OVERBOARD!
Chapter 47: It’s Time for the Wedding.

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 47: It’s Time for the Wedding. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

The next few weeks went by in a blur. Kay's time as an intern continued and she was learning things of a practical nature to go along with the theoretical material she'd already learned in class. There were some theoretical things she picked up as well, while she worked herself through the different departments. Things that were too esoteric to learn in a classroom. She continued to do well.

For my part I managed to visit the resort properties in both Texas and Louisiana. These were older properties and my reports on them reflected that. They would require a lot of work when compared with the California and Hawaii properties. I got on the phone with Ian and Hank to discuss what would be needed to bring these properties to the technological level that we had first agreed on. These visits required time away from home, away from Kay. Neither of us was happy with the separation but we acknowledged its necessity and lived with it.

Tuesday before the wedding I called home and spoke with my father, "Hello, Dad, did you print out the plane tickets yet?"

"Yes, son, I have them, thank you."

"Do you have everything you need for the trip?"

"Certainly, Mom is using the second bedroom to lay out all the clothes we're bringing with us. Tomorrow afternoon we'll pack them and have the bags ready for Thursday morning. The car service is picking up William and Mary first but they'll get us to the airport in time for the flight. You said her brother is picking us up?"

"Her brother, Junior; he has a photo of the four of us from Christmas time, so he knows what you look like. Make sure he doesn't leave William and Mary behind." I chuckled. "He's about as big as a small mountain so you can't miss him. He's a nice guy, you'll all like him."

"I'm sure we will. Your mother would like to speak with you." I heard the phone being handled as he gave it to her or she took it from him.

"Rob, is everything ready for your wedding?"

"As far as I know, Mom, Kay has been taking care of all the particulars with her mother. You'll be meeting her when you get in and Kay's brother takes you out to the farm. Now don't be frightened when he meets you at the airport, he's kind of on the larger side but he's as gentle as a lamb."

"Why aren't you meeting us at the airport?"

"You'll actually be getting there before we do. Kay doesn't start her vacation until the end of the work day Friday and we can't leave until then. One of her brothers will be picking us up and we'll see you Friday after dinner."

"Is everyone staying on the farm?"

"Everyone who is flying in is. That's you and Dad along with William and Mary. All the other people at the wedding will be locals.

"Kay's mother, Janice, is a sweetheart and is looking forward to meeting you and Dad. She's a great cook and you'll be their guests at dinner. Don't be surprised if you have to loosen your belts at the table. Kay's family are country folk but wonderful people and I think you'll have a great time."

"Alright, son, we'll see you Friday then."

"I love you, Mom, I'll see you then. Oh, don't forget your book of recipes. Janice is interested in them."

Fortunately I had no significant issues come up with my clients before the wedding. I was only worried about it for the last couple of days. That would have been the most inconvenient time for something to happen so I figured that was when it would, if it was going to.

Friday when Kay got home I met her at the door with a kiss. While she went to take a quick shower, I moved our luggage out to the front door. We had four large pieces between us and that wasn't including our carry-on or laptop bags. I expected the car service to be there within the next few minutes and I wasn't disappointed. The driver and I were finishing with the loading of the car when Kay came out, freshly showered and looking beautiful, as always.

Thank goodness for business class travel on the airline. They didn't even blink when we unloaded the car at curbside for check-in. Tommy picked us up at the Kansas end of the flight. He was smart enough to have brought the SUV so there was plenty of room for us and the luggage. We had dinner at a restaurant near the airport and then drove out to the farm. We talked all the way out and it was interesting to hear his description of dinner with my folks the night before.

Tommy told us, "Rob, when your folks and your friends came in, their plane was late but Junior was there to pick them up. Mom had us wait for them before we had dinner. I didn't think it was anything other than we normally had but your mom said it was a lot of food. Mom made a ham with pineapple..."

Kay interrupted him, "Did Dani say anything about the ham?"

"Hunh?"

"Did Dani or Phil say anything about having a ham for dinner?"

"No, why would they?"

"Because they're Jewish and Jewish people don't eat pork."

"I told you Kay, as Jews, we're not a real observant family. We eat ham and shellfish and cheeseburgers."

Tommy looked at both of us and then continued, "They sure did last night, along with spinach, corn and mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon. Your mom said it was too much food and my mom tried to tell her it wasn't. They actually started to have an argument about it until your dad said something about this is farming country."

I asked, "Did William or Mary have anything to say about the meal?"

"William had a laugh about the fight but they both liked the meal and told Mom it was great. When we were done there was almost another fight but my mom gave in and let Dani and Mary help her with the dishes and clearing the table."

We talked more about what had been happening on the farm but Tommy wouldn't tell us anything about Junior's girlfriend or how serious they were.

It was well after dark and after nine by the time we pulled up to the farm house. It was an impressive tableau in front of us as Tommy took us up the drive to the house. There were no outside lights on but there was light coming from every window we could see. To me it looked like a Thomas Kincaid summer time picture, very pretty. Tommy drove us around to the back side of the house and as we got out of the truck, the dogs started barking which let everyone know we had arrived.

Robert and Junior came from the barn while Janice came from the house. She was followed by my Mom and Dad. Kay got hugs and kisses from all of her family. I got a hug from Janice and handshakes from Robert and Junior. We were greeted by my folks the same way but with a little less exuberance. It was good to see everyone and there were smiles all around.

When we finally went in, William and Mary were sitting in the family room talking with a pretty young woman who was a stranger to me. Kay stayed with them while Junior and Tommy helped me with the luggage. As he was helping me with my luggage, Junior told me the stranger was his girlfriend, Reyna. She had been waiting to meet me and Kay before she went back to her uncle's farm for the night. I found that Kay and I were in separate bedrooms sharing a bath. Junior and Tommy had their own bedrooms, they also shared a bath. Mom and Dad had a bedroom with a private bath, as did William and Mary. It was a convenient arrangement all the way around.

Junior and I went back to the family room where Kay was talking with her mom, my folks and Reyna. I guess Robert and Tommy had gone back out to the barn. After waiting for a break in the conversation Junior spoke up, "I see you've met my guest, Kay. Reyna, this is Rob, my sister's 'Knight in Shining Armor' and the reason we're all together this weekend."

After shooting a look of daggers at Junior I turned to the young woman. "Reyna, I'm pleased to meet you."

"I'm pleased to meet you, too, Rob. You're the first 'Knight' I've met."

"I'm no Knight, I'm just an ordinary guy, who has found the woman who makes me happy and I'm intending to bind myself to her for the rest of my life."

"That's sweet, Rob, but I've been told there's a significant story to how you and Kay met and it involved some 'Knight like' actions on your part. I'm dying to hear the whole story but that lug standing next to you has refused to tell it to me. In fairness to him, he started to tell me the story but his mom interrupted him and told him he couldn't, the story was yours and Kay's to tell."

"It wasn't much as far as I'm concerned. The only significant part is that I met Kay, everything else is trivial."

Kay said, "Don't believe him, Reyna; I don't consider what he's done for me as trivial."

"Kay, you and I will have to get together then, without the guys, and you can tell me the whole story. I really do want to hear it. It's getting kind of late, though, and Junior still has to take me back to my uncle's farm for the night. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, especially for you. Junior, what time are you picking me up in the morning?"

"I was planning on about seven."

"That'll work, I want to help your mom in the morning and then, about two, we're taking Kay and all of us ladies are getting our hair done for the wedding."

"Excuse me? When was that decided, and who makes up the 'all of us'?" asked Kay.

"Your mom and I put it together and the 'all of us' is we three, Dani, Mary and the two other girls that're going to be in the wedding party."

"What two other girls? Mom, what have you been up to?"

Janice looked a little sheepish. "A couple of your friends from when you were in high school. Your dad and I are close to their families and it seemed like a good idea to ask their daughters and sons to be part of your wedding party."

"I assume I know these girls and guys?"

"They were home for the summer. We couldn't invite their parents and not invite the kids. Since we were inviting them and they had been in school with you, I thought you'd like to have them fill in the wedding party."

"That sounds great, Mom, but why didn't you tell me about it before now? Didn't you think I might have liked to know WHO was in my wedding party before I walked down the aisle? Rob doesn't know any of them. It's kind of unfair to him. Don't you think?"

"Kay, I'm fine with whoever is there, as long as you're the one standing with me, in front of the J.P. Speaking of the J.P., I haven't met him yet either, so what does it matter that I haven't met some of the other members of the wedding party?"

"Now that that is settled, Junior, take me to my uncle's farm, please. Like I said, tomorrow is a going to be a busy day. Even busier than I realized since there're going to be a whole lot of introductions to be made on top of everything else." Reyna left with Junior.

"Kaitlyn, you and Rob are supposed to go into town tomorrow morning and meet with Leland. Rob, Leland Olander is our family friend and he's the J.P. who's going to do the ceremony for you two."

"I know his name from the paperwork we've been sending back and forth for the license. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person."

"You're supposed to be in his office at ten tomorrow, so you can meet him and go over any questions remaining about the wedding."

"Are you coming with us, Mom?" Kay asked.

"No, I've got too much to do. I'm going to be doing a lot of the baking tomorrow. Reyna, Rob's mom and Mary are going to help me. You'll take my truck to go see Leland but you've got to be back here in time for us to go get our hair done."

"Mom, you're helping Janice?" I asked.

"You don't expect me and Mary to sit here and let Janice do all the work by herself, do you? You know me better than that, Rob. Besides, we have to have something to do while your father and William are out with Robert tomorrow."

"I didn't know you were going out with Robert tomorrow, Dad."

"William and I spent a good part of today with him. I'm enjoying myself while I'm learning a lot about living on a farm. The fields are beautiful with the corn up and just about ready for harvest."

"I couldn't see anything on the way here from the airport, it was too dark, but I know what you mean. I thought what I saw back at Thanksgiving was beautiful, too."

"It wasn't corn then, was it?"

"No, it was wheat, winter wheat. It was still young though and nowhere near ready for harvesting."

"Junior will be coming back to take you with him tomorrow after you get back from town." Janice said.

"Okay, I guess my day is accounted for, too."

"No slackers on a farm, Rob." Kay said with laughter in her eyes.

"I love you, too, dear."

Robert and Tommy came in from the barn and we all talked together until Junior came back from dropping Reyna off. Shortly after that, we all went to bed. Farm folk get up early and we all needed some sleep.

I stuck my head into Kay's room from the bath. "Are you okay with all these people being added to your wedding party?"

"What wedding party? I thought this was going to be a small private wedding, now I find I have a 'wedding party' and I don't even know who's in it. You apparently have inherited a bunch of groomsmen. What do you think of that? Is all this foofaraw okay with you?"

"Like I said out there, Kay, I'm fine with whoever is there, as long as you're the one standing with me in front of the J.P. and you're okay with it, too. If you're not, I'll spirit us away right now and we'll elope."

"We're kind of old for eloping, don't ya' think? It would hurt my mom's feelings, yours, too. We can't do that to them."

"I know, I just want you to know I'll do anything you want to, about the wedding or anything else."

"Thank you, Rob. I know you will. I love you."

"And I love you. Ready for a shower?"

"Yes but alone. We can't share a shower or a bed until after the ceremony. I'm sure both your parents and mine have figured out we haven't been celibate but we can't rub their noses in it, it wouldn't be right. I really would like to have you to snuggle with tonight; it would make me feel better, less nervous."

"Are you nervous about this?"

"A little, aren't you?"

"I don't see where we have anything to be nervous about. I'm going to meet some new people, we're going to go through some ceremonial hoops, we'll enjoy some great food made by your mom and some other women and then we'll have a good night. What's to be nervous about?"

"I don't know. Aren't we supposed to be nervous at this point?"

"Maybe, but I'm not and you shouldn't be. Since you're not going to share a shower with me, do you want to go first?"

"If you don't mind, yes." She got up off the bed and gave me a hug and a kiss before she shooed me out of the room.

About fifteen minutes later she stuck her head into my room, "Your turn, I'm going to bed. If you get up before me, wake me in the morning. If I get up before you, I'll wake you."

"Okay, g'nite, Kay, I love you."

"G'nite, Rob." She drew back and went to her room.

I looked into her room when I came out of the shower but she was asleep. I went to bed myself.

When I opened my eyes in the morning I stayed in bed for a minute or two enjoying a feeling of contentment before getting up. This was going to happen; I was going to get married after all these years of being alone. In reality I haven't been alone this past year, I've been with Kay and I've never been happier. I got out of bed and headed for the kitchen. Kay was there along with her mom, mine and Mary. "Good morning ladies. I thought you were going to wake me, Kay."

"I was, I just got up myself. I was getting a cup of coffee to bring into you."

"Morning, son."

"Good morning, Rob. Do you want some breakfast?"

"Yes, thank you, Janice, but not one of those monster breakfasts you make. I just want some fruit and toast if you don't mind."

"That doesn't seem like very much. Are you sure you don't want some sausage and eggs to go along with the fruit and toast?"

"I've had your meals before, Janice. I know how much food you put on the table. It's all very good and you haven't put anything in front of me I haven't liked, a lot. That's the problem, I like it all too much and I still have to get into my suit for the ceremony tomorrow. I figure that means I have to control myself and my stomach for about twenty-eight hours or Junior and Tommy are going to have to roll me up, to be in front of the J.P. so he can marry me with your lovely daughter. Keeping all that in mind I'll stick to the fruit and toast, please."

"Don't be rude, Rob. Janice is offering to make you a nice breakfast."

"Mom, I'm not being rude, I'm being smart. Please don't be offended, Janice."

"Dani, I know he's not being rude and I'm not offended."

"Thank you, Janice." Kay handed me a cup of coffee. I took a sip, "Mmmm, thank you, Kay. What time do you want to go into town?"

"About a quarter after nine should give us plenty of time to get to where we need to be."

Junior walked in with Reyna and everyone traded greetings.

Janice gathered my mom, Mary and Reyna into a huddle of sorts to work out their plans.

"What are we going to do in the meantime, Kay?"

"I think we should look over the barn and what's been set up there for us. We can bring our coffee with us."

"Great, I'll bring my apple with me, too." I followed Kay out the back door. The dogs joined us as we walked.

When we walked into the barn, it was completely different from the way I remembered it. "Wow, this looks great, don't you think?"

"Yeah, Dad and the boys put a lot into cleaning things out. Some of Mom's friends have been putting up the decorations. We've been lucky; there hasn't been any rain this week and there's none expected before next week. We'll open the big doors, front and back, for the party. There is a nice open area in the back for the ceremony. There's plenty of room for everyone back there." She led me to the area.

"This should be sufficient. How many people did you say are there in town? I'm sure your mom invited them all." I chuckled.

"Funny man, you better not let her hear you say that. She'll smack you up side your head. When she does that, you'll know she's REALLY accepted you as part of the family."

"She won't do that before the wedding; she might scare me off."

"You're probably right but after the wedding you'll be fair game."

"I'll keep that in mind."

We puttered around until it was time to go. Kay even managed to get run out of the kitchen by her mom, for getting in the way. Kay finally grabbed the keys and drove us into town. We pulled up to a small office building and Kay led me in.

We were sitting in the outer office when a distinguished looking man came to us from the inner office, he was easily in his late fifties or early sixties, silver haired and a little portly. "Kaitlyn, it's been ages since I've seen you. I understand from your mom and dad that you're doing well." He turned to me stretching out his hand to shake mine. "You must be Mister Lister but I was expecting your son. Kaitlyn is there some reason you didn't bring your fiancé with you? I wanted to talk with both of you."

His statement shocked me and I froze in the middle of standing up with my hand raised to shake his. Kay was frozen in place and her mouth was hanging open. She recovered a little faster than I did. "Leland, this IS my fiancé, this is Robert Lister."

Now he was shocked and looked confused. He looked at me, then Kay and then back at me. "Uh, you two had better come in, we need to talk, I think." He led us into his inner office.

"Leland, this is Robert Lister, my fiancé and the man you are going to marry me to, tomorrow. Rob this is Leland Olander, the town Justice of the Peace, the guy we've been communicating with. He's supposed to have our wedding license and is going to perform the ceremony for us tomorrow. Aren't you, Leland."

Uh-oh, I recognize that tone of voice. Kay is sitting at a simmer and is ready to come to a full rolling boil. If he says the wrong thing it's possible Kay will boil over, all over him.

"Kaitlyn, I knew your fiancé, Rob, was older than you but I thought he was only a few years older, still one of your contemporaries. I didn't realize he was of an age with your parents. I'm going to have to reconsider this wedding."

"What do you mean reconsider? Leland, are you joking? Haven't you spoken with my mom and dad? I'm not finding this funny, not at all."

"No, I'm not joking and yes, I've spoken with your parents but they never said anything about how much older Rob is than you. Rob, I'm sorry, I'm sure you're a very nice man but I'm not comfortable with this wedding."

"Mister Olander..."

He interrupted me, "Please call me Leland."

"Leland then, are you saying you WON'T perform the wedding for us?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure of what I'm saying. You're a shock to me, at least your age is. You have to understand, I've known Kaitlyn since she was born. I've changed her diapers, bounced her on my knee and watched her grow up. I was happy to hear she had found someone and pleased she wanted me to perform the wedding for her. I don't know what to think about her marrying someone who could be her father."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.