An Angel on My Shoulder - Cover

An Angel on My Shoulder

Copyright© 2014 by Iam RC

Chapter 1: My First Day at School EGJH

School started on a Monday. I was told when to wake up, and where to go stand and wait for the bus, then I was on my own. My two younger sisters were still in elementary school which left later in the morning. I went to the appointed place and found a small group of three other guys and two girls. I nodded to the guys and the girls glanced over, then ignored me completely. I covertly checked them out, and determined that they were both in the cute category. We only moved in a week ago so I hadn't met any of the neighbors yet. There was a park a couple of streets over, but I hadn't visited it yet as we've spent all of our time setting up the house.

Greg, who would soon become a friend, broke the ice. "Are you living in the Camwood place?"

"I have no idea," I replied. "We moved into the grey house at the top of the hill."

"That's the place. Nice house. There used to be a girl that lived there who hung out with my sister." I was wondering which one of the two cuties was his sister when he added "Kim's a junior and her boyfriend drives her to school, we are all well beneath her notice," and laughed.

"I'm Mike Keller, freshman," and we shook hands.

Greg introduced me to his two companions. "This is Joe, he's trying out for the football team this year. He's in tenth grade. The dweeb is Robert, also a freshman, who will be trying to mess up the grading curve in all the advanced classes."

I said hi to each of them and shook hands. Robert seemed nice enough but Joe looked like he was sizing me up as competition. I'm not sure when he was competing for, as I'm not a football player, but he was showing a lot of aggression for someone I just met. Maybe he's that way with everyone.

Greg also told me that the two cuties were Kelly and Grace, both tenth graders. While they looked like they could be twins, they were not related. Typical high girls only talked to guys when they had to. Unless they though he was a hunk of course. Unfortunately, I didn't fall into the hunk category, so I was ignored while they continued to talk fashion or gossip or whatever it is that girls jabber about when they get together.

Let me describe myself. I'm pretty much a typical ninth grader, but I'm already14 instead of the usual 12 or 13 at the beginning of the ninth grade. You might think that I would be bigger than of my classmates, but I'm really not. I am just slightly taller than average at 5 foot 4 inches, but I'm due for a growth spurt at any time. I also have a little more muscle structure than most, due to my workout routine, so my 130 lbs frame is pretty strong for my size. I'm not a body builder and I don't have the physique of a running back, but I do have good muscle tone and a low body fat percentage. I have brown hair, green eyes and if you look up "typical school student" in the dictionary you might find my picture. Other than my workouts, I'm about as average as you can get.

My workouts consist of running, biking, pull ups, bench press and Olympic lifting. I also do various calisthenics such as sit-ups, push-ups and the like. I try to keep the workouts varied so I don't get bored and when possible I work out four or five days a week. Since we've been getting the house ready I haven't had a single workout and it's really annoying me. I've already found all of my equipment so I know I'll be back at it soon, certainly before the weekend. Or so I thought.

Having exhausted our hellos, we stood around in manly silence as another girl joined the girls group, who I later found out was Kami. Strangely enough there were no older students at our stop, all seven of us were ninth and tenth graders, with the newcomers out numbering the older timers four to three. Soon the bus arrived and we were on our way.

I had been told that the bus ride was going to be 40 minutes long, even though the school was only 15 minutes away. This was due to the route the bus took which picked us up on an "outward leg" then circled around to the other side of the school pick up student along the way. Wasting an hour of my time five days a week was not a concern of the schools. There didn't appear to be much I could do about it until I could drive. I could run or bike the distance, but then I'd be all sweaty getting to my first classes. So for now, I would just have to deal with it.

Unlike other schools I've been to, this school had assigned seating on the buses. I'm not sure what that was trying to prevent as it just seemed annoying not to be able to sit with friends, but they didn't ask my opinion. It turned out that I was sitting next to "cutie number one", aka Kelly, about half way back on the driver's side. I noticed Greg was sitting in the seat ahead of mine, but it would be difficult to talk over the high seat back so it probably didn't make any difference. Kelly made it to the seat first and was sitting talking to another girl at an angle across the aisle. When I stopped and indicated that I was sitting with her, I got a slight frown and then she moved her legs out so I could squeeze past into the window seat. I tried to introduce myself, but was again ignored. At least she would smell better than most of the guys, even if she apparently wanted nothing to do with me.

As the bus slowly filled I discovered that they intended to squeeze three people in each of the bench seats. These seats couldn't possibly be designed for more than two. I had seen busses with seats designed for three, but this was not one of them. The third person would only be able to get a single cheek on the seat with the other floating in midair. It was completely unsafe, but then we don't wear seatbelts on busses for some magical reason either, so I shouldn't be surprised. (Google school bus roll overs then tell me it's safe.)

Our third seatmate was Amy, though I didn't find out her name till much later. She got on at one of the last stops before we got to the school. It was nice that we didn't have to triple up for long, but I quickly discovered I didn't mind tripling up at all. As Kelly scooted over to make room (with a frown of course) we discovered that my wide shoulders were in the way. First Kelly pushed me forward but that ended up with her average, but still very nice left breast pressing into my back and arm. She just couldn't have me touching her breast of course so she twisted around and to get herself in front of me which somehow opened two additional buttons down the front of her shirt exposing the complete top of her right breast to my view! Well, not the complete top as she was wearing a pink lacy bra, but to my 14 year old brain all I could think was WOW! I didn't drool ... much. Kelly quickly covered up and refastened her shirt, and proved that she could make even a bigger frown. I didn't care as I spent the rest of the bus trip remembering that fleeting view.

Now her shoulder was in front of mine and she was semi-reclined against me, it almost seemed like the position a boyfriend might be in if I put my arm across the back. I didn't have the balls to do that of course, but it did seem rather pleasant non-the-less. From time to time her blond hair would drift over in my face from, even that smelled nice. I'll admit that I might have had enough time for a short daydream before we pulled in.

When we arrived at school the bus quickly unloaded. I waited until the others departed as I had to make "adjustments" to walk properly. Kelly gave me yet another frown, but left without out ever saying a word to me. Of course Amy hadn't said anything either, but she was on the other side of Kelly and talking to her would have been difficult.

As I got off the bus there were signs telling everyone to meet in the gym. There were arrows pointing the way, but it was pretty obvious that the giant square building would be the gym. I saw Greg waiting for me so I walked over to him and we made our way into the school following the mob of students.

"Hey!"

"What's up with Kelly, she looked furious when she got off the bus?" he asked.

"I don't know. She didn't even say a word to me the whole time," I replied. I didn't really want to talk about Kelly's buttons as I assumed that's not the kind of thing a girl wants to have repeated.

"Well I don't know what that was about, but she made a bee line to her boyfriend and seemed to have a lot to say. You didn't try anything did you?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.