OVERBOARD! - Cover

OVERBOARD!

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Chapter 63: Time Marches On.

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 63: Time Marches On. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

Time marched on and we both stayed busy. Kay was in her last semester and working as hard as ever in school. What she was doing at the company helped her along. It put perspective to what she learned in class, and class helped her to know what she was doing at the company. That was the way the internship was set up and it worked well. Both the company and Kay benefited from the setup. The projects she worked on were slowly becoming more difficult and she was doing well, from everything she said.

I was busy, too, I didn't have any more growth projects but I had all of my clients to service and maintain. I had been correct in my thinking that with the resort properties and their holding company on line my plate would be full. I might have some room for further growth but not anytime soon.

One of the fall outs from Kay both working at the company and going to school was that she didn't have nearly the same amount of free time, time to do things around the house. I ended up picking up the slack. I was doing a lot more of the cooking, cleaning, and other housework for us. I didn't realize how upsetting Kay found the arrangement until I came home from shopping later than I expected to one day. Kay had beaten me home. I found her at the kitchen table with her head down on her arms and crying her eyes out.

I had a lot of concern in my voice when I asked, "What's wrong, Kay? Has something happened? Is everyone okay?"

She raised her head and I could see she'd been crying for some time. There were tear streaks down her face and her eyes were red and puffy. "Oh, Rob! I, I, I've failed you, I've fa, fa, failed us!" Her head dropped back down onto her arms and she started bawling again.

I knew she'd been working very hard and I didn't think she's been getting enough rest. I knew that she was doing what she needed to both at the company and at school. I was afraid she was wearing herself out, though. None of that explained why she thought she'd failed me or us.

"Kay, Honey, you haven't failed me or yourself that I know of. Did something go wrong today?"

She was still crying, whimpering and sobbing, as she answered. So much so that I had a hard time understanding what she said. "I, I, I came home, home from school (sob) and I, I, I looked at things and, (sob) and everything is cleeeeaaannn," she whined. She had been crying while she talked to me and now she started bawling again.

Well, that threw me. "Honey, is there something wrong with the house being clean?"

"Ye, Ye, Yes, I, I, I didn't clean the house, you diddddd!" she wailed, followed by another big sob and the dam broke once again. Her head dropped onto her arms again.

"Kay, is there something wrong with me cleaning the house?"

She was quieting a little. "It's my job, (sob) I'm supposed to clean the house, not you." She was to the point that she was hiccupping the way someone who's been crying very hard does. "It's the only thing I'm supposed to do here and I'm not even doing that anymore."

She was upset and now I was beginning to understand why. I didn't agree with her and I didn't want to upset her further by minimizing her feelings or worse, laughing at her. "Honey, we work together here, I know that, just as you do. Right now you're tied up and very busy with work and school, while I have more free time than you do. I'm just helping you out a little while you're so busy."

"I'm not making enough money that I can do anything here. You're paying for EVERYTHING! You're even going to make sure my brother can get a farm. I'm not keeping up my side of our agreement."

Now I was confused, I didn't remember making any sort of formal agreement. "We don't have any real solid agreement, Kay, not like that. We each do what we can here. We're partners and we'll always be partners, I hope. That's one of the things we said 'I do' about, as I see it. As partners, sometimes one of us has to do more than the other, other times it's the other way around. When I had to do all that travelling, I wasn't around to do the things I'm supposed to here at home and you had to do them. This is the same thing, just the other way around, that's all."

Her tears had finally just about dried up. She took a deep breath and let it out. "Rob, I told you I didn't feel right about using your money for Junior and Reyna."

I started to answer but she held her hand up to silence me, she wasn't done yet.

"To me, this is another instance of you doing EVERYTHING for me and for my family. You put a roof over my head and fed me when I was going to have to move back into the dorm. You bought me a much better car than I could have gotten for myself. You took me on a honeymoon that was better than any I've ever heard of. You brought my parents out here for a vacation at Christmas time and paid for everything. You'll buy me anything I ask for. On top of EVERYTHING ELSE you're buying a farm for my brother and his wife." She started tearing up again.

"Stop and listen to me because I thought we'd put this all to bed already. It's not MY money, it's OUR money. When you married me everything I had became yours just as much as it was mine. I hope you remember you didn't go on that honeymoon alone, I was there with you and had just as good a time as you did, maybe better. You needed a suitable car, not a rolling piece of trash. I was bringing my parents out, so you brought yours out. Last but not least, WE are not buying a farm for your brother. It's an investment for us that just happens to be helping them. WE are making them a loan that THEY will pay back to us in time."

She sat there looking at me for what felt like forever before she stood up and hugged me with her head on my chest. "You are such a good guy, Rob. I don't know what I did to deserve you and I'm still not sure that I do. I love you."

The whole incident told me Kay needed a break, even if it was a small one. It took some doing but I finally convinced her to ask Troy and his family out for a day sail. I knew Kay liked Troy and I thought a day out on the water would be good for her. I wasn't trying to make a big to-do of it but I wanted to get her into a different environment for a day.

Troy's family came out with us that Saturday. We started out early on a beautiful spring day and we stayed out until I had to turn on the navigation lights. The water was still a little too cool for swimming but with a light windbreaker for the early part of the sail we were warm enough. The kids had a great time and we let them do the majority of the time at the wheel. Once we were clear of the channel and out far enough I let them decide which way to go. They became pretty good at adjusting the sails, too.

I kept an eye on the boat to make sure everything stayed good with the kids. They did the sailing while we adults talked and enjoyed ourselves. We talked about everything but the job and school. I hadn't specifically said anything about it but I was sure Troy understood this was a 'no work' day. Neither he nor Alice nor I said one word about work or school all day long. They took us out to dinner in return for the sail. It was a great day for everyone.

Kay looked better and perked up some after the weekend. We returned to what had become our routine, she went to the company in the mornings and then school in the afternoon. I monitored the logs every morning and dealt with the few issues that came up. I had to make a day trip up to San Fran one week. I left early, before Kay was awake and then made it home in time for a late dinner at the diner with Kay.

It was interesting to watch Kay as she approached the end of the school year and the internship. Sometimes she looked relieved and confident; at others she looked tense and unsure of herself. I did my best to support her when she was down and enjoyed her exuberance when she was up.

Fortunately there were no other incidents with Todd or Wayne. The Assistant D.A. told us Todd had been sentenced to twelve to fifteen years for the assaults and twenty to twenty-five years for the rapes. When I asked, I was told that the sentences would run concurrently not consecutively. It would affect when he was eligible for parole but if he served the full sentence he'd be released after twenty-five years. After electronically sending Wayne's transcripts to his new school nothing more was heard from him or about him, according to Bert.

We talked together and with her parents about visiting Kansas over the Memorial Day weekend but decided against it. Her graduation would be two weeks after Memorial Day and that would also be the end of the internship. She was pretty sure she'd have a job offer with the company before graduation.

I asked a silly question, "If they make you an offer, will you accept it?"

She looked at me as if I had grown a third head. "Are you kidding? Of course I'm going to accept it. I love it there. It's great working with Troy and the others in the section. Ben takes care of everyone who works for him, including me. I don't think I'll get a better offer from any of the other companies. I feel accepted and valued for what I do. I know if I'm given something beyond me I can ask for help and no one will think any the less of me for asking."

"Okay, I had to ask."

"I know but I really am happy there and I think they're happy with me, too. I WANT to stay there."

I was proud of Kay; she'd done very well for herself in class. She was going to graduate as the number two in her class and the company had indeed offered her a position as a full Aeronautical Engineer. She'd be the most junior in her office but they were keeping her there, in the main office and not sending her to one of their subsidiaries. If she was lucky, she'd even get to keep her desk next to Troy's.

I knew her parents were proud of her, too. I called Kansas and had a conversation with Janice one morning while Kay was at work. I asked her if she and Robert would like to come out to see Kay get her diploma. Janice thought it was a great idea but said she couldn't commit to anything before she discussed it with Robert. It made sense. I had a phone call from Robert the next morning. He was trying to decline but I twisted his arm. I pointed out Junior and Reyna could take care of the farm and I'd buy the plane tickets. He finally gave in.

Once I had Robert and Janice on board I called my parents, I wanted them there for Kay as well. Then it was on to my airline contact for the reservations. I was very pleased to be able to make the same flight arrangements as the ones I made for Christmas. I was going to completely surprise Kay by having the car service pick up the travelers at the airport and bring them home to us the night before the graduation ceremonies. I couldn't wait to see Kay's face when they came to our door. Then I'd have to run and hide.

Shortly after Junior and Reyna settled in with Robert and Janice, a loan application was filled out so it was on file just waiting for a property to be specified. Kay and I knew about it when it was first filled out. We didn't ask to see the application even though our lawyer said we were entitled to since we were funding the loan. I had a call from our lawyer on a Tuesday after Junior and Reyna found a property they were interested in. It took longer than I thought it would for them to find something.

That Wednesday Kay spoke with Reyna during her regular phone call to Kansas. She was very enthusiastic about the property they'd found. It had all the equipment and buildings needed for its continued operation as a farm including a farm house they could live in and had room for them to grow a family in. It was about six miles from Robert and Janice but along the same road, so they would be able to help each other.

We weren't making a judgment about the property; we left that to the professionals. They came to us so that if we wanted to we could veto the sale. We weren't going to do that unless there was a darn good reason to. A sale price was negotiated and the co-op let us know it was within the range for farm properties of similar size and operation. I told our lawyer to make it happen. The following Monday we were in the lawyer's office to sign papers and just like that, we owned a farm and were selling it like we were a bank.

During her last week with the company they didn't give her any new projects to work on. She helped Troy by doing a little research work for him. Wednesday Lyndsi called for Kay to come to H.R. to meet with Mister Peoples after lunch. When she met with him he made her a job offer with a complete compensation package. Since she had worked for the company as an intern for the whole year there wouldn't be a probationary period. It was a good offer and we discussed it. I left the decision to her.

Thursday after the morning break she went back to H.R. where she formally and happily accepted their offer. They let her go and told her to be back on the first of July to work. Graduation ceremonies were Friday and she didn't have anything to do on campus other than clear all her things out. She was home when the doorbell rang. I stepped out of my office to watch and listen when she opened the door. I needn't have bothered; I would have heard her screech even if I had been in the cabaña.

"What are you all doing here? How'd you get here?"

Janice answered for the group, "We heard there was going to be some sort of ceremony tomorrow, with you in it. We thought we might come and watch. Is that okay with you? We weren't here for your birthday, so we thought we'd make this ceremony."

Kay brought them all into the house, giving them each a hug and a kiss as they came through the door. The car service driver brought their baggage in and set it all by the door. As soon as the door closed Kay turned to look at me. "Oh, Ro-ob, is there something you forgot to tell me?" She started coming towards me in what I could only describe as a stalk.

There was fire in her eye and I knew I was in trouble when she used two syllables to pronounce my name. "Darn, Kay, it must have slipped my mind. I don't know how that could have happened. Do we have company? Shouldn't we see to their comfort?"

"I'll see to them here in a moment, right now I'm going to see to you." She popped my left arm.

"Ow!"

"You brought them out here, didn't you?" She popped my right arm.

"Ow!"

"Why didn't you tell me?" My left arm caught it again.

"Ow! Kay, you're going to leave bruises."

"And you deserve them!" The right arm caught up with the left.

"Ow!" I called for help, "Janice, Mom, somebody come rescue me. I'm being abused and beaten up for trying to be a nice guy."

My mother called from the great room, "Rob, did you say something? We couldn't quite hear you. Are you having some problem?"

Kay had turned us around and was backing me towards the great room. I called over my shoulder, "Mom, how could you throw me under the bus this way? I'm not going to be able to use either arm if she keeps up, beating on them."

"Kaitlyn, don't you think he's suffered enough? After all he was trying to do something nice for you and us both. Won't it be nice to have us all there to watch you graduate?"

"Well, yes, Mom, but it was a very sneaky thing he did, bringing all of you out here without even asking me. That's what he's in trouble for, not for bringing you out here. If I had known you were coming I'd have put fresh linens on the beds."

"Are you telling me that the rooms are a mess and not suitable to receive guests?"

"Of course not, Mom, you taught me to always keep the guest rooms looking good."

"Then what's the problem, Kaitlyn?"

"Mom, you're supposed to be on my side, not his!"

"Kaitlyn, do really think your mother is going to side AGAINST the man who brought her out to see her one and only daughter graduate from college?"

She hung her head. "I guess not, but it's not fair."

My father spoke up. "All's fair in love and war, Kay."

"That's what he says, the rat. Did you teach him that?"

"It's possible he picked it up from me but I can't say for sure."

"Daddy, will you be on my side?"

"Kaitlyn, I'm always on your side. I may agree with something your husband does but that doesn't mean I'm not on your side.

Kay turned to me. "This isn't over, rat."

"Yes, Dear."

"Grrr, you know I hate it when you put those two words together!"

Robert and my dad were both chuckling as they took the bags to their rooms.

Kay and our moms worked out that we were going Mexican for dinner and part of my penance was I had to pay for everyone. Robert tried to argue for splitting the bill but Kay wasn't having any of that and truthfully, I wasn't either. We all loaded up in our SUV and went to the restaurant. This was a real restaurant, not fast food.

We had to wait for them to put a couple of tables together for us and we stood at the bar while we waited. We didn't even have time to finish one round of drinks before the table was ready. I was driving, so I stuck with iced tea while the others had margaritas.

I had yet to hear Robert's opinion of the farm property Junior and Reyna were buying, so I pushed the discussion in that direction. "Robert, I understand that the newlyweds have a farm picked out. I assume you looked at it, what do you think of the property?"

Everyone at the table perked up and was listening to our conversation, even my parents.

Kay looked at us. "Yeah, Dad, what's the farm look like? I haven't talked with Junior about it. Reyna and I talked some but I want to hear what you can tell us."

"Well, I told you at Christmas that I expected to use our farm as part of the guarantee for their loan, so I looked over the property pretty hard. It turns out that I know the guy selling it, I don't know him well but I do know him. He and his wife are getting on in years and their own children don't want to farm. They thought they might have to sell the farm to a conglomerate, which was upsetting them. They were very glad to see Junior and Reyna come along and be interested in the farm. The price negotiated with the co-op was very reasonable for a young couple."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.