Wet Paint
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by Hambone Jones

True Story Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Can Mo Harrington's relationship with Jed Harrington survive the death of his one true love?

Caution: This True Story Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Cheating   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Slow  

Mo Harper had met Jed Harrington at a cocktail party at the Jefferson Hotel sponsored by Hastings Chemical to celebrate their acquisition of A. P. Stallings the United Kingdom's second largest chemical products company. Jed was thirty-two and while he was considered Richmond's most eligible bachelor he had something of a reputation among the ladies of the community for being hard to catch. There were many beaver pelts on his belt of those who had tried.

Jed also had a reputation for sometimes erratic behavior such as disappearing for weeks at a time. No one knew what precipitated these sudden departures and as could be expected rumors flew. One had Jed in love with a senorita in Buenos Aries. Another that he was on some kind of mission for Ronald Reagan negotiating with the Russians. Another that he was in a hideaway with a married women. There were several others just as fanciful but no one had a clue. The only person with a clue was Jed's secretary and she knew that it would mean her job if even a hint got out. She was well acquainted with Jed's wet paint periods. The one thing that was the same in each of these periods was that Jed went through a period where he was unusually disagreeable before he vanished.

Mo, twenty-six and working for the local newspaper, saw what the others saw a fit six foot three inch, brown haired, blued eyed, handsome, highly successful chemical company owner. He seemed to know everyone present but her. Mo had been watching him work the room in a manner so skilled she doubted anyone else noticed. He had two tentative rendezvous for later with women who had to shake their dates first. What would he do if they were both successful she wondered?

"Hi, I'm Jed Harrington," he said holding out his hand to Mo.

"I'm Maureen Harper but everyone calls me Mo, nice to meet you Jed," she said as she took his offered hand.

"What an outstanding name. I love it, what do you do Mo?"

"I work for the newspaper on the general news desk but what I want to do is write the great American novel but then who doesn't." She noticed a slight almost imperceptible change in Jed with her answer. It would be years before she found out Sam had been a writer.

"Are you working Mo?"

"No this is strictly pleasure the guy I came with is here for the paper I just came along to see how the other half lives and see what all the fuss is about with Beluga"

"Then you're here with a date?"

"No, not a date just someone I know who gave me a ride."

"Then how about I give you a ride and we go somewhere that's not so crowded and delve into the intrigues associated with Beluga.

Mo could not believe that this gorgeous man was asking her, Maureen Harper, on some kind of date. "What will you do about your dates?"

"Oh they're not serious it's just a little joke we have. Come on lets you and I split from here to Danny's."

Danny's was a downtown bar that was popular with the upscale crowd for its quiet privacy where you wouldn't be disturbed and the service was excellent and expensive. For this latter reason Mo had only been there once and that was on assignment. Danny's was more like a private club for the connected than a public eatery and bar.

When Jed looked at Mo what he saw was a pretty auburn haired girl, with deep blue eyes, a delicate nose and high cheeks and a smile that lit up her face. She was about five feet five and weighed about a buck fifteen. She was bubbly with the liveliness of youth, made no attempts at sophistication and reminded him of what fun life could be. It was the smile and the down to earth attitude that got him. Mo reminded him so much of Sam and what he had missed. He had grown old before his time but maybe with this girl he could recapture some of what he had lost, if only for a night. They spent the remainder of the evening drinking, Jed scotch and Mo vodka, while discussing her writing and her hopes and dreams for the future. Jed supported her dreams and her ambitions as best she remembered. On top of that Mo got to taste Beluga with her vodka. There was so much caviar she could have bathed in it. By the end of the evening they were both pretty loaded. When Jed requested the bill he whispered something to their waiter. When the waiter brought the bill he said that their car was outside. As they left Mo had to lean against Jed for support. She was not used to this kind of evening during the week or any other time for that matter. Outside the driver held the door open for the two of them. "Did you drive?" Jed asked.

"No, I rode with someone from the paper."

"That's right, I forgot. Good where is home?"

"Mo gave him the address and Jed relayed it to the driver."

"Is this how you get around?"

"Yes, when I've had too much to drink. I'll get my car from Danny's tomorrow."

Mo fully expected Jed to try to kiss her during the ride and ask to come in when they got to her apartment, both of which she was all for, but neither of which happened. Jed walked her to her door and told her that he had had a wonderful evening and said goodnight and that was it. "I guess it couldn't have been too wonderful," Mo thought leaning against the inside of her closed door. "Damn and I really liked him."

Three days later when Mo got back from lunch there a message for her to call the number written on the paper and ask for Jed Harrington.

"Harrington Polymers how may I direct your call?"

"Jed Harrington, please."

"Just one moment I will connect you with his office."

"Jed Harrington's office how may I help you?"

"This is Maureen Harper and I'm returning Mr. Harrington's call."

"Yes Ms. Harper Mr. Harrington is out of town but he asked me to call to ask if you would give him your phone number so that he might call you when he gets back on Saturday."

"Certainly Ms. Uh..."

"Mrs. Hathaway, Ms. Harper."

"Yes Mrs. Hathaway it's 675-2312."


"Hi Mo I'm sorry I wasn't able to call myself about your number and I hope it didn't upset you. Mrs. Hathaway is very discrete and I assure you the only place your number was recorded is on the piece of paper she gave to me. I didn't think to get your number the other night and you are apparently unlisted." Jed could easily have gotten the unlisted number but thought it would be a vulgar display of money and power if he had.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.