A Glimpse Through the Mist of Time
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2013 by Texrep

I enjoyed Brian's writing although I thought it somewhat fanciful. Bella was in tears when she finished reading. "I feel so much for Adelaide." She declared. "Finding love with the man she couldn't have and yet devoting her life to him." She stopped and looked at me. "When we are married we must go up to the old house and tell them." I must have looked as if she had lost her senses. "If we kept Bees we would have to tell them, it's sort of the same thing." I shrugged my shoulders, to me it sounded ridiculous, but if that is what Bella wants, I shall humour her.

I had of course gone to see Andy asking him for permission to marry his daughter. He sighed resignedly. "I appreciate your asking, Daniel, but you have to understand that my permission or not is completely superfluous. Bella will do whatever she wants."

"Well yes, Andy, however I would like to know if you have any objection?"

He shook his head and one hand wafted. "Objection? Of course not. Bella gets happy and I at last get someone with whom I can have serious conversation." He changed the topic suddenly. "Your girl Tina came to see me. I was amazed! Are you sure she isn't one of those hackers we read about?"

I laughed. "No. She's a devil for getting information. She once worked for a solicitor, doing conveyancing and she knows her way around the Land Registry site and associated sites. If you want to know who owns what, Tina will find it for you." I paused for a brief moment. "Thinking about it, I wouldn't put it past her to hack."

"No wonder you are successful."

"Please, Andy. Do not ever mention that to Tina. I get enough flak from her already, I don't need more."

Andy laughed. "And you are getting Bella now. Your life is going to be a constant struggle with both of them around."

"Don't I know it."

Lily had given Tina the name of a surgeon recommended by her reconstructive surgeon and she had a consultation and for the last few days she had been in hospital. Before going she had demanded that Bella and I would not marry until she was back and could attend the wedding, "with my new tits!" We had decided to get married at the Registry Office in Braintree. Neither of us was particularly religious and with deference to Andy, it may have been embarrassing for him as he couldn't have walked Bella down the aisle. So it was when Tina returned from her operation our wedding was a double celebration. The reception was at 'Bon Vivant' where Tina gave me a particularly close hug, saying, "I can get closer to you now I haven't got all that mammary stuff in front of me."

I took Bella away to Paris for our honeymoon. We did all the sights, the Louvre, the Tuileries, the Eiffel Tower, a moonlight cruise along the Seine and at Bella's insistence took in the show at the Folies Begere. That night she bemoaned her lack of bosom compared with some of the bare-breasted dancers on stage. It took me some very delightful time to prove that what she had was as sensitive as any and that I loved what she had. It was all very exciting, although for me sitting at one of the many pavement restaurants, sipping coffee and just watching Paris go by was the best. I could certainly take to the boulevardier life.

We returned to quite a backlog of work, me to deal with property and Bella to exercising horses. Andy had a very good mare, from an excellent sire, and with his mare coming into season he was looking for a stallion to serve her. Thus Bella was quite busy seeking the right stallion. She was also making sure that her personal stallion performed if not every night but regularly. I needed another few hours of sleep some mornings, whereas Bella was seemingly energised by her nights of passion. It was therefore some weeks before Bella decided that we should walk up to the site of the old house. I was somewhat self-conscious at the idea, Bella however deemed that our telling the spirits of my family was important.

The weather had been for some days inclement, with dark clouds full of rain rolling in from the west and much of that rain fell upon us. Eventually the skies cleared as high pressure gradually banished the depression to our Nordic neighbours of Denmark and Norway. We set out early, although the dew had already been burned off by the sun. As we climbed the hill the warmth of the sun together with our exertions made me wish that we had brought some water. However we gained the top of the hill and rested gathering our breathing to a semblance of normality. The view, whilst nothing to compare with the West Country, Wales or the northern counties of England was good enough to make one stop and think. When before I had come up to the ruins of the old house I had sensed something; a feeling of being cut off from the surroundings. It was something like when you got water in your ears and your hearing appears to be coming through a muffle. At that moment Bella hugged me, her smile bringing my smile in return. "Ok, Mrs. Chandler. You have got me here now what do you intend to do?"

Suddenly she was crestfallen. "I don't know." She cried plaintively. "I had this idea of telling them that we are married and that I am almost sure I am already pregnant." That was news to me but before I could say anything she went on. "Now having got here, I don't know what to say or do."

"Well, let's deal with that in a moment. You think you are pregnant?"

She smiled. "I am pretty certain. Do you mind, Daniel?"

"Of course not. In fact I would be surprised if you were not pregnant, considering the frequency you attack me."

Bella pouted. "So you don't like it?"

"On the contrary, I am not complaining at all."

"Good. I like it too. Tina says that Aleksy is getting more amorous since she had the reduction. I thought men liked big boobs?"

"Every man is different. For me, you are perfect. Just think about it, when you are sixty or so your pretty boobs will still be pert. They will not be hanging around your waist and I will find as much pleasure with them as I do now."

"Hmm. Pretty boobs? What are you trying for now?"

"Well we are alone and no one will see us."

"Dirty man!" Yet she smiled as she unbuttoned her blouse.

Alfresco love-making is good, but be careful you do not roll over into the stinging nettles. We agreed to rub lotion on each other once we were back at the Dower House. Bella giggled as we walked down the hill. "I suppose the treatment could be as interesting as the cause."

"Well you did get stung in some interesting places." We left leaving the ruins.

"Well it seems that Chetford is in good hands."

"Yes, Danbury. Although I thought it was the girl who was in good hands, but yes, he has your looks and your sense of duty." Danbury turned and addressed the older man standing near with a woman on his arm. They were both dressed in Edwardian style. "I think he gets that from you, Father." He stopped and examined those words. "I still find it odd to address you thus."

The older man laughed. "No more than for me to hear you call me so, Danbury. But no, I disagree. I was a steward. I cared for an estate that came down to me in inheritance. I had little to do except pass it on to the next generation intact. This young man, Daniel has used what little he was willed and built an edifice. It would be impudent of me to offer advice to such a man, indeed I would be in awe of him."

The woman hanging on his arm looked up to him with love. "As I am of you my darling Rupert. Every time I look at you my heart flutters and I thank Heaven for sending you to me."

"Do you know, Adelaide. That is exactly how I feel when I look at you."

"Flatterer!"

"No so, my dear. I tell the truth."

The three were joined by another woman, whose features were still forming. Danbury held out his hand. "Bella, you have joined us."

"I find it strange to effect this transformation."

"Well you are not as used to it as we." Remarked Adelaide.

"I do find it strange, still. Do we never grow old?"

"How can we?" Rejoined Rupert. "We have the fortune of choosing what age we appear. And I have to say you have chosen very well. Rumour was that you were a beauty and the whispers were correct. Danbury is extremely lucky."

"Not so lucky as Daniel and my great niece. Did you not see them? Rolling around and clothed as nature formed us. If I were alive I think I would have blushed."

"They did seem to enjoy themselves though." Adelaide offered. "My mind recalled such times myself."

"Mama!"

"Oh Danbury. How do you think you were born? You were created with love ... And with a great deal of pleasure. If you had survived, you and Bella would have discovered the pleasure yourselves."

Rupert interrupted. " We should be less open now. I believe that Robert is joining us."

Robert did appear. He had always been a solemn boy and man and even now he reflected that disposition with a dour face. Danbury was the first to greet him. "Robert! Why the glum face? We were discussing the success of your great grandson."

"Oh I am happy for him, but to choose Chetford? This hateful place. He could have bought anywhere. Why Chetford?"

"Robert." Rupert chided him. "Daniel does not know the history, indeed he didn't even know that the estate he bought was Chandler land. However he is over-writing the bad things and creating a new story. He's married the Swinson girl and they are obviously very happy."

"And she is pregnant!" Added Adelaide.

"Pregnant?" Danbury said the word which was on all the other's lips.

"Did you not hear her? "Adelaide asked. "She said she was pregnant."

Robert cheered up. "Forgive my gloom. I was too much in the past. You are right, Papa. A child eh? He is writing a new chapter. Hopefully a much happier story than ours."

"I wish I could have done more for you, my sons. And it would make me most happy if he could know the truth of his parentage." Rupert sounded quite melancholy.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.