Through a Glass Dimly
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 11 - Like all my stories, this has religious overtones. If you don't like that, don't read it! It's a romance with a science fiction twist thrown in. Some different directions for them from other scifi treatments. Happy endings are nice things.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Science Fiction   Anal Sex   First   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, science fiction romantic story, sci-fi romantic story

Monday morning just before ten o'clock, the phone began going nuts. The money had landed in our accounts and bank officers began to call. We were taking a late shower and just getting dressed. Linda caught the phone. She said, "She's not available right now. I will be glad to take a message. No, he's not available either. I will tell them you called."

We came downstairs and she said, "The explosion went off. That was the chief of investments for the bank. He knows Paul. I think we've met at the country club. Our last name is rare enough that he found out who you are, Lisa. He will try to be your buddy unless he catches your father before you see him. Al, he doesn't know you other than what his research in the paper has shown him. The story broke this morning. I have a copy of the article." We both frowned. She went on, "You should read it so you know what everyone else is reading."

I said, "Let's see it. You're right on that point."

We stood in the kitchen reading together. We were neatly dressed in slacks and nice shirts and good shoes. We had decided that wearing our workout outfits probably wasn't a good idea, though appealing. The article was simple and showed no history other than that we were newly engaged. I said, "Linda, you might want to ignore the phone or at least catch it with the answering machine. We will have long lost cousins coming out of the woodwork along with all kinds of offers and wants."

Both heads popped up. Linda said, "I hadn't thought of that. I'll put this phone on instant answer. If you want me, use your cell phones to call mine." We later found that Paul had his receptionist hold his calls after the first six or eight. The bank president had called before he began that policy though we didn't find that out until in the evening.

We pulled into the bank parking lot in my car and walked in. Of course, no one knew whom we were and my car would be kindly described as nondescript. I said, "Ma'am, my fiancé and I would like to talk to someone about investing some money."

The young woman looked at me and smiled. "Yes, sir. If the two of you would have a seat, I will get someone to help you." We sat down and she called to someone in another office. She kept her voice down but I could hear her tone of shock and dismay. I heard her say, "I don't know. I'll ask them."

She rose from her desk and walked rapidly over to us. She had a tremor in her voice when she said, "Are you Mister Chambers and Miss Goodbody?"

I responded, "Yes, we are. Wait!" She stopped. I said gently, "You sounded worried. You have done nothing wrong yet something is wrong."

She said, "I was told that I should have recognized you and failed to do that."

Lisa said, "Why should you have recognized us? You don't know us and I doubt if you've read the paper this morning."

She said, "I still don't know why I should have recognized you. I've only been here a month and am still on probation. It was my boss who was angry."

Lisa said, "What is your name?"

"Pamela White."

"Miss White," I said, "I have a plan for you. It will be good. Who was it who threatened you?"

"Mis-mister Andrews."

"Please respond to Mister Andrews. Lisa, we will listen in."

"Mister Andrews, they are Mister Chambers and Miss Goodbody. Who are they?"

We could hear the reply. "You stupid bitch! They won the lottery! It was in the paper this morning. Pammy, you're in trouble. I'll be right out." We heard the phone slam down.

I said, "Is he the president of the bank, Miss White?"

"No, sir."

"I saw you wince, I guess you don't like to be called 'Pammy' do you?"

"No, sir. I've always felt it was demeaning."

"I'm guessing Mister Andrews is aware of that?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Al, deal with Andrews. Pam, how much do you make?"

"I make eight dollars an hour until I get off probation. Then, I get a raise to eight fifty."

Lisa said, "We'll start you at ten. Give your notice. Here's my number." She wrote quickly on a small sheet of paper including the words, "Pam White, job working for me at ten dollars an hour as soon as she is available. Lisa signed it and gave it to Pam.

Andrews came in muttering as he came. When he saw me, he put a smile on his face and stretched out his hand. I ignored it. I said, "Andrews? I'm Al Chambers. Tell the president of the bank that my fiancé and I are here."

He now looked troubled and angry. He saw Lisa shaking hands with Pam who was holding Lisa's in both of hers. He said in a stern tone, "Miss White, inform Mister Jenkins that Miss Goodbody and Mister Chambers are here and will be in my office."

I looked at him and said, "I don't think so. We will wait out here. We just need to pick up a cashier's check for our money. We will go elsewhere."

I left him in shock and went over to Lisa and Pam. I smiled. "Pam, please ask Mister Jenkins to meet me in his lobby at his convenience. Tell him nothing of my conversation with Andrews, please."

She went to her desk and her phone. Lisa looked at me and said, "Remind me to never make you mad."

"You would never treat someone like Andrews treated our first employee."

"You noticed that."

"Yes, hiring her is a good idea."

Mister Jenkins came hurrying in and Andrews came up to him. Mister Jenkins went pale. He resumed his progress toward us with Andrews tagging along behind him. He said, "Miss Goodbody, Mister Chambers, I am Robert Jenkins. How may I help you today?"

I said, "Mister Jenkins, Is Andrews one of your hires?"

He said carefully, "No, he was hired by our former investing officer about two years ago. Why do you ask?"

Lisa said, "He was cruel to an employee in our hearing and is an idiot in dealing with customers. We will not deal with a bank where he is employed. My dad likes you or we would have already left with our accounts being moved. That man treats employees in a demeaning manner and leered at me. I don't work for him so he can't bother me. Your employees are in a different situation."

I said, "I'm sorry, Mister Jenkins. I had hoped we could create a positive banking relationship with your bank. That appears impossible. Good bye."

Andrews said, "Robert, that stupid little broad didn't recognize them! I merely chastised her for failing to do her job properly."

"Joe, did you tell anyone to be alert for Mister Chambers and Miss Goodbody if they came in to see us?"

"No, I was going to but was busy."

"Joe, you have cost us millions in business this morning and three good employees have already left the bank. I care what Mister Chambers and Miss Goodbody do but you have apparently given them a mindset about our bank that makes me ashamed. You are suspended without pay pending termination. I can do that without the board. Get out!"

Jenkins looked back at us. "Please, wait a moment."

He went to Pam and said, "Miss White, I don't know what he said to you though I know what he said to me. I am ashamed of my bank. I hope you will stay with the bank but I would understand if you leave for almost any different situation. Give us a chance." She looked troubled but nodded.

Mister Jenkins turned to us and said, "Would you please sit down and talk with me for a few moments. I apologize for Andrews. It may be difficult but the board and I have different views on his continued employment."

We all sat down in the lobby in front of Pam's desk. Lisa said, "Mister Jenkins, my dad has always had nice things to say about you and his relationship with the bank. I was perhaps more shocked than Al with Andrews' words. We didn't even hear the first phone conversation just its aftermath.

"Is it possible for us or my dad to talk with your board about this situation?"

He replied, "Your father is on the board. He's been a supporter and a friend. He will do what he can."

I said, "Mister Jenkins, a question, please. How large are Lisa's and my accounts compared to others in the bank?"

He said, "Each of your accounts are the largest in the bank by many, many millions. If one of you invested ten million through us, that would represent the largest single investment we would handle. It would be about a tenth of our total in the investing department."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.