Through a Glass Dimly, Book 3 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 3

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 17

Laura's birth was joyous event. It was easy on Lisa. Doc Fincher even commented that it was one of the easiest he had ever overseen. I was able to hold our daughter in my arms as she said, "Hi, dad. It's bright out here." Those words were in my mind. Out loud, she just made baby sounds. That surprised Doc since she was obviously trying to communicate. Also, her eyes tracked! I gave her to her mother after kissing them both. Lisa said, "Hello, Laura. Welcome to the world. There are a lot of people who want to see you."

Laura made happy cooing sounds out loud. In our minds we heard, "Wow, mom! You're more beautiful than I thought you would be. I love you and dad. I'm so happy to be here and with you."

The nurses went through the typical series of chores to get mother and daughter ready to meet their public. We had Paul and Linda, Pam, Frank, and Frankie, Karen and John, and Jenna all there when I came out. Lisa and Laura were wheeled into their room. We had a suite. I have found that there are times for money to talk!

As soon as the three of us were in, the rush started! Lisa held Laura who was introduced to each person and responded to all with partners mentally. The news had spread and people were gathering. Mentally I said, "Ladies, it's going to be busy today. Just be braced."

In my head, I heard Laura say, "Frankie, this is not the time to make a fuss. We have plenty of time. I just want to look at you and then we can talk later." Frank lifted his son saying, "Laura, this is my son, Frankie. I think you and he will be friends as your parents are with us."

Linda and Paul took turns holding her and talking to her. They told her how happy they were that she came into the world. They had been waiting for her to arrive along with many other people.

Karen and John were next with Karen holding Laura and John embracing both of them. They spoke not a word out loud though the three were talking mentally. Laura just cooed out loud but spoke to everyone mentally as she had while still in Lisa's womb. She was given back to me to hold and I did so proudly.

Lisa looked at me and I nodded. I said, "Jenna, please lead us in prayer."

She did and gave thanks for the new life present today naming Laura. She asked God's blessing on all here and on all families represented here as well. The room echoed with amen's including those of our partners. One of the nurses had started to come in but stopped for the prayer and added her amen to the rest. She and another nurse then came in and said, "We need to check the vital signs of mother and daughter. Once we have accomplished that, we can get back out." The group parted and they came in and made their measurements. They said that everything looked fine and left.

So many people came to see us that I forgot some of them. I was glad that Linda had brought a guest book and had gotten everyone to sign it. It was nice to have a record.

It was an exhausting, but joyously happy day. Everyone from CME caravanned over leaving the place deserted for a few hours. I didn't care and Lisa was thrilled to see them. A good portion of CIC came the same way. Annie just closed down C and C's office. Everyone came over and then went about any appointments they had. Pam was staying here and Annie did, too.

Doc Fincher wanted Lisa and Laura stay overnight. We stayed in the suite with Laura in a crib and me slipping into the bed with Lisa. The next morning, after going through the usual hassle of leaving a hospital, we left for home pulling in before lunch. We were greeted by Karen and John. Linda and Paul came over a few minutes later with Pam and Frankie arriving at the same time.

It was a fun time and Laura was mentally talking to everyone. She admitted that she was frustrated about not being able to control her body even to talk. Lisa fed her lunch, burped her, and put her in her crib to sleep. The crib was large enough and Frankie was allowed to get in with her.

We talked and gazed upon the two tiny children. Actually, neither child was tiny. Laura came out at nine pounds even and ate regularly in her first twenty-four hours of life outside the womb. Her body wanted to either eat or sleep right now. Her mind was being controlled by her body right now and Lightgazer said to her to just let it go for a few days and get stronger.

It was a quiet, enjoyable day. Lisa would be home the rest of the week and all of next. She was already feeling good and was walking. She had exercised during her pregnancy as much as Doc Fincher said was permissible. Most women would be thrilled to look as good now but she wanted her flat tummy back. She and Stargazer were working together to get her body to feel correctly. She said that having a partner did make getting her body back in shape.

By Sunday when we took Laura to church, she was almost back in her looser before pregnancy clothes. She was wearing one of her short skirts and a blouse. She was nursing so her breasts were larger. We brought Laura into our class and all the kids went nuts over her. Karen and John stood back because they spent time with her all week. Finally, she was in a lap next to Frankie. He laid his hand on her arm gently. Taylor was holding Laura and said, "Isn't that cute."

Frankie said, "My girl. Laura is my girl." Laura cooed but didn't move her arm.

Taylor's eyes got big but she didn't tense up. Pam taught the class though it was a short lesson with the girls asking questions of both Pam and Lisa. Both ladies talked freely about the changes that had taken place in their bodies. Karen said, "I want to get married and have children but in that order and in years not real soon." The other girls echoed that sentiment.

Lisa said, "In a year or so, we're going to give her a little brother. In the meantime, we'll practice." I blushed and the kids had a good laugh as they realized what she meant.

We dismissed and headed toward Lisa's parents and the sanctuary. I overheard a woman about our age say to another, "It's just not fair. She looks that good and it hasn't been a week." I heard the other agree as I passed out of earshot.

Jenna had the three of us stand. She said, "The Chambers are celebrating the addition of Laura who arrived this week. Lisa, turn around and show her off. She's a beautiful baby." Lisa did. I just stood there being proud of my wife and daughter. She turned to face me and I kissed her and then our daughter. The sanctuary almost exploded with applause. It was one of those happy days that you treasure as you look back on your life.

Monday saw me at work at CME coordinating. The company almost ran itself but, as I thought about it, the decisions that I made and the encouragement I spread were important and part of the company's culture. Lisa was full of questions when I got home. I quickly realized that she wasn't going to take two weeks off but would be back at work next Monday. She would have to keep Laura with her because she was breast-feeding. She had time during her workday and the private office that made it easy. I was right and she went with me that week as she got out to talk to every single employee.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.