Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 17

We arrived and kept our clothes on tonight kidding each other about that. The caterers were due any minute. Mitch and Melody drove up first and we greeted them at the door welcoming them to our home. The caterers drove up behind them. Lisa showed them where to set up and serve. She then joined us saying that supper would be ready in about fifteen minutes.

I said, “We almost were going to take you out. Things run long on some days at work. At least, we’re wearing clothes!”

Melody blushed lightly. She said, “You two go around the house in the nude!”

Lisa said, “We’re out in the middle of nowhere and there’s no one here but us. We’re comfortable without clothes since it makes fondling so much easier. I think some of that started on the island. We had it to ourselves except for the Saturday in the middle when it was restocked and cleaned. Then we’re also feeling rebellious from living with my parents after our marriage. Last, it’s fun.”

Melody said, “Between Lightguide and my own desire for Mitch, it’s been difficult to maintain any vestige of my chastity. We’ve been to see Pastor Jenna and will be married in a small service a week from this Saturday. Mitch’s place is big enough and I will move in with him. My roommate has someone lined up to take my place. I think she envisions the apartment becoming party central. That wasn’t my thing. Mitch and I are quieter and do not go in for loud parties and drinking. Mitch has taught me to enjoy a bit of wine. He brought a white Zinfandel for us to share. I like it because it seems to go with any food. Mitch likes it because I get amorous when I have too much to drink. Though tonight, I have to drive back, too.”

I said, “It sounds good. We have an opener and glasses in the dining room. Let’s get it open.” Mitch and I went into the dining room opened the bottle and poured four glasses with one being only a half.

The caterer saw us and said, “I can ice it down for you.” I nodded and he took the bottle into the kitchen. We returned with the glasses for our ladies and for us. We clinked glasses and I said, “To marriages, current and future.” Everyone smiled.

Melody said, “You were gone all day today over at CME. I haven’t had a chance to grill Mitch so what’s happening?”

Lisa said, “There are serious problems there. There’s too much business for the facility. We have to make some changes to handle all of it. We have customer orders in house for more business already than was done in the prior twelve months before Al and I bought it. We have been incredibly successful thanks to the wonderful people who work there including your fiancé.”

I said, “We have a temporary plan and I think we will have a longer term solution in place very soon. We’re buying the property next door and looking at a few others. We have an agent handling those issues. She does a good job.

“I enjoy going over there and watching the folks solve problems while I facilitate things. It is getting more attention than anything else right now but it should settle down as the growth gets under control.”

Lisa said, “So, how’s life with an alien in your heads.

Melody answered, “It’s good but draining also. There are things I want to do very much but my upbringing says, ‘not yet, ‘ and that can be tough. Mitch is very good to me and patient, too. He understands me well. You have to realize that my half glass of wine represents overcoming prior training that any drinking of an alcoholic beverage is a terrible sin. I don’t even want to think of the other desires that course through my body.” She gave a low nervous laugh. “I really, really want to be married to Mitch and do my best to make him very happy.”

Lisa said, “Let Lightguide help you with that but the first couple of times you need to do it where you won’t be heard. Screaming with ecstasy is noisy and attracts attention.” She chuckled. “That’s why we live way out here. Our loving can be noisy.”

I said, “You can always put up a small sign on your door like ‘newly weds, please do not disturb.’ It will let people know that you’re being noisy intentionally.”

Melody blushed. Mitch grinned. He said, “I think we will manage. We just need a place to marry and have a small reception. Jenna will marry us because Pastor Jim had another commitment.”

Lisa spoke up. “I have that solved. I talked to my mother. You are invited to use the area behind the house if the weather is good and the house if it isn’t. We can have the reception there, too. Al and I are giving you a wedding gift of a honeymoon to the Florida Keys. You won’t be due back until Wednesday. It’s all inclusive including air travel.”

Melody looked startled. “But I thought the car was our wedding gift.”

“No, it’s an engagement present. Your wedding gift is the honeymoon. Mom and Dad are giving you the wedding and reception. Their only requirement is to invite most of our alien friends’ partners as well as your family and friends.”

They both nodded with tears in their eyes. Lisa said, “We would use our house but it still has an unfinished look out back. Besides, Mom has always wanted to have a wedding at the house and I didn’t oblige her.

“Just be glad that she works with Mitch and not you, Melody. She’s going to make him crazy.”

Melody grinned. “Garfield doesn’t have far to go.”

Mitch faked a good whine. “Odie, that’s not fair.”

I said, “Garfield and Odie? What’s this?”

Mitch said, “My middle name is Garfield. Melody uses it sometimes particularly when she’s kidding me. Odie is the dog in the same comic strip and is the last two syllables of her name. It’s a private joke for us.”

Lisa said, “That’s cool. Tomorrow morning, we will spend getting the details of the wedding and the list. If Mitch doesn’t have one already, he will have to get busy. Call Roger at the office supply house and tell him that C and C has a super rush print job for fancy paper. Tell him we’ll get the copy to him by noon along with how many. Mom and I will talk to the caterer and get that to happen. We’ll handle the rehearsal dinner, too.”

I said, “Mitch, what is your parents’ situation?”

He said, “My folks are much like Melody’s. They don’t have much money and we are the oldest of two in my family and three in hers. Both sets of parents have mixed emotions about our marriage. They are all for it and us as a couple but are seriously scared about the financial outlay. They will be thankful.”

Melody looked at Lisa. She said, “Mitch’s brother is going to be best man and my two brothers will be the groomsmen. I need three also. I’ve confirmed Pam as my matron of honor and need two more. I picked another. She just has to agree.” She looked at Lisa meaningfully.

Lisa stammered, “Ye-yes. I would be honored.”

Melody said, “I now have the other in mind if she will. Lisa, are you going over to CME before coming over to the office?”

“Yes. I’m going to bring my mother over to help us. Al will have to hold down the fort at CME tomorrow at least through the morning.” I nodded.

Melody said, “Good. She will be good help and we can plan the brides party dresses since all three brides maids will be there.”

“Does my mother know?”

“Not yet. Will that be a problem?”

“No. It will be fun. However, my mother will tease you a lot and most of it will be very risque. Just brace yourself and laugh it off.”

The caterer came in and announced that the meal was ready. Lisa thanked him and we trooped in. The remaining portion of the bottle was there on ice and the meal was served on our dishes with a beautiful look. We all gave appreciative sounds. He said, “Missus Lisa, the deserts are served and in the refrigerator. If you have nothing further, we will depart.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.