Through a Glass Dimly, Book 3
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Our time was full but enjoyable. Mitch was ahead of his plans for sales. We funded his need for inventory as a loan but the company was running smoothly. He did hire a couple of guys from CME along with many others. As the character of the company changed from a steel supplier to an electronics supplier and a builder and servicer of electronic controls, the needs were different from the old Olsen's. He and Melody made a good team. Within three months, he had twenty people working for CIC and they turned a first monthly profit with a celebration party. Lisa and I came by often to cheer everyone on.

Other things were happening, too.

Karen and John were sleeping together at one or the other of their parents' houses regularly but had yet to consummate their coupling by coupling [couldn't resist that play]. On the youth front also, Lois was still bringing Jeremy with her to church. There seemed to be a genuine liking between them.

Jenna is engaged. It was another month before she asked Brian to stay the night with her. He had been patient and didn't push. Even then, he let things progress at Jenna's speed. Jenna told Lisa that he was so wonderful that she entered into the sexual part of their relationship without feeling pressure but was confident in his love. Her first time was in full connection through their partners. She told Lisa that she and Brian were almost rendered unconscious by the experience! She further admitted that she had gone from being an iceberg to hot for Brian's body every time they had the opportunity.

They would be married in two weeks. Brian had no church home other than our church. Jenna's parents were willing to let her marry in our church where she was serving. She had little connection with her hometown now. They would have an almost two week honeymoon though only skipping the Sunday right after their wedding and the next.

She made a beautiful bride and both radiated a joy that was contagious. Their honeymoon was to the mountains of North Carolina. She confided in Lisa that they had no plans to be outside for the first few days. She told Lisa that she feels almost wanton with Brian loving his body and everything they do with each other.

The other interesting item was Frankie.

He began to talk very early and using whole sentences! Starcheer said that he should have his own partner. Pam and Frank invited us over for supper and to talk. Frankie joined in the discussion! He regularly talked to Starcheer. While there, Stargazer talked with him through Starcheer and directly. We could hear the thoughts passing. I had figured Frankie was smart but, with the head start from Starcheer, he was making the most of that intelligence.

Lisa and I agreed that a partner would be acceptable. The only comment I had was that we needed to be careful and watchful. This would set a precedent that might not be wise in all situations.

A soft white light appeared and a voice announced, "I am Lightcheer. I would partner with the child, Frankie." The light hovered over Frankie. "Hello, Frankie, would you have me as your partner?"

Frankie's baby voice said, "Yes, welcome Lightcheer." His eyes rolled as Lightcheer made deep contact with him. "Yes!" He was excited. "Mom, I need to go to bed and get used to Lightcheer."

Pam was a bit shaken but took her son to bed. She came out moments later. "They are talking mentally! I can see it in his eyes. I have the feeling this is going to be scary, good but scary."

We enjoyed our evening. When we arrived at home, Lisa said, "When do you want to start a family?"

"I hate to say it but wait six months and then I will start trying to get you pregnant. Until then, I hope you will let me practice my technique!"

"That sounds good. I want us to get a lot of practice, too." She grinned. I grinned back. We went to bed and practiced.

Frankie is standing and taking steps. His talking has improved and our new secretary, Red Fred's wife, Annie, loves him and dotes on him as he was another of her grandchildren.

Annie is a great lady and we enjoy having her around. Lisa wants to offer them an alien soon. I said, "Don't be disappointed if they turn you down. They don't seem to need anyone but the people they love and those that their outreach encompasses."

Since we had begun to talk about children, Lisa began thinking about CME operating without her. I said, "Love, Pam does well with Frankie working here and taking him with her when she has to go out from the office. I think you can do the same. Mitch is doing fine at CIC and CME needs your hand on the wheel even though you, as you say, don't do anything."

"Well, I don't. I'm not really an engineer. I can't work the metal or do any of the other things. I can't even do the jobs of the ladies working with Angela."

I said, "That's all true but doesn't describe what you do. You are the one where it all ties in to be a single entity. You bring the company together and you may be the only person really difficult to replace there.

"Linda and Nolan know you'll make calls with them. Janet knows you can and will talk to vendors. Angela has your support and the guys in the shop adore you. You will get out there and crawl over a new piece of equipment eagerly and thoroughly. They know you look at everything that goes out the door and they want you to be happy with each shipment. The engineering guys know you will insist they understand what they are doing and can explain it in normal, everyday terms. You are CME's generalist and you're everywhere."

She said, "Okay, Al. You've convinced me for now." She smiled. "Let's practice making a baby again." She chuckled as she gripped me and pulled me into her depths. Our loving was intense and noisy.

Time seemed to be flying by. CIC was prospering; CME needed to expand again. C and C was doing better than I wanted it to do. Pam and I both needed to hire people to take care of our overflow work. Pam could find some young creative minds but I was having problems. I called Paul and arranged to meet him for lunch.

We met at the club and were seated in the dining room in a quiet spot. Paul said, "I appreciate lunch but you have something on your mind. Lightweaver told me."

"Actually, I have two things to mention. Lisa is talking to Linda and I'm to tell you. We've practiced long enough. We 're going to try to give the two of you a grandchild."

Paul's eyes misted over. "We will be looking forward to that. I thought you might wait another few months."

"Lisa and I talked about it and are taking the step now rather than later. You know what they call people who wait to have children until they can afford them and the time is right?" I chuckled. "Childless! We decided that things wouldn't get better or us younger. Lisa's biggest problem was CME but I've convinced her that she can handle it unless she really wants to stay home.

"That leads me to my next issue. We need some backup at CME but I hope we can find that person internally. I have a problem at C and C because I have more business than I can handle. Pam's already hired two to help her and I need at least one. Where do you look for people with engineering skills and good analytical ability?"

Paul was reflective. "Have you tried raising your prices?"

"Yes, twice. That's a double-edged sword. I want to help people who need it not just those who can afford it. If I go up again, I will price my services too high for them."

"I guess I need to ask you what you want to do with C and C. When you began, it was mostly going to be a vehicle for your investments with a little consulting on the side. What do you want the company to be?"

"I think I have lost the way and perhaps mine. Lisa loves running CME and she's good at it. I didn't how she would do in a downturn but she is doing things along with your wife that astonish me regarding sales."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.