Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2
Chapter 19

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

I said, “Karen, John, what do you expect us to say?”

John said, “Not really say anything, we just want you there to keep our parents from going ballistic. They know this talk is coming. Having you there will force them to think rather than react. We don’t want them to say something we would all regret.”

Karen added, “It’s not like we’re going to give them a choice though we would prefer to have their consent even if it’s reluctant. John and I love each other and have thought it through. I know my dad. He will need to be steadied and my mom will be surprised by our announcement. Just being there, you will be a steadying influence. That is also John’s thought about his parents though it’s easier for the parents of a guy.”

I pulled my gaze from her to my wife on the seat next to me as she sat between me and the two of them on the other love seat. “Why do I have the feeling that I’ve been had?”

Lisa leaned back against me. I saw the teens relax. Lisa said, “I guess it’s because you have. I knew this day was coming since we introduced Karen and Glimmer. Glimmer told her that we jumped the gun. I bet Brightmist told John.”

John said, “Actually, Glimmer told me, too. We talk to each other’s partner all the time. We all four talk together a lot.”

I said, “Shit!”

Lisa looked surprised. “You two talk to each other’s partner?”

John said, “Sure. You could, too, with someone you really care about. Missus Pam or your mother would let you talk directly to their friends.”

Lisa said, “Would you let Brightmist talk to me directly?”

John said, “Sure.” He looked reflective for a moment. “Call him.”

Mentally, she made contact with me and called Brightmist. “Brightmist, do you feel my mind.”

It wasn’t the strong presence of Stargazer though I could feel his presence with Lisa’s but I felt a new presence. “Missus Lisa, I am John’s friend, Brightmist.”

Suddenly, another female voice was in my mind, “Missus Lisa, I am Coolbeam. I know you from Karen’s mind. Thank you for listening to us. Please help our friends. Have Stargazer examine their bond. Let him talk through your mind and Al’s.”

I could hear them, too. We were all seven of us, four humans and three aliens, in mental communication. I could look at the kids’ minds and could see their bond to each other. It was a different picture than my mind had ever seen.

I felt Stargazer’s presence strongly and he showed us our bond to each other. It looked big and strong even more than its ends. His voice was in our minds. Your bond is stronger than either of you or even the two of you together but alone. Your bond is also connected to so many people and those tendrils strengthen your bond even more. If you follow this visual line, it goes from your bond to each of Karen and John’s. Their bond is strengthened by their connection to you.”

Lisa and I could and did follow our connection and tendrils to their bond. We could each feel the deep love and devotion they had for each other. We could feel the love they also have for us. I traced a line from Karen to her parents’ bond and saw another from her to John’s parents. I saw John’s bonds to both his parents and Karen’s parents. I relaxed my mind to bring my mind to its normal state. I leaned back and felt Lisa do the same. Karen and John had been holding each other tightly but were relaxing though still embracing.

I looked at Lisa who looked back and smiled gently. I feel her mentally say, “We ought to support them, love.” I nodded back. Out loud, she said, “We will be present with you but we will need to talk to your parents before we have that discussion. What we saw today from Stargazer and your partners will probably need to be seen by both your parents.”

They nodded slowly like they were seeing some of that, too. John said, “We trust you. I think you know us better in some ways better than our parents but we would like them to see us that way.”

I said, “How soon do we have to plan this?”

Karen said, “Not too long. I really want to be with John.”

Lisa said, “Karen, John, I’m going to say to each of you about the other the same thing that Al said to me one time. Are you sure? Once you give John your virginity and John once you give Karen your virginity, you can’t take it back. It’s forever. For a man, it’s a feeling. For a woman, it’s a physical thing as well and represents so very much. Think about it for a week, talk to each other a lot, and, if you still feel the same way, then we will help you talk to your parents.

“In any event, we’ll see you tomorrow for Sunday school.”

They left walking out one of the paths hand in hand. After they were out of hearing, I said, “Lisa, you know that all we did was buy a week.”

“Yes, but it gives us some time to approach Karen’s parents, particularly Jack. All four of them are smart. They know this is coming just not when. You also saw the bond. That is a strong bond for two so young.”

“I agree but, Al, that’s Jack’s ‘little girl’ and he is naturally protective of her. My dad was a little cool when we happened and I was over ten years older when we dropped our bomb on them. Granted, they made lemonade but I think they were still thinking lemons to some extent.

“Let me approach Jack.”

“Honey, this whole thing is full of minefields to me. I can do nothing really, really well.”

We went back to the crowd. I just walked alongside Lisa. This was her day and I felt my role for today was that of consort to the queen. I was following along until Frank called me over. Lisa told me mentally to go see him.

He was standing with Ted and Alice Long, John’s parents. Pam was seated. I went to her first and gave her shoulder a light squeeze. I said, hello to the rest. Frank said, “Where have you two been?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.