OVERBOARD!
Chapter 43: Rob is Home While Kay is Away.

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 43: Rob is Home While Kay is Away. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

Rob's turn:

I set the phone down and stared at it in disbelief. Did Kay just tell me what happened or just what she thinks happened? No, it has to be what happened because she said it was in front of her. If the H.R. director himself came in to fire Wayne and did it in front of everyone else, the company is taking what he did seriously, very seriously. There has to be more to this story than she told me, maybe more than she knows.

I reached for my phone to call Jim Pietro. I started dialing and then stopped. Do I make this call or not? I put the phone back down. Kay said she'd take care of it when she got back. I knew I shouldn't interfere but it was killing me. It must have been even harder on her.

Kay's question about the school's reaction was valid. How would the school react? What could they do about Wayne if he did nothing at the school? I could give Bert Symes a call. I didn't know if he was even in his office during the summer. Kay's comment about having two people to watch out for bothered me some. I was pretty sure Todd was effectively out of the picture permanently because of his shenanigans. I didn't know about Wayne. A lot would depend on what had happened and I didn't know that. Damn it! It was going to be a long day.

I returned to my computer and to work. I still had to develop my detailed plan for the resort inspections; what I was looking for, what configurations I expected to find, how deep to delve. I still had to work that out with Ian. I had a pretty good idea of what he was looking for. I could see where it would take me two or three days at each resort site the holding company had. My first step at each site would be to establish my bona fides with the on-site I.T. specialist. No one ever likes someone from outside coming in to tell them what they were doing wrong.

I had an email from Ian's office listing all their properties. I needed to plot out which resort I went to when. There were three resorts spread across Hawaii, one in California, four in Colorado besides the one I had already done, two in Texas, two in Louisiana, three in New Jersey, one in Georgia and two in Florida. They had more than I realized when I agreed to the end of October and I might have some problems.

I was right with what I told Kay; this was going to fill my plate. I called William and Mary, she answered the phone.

"Rob, how are you doing? How's Kay? Don't tell me the wedding plans have changed."

"Kay and I are fine, although she's gone for the week on a field trip for her internship; she'll be home again Friday. The wedding is still going to be at Kay's family farm in Kansas the first weekend in August. How are you two doing down there in Florida?"

"We're alive and kicking. The weather is getting warmer but it always does this time of year. The tourists still do the touristy things and we try to avoid them as much as possible. How's business?"

"That's kinda' what I'm calling about. How are you and William doing with business?"

"We shouldn't have any problem covering for you while you're on your honeymoon, if that's what you're asking."

"That's one of the things but there's another. Do you remember me telling you I picked up a resort in Colorado as a client because they crashed their system?"

"I remember something about it, why?"

"That job mushroomed some."

"What does that mean?"

"When I went out to restore their system I ended up dealing with a senior V.P. from their parent corporation. He liked what I proposed for the resort and gave me the go ahead to do whatever I thought necessary to restore them. Then he fired the I.T. Manager of the resort and offered me the position. If that wasn't enough, he offered me the step up to the equivalent position at their corporate level."

"Nice, are you taking it?"

"No, I declined his offer, three or four times. He finally accepted that I wasn't just playing for a better compensation package and offered me a huge work package. I need some help and I was calling you guys to see if we could work something out. Might you guys be interested?"

"What are we talking about, Rob, and should I get William on the line?"

"I know how you guys work and the business end is yours but maybe having William on with us so we can all talk about the technical end is a good idea. Do I need to call back or do you want to call me?"

"Hang on a minute. He's in the shop area and I just have to call him out. I'm going to put you on hold."

I heard the click and figured it wouldn't be too long. Less than a minute later I heard another click.

William was on the line. "Hey, Rob."

"I'm on too, Rob," said Mary.

"Did Mary tell you what this is about?"

"Vaguely, it sounds like you have too much work."

"That's as good a way of putting it as any other. I have a huge contract that is going to require me traveling around the country. I'm going to really rack up some frequent flier miles. I have eighteen different resorts I have to visit to do an evaluation and then make a report to the holding company that owns them. Once the report is done I have to negotiate with the holding company to determine what upgrades and modifications they want to make. Once that is all set, I get to go and do the changes and I'm supposed to have them all done by Halloween."

"What are you looking for from us?"

"William, I'd like you to cover for me while I'm on the road, much like what we do for each other when one of us takes a vacation or is otherwise unavailable."

"I assume you're talking about on-line coverage not client visits."

"Yeah, just like you're going to do while Kay and I are on our honeymoon."

"How do you want to handle any required site visits?"

"I thought we'd work those out on a case by case basis."

"Okay, I don't see why we couldn't do things that way. Mary can work out the financials with you."

"I don't see any reason to change from our usual financials arrangements, Rob."

"The only potential issue I see is this is going to be a lot longer than our usual trade off of service. Normally they run for a week or two, tops. This is going to be more like three months or so. If something goes sideways it might be longer. I can't see anything going beyond the end of the year and that would only be if things really get messed up."

"I'm going to say yes, Rob. My work right now is light but steady. Our clients are happy and the checks are coming in pretty regularly. You're going to have to give us more specifics of course, but I'm sure we can handle the increase in work load. I'm going to go back to what I was doing and let you and Mary do what you have to do."

"What do you want to do about site visits?"

"I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle them myself as long as you guys are doing the routine on-line work. If for some reason I need William to do a site visit we can figure things out then. Will that work for you, Mary?"

"I think so. When will you be able to give us scheduling information?"

"I still have to work that out with the holding company but I'll let you know as soon as I have things firmed up."

"Okay, email us a schedule when you have it and I'll email you back a confirmation."

"Thanks, Mary, I'll be in touch."

I spent the rest of my day working up the detailed plans I needed. It looked to me like I might need some support on a long term basis, even after all the upgrade work was done. I'd cross that bridge when I got to it. I wondered how full William and Mary's plate really was. I know they're not hurting in the business but I also knew they weren't as fully committed as I was now, considering the new contract.

I turned on some music and went out to the pool for a swim. I was missing Kay and needed something to keep myself occupied. I could use the exercise and it was one of the reasons I kept the pool ready for use. After twenty minutes of laps, I was worn out and winded. This wasn't supposed to happen; I needed to get in some exercise on a more regular basis. I wanted to be around for a long, long time now that I had Kay in my life. I pulled my sorry carcass out of the pool and laid out on a lounge to recover.

After resting and dozing for half an hour, I got up to go out for dinner. I thought about the Italian restaurant but decided against it; I didn't want to go there without Kay anymore. I ended up going to the diner. It was comfortable and they weren't too busy so I was able to sit in a booth with a coffee and a book. It was a lot like it was, B.K., before Kay.

I was still at the diner when Kay called.

"Hello there, wanderer. How are things out there in the great beyond?"

"They're beyond what I expected, that's for sure. We're in the hotel for the night. How are things back on the home range?"

"I found out today that I miss you but that's not a surprise, now, is it? I also found out I need to make sure I get exercise on a more regular basis. I went for a swim earlier and wore myself out a lot sooner than I thought would."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I wore myself out in twenty minutes, I should have lasted at least twenty-two."

"Oh, goody, the comedian is back, this time not on the road and not even in person. I have to be regaled over a phone, yuck, yuck, yuck."

"I'm really unhappy with myself. I know I've been busy the past few months but I shouldn't have needed a nap after swimming a few laps."

"If it's really that bad, I may have to reconsider my plans with you. I need someone who can keep up with me."

"So that's what you meant when you said you'd stick with me forever. I was hoping it would be a little longer than this."

"You misunderstand. I'm not planning on leaving or letting go of you; I'm saying I have to change my plans with you. I'm going to have to spend some time whipping you back into shape to keep up with me."

"That gives me a heck of a mental image, you standing over me with a whip in your hands."

"Uhh, that is a heck of an image. It didn't come to my mind when I was talking about whipping you into shape but I like it."

"Okay, despite the image, I agree, I can use some help and reminders to get out and exercise more. I really do need to do something at least three times a week. It doesn't always have to be the pool either. We have the bicycles and even walking is good. Now, can we move on, at least until you get back home? Tell me how your day has been."

"After I spoke with you this morning, I thought about what we said and then I talked with the guys. I learned that they knew more than I thought. They already knew about you and me from my birthday party. Turns out Linc has a good memory and figured out how I got my interview. They don't hold it against me and we all agree we're equals until we get back from this trip."

"It went okay?"

"It went well, actually. I'm more relaxed about things after we talked. Guy listened to everything, too. He talked with us in the bus and at lunch, it went a long way to making us all feel better. He also gave us a bit of a ground level education about working for the company. He's a nice guy and he talked with us, not to us. He helped us understand what happened this morning, more than Marcus did, I think. He was really helpful and supportive."

"I'm glad to hear that. Did you go to the air-field?"

"No, we came straight to the hotel; we didn't get here until after five. Guy gave us some ground rules and told us what the company would pay for and told us not to miss the bus. Then he told us what to do if we did."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, don't miss the bus, not if you want the company to think kindly of us. We have to be down for breakfast with Guy, by seven tomorrow. We'll leave right from breakfast for the air-field."

"So I take it you'll return to the hotel afterwards."

"Yeah, and we have homework to do when we're back here. We have booklets with information on all the air-fields and we have to study up for each one before we get to it."

"This is what I think is referred to as a 'makee-learnee' trip. You're there to learn, you can't learn if you're not ready to learn. Those booklets and that homework are to make sure you're ready to learn."

"Guy said something similar. He also said he'd have things for each of us to do but I don't know what those things are going to be."

"I, obviously, don't either. My best suggestion is have your eyes and ears open, so you can take in everything that comes your way. Take some time afterwards to sift through everything, filter and prioritize. Drop the small stuff and focus on the big things. I don't expect you to remember it all, the company won't either. Don't get bogged down with details, get the big picture, so you have the concepts to work from after you get back on Friday."

"Did you call Jim or Marcus today?"

"No, you told me you wanted to handle it. I'll make some calls if you want me to."

"No, I will. I was just checking because you might do something behind my back."

"I wouldn't do that to you, Kay."

"Yes you would, like you did when you set up my interview."

"Yeah, but it turned out well, didn't it?"

"Luckily for you or you'd have been in a lot of trouble. I'm going to ask to talk with Marcus when we get back; Linc and Ryan want to be with me when I do. I think they're doing it to show me their support, as much as anything else. In any case I appreciate it. I'm feeling better after our talk with Guy but I still have one thing I want to make sure of."

"What's that?"

"When he said that the company would be offering Linc and Ryan positions after graduation he didn't say I would be. I want to make sure I'm in the same place they are with the company and the guys do, too. Like I said, we think we're equals."

"I don't think it's necessary but if it will make you feel better then do it."

"Thanks. How was your day?"

"I spent a good part of it planning out the work I'm going to do at the resorts. I called William and Mary, I talked with them about covering for me while I'm out doing the inspections and then again when I'm out making the modifications. William is sure he can cover for me, at least for the on-line work. If any field work is required we'll look at it then and figure out what we'll do."

"It won't overload them?"

"I doubt it and William doesn't think so. I looked at all the places I've got to go and I'm going to be doing a lot of travel between now and Halloween. It's going to be tough to get it all done. After I do all the survey work and talk with the holding company I'll have a better idea of what I'm going to have to do and I'll be better able to plan the work trip. It's going to be very hard to get it all done on time. I may need them to help me out with what can slip beyond Halloween."

"Do you think they'll be okay with that?

"I think that if I give them the opportunity to help with the scheduling, they should be. The Halloween deadline is mostly for their ski resorts. I know skiing isn't a concern for the resorts in Florida or Hawaii."

"Unless it's waterskiing."

"Okay, it's your turn for the jokes, tell me another. In a way it's too bad you're going to be working or in school."

"Okay, what's the rest of the joke?"

"It's not a joke. It's too bad you going to be tied up. I would have loved for you to come with me when I go to Hawaii. They have three resorts there, one on Oahu, One on Kauai and one on the Big Island. I'm going to be hard pressed to get the inspections done in one week there."

"You're a rat; you know that, don't you?"

"I'll tell you what. When you get back, we'll sit down with the schedule and if there's any way you can be free for any part of my travels, I'll take you with me. Is that fair enough?"

"I guess. I know you're right about me being busy but you're going to owe me."

"I'll happily pay, any way that I can."

"I'll have to figure out a way for you to make it up to me."

"I'm going to miss you even more tonight. I've gotten very used to having you in bed with me and cuddling up to you at night."

"That's not all you've gotten used to, is it?"

"Uhh, you're a good back washer?"

"Beast! It's a good thing for you that your shoulder makes a good pillow or I'd have to look at trading you in."

"There you go again, trying to get rid of me."

"Not hardly."

"I know. I love you, Kay."

"I love you, too, Rob. You're too good to me and you do so much for me. I don't know why."

"I do it because you are you. I value you and what you bring to me. You've filled a hole in my life I didn't even realize was there."

"You're sweet."

"No sweeter than you deserve. Where are you?"

"I'm in my room and I wanted to give you a call before I took my shower and went to bed. It's been a long day and I'm tired. I know I didn't do much today but I'm still tired."

"You had an emotional day and that'll take it out of you as much as working your tail off."

"I'm going to go to bed as soon as I'm done with my shower. I'm not even going to stay up and watch any T.V."

"Okay, I'm going to go home and pay some attention to Sammy and Sandi since you're not here to do it."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm sitting in the diner. I had dinner here. I've been sitting in a corner with a cup of coffee and a book."

"Give them a treat for me when you get home."

"I will, baby."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Rob, but I'm going to get in the shower now. I love you, goodnight."

"I love you, too, goodnight." She was gone and I put up my phone. I finished the chapter I was reading and went home after leaving a good tip on the table. They hadn't given me any grief about taking up table space and had kept my coffee cup full.

When I got home, the cats met me at the door wanting their dinner. After feeding them, I settled in my chair to read for a little while longer before I went for my shower and bed. Once I was in bed, the cats jumped up and joined me. I remembered Kay's request so I made sure I gave each cat some strokes and told them they were from Kay before the three of us settled down to go to sleep.

When I got up in the morning I grabbed a couple of pieces of fruit and started working on them while I waited for my coffee. Coffee in hand, I went to my office and did my morning checks. When they were done I called Denver and spoke with Hank Stein about the schedule I worked out. I needed him to call ahead to each of the resorts so they would know I was coming and why. We set it up that I would then call them and make a reservation for my stay and they would know, hopefully, I wasn't the enemy. I would be there to help them.

After speaking with him I planned on driving that afternoon to Anaheim to their Disneyland area resort. I could leave after lunch and be there before the end of the work day. That way I could get started on the equipment survey before dinner, finish up in morning and be home in time to feed the cats tomorrow. Around eleven I called the resort to let them know I'd be there in the afternoon and would need a room for the night.

I pulled into the parking lot about three-thirty. When I went up to the desk and identified myself they were expecting me. Their I.T. guy came out to bring me to the equipment room. When we were there he went into defensive mode. It took me half an hour to convince him I wasn't attacking him and that when I was done, things would be better for him, for his resort and for the company as a whole.

Once I had him on my side, we went to work. At six he left, planning to be back in the morning ready to work until we were done. I took my notes to my room and went to dinner. I had just been seated when my phone rang, I knew it was Kay.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.