Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2 - Cover

Through a Glass Dimly, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 2

We put the phones on auto-answer and left. We had lunch at another of Lisa’s places. They were all very good though quite expensive. I figure we could afford it for a long time. Over lunch, Lisa told Pam of her raise and changed status. She said, “We don’t have a title yet but you’re too good to be wasted answering phones. We expect to grow and you will be able to grow with us.”

Pam hugged us both and wiped her eyes. “You guys are good for me. My parents, as you know, weren’t very encouraging. Frank is but he’s prejudiced.”

Lisa said, “Look at the students in our class. They love you. Had we been gone longer, they would have been saying ‘Lisa who?’ Have confidence in your abilities if for no other reason than we and your husband do.” She smiled wickedly. “How about your body? Has Starcheer confirmed it yet? Are you pregnant? We want to know about all your growth!” She emphasized the word, “all,” while we watched Pam blush.

“Starcheer says I am. I don’t know. I haven’t missed a cycle yet.” She blushed again. “I’m not used to talking to others about personal things.”

Lisa said, “Get used to it. We have a connection that goes much deeper than just being friends and co-workers.” Pam smiled and nodded.

After lunch, we went by our business to be. It wasn’t fancy but it was about what I expected. The sign, McNamara Metalworking, needed painting. I said, “Ladies, this is where we will be for a lot of the time for a couple of months. We will all be here Friday to talk with the employees.”

We went back to the office and returned calls. Lisa walked over to the college to talk to her professors about her paper. She rode her bike back and locked it in our rack at the back door.

She came in and said, “Al, I think this is going to work out well. My professors are on board and I just need to work up a schedule for meeting with them. I have their schedules with me.”

I replied, “That’s good. Set it up on our company scheduling. Your paper has priority unless there is a really serious emergency.”

Pam’s cousin came over. Lisa and Pam used the conference room to meet with her. After half an hour, Lisa came in and said, “Would you like to meet our newest employee?”

“Yes. ‘Hey, you’ would sound so impersonal.”

I went into the conference room and Pam said, “Al, I want you to meet my cousin, Melody Anderson. Melody, this is Al Chambers.”

She said, “Mister Chambers, thank you for the opportunity. I will do my best for you.”

“I’m sure you will.” I grinned. “Start by calling me Al.”

“Yes, sir. Al. I will do that.” She was a shorter, younger version of Pam. I was guessing she was twenty or twenty-one. She looked quite nice and conservatively dressed.

I said, “I want to bring up only one thing that my wife or our friend and co-worker may have missed telling you. We know all about Pam’s history. She had to leave her church to marry Frank. She is a member of our church now and has even taught my wife’s seventh grade Sunday school very successfully. That needs not to be a problem for you. We were best man and maid of honor at her wedding to Frank. They were in ours”

She looked a little in awe. She said, “You are the couple! Pam’s parents are still fuming about you two. My parents had been expelled from church about six months ago because they were permitting me to move out on my own. The church didn’t like that. They were not happy when I had quit going before that.” She smiled. “I think I would like to try your church.”

Lisa said, “You will be welcome.”

I said, “There are never enough pretty girls anywhere. You will be very welcome since Lisa disappointed so many mothers with me as Pam did with Frank.”

Pam sort of choked and Lisa smiled fiendishly. “We can set her up with anyone but Terry McNamara!” The three of us laughed. She continued, “That’s an inside joke and you’ll get it soon. The only requirements we have are to not disclose financial information and not to talk about business deals until they are completed and public. We are a privately held company and want to stay that way.”

I said, “Melody, when can you start?”

She responded, “I told your wife that I would have to give notice but my employer is not known for allowing anyone to work out a notice. On top of that, it’s closing. I might be able to start tomorrow afternoon. Do you have anywhere I can park a bike?”

Lisa said, “Yes, we have a rack outside the back door for me when I go over to the college. You must live close.”

Melody said, “Yes, I’m about two blocks away. On good days, it will be faster than driving.”

I said, “Well, that seems to settle everything. Pam, why don’t you call our lawyer and give him the name for the new business since it was your idea.” She smiled happily at that.

Melody said, “What are your rules about screening calls?”

Lisa said, “There are none. We don’t ask you to do that. We will talk to people. Al explained to me one time that people like to talk and he doesn’t learn when he talks but when someone else does.” She smiled. “I listen when Al talks. That way I learn from him. He once told me that he loved to hear my voice even if I were only reading book titles.”

Melody smiled at that. “I am so happy for Pam and for you to have found the right guys for each of you.”

“Patience. You’re young yet with plenty of time. Put yourself in the right situations and right attitudes and your mister right will show up.”

Pam said, “Frank wants to talk to one of you.”

Lisa said, “Go ahead, Al.”

I went to the phone and picked up. “Frank, this is Al.”

“Al, I want to call it CME until after the purchase is complete. I think the name might give things away. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure Frank. Do what you think will work. I really think it’s late for him to back out but you never know.”

“We’ll do our best, Al.”

“I know, Frank. Thanks.”

I hung up and listened as Lisa completed everything with Melody. Our day was coming to an end and I wanted to talk to my wife up close and personal. Actually, what I had in mind was naked and horizontal. Melody left and Pam was getting ready. We walked out with her to our cars. After saying our good-byes, we left for the house. We got home and went upstairs to change into really informal clothes.

I had stripped and Lisa was beginning to walk beside me on the way to a closet in her bra and panties when I grabbed her gently but firmly and pulled her onto the bed. “You are wearing too much clothing Missus Chambers.” I unfastened her bra and pulled it off her unresistant arms freeing her beautiful chest to my gaze and touch. I quickly moved my hands to her panties and pulled them down.

“We’ll never get to eat supper if you make this a habit.”

“I could lose some weight.” I said it with a lilt in my voice.

She fondled my hard cock. “Not if it’s here!”

We kissed and rubbed against each other. We could feel each other’s emotions and thoughts as well as the presence of Stargazer. We gradually unfolded and put on enough clothes to not scandalize Lisa’s parents though I’m not sure Paul or Linda had a scandalize button any more. We went down for supper and helped Linda finish her preparations. Paul came in and, after changing, joined us for the meal. Linda served all of us and Paul prayed. Then, we ate. It was always good. Paul was talking about a new product line that he was considering. When he finished about it, he asked how purchasing Reggie’s company was going.

I looked at Lisa and she said, “We have a deal. Frank and Marv are working on the documents. We’re supposed to close on Thursday afternoon. Al and I plan to go to the plant and talk to the employees on Friday.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.