Through a Glass Dimly
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Like all my stories, this has religious overtones. If you don't like that, don't read it! It's a romance with a science fiction twist thrown in. Some different directions for them from other scifi treatments. Happy endings are nice things.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Anal Sex   First   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, science fiction romantic story, sci-fi romantic story

Lisa directed me toward the university. She said, "Being reasonably close will help me get use out of the office." We were getting close and she pointed. "Turn in there. This might be a solution."

'There' was an office condominium complex that looked well built. There was a model office with an agent and we went inside. A kind looking older woman was at the desk. She said, "May I help you?"

Lisa said, "We are looking for office space for the two of us and a secretary."

The woman stood and came over to shake hands with Lisa and then me. "I'm Charlene Cook. Let me show you what we have. These offices were designed for professionals except for a couple of buildings that are set up for medical offices..."

Lisa said, "I am Lisa Goodbody and this is my fiancé, Al Chambers. We are investors and need space for the two of us, a conference room, and a reception area with space for our employee." She took us on a tour of the space that was decorated. She said, "We have no other model but I can show you the buildings we have available for build out. We build two buildings at a time. We usually finish one in a standard manner and leave the other for purchasers to have us finish or to finish themselves to suit their needs and desires."

We went into one building that was completed and looked at a nice set of offices that would work for us. It had a small kitchenette area and bathroom with a large conference room. The offices were next to each other and reasonable in size. I could tell that Lisa liked it.

I said, "Let's talk pricing on this one."

She said, "Would you take it as it is or would you want additional finish work performed?"

"Either way would be good. Let's figure it as is and then we'll take bids on finish as we determine what we want." The walls were unpainted and no flooring had been installed.

We went back to the office and she had to talk to her boss who gave her a price. We took notes. I said, "This is the first place we have seen. It could work quite well but I want to check at least two more before making a decision."

"I understand. Mister Jeffords said that I could put a hold on it for one week before they did any additional work. After that, we would finish it and the price would increase slightly."

"That would be fine." We took a card with notes along with a brochure and left. I gave her my contact information. We only found one other place. It was a rental that wasn't ever going to be as nice.

I said, "Tomorrow afternoon, let's seal the deal with Charlene if that suits you."

Lisa said, "It does. I noticed a back door, too. We can put a bike rack there so I can use a bike to get over to buildings in the university complex. I have one over there now though don't use it as much as I once did."

We headed home and unloaded my car. By then, Paul was home and we all met in the kitchen.

He said, "You caused a bit of excitement at the bank this morning." He grinned.

"Andrews didn't distinguish himself this morning." Lisa said. "We did get some other things done in addition to put a stick in Avril's spokes. We met with Marv' and he will represent us. James had a drawing of the garage addition that looks great. Then, we found an office that would work."

Paul and Linda both said, "An office?"

Lisa continued. "Yes, an office. We already have an employee and might have a second if the bank's board keeps Andrews. I think Mister Jenkins will leave. We have made it clear that Andrews leaving is a condition of our not moving our funds from the bank. It's no bluff on our part. That man is a lawsuit waiting for the bank. He also is out of step with customer service. In the board meeting, you may state that we will not continue to deal with a bank that keeps Andrews on its staff in any position. Al will be letting that be known tomorrow at the Optimist Club meeting."

Paul said, "You are making this a war."

I said, "No, we are dealing with a principle called right and wrong. The man is going to get the bank in trouble. We heard enough of his treatment of a receptionist that she has grounds for a discrimination suit and would win. She will be working for us as soon as her notice is complete. Community Bank can keep him, if the board wants to do that. We will take our business elsewhere and will not deal with board members as Mister Avril was advised today.

"I think Mister Jenkins will view this as a vote of confidence and leave if he is not supported. He will then become our second employee or we will be his first investment clients. Lisa says that you've known him for many years. If he leaves and Andrews stays, what will you do?"

Paul said, "I will have to tender my resignation and begin moving accounts to terminate my relationship with the bank. You two are the elephants in the room. Your money is too big to ignore unless it develops into a force-out on Robert. It should be an interesting board meeting."

Linda had been cooking while we talked in the kitchen. She said, "It's time to eat. After Paul prays, tell us about your office."

We served our plates, Paul prayed, and Lisa began to talk about the house with the garage. Then, she moved to the office. She said, "We think we will have enough business interests to justify an office plus it is close to the university making it easy for me to go over for research and work there. Pam is a nice young lady and will be able to handle receptionist and secretarial chores quite well. She doesn't fluster easily even when Andrews was beating down on her. Initially, her biggest job will be handling the phones and greeting visitors. We want Chambers and Chambers to be a friendly place."

Linda said, "You've already named it?"

Lisa said, "I have unless Al has a better idea."

I ventured, "How about New Life Investments?"

"That would work, too. We'll talk about it before we buy a sign."

When it was acceptably late, we went to bed and loved. In the morning, I would go with Paul and she with Linda. This would be the longest separation we had sustained since that last night I spent in the apartment!

I left with Paul after giving my bride to be a kiss. She and Linda would spend the morning looking at dresses and eat. I would get a report after lunch.

Paul and I drove into his office. We took the grand tour of his plant. At one point, I stopped him and made a suggestion. Paul looked surprised and then watched for a moment. He went to the machine operator and talked with him. The operator nodded. When the machine started back into operation, the change had been made. We watched for a minute. The operator looked over and smiled. We continued on. Paul asked me about it and I said, "He had wasted motion and that change would make his job easier and a little faster."

Paul said, "I'm going to have you tour everything using that same judgmental eye. I like making things easier for my people."

We returned to his office and, shortly thereafter, left for the luncheon.

At the luncheon, I quickly realized that what I had figured, namely that Paul was well known and liked, was true. I met the rest of the bank's board being introduced as Paul's future son in-law and the latest lottery winner. Two of the board members who were antagonistic to Jenkins cornered me at one point and asked about my investment plans. I decided that a frontal attack was comfortable for me. I said, "I went to the bank yesterday. I was treated poorly and watched a bank officer treat an employee in a demeaning and uncivil manner. I believe a board meeting will resolve the matter. If the man continues at the bank, my money will not."

One of them couldn't hold back and asked, "Who is this person?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.