there, it's just most families didn't want to, way too isolated for them," I said.

"You're just making up excuses not to now, David, and you know it," replied Nancy.

"Perhaps, but it's not something I want going wrong," I said.

"Nor I, but take your time, you've got us for two weeks at least," Nancy replied.

We'd reached Jedburgh by then and set off with the lists, picking up the items we required, mostly to do with feminine hygiene, in fairly short order. Nancy also browsed a local bookshop and allowed me to purchase several novels for her. I also noticed that she shied away from any male contact and was noticeably uneasy as we passed a group of youths simply hanging around the shop entrances. Stretching out my hand I took hers in mine, feeling the tremors that were wracking her body and felt an answering squeeze as she realised that this male at least was on her side and would protect her from her fears.

"Thank you, David," she said as we finally got back to the Land Rover.

"Just glad I could help," I replied.

The trip back was uneventful and we arrived whilst it was still daylight.

"Everything OK?" asked Gwen.

"Yes, other than David insisting we either paid cash or used his card," said Nancy.

"Just want as little a paper trail as possible to the area," I said at Gwen's frown. "I don't know how they found the safe house, but I don't want them knowing you're even up around here."

"That's why I only told my solicitors in confidence as they've arranged for our mail to be redirected to them," Gwen said with a sigh. "Still I don't want you to be out of pocket because of us, David."

"You can pay me back with the child support I send you," I chuckled.

"True and I'm not going to stop that for the moment for the same reasons you gave," Gwen replied and then gave me a hug. "Thanks for looking after us, David."

She was joined by the two girls who plastered themselves to me and finally by Nancy who had stayed back until beckoned by Gwen, although I don't think the girls were too impressed.

"I've prepared a casserole for dinner," Gwen eventually said.

"Ooh, what kind," asked Jenny.

"Um, some sort of meat I found in the freezer," Gwen said looking a little embarrassed.

"It'll be venison," I said. "Anything else will be goose, rabbit or wood pigeon."

"Ugh, feathered rats," shuddered Laurel.

"Wood pigeon, not the ones you see in towns," I chuckled.

"Well, we're having venison casserole," said Gwen. "Now sit down and let's eat.

I have to admit Gwen did a superb job on the dinner. The meat was cooked to perfection and the accompanying vegetables were supplemented with crusty rolls that she'd found somewhere in the freezers.

Afterwards she and Nancy went into their room presumably for a heart to heart and I ignored the odd sounds of passion coming from it as Jenny went on my work PC and Laurel snuggled up next to me on the sofa as I read.

It soon became apparent that Laurel had more than snuggling in mind as her hand drifted down to rest upon my groin causing my pants to tent out alarmingly with an aching erection.

"Laurel, please. This isn't a good idea," I said gently removing her hand and kissing her forehead.

"You want me, I know you do and it will keep us together. I know it will," she said, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"Little lady, you don't know what you're asking, besides it may just be that your Mum and I can become reconciled and her finding out you and I are sexually involved will destroy any chance of that," I told her, despite having grave doubts that it would.

"Nancy will never allow that, Dad. Which leaves me or Jenny and Jenny's not a virgin," Laurel replied and kissed my lips.

"Actually Nancy has indicated that she won't mind so long as she's not being neglected," I said after our lips parted.

"I-hate-men Nancy?" replied Laurel a bit shocked.

"She doesn't hate all men. Well, not this one anyway and she has her reasons for being what she is," I said as Laurel's hand reached down to rest upon my groin again.

"You mean you'd have sex with her but not with me?" said Laurel, clearly upset.

"She isn't my daughter and blood related, nor only just fourteen," I replied removing her hand only to find her lips on mine again.

"But I can't get pregnant, so why can't the man I love most in the world take what I'm freely offering?" answered Laurel, who had clearly been thinking this through a lot more than I would have guessed. "And ... and I'd share you with Mum, Jenny and ... and even Nancy."

I placed my fingers under her chin and gently lifted her head to kiss her, my resolve already failing to an extent.

"I'll honestly think about it Laurel, but at the moment it's not a good idea, particularly as anyone can wander in and catch us and, if we went to my room, they'd wonder where you'd got to," I said.

"So a definite maybe then?" she asked, hope shining in her eyes.

"No. I said I'd think about it. But my brain tells me it's not the smartest move I could make, no matter how enjoyable it could be," I said.

"But you might?"

"God help me. Yes, I might," I replied getting a hug from her which rapidly descended in a tickle attack with accompanying squeals of laughter from Laurel.

Eventually she went through to the office and I was joined by Jenny who also snuggled into me although did not try anything sexual. Hell, she didn't have to. She simply oozed sex appeal without even trying, though to her credit she never tried to take advantage of it ... well so far.

"You know Laurel has a crush on you?" Jenny finally said.

"Yes, fairly obvious," I replied.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Think long and hard about it," I replied.

"What, not turn her down flat?" Jenny said, sounding a little shocked.

"And have her think she's been rejected by her dad again?" I asked.

"Oh."

"Indeed, oh," I countered

"She has good taste in men though," Jenny giggled.

"Unlike her sister," I replied but in kindly tones.

"Yes, I was warned by so many friends, but I think it was the bad boy image rather than what he was that attracted," Jenny said seriously.

"Lot of girls do the bad boy thing," I said with a gentle smile.

"Yes, but in Ali's case he was bad to the core rather than just acting a little wild and I couldn't see that," she sighed.

"You got lucky," I replied. "For which I thank God, because you and Laurel are my link back to being a better man rather than a hostile loner."

"We missed you, Dad. Even Mum did, I think," Jenny said as she cuddled me closer.

"So I'm beginning to find out," I replied.

"I still don't know why you didn't kick Nancy out when you had our support though," she said frowning slightly.

"Nancy is ... complicated and the better I get to know her, the more I like her and understand the reasons she is what she is," I told her. "Besides your Mum loves her and I suspect might just have gone with her. I couldn't risk that."

"Do you think you and Mum will ever get back together?" Jenny asked.

"A week ago I never thought to see her again, but now I understand if we ever do, Nancy will be part of that relationship," I replied.

"Oh,"

"Indeed, oh," I replied in an echo of our earlier conversation.

"Well, I'd better get my socks on and add myself to your potential list of lovers then," giggled Jenny.

"As if my life weren't complicated enough, little one," I replied and kissed her soundly in a not quite dad/daughter style.

"Oh, I love you, Dad," she sighed as the door to Gwen and Nancy's room opened and a rather flushed looking pair of ladies emerged.

"All made up now?" I asked a bit cheekily.

"Well on the way," giggled Gwen as Nancy blushed.

"I'm glad," I said, realising that yes I was.

"I see Jenny's trying to get her hooks into you," said Gwen.

"She'll have to join the queue as there are others seemingly ahead of her," I sighed, realising that within my family there were few if any secrets.

"They missed you terribly and that caused problems for Nancy and I because of my guilt over what happened," Gwen said and sat next to me as Jenny slipped off my knees.

"Still doesn't make me feel happy about what she and Laurel want," I replied.

"I know. David, Nancy told me a little about your qualms," she replied.

"Dads aren't supposed to have sex with their daughters," I said.

"Yet it does happen and not just these days. There are historical roots going back over centuries," said Nancy.

"I'm talking about the here and now, Nancy. I could go to prison and frankly I'm surprised Gwen isn't going mental either," I replied.

"David, my Dad was my first," Gwen said quietly. "Mum encouraged it because she felt I would benefit from a good loving experience and not feel obliged to experiment with 'untrustworthy youths' as she put it."

"And now you want me to ... dear Lord I can't believe I'm having this conversation," I finished abruptly, stood and went to my room, ignoring the protests behind me.

I took no notice of the sounds of a discussion outside the door as my own thoughts were in turmoil. I couldn't believe I was having unfatherly thoughts about Laurel and Jenny. But worse still, that my ex approved of me actually doing something about it. I realised though that I had chickened out with both Laurel and Jenny by indicating that I would actually think about making love to them. Perhaps I should simply have said no and yet ... and yet I also knew I was so tempted too. Seeing my beautiful girls had also caused my own feelings to shake loose from the isolation I had been comfortable with.

"Come in," I said at a knock at the door.

"Can we talk, David?" said Nancy.

"Yes," I replied, knowing I needed to talk to someone.

"I realise that things are going far too fast and in a direction you aren't comfortable with," she said.

"To say the least," I admitted.

"I also realise that Gwen's admission threw you too, although you didn't seem too bothered about mine," she went on.

"Yes, I know, hypocrisy writ large," I admitted.

"Not really, we often hold family and ourselves to different standards," Nancy said quietly, taking my hand and squeezing it gently.

"David, I know this is difficult for you, but your daughters and Gwen love you and one aspect of that love appears to be a desire for a physical sexual relationship with you, or a return to one in Gwen's case," she said. "With Gwen I realise that you won't unless I agree and am comfortable with it, for which I'm grateful."

"Yes, but Nancy, the consequences if we get discovered or we fall out of love could be horrendous," I replied.

"You want to protect them, that's understandable. But trust me, they won't stop loving you and may come to love you more if you begin intimacy with them," she said.

"I did tell Laurel I'll think about it," I sighed. "But at the moment, she'll have to be patient, though I won't take too long. She's also jealous that you may be involved with me too."

"She'll have to get used to that if we do," Nancy replied.

At this point there was a knock and Gwen entered my room followed by Jenny and Laurel who flew into my arms.

"I'm sorry, Dad. Please don't hate me," she sobbed.

"I could never hate you, little lady," I said, stroking her hair gently. "What makes you think I would?"

"Mum says trying to pressure you into something you aren't ready for is wrong and I wouldn't like it if it was done to me," she snuffled, holding me very tight.

"Well, true as that is," I said. "It's not just you but this whole situation. I think I've been alone too long and just don't know you all the way I probably should. You all affect me on some level and I'll be the first to admit that despite problems in the past I have loved having you all here and yes, there is more than a bit of desire in my feelings. However I've sort of conditioned myself not to see you girls in a sexual manner and you shocked me, both you, Gwen and Nancy, when you mentioned your past histories. As it is, I'm not saying no, to any of you, but I may need a bit of time to get my mind around it."

"That's what I figured it was, David. You seemed so upset, not shocked but upset, that you could even consider it. As it is, both Nancy and I are willing to share you with our daughters as well as us, if that's what you want," said Gwen.

"But is it what you want?" I replied.

"Oh, hell, yes," Gwen breathed

"Yes," said Nancy.

"Yes," said Jenny,

"Yes," said Laurel.

"So how would this work?" I asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.