Student Assistance - Cover

Student Assistance

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 32

I hadn’t seen Karen for four days. We had talked by phone but it wasn’t the same. I missed looking into her eyes, feeling her body next to mine at night, and seeing her smile. I was ready for the wedding. We all were together to rehearse since it was a double wedding. Pastor Jim said, “Who comes down first?”

Melissa said, “Karen will make the call. She and Brad started this joy. As long as I get there and Paul is there, I will be happy.” Everyone laughed.

Karen smiled and said, “I understand. I want to nail Brad down. I will go first. I want to watch Melissa as she comes down the aisle to Paul. Both of us made big, different steps to get to this point. It truly will be a celebration of love.”

Pastor Jim’s wife, Marie, was helping organize things. She said, “Very well, that sets the order.” She went over the assignments and order and everyone followed her instructions. Paul’s mother was present and seemed to be a changed person. His father had allowed her return to the house and, according to Paul, was planning to dismiss the divorce case. Melissa’s mother looked good with a healthy glow to her skin. According to Jacob, she was doing well, also.

We had finished going over our duties and the order of things and were preparing to depart for the rehearsal dinner at the Tokyo House when a quiet voice came from the back. “Karen, may I wish you and Brad my congratulations. I can’t be at the wedding tomorrow.”

It was Lisa! Karen ran back to her and hugged her tightly. I joined them and wrapped my arms around them both. Karen exclaimed, “Lisa, you’re looking good! I’m glad you came.”

“I go into hiding tomorrow again but have my escort tonight to give me the opportunity to talk to you and give you my wish that you enjoy your life together. I am happy for the two of you. At one time, I had imagined being in your place, Karen, but I was never the right one for Brad. You are. I know you will give each other the happiness that you both deserve.” She kissed each of us on the cheek and hugged us. With tears in her eyes, she left the church.

Karen and I had our arms around each other’s waist as we watched her leave.

My mom came up behind us. She said, “That was Lisa!”

I said, “She came to wish us joy. She goes into witness protection in the morning.”

Karen said, “I hope she finds joy in her life. She’s not a bad person.”

Melissa and Paul joined us. “Karen, you would find something good to say about anyone.”

“Not really. She’s learned her lesson and it was a hard one. We can cut her some slack.”

Everyone else came up. Mister Thompson said, “Let’s go eat! They are saving a special room for our party.”

Karen, Melissa, Paul, and I went in my car. Melissa said, “Karen, did you ever imagine you would be riding in this car to your rehearsal dinner.”

“I had hoped so after that first Sunday. By then, I had decided that I would go anywhere with Brad.

“Now, we’re going on our honeymoon in it tomorrow!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.