The Three Signs - Book 1 - Cathy
Chapter 17: The Third Sign

Copyright© 2014 by William Turney Morris

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 17: The Third Sign - Ahh, Cathy Parsons. There is always something special about someone's first love; and if it is the first love for both people, then there's that joy of discovery, learning about love and sex, and the heartbreak that comes with the mistakes you will both make.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Water Sports   Slow  

Towards the Holidays

Early August, 1974

By the end of July, we were all looking forward to the August holidays. Just over two weeks off from school, and with the weather starting to warm up, the promise of the summer ahead; it couldn’t come soon enough. Not that our teachers even acknowledged their approach; the workload continued to grow. Cathy and I barely had time outside of school to spend together, and when she told me of her plans for the holidays, we had another fight (well, only our second one).

I was hoping that we would be able to spend the two weeks together, but she and David were going up to Brisbane with her sister and brother-in-law, Dianne and Roger. They were going to stay with Roger’s family, and she was talking about going to the beaches along the Gold Coast.

I felt pretty put out by that, since I had thought that by then, Cathy would have been on the pill, and we could have experienced our first time making love together. When I told her I was disappointed about her going away, she snapped at me.

“Well, at least I won’t be sitting around, waiting for you to have time for me, while you play your music and practice and do all that,” she said. “It cuts both ways, remember.”

I felt pretty hurt, and reminded her that she was also away for all of the previous holidays, taking photos. Things only got worse from that point, she walked away crying, and I felt like utter crap for a few days, until we made up. That was during lunchtime on a Friday, and we both said how sorry we were for being unreasonable, and we arranged to ‘work on some photos’ that night at her place, in her darkroom.

Of course, very little photographic work got done, and it didn’t take long before Cathy suggested we make love, ‘but you’ll have to pull out before you come, it’s not a safe time for me’. That scared me, and after talking about it, we decided it wouldn’t be a good idea, and it was too risky to chance it.

“I really have to get on the pill,” she said, after we had calmed down. “Next Friday is the first day of the holidays, I’ll see about going to the Mall with Lori – I need a new bikini anyway – and I’ll call into the clinic and get them then. We aren’t leaving for Brisbane until Saturday morning, so I’ll have time. I’ll probably start taking them when my next period finishes, around the thirteenth, which means by mid-September it will be completely safe.”

“By then the weather will be warmer, too,” I said. “Do you still want to make our first time somewhere up on West Head, out in the bush?”

“I think so,” she replied. “It would be more romantic than a frantic quickie in here, wouldn’t it? I can always use the excuse of taking more photos to explain why we have to go up there. Maybe my being away over the holidays is actually a good thing; otherwise we may not be able to hold back next time.”

“Maybe you’re right,” I said. “If you hadn’t said then that it was a risky time, I would have wanted to. That would be been great, I really want to make love with you, but I want it to be special, you know. Where we can take a lot of time, and not worry about being discovered.”

We agreed that sometime around the end of September would be our first time to make love, out in the bush. We had already seen several suitable places, probably by one of the rock pools, and for Cathy to say she wanted to take some more photos up there wouldn’t arouse any suspicion.

It was a big step for us, at least it was to me, but I felt we were ready for it. I guess had Cathy already been on the pill, we would already have made love by now; this was just the latest of several occasions where Cathy had wanted to do it. So, even though she would be away over the holidays, we both had something to look forward to.


The next week, as I was leaving my maths class, Mr King pulled me to one side.

“Are you still interested in computers and programming?” he asked me.

“Well, the school is getting a computer, it should be here just after the holidays,” he continued. “Well, it’s not really a computer, not a proper one, more like a large scientific calculator that you can write programs for. But if you are interested, once it arrives I will give you the manuals and you can work on it, and see what you can make it do.”

“That would be great,” I replied. “But I really don’t know how to write programs, and the languages they use.”

“The languages aren’t the hard part,” he said. “The challenge, and the rewarding part, is designing the algorithms. If you want, read through this book over the holidays, it goes through how to approach a programming problem, splitting it up into smaller problems, and designing it logically.”

I looked at the book he gave me, “Designing Algorithms: A Heuristic Approach” looked daunting, but he assured me it was easy to read and understand. So I had a second thing to look forward to after the holidays.


Cathy and I weren’t the only couple to have a few problems. David and Gina had split up, most likely over David’s absence during the upcoming holidays. I don’t think David was all that upset, he mentioned that he was finding Gina ‘too demanding’. Gina certainly wasn’t distraught; she had latched on to Rob pretty quickly.

“Rob doesn’t know what he’s in for,” I mentioned to Cathy and Lori a few days later, seeing Gina lead him to a corner of the school grounds. “I bet he will be a shadow of his former self after the holidays.”

“She’ll fuck him to death,” Cathy said, and we all burst out laughing.

Garry and Sarah had another of their regular fights, but this was about the fourth time they had broken up since they started going out together, so that wasn’t surprising to any of us. Janice was still pining for Ron, away in Wollongong studying. None of us had the heart to tell her that he had probably found another girlfriend, and he was subtly trying to give her the message.

The last day of term finally arrived, and we were all free, at least for two and a half weeks. Cathy and David weren’t the only ones in our group who would be away; Peter Swan was going to the country with his family, and taking his girlfriend, Maria, with him, much to the relief of the rest of us. But most of us would be around; Lori, Janelle, Garry and Sarah, Janice. The next Friday the six of us would be going to Janelle’s for her birthday, even though she was turning seventeen this Saturday, so that would be fun. On the day after her party Janelle would be going to Newcastle for the second week with her mother, to visit her grandparents.

As well, Mike Franz asked me to practice with him and his group; he had heard a few of our new arrangements and wanted to try them out. So, even with Cathy away, there would still be things to do. Besides, two weeks without any schoolwork was just what I needed to relax and unwind.

As we walked out of the school gate on that last day of term, Cathy was walking beside me.

“Do you want to come over tomorrow night?” she asked. “I will show you the pills, since I will be getting them tomorrow.”

“Sure, we will have to say goodbye, too,” I said. “Are you sure you don’t want me to come along tomorrow?”

“No, Lori and I are going to do girl stuff at the mall, trying on summer clothes and swimwear, you would only get bored,” she replied.

“I don’t know, I can think of some interesting things I could do if you two were doing that,” I replied. “The two of you might need some assistance, anyway.”

“Hmmm, I just know what sort of ‘assistance’ you would want to give, too,” she said. “We would end up getting thrown out!”

“Ok, I guess so,” I replied. “But I will come over tomorrow after dinner.”

We kissed as I turned up Park Street to my house.

When I got home, I tossed my school bag in the far corner of my closet; it could sit there for the next two weeks. I sat at my desk, and looked through my diary, making a few notes to remind me of things I had on – tomorrow night with Cathy, calling Janelle on Saturday morning for her birthday, and a reminder to get her a present. Monday and Tuesday would be at Mike’s, while next Friday was Janelle’s party. I needed to do some study for the next conservatorium exam; that wasn’t until later in September, but the pieces were getting more difficult now, and I wanted to get them right.

Mid-September – that would be when Cathy and I would make love for the first time! I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking just how fantastic that would be.


A Pair of Pill Packets

August, 1974

“Here they are,” Cathy said when she had locked the darkroom door behind us.

She showed me a rectangular foil packet, with twenty-eight little pills in four rows in the packet. The underside had numbers on each pill, with arrows showing the sequence to take them in. The area where pills twenty-two to twenty-eight were had a red background.

“So that’s it?” I asked.

“Sure is,” she said. “It was so easy getting them, just an interview with a nurse, who took my blood pressure, and asked me if I was ‘sexually active’, then to see the doctor. She was really nice, and asked me why I wanted to go on the pill and stuff like that. When I told her that ‘my boyfriend and I want to make love, but we want to be safe’, she looked pleased. She told me when to start taking them, not to miss a day, and to wait until I had finished the first month before relying on them. And that was it; it didn’t cost anything because I am a student.”

“Cool, so all we have to do is wait,” I replied.

“God, I’m so sick of waiting,” she said. “I’ve wanted you to make love to me for months. But we’ve waited this long, another coupla weeks won’t hurt.”

“That gives us time to plan it properly, anyway,” I said. “I want it to be really special.”

“So do I,” she said. “But, just talking about it has got me turned on, I would want to do it right now, here – but it’s the middle of my cycle, and if you came inside me, I would get pregnant.”

“God, that would be just our luck,” I replied. “We wait this long, and on the day you get the pill, we can’t wait any longer, and, well, that’s it.”

“We can still kiss,” she said, putting her arms around my neck. “And do other things...”

Very little photography work got done after that, but we did have some very pleasurable memories to last us the two weeks we would be apart.


The next morning, after I had eaten my breakfast, I called Janelle to wish her a happy birthday. Her mother answered the phone.

“Oh, hi Ms ... Beth, Will Morris here,” I said, still not use to calling her Beth. “How are you this morning?”

“Hello Will, I’m well, thanks for asking,” she replied. “I bet you’re looking forward to a few weeks off, I know Janelle is.”

“I sure am,” I replied. “There’s just only so much stuff you can take in without your brain exploding, or stuff like that.”

Beth laughed at my comment, and continued, “Well, I guess you didn’t call to chat to me, do you want me to put Janelle on?”

“Oh, only if you don’t want to talk to me,” I said. “That’s ok, I can handle rejection.”

“Get away with you,” she said, laughing. “You might be biting off more than you can chew if you keep that up. I’ll just get her for you,” she added, and put the phone down.

I heard Beth calling for Janelle to come to the phone, and then someone picked it up.

“Hello?” Janelle said.

“Happy birthday, cutie,” I said. “How are you this morning?”

“Older,” she replied. “At least I guess I am, not that I feel any different. Thanks for remembering, though, it’s nice of you to call.”

“Well, I couldn’t let the day go without calling you,” I said. “Got any presents yet?”

“Oh, a few bits and pieces,” she replied. “And a bit later, Mum’s taking me down to Brookvale for a special present.”

“Oh?” I asked, not sure of what she meant.

“The Pill,” she whispered. “I’ll get it this morning. But it’s a week too late to start taking it today; I will have to wait until my next period to start on it. So, another six or seven weeks for us to wait, that’s not long.”

About the end of September, I thought to myself. Just a week or two after Cathy will be safe.

“And I have my driving test on Monday, so if I pass that, I’ll be able to drive,” she continued. “No more waiting for the bus, and we can go further, too.”

“That’ll be great,” I said. “Will your mum let you borrow her car?”

“I hope so,” she said. “At least some days.”

We chatted a bit longer, and then she had to get ready to go out – to get the pill. I wanted to go down the street to get her presents, so I told her I’d talk to her later.

Later that morning I was browsing through some of the albums at the record shop. Janelle’s taste in music wasn’t to my liking, but I had a good idea of some records she would like. After flicking through the records for about fifteen minutes, I finally selected two, Linda Ronstadt’s “Don’t Cry Now” and The Carpenters “Now and Then”. Not what I would listen to myself, but the present wasn’t for me.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much as usual – another good night at the Mirage, a packed room again. We could see where they were extending the dining room, so that what was originally a bar area would be combined with the main room, almost doubling the size.

On Monday and Tuesday, I played with Mike’s group at their studio, in the back of his father’s factory space. That was great fun, the main one they wanted to work up was “I Saw Her Standing There”, Mike and I worked on the duet part, sounding just enough out of tune and raucous to give it a rough edge. Their style of music was quite different to what I played with my group, but I enjoyed playing with them, and Mike gave me a standing invitation to join them anytime.

The next few days were more sedate – practising scales and classical pieces for the 6th grade piano exam. The scales in particular bored me stupid, but that, and the book of finger exercises, was important for the discipline. If I stuck to my practice, particularly over the holidays, I should get another A, I thought. I had to get the next exam out of the way soon, to give me time to pass the 7th and 8th grade exams – I needed to get them finished, and passed with a good grade to enhance my HSC score in music.

I spent some time playing the guitar, too. What had been a casual suggestion from Garry last summer, and something that was initially a ‘one off’ at the school concert became a real interest. What did surprise me was the type of music I liked to play on the guitar; old English and some contemporary folk music. I guess because it was relaxing to play – once I got the finger patterns right, the tune was repetitive – and the words had a message to them. I played some modern folk songs too; the latest I was trying to master was Donovan’s “Catch the Wind”.

By the time Friday came around, I was feeling completely relaxed. I was still disappointed that Cathy wasn’t around, and when a letter arrived for me from Brisbane, I felt a pang of loneliness when I read it. She wrote it on the Monday night, and told me that David had already hit it off with one of Roger’s cousins (there seemed to be a hundred or more of them up there!), who – surprise of surprises – had large breasts, and a sexual appetite that would put Gina to shame.

She told me how she had spent that day at the beach with some other cousins and how warm the weather was there. She hadn’t had a chance to look around the city yet, but they were planning on doing that later in the week, and how the next day (Tuesday) they were going out on yet another cousin’s boat fishing.

It sounded like she was having a good time, but I had to laugh about her description of David and Sally – the big-breasted cousin. I wondered if he had taken his supply of condoms up with him, by the sound of Cathy’s description, he would certainly need them.

After reading her letter, I still felt slightly sad she wasn’t around, but I did get a kick out of reading her descriptions – particularly of David and Sally getting acquainted. I could imagine just how David would be – subtlety was not one of his strong points and laughed to myself. I would have to remember to tease him about it when he got back.

I spent the rest of the day hanging around, not doing much. I wrapped up Janelle’s records, and wrote on the card I had bought for her, and around 4:30 walked down to the bus stop to go to her place.

I was the first guest to arrive – blame that on my dislike of being late for anything, I guess. I gave her a kiss on the cheek, and then handed her the presents and the card. To my surprise, Beth stood next to her, and leaned forward, offering me her cheek, so I did the same, giving her a rather chaste peck on the cheek. At least she went back to the kitchen to finish off preparing the food, giving me a chance to sit with Janelle before the others arrived.

As I had predicted, she loved the two records, and said she would play them later when the others had arrived.

“I’ve got something else special to show you too,” she whispered. “I can drive you home tonight, now I have my licence. That is, if you are prepared to trust me.”

“Of course I trust you,” I said to her. “And I wonder what that something special would be?” I whispered to her. “I may have another special present for you, too,” I added.

We had to end our private discussion when some of the others started to arrive; Garry and Sarah arrived at the same time as Lori, and Janice a few minutes behind.

Once Janelle had opened her presents, Beth started to serve the food and drink. Although all of us were (legally) too young to drink alcohol, she did have some champagne for all of us – well, for one glass each, anyway. One was enough for me; I had drunk it before, and couldn’t really see the attraction. But we all had a glass, and toasted Janelle.

After we had eaten, Janelle put some music on, and we all sat around, listening to the records. When she put on one of the ones I gave her – the Linda Ronstadt one – Beth joined us, saying that this was her type of music.

“Sing along for us, Mum,” Janelle told her.

“I’m not standing up and singing by myself,” Beth said. “I haven’t sung for years!”

“Sing with her, Will,” Garry cried out.

All of the others joined in, calling for us to sing together.

“Which one do you know?” I asked her.

“Silver Threads,” she said. “The third track; a good old country song, it was a bit hit back in the early 60’s.”

I cued up the track, and pulled Beth up next to the stereo with me.

“Let’s just hear the intro, and then I’ll restart it, and count us in,” I said.

Like any good country song, the intro was played on a fiddle (what else), and I got a feel for the tempo.

“Are you ready?” I asked Beth, and she nodded.

I re-cued the track, and counted us in.

I don’t want your lonely mansion with a tear in every room

All I wants the love you promised beneath the haloed moon

But you think I should be happy with your money and your name

And hide myself in sorrow while you play your cheating game

I was surprised, once she got past the first line; Beth’s voice wasn’t too bad. I had to adjust my singing a little so as not to drown her out, but we quickly fitted in well together. She got more confidence by the time the chorus started, and I could sing a little louder myself.

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine

And I dare not drown my sorrow in the warm glow of your wine

But you think I should be happy with your money and your name

And hide myself in sorrow while you play your cheating game

I let her take the second, slow line by herself, joining back in when the tune picked up again. By the time we got to the final verse, we were in full flight.

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine

And I dare not drown my sorrow in the warm glow of your wine

You can’t buy my love with money cause I never was that kind

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine

Silver threads and golden needles cannot mend this heart of mine

We both managed to hit the final high notes well, and hold them until the music stopped. All of the others clapped and cheered, wanting us to sing it again. Despite Beth’s protests, we sang the track again, this time, being more professional, and miming singing into a shared microphone.

This time, when we finished, we held each other’s hand, and did a deep bow.

“No, no more, my voice won’t take it!” Beth protested. “I’m not like Will, singing professionally week after week! Do you want a drink after that?” she asked me.

I nodded, and followed her to the kitchen

“I know you shouldn’t be drinking this, but I need a wine, and you can have one too,” she said, offering me a glass of chilled white wine. “Phew! I haven’t sung like that for ages!”

“Did you use to sing a lot?” I asked her. “You sounded pretty good for someone who hasn’t sung in a while.”

“Oh, back at nursing school, several of us would sing together,” she said. “Not like what you do, though.”

“Maybe you could do a guest spot with us one Saturday night,” I suggested.

“Oh no, I couldn’t do that, sing in front of a huge crowd,” Beth replied. “No, I just like singing for my own pleasure now. But it was fun doing it with you, Will; we should try that more often.”

We went back to the lounge room, and I sat on the sofa between Lori and Janelle. Beth sat on the floor, next to Janice, and for the next hour or two we listened to more music and talked. Beth surprised me, not just with her singing, but her knowledge of music (she was a Janis Joplin fan, hence her choice of Silver Threads). Looking at her sitting on the floor, pulling out records and talking with Garry, Sarah and Janice, it was hard to believe she was around twice our age. In fact, with the main lights low, she didn’t look as if she was in her thirties; she could have easily passed for Janelle’s older sister.

Around ten, some of the others started to get ready to go home. I suspected that Sarah really didn’t have to be home by ten-thirty, but she and Garry were still ‘making up’ from their last fight, and probably wanted to go somewhere dark and private. Lori offered to drive Janice back home, and also asked if I needed a lift home too, but I said I would help Janelle and Beth clean up first.

Actually, it only took the three of us a few minutes to clean the place up, and Janelle asked Beth if she could borrow the car to drive me home.

“Ok, you can borrow it, but be careful, you don’t know what idiots are out there on the roads on a Friday night,” she said. “And don’t be too late; we are driving up to Newcastle in the morning. Home by midnight, is that enough time?”

“Mum, Will only lives in Mona Vale,” Janelle said. “It won’t take...”

“Ok, home by 1am then,” Beth said, “and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” she added, and nudged me in the ribs. Janelle turned bright red.

“Mum, what do you think ... No, don’t say anything, it’s bad enough already!” Janelle exclaimed.

“Goodnight, you two,” Beth said, as we went to leave. “And thanks for singing with me, Will, it was fun.”

She kissed me on the cheek, and watched us as we went out the door.

“God, what does she think we are going to do?” Janelle said when we were at the bottom of the stairs. “Did you hear what she said to me? ‘Don’t get a wet spot on the seats!’ I mean, does she thing we are going to...”

“Well, we are, aren’t we?” I said. “But not tonight, though. At least she trusts us.”

“Hmmm, I think she has the hots for you, don’t you?” Janelle said.

“Me! You mum? Don’t be silly, why would she?” I said, amazed at the idea.

“Oh, just some things she has said, and things she does when you’re around,” she replied.

“Well. I don’t think so,” I said. “Besides, why would she think that way about me? I’m much too young.”

“Well, maybe I’m just imagining things,” she said. “Now, when did you have to get home? Not too early, I hope?”

I didn’t have to be home until midnight, and even if I were a bit later, there wouldn’t be a real problem; I could stretch things to half-past twelve. Janelle carefully backed out of the garage, and she drove us towards the main road.

“I wonder where Garry and Sarah have gone?” she asked as we headed up the hill towards Mona Vale. “I bet they know all the good parking places, I should ask her.”

She pulled off the main road into Hillcrest Road, and we stopped at the end, at the headland between Mona Vale and Bungan Beaches. Janelle pulled the car up to the low fence next to the public reserve on the top of the headland, and turned off the engine.

“Here, I have something to show you,” she said, and opened her bag. “See? I told you I got them.”

She passed me a foil packet, it was identical to the one Cathy had shown me.

“So, these are it? They look pretty insignificant, don’t they?” I said.

“Yeah, but it felt really funny going in last week with Mum,” Janelle explained. “She was all, I don’t know, almost as if she was doing it for herself. She told me she wished she had been able to get the pill when she was my age, and all stuff like that. Then she asked me what plans you and I had made to have sex, and how we planned to do it. Well, I couldn’t tell her what we had talked about, not to her face. I know that sounds crazy; she knows we are planning on doing it, but, well, it’s just so, I don’t know, weird or something.”

“You could always try,” I suggested. “I mean, it’s clear she knows what we have been talking about, and isn’t against it. No, seriously, I mean it,” I added, seeing her look of surprise. “You never know, she may have some suggestions or ideas. I mean, she actually took you in to the clinic to get the pill, didn’t she? So, what’s she going to say to you if you tell her that we are now going to have sex?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” she said. “But, well, it’s not easy to actually say ‘Will and I are going to have sex, what suggestions do you have about it?’ I mean, what if she says you should stay over one night, and sleep with me in my room?”

“Well, that is always one option,” I said.

“But if she was there as well, in her room, no, I couldn’t do that!” she exclaimed. “Anyway, let’s change the subject, but I will try to talk to her about it. Why don’t we get out, and go for a walk?”

It was a mild night, and we walked up the headland, towards where the scrub started, looking south over Mona Vale. Janelle leant against the back of a bench, and I wrapped my arms around her, cuddling against her back.

“I bet you haven’t felt a seventeen year old’s breasts before, have you?” she said to me.

I slid my hands inside her top, and discovered she was braless.

“I took it off when I was getting my bag, just before we left,” she said. “So, do you like seventeen year old boobs?”

I cupped a hand around each round, firm breast, and rubbed her nipples with my thumbs.

“They’re very nice, just as good as sixteen year old ones,” I replied.

“I’m glad about that,” she replied. “But I think I know some thirty-three year old breasts that would want you to do this to as well.”

“Janelle!” I exclaimed. “I’m not interested, no, not in your mother. Stop going on about it, or I’ll ... I’ll!”

“You’ll what? Ask me to take you home?” she replied. “Don’t worry, I’m just teasing you. You take the bait so easily. Besides, I don’t mind sharing you with Cathy, or even Lori; but not my mother, that’s not right. But I’m sure she would probably enjoy you doing this to her; and more besides.”

“Janelle...” I started to reply.

“Ok, ok, I’ll drop it. Besides, I want you to do a lot more tonight, before I have to take you home,” she said. “Thank you for those records, too, I really like them, although I know they’re not your style.”

“Well, it was a present for you, not me,” I said. “That’s the whole point of a present, isn’t it?”

“Except where the present is what we both want,” she replied. “Like the pill.”

I continued caressing her breasts, and Janelle squirmed, rubbing her backside against my groin. I could feel my prick starting to get erect; I would have to adjust my position soon before it became too uncomfortable.

“Oh, I love you doing that,” she sighed. “But I have to have a pee. Have you ever watched a seventeen year old woman pee for you?”

She moved forward slightly, and I pulled my hands out from under her top. Janelle turned around, and pulled her skirt right up around her waist, showing me that she had also removed her panties before leaving home as well. She leant back against the bench, and spread her legs apart.

“There should be enough light here for you to see me piss,” she said. “I’ve been saving it up all night, and I’m pretty full. Is the back of my skirt clear?”

I looked behind her, and pulled the very bottom of her skirt up from behind her bum, and she re-gathered it together.

“Now, can you see it clearly here? Maybe if I move to the end of the bench, and turn so I’m more towards that street light?” she said. “You can kneel down to one side and look up at my pussy if you want, I promise not to spray you. But you will have to let me hold you while I piss, ok?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.