A New App for My iPad - Cover

A New App for My iPad

Copyright© 2013 by Levi Charon

Chapter 7

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Ever wonder if there's another universe out there somewhere? Our character is invited to visit 'Another Place' and discovers things he would never have dreamed of. His body and mind undergo incredible changes to prepare him for - who knows?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, sci-fi another universe story

Margaret, Hex and I sat on the floor around the low table sipping on a replicated wine that was actually quite good. Margaret and I were still recovering from Uki-uki-sunni's remarks and were feeling overwhelmed by the scope of the task ahead of us. I'd thought - no, I'd hoped somehow there would already be a plan in place. The assumption was that we'd serve as some kind of communications go-betweens but that mostly we'd be held up as shining examples of the wonders of advanced technology. While I couldn't disagree with a single thing the Council Representative said regarding human failings, it never occurred to me that my home world would have to heal itself to have access to that technology. I guess I expected it to be done for us.

Either Hex had tons of experience with such issues or she was reading our minds. She reached over and patted my hand, saying, "The idea is to not think about what a huge job lies ahead but to begin focusing on the specific tasks. Obviously, the first one is to identify and recruit appropriate individuals among your people to get the ball rolling. I'd recommend you arrange a convention of representatives from the academic communities around the world way before you involve any government types. If you can discreetly spread the knowledge among multiple institutions, no single government can tag it as a security risk and clamp an official lid on it. Once the cat is out of the bag, populations around your world will begin demanding action. You know from your own experience that the media can be counted on to fan the flames."

I had a question for Margaret. "Why would governments want to suppress this kind of knowledge anyhow?"

"Think about it, Brent," she explained, "Knowledge is power. That's an old sociological maxim and it's always proven to be true. Government is about control and anything they don't own, like information, they can't control. Their natural inclinations will be to feed the masses what they think is in their best interests."

"Hex," she continued, "As soon as the word is out in the academic world, the feds are going to know about it. Most colleges and universities have at least some dependence on government funding."

"Of course they will. That's why you want to discreetly get the invitation out to a few physical and social scientists in as many countries as possible. You can't just send out a blanket invitation and you can't let them know what it's about ahead of time. You need to start with people you trust who can then quietly spread the word to people they trust. Of course, it will have to happen in a relative short period of time to minimize the chance of leaks getting out to the wrong people. The more international the list of attendees, the less likely the various governments will agree on any kind of censorship programs in time to even slow us up once we demonstrate what is possible."

"How do you plan to do that?"

"You're going to show them, but first things first, Margaret. I'd suggest you start with a list of very influential leaders in the sciences and humanities whose opinions are going to be listened to. For instance, I wonder what a certain theoretical physicist confined to a wheelchair would think of the possibility of being regenerated with a strong, healthy body and an even more brilliant mind."

Margaret and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Hex, Margaret and I would like to be left alone for a while to write up a list of questions for tomorrow's meeting. Will you excuse us?"

She stood and touched each of our shoulders on her way to the door. "Good idea! I'll see you both at the meeting tomorrow morning. Happy scheming!"

As soon as the door closed behind her I took Margaret's hand and said, "Uh, I don't know about you but I think much more clearly when I'm not feeling horny."

"Ditto!"


The next morning when we were all settled around the table, Uki-uki-sunni nodded to Margaret and me and said, "We are ready to hear your views regarding the conditions outlined yesterday."

Margaret stood and dipped her head in a slight bow to the Council representative. "I will begin by saying Brent and I have no objection at all to the ultimate aims as expressed by Representative Uki-uki-sunni. We do, however, have some concerns regarding procedure. It is our opinion that once the objectives have been made known to Earth's citizens, the sooner they can be shown some light at the end of the incredibly long and complex tunnel laid out before them, the less they will feel overwhelmed by the scope of the task. While ultimatums may well be necessary to motivate certain government bodies into action, they are likely to cause resistance and even insurrection among the general populous. As a species, we prefer being led to being pushed."

The council representative considered her comments for a few moments before responding. "To my knowledge, we have never run across a sentient species whose response to pressure was any different than humans. Margaret, the word 'ultimatum' implies pressure with possible dire consequences for failure to comply. That has not been our practice nor is it applicable in this instance. The council has outlined certain conditions to be met in order for your world to be represented at the council. Those conditions are designed to prevent humankind from moving further along the pathway to worldwide disaster upon which it is currently traveling. Of course we have concerns about the methods employed to meet our requirements but we do not intend to intervene in any way without a specific request from Earth's governing bodies. It will be the work of you and those you recruit to determine how this will be done. Hex will remain with you as an advisor. What's more, you may access The Central Council at any time to seek further assistance.

"Margaret, you were selected because of your knowledge of how Earth's social structures work and how they can be expected to react to this new knowledge and the conditions to be met. The Council is anxious to see Earth join our ranks but we will do nothing to manipulate it into doing so. Does that adequately explain our position?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.