The Demise of a Dour Man - Cover

The Demise of a Dour Man

Copyright© 2014 by Kaffir

Chapter 12

Later that evening, having woken up they went and found an evening meal, Aberdeen Angus beef, which was delicious.

"Back to baked beans on toast tomorrow," said David ruefully.

"Has it been a very expensive week apart from my lovely ring?"

"Pretty but I'm hoping for a small rise in salary having successfully completed three months with Blakely Engineering but then it's Christmas in a couple of weeks' time. My fiancée has very expensive tastes."

Moira blew him a raspberry and they both smiled happily at each other.

They were on the road by half past eight the following morning and home by five. Moira wandered round their little cottage touching things and smiling happily.

"Home, home, home," she said taking David's hands. "At long last alone again with my beloved in our own little love nest."

"Do you think it needs reminding?"

She nodded, her eyes shining with anticipation. He freed his hands and, taking her by the waist, hoisted her up in the air. Her arms went round his neck. He transferred his hands to underneath her bottom and carried her up to their bedroom where he laid her gently on the bed and started to tenderly kiss her face and ears. His hands were busy with the buttons of her blouse. He moved to her neck and shoulders.

"Wait!" she gasped and struggled to reach her bra catch. She shrugged it and her blouse off.

David went back to work making gentle love with hands, lips and tongue. While doing so he managed to undo her jeans and in due course slipped them off before quickly stripping himself. He returned his tender attention to Moira. He raised her to three crescendos before entering her equally gently. He brought her up to one more before letting his own excitement get the better of him.

Not a word was said as they lay quietly in each other's arms and he stroked her hair and she toyed with the hairs on his chest. At long last she raised her head and their eyes met. They smiled simultaneously at each other. Moira pulled herself up him and very, very gently kissed his lips before resuming eye contact.

"And now I'm truly happy and whole again," she whispered.

David nodded. "Me too."

She kissed him softly again.

At last they both got up. They found a lasagne in the freezer which they could cook a bit later. David poured them both a drink.

"I promised to ring Mum," he said.

They sat together on the sofa while he did so. Caroline listened in silence as he told her all that had happened.

"Are you there, Moira sweety?" she asked finally.

"Yes, Caroline."

"It really has been a horrible week for you but I think it's the best possible outcome."

"So do I although I'm still a bit unhappy about leaving Mum."

"I can understand but I think her specialist was right. At least you will have the memory of her pleasure at your engagement."

"Yes."

"And, sweety, I marvel at your bravery. You're a very special girl and David is a very lucky boy. Now, when are we going to see you?"

"Saturday?" She looked questioningly at David who nodded happily. "We want to talk to you about the wedding."

"Ooh yes! Would you be able to make lunch and then leave again on Sunday afternoon?"

David nodded again.

"Yes. Perfect."

"Good. We'll look forward to that. Goodbye till then, my dears."

Friday was spent cleaning up the house, three weeks worth of dust, and replenishing the larder, all of which was interspersed with happy smiles, passing touches and frequent little kisses.

When they sat down at lunchtime Moira said, "You know I ought to see if there's a chance of getting my job back."

David nodded. "Yes indeed."

"How do you think I ought to go about it? Ring, write or go round there?"

"Ring and see if the head would like you to go over and talk about it. They'll be breaking up at any minute for the Christmas hols."

"Oh wow! So they will. I'll do it this afternoon."

She rang and got Mr Broad's secretary. "Moira!" she exclaimed. "Great to hear you. How are you?"

"Well thanks, Sandy. My problems are over and I was wondering whether Mr Broad was prepared to take me back having missed almost all of my first term."

"He's out at Games at the moment. I'll ask him to ring you when he gets back probably about quarter to four. Is that all right?"

"Perfect. Thanks. Hope I see you soon."

"Me too. 'Bye, Moira."

Mr Broad rang right on time. "Moira, welcome home! I gather everything is sorted. The last time we spoke things seemed pretty dire."

"Yes and I'm afraid it's still not an entirely happy ending. My father had a second and fatal heart attack on Tuesday and my mother is going to be in permanent psychiatric care but at least I'm free. Free to marry my now fiancé and free to start work again."

"Oh dear. That is sad but overall I imagine you're pleased it's over."

"Yes. More than pleased because at last I've felt free to become engaged and that has given me enough happiness to overcome the rest of it."

"Good. Now, Sandy tells me that you were wondering if I was prepared to take you back. The answer is a resounding yes. We've missed you. Your first three weeks were impressive. Now there's no point in your coming back for what's left of this term but you can start again with us on 15th January. You can have Second Form back again too."

Moira was unable to contain herself. "Yes!" she almost screamed. "Oh thank you, Mr Broad. Thank you. Thank you."

Mr Broad chuckled. "One of the things that impressed me from the start was your enthusiasm. Now, could you pop in for a couple of hours next week to discuss next term's syllabus and for me to give you an update on your charges?"

"Of course I can. Would you like me to make an appointment with Sandy?"

"Do that, Moira, and I look forward to seeing you."

"Same here and thank you very, very much for taking me back."

"The feeling's mutual, my dear, and I also look forward to meeting your fiancé in the fullness of time. I'll switch you through to Sandy."

"I knew he'd take you back," giggled Sandy when Moira told her. "How about Wednesday at the same time?"

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.