Evelyn - Cover

Evelyn

Copyright© 2013 by awnlee jawking

Chapter 8

Spanking Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Dave hasn't yet met Miss Right but has plenty of fun practising with a bevy of willing Miss Right Nows. Then he meets the enigmatic Evelyn, who rebuffs his advances. Has he met his match?

Caution: This Spanking Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Spanking   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Slow  

When I got to work, there was already a message waiting for me from Corinne Devlin. Corinne was my PA, a very short, very round middle- aged black woman, married with three kids. She was very good at her job, almost unnoticeably sorting the wheat from the chaff for me, and I had little doubt she could do my job if she wanted. However she had made it clear from the outset that her family was her only priority, and she had no ambitions to progress further.

Although we didn't socialise, we had a good working relationship. She tolerated my flexibility towards my working hours and I was happy to give her plenty of leeway for family emergencies and the like.

Corinne's message was that her middle child was sick so she had to take the day off. She had alerted Personnel that I might need a temp for the day.

I surveyed the pile of work on my desk and decided a temp would be more of a hindrance than a help; all they could do was answer the phone and scan for urgent e-mails then end up asking me what to do anyway. If anything was that important people could contact me directly, otherwise it could wait till after the weekend.

I worked steadily through the day. There would be a lot of mildly unhappy sales staff, grousing about their bonuses being delayed a week, but I could live with that - the European situation took priority. Still, perhaps it was time to start training an assistant.

About half past five, when my backlog was nearly clear and I was anticipating a vigorous workout at the gym, the phone rang.

'What now?' I thought to myself, remembering that it was about this time yesterday that Harriet had called for help. 'Not another emergency I hope.'

"Hi Dave, it's Dean Critchley," said the voice at the other end. "We have a situation and I need a huge favour from you."

My heart sank. Dean Critchley was the Sales Director and a board member, based in our west coast office. In a strange hierarchy of responsibility he was one of my two bosses, and although we had a good working relationship, we rarely had a lot of personal interaction.

"Let me explain the circumstances," Dean continued. "Earlier this week, my opposite number in our largest customer did the courtesy of ringing me to explain why they wouldn't be renewing their contract with us. I conducted an emergency review and discovered that Brant Hobermann had been changing contracts without authorisation to huge benefit to himself. I fired him half an hour ago."

Brant Hobermann was my opposite number on the west coast. The territory demarcation was weird - I had the east coast local to where I worked, Brant Hobermann had the rest of the Americas, then I had the rest of the world. Brant Hobermann's workload was far greater than mine and he had a team of three working for him, plus their support staff.

"I know you turned down a permanent relocation to the west coast, but I desperately need you to come out here for a week or so and firefight," said Dean. "You're the only one I trust to see the big picture and act appropriately. I really liked the way you handled the Japanese situation, the way you made short-term concessions in order to secure the long term. You'd be guaranteed a free hand, any reasonable expenses, and I dare say there might be a bonus for you if you manage to turn things round."

"What about the workload here?" I asked. "I don't have any support staff other than my PA."

"Brant had three subordinates. They came through the emergency review relatively unscathed so we're keeping them. How about if I send one of them to take your place for a week? Ben Franklin, he's a steady guy. Your PA should be able to show him the ropes and he can always contact you if another Japan happens."

I thought about the prospect of Harriet, someone I barely knew, living alone in in my apartment for a week.

"It's not really a good time at the moment. Can I think about it and let you know?"

"Okay, but don't take too long. Let me know by close of business today then I can get my PA to book flights and a hotel."

I couldn't stay in my office while I thought things through, so I got in my car and started driving. The customer was one of the largest in the USA and they did a lot of business with us. If we lost them it would be a major disaster for the company. We would no doubt survive, but there would be job losses."

I suddenly realised I was not far from the Devlins' home. I had never been there, but I knew where Corinne lived from her personnel records. Somehow it seemed as though it was predestined. I turned the car and drove the rest of the short distance to Corinne's house. I felt mildly guilty about not telephoning first, but it seemed a bit stupid now I was parked outside.

It was a nice property and well maintained. The Devlins were doing well. I knew Corinne earned a decent wage and she deserved it. I recalled that her husband Ron was in construction, and I guessed he must be doing well too.

After I rang the Devlins' doorbell, the door opened after perhaps a minute. A tall, wiry black man answered, and the delicious smell of cajun cooking wafted out the door.

"Mr Devlin?" I asked.

"Do I know you?" he responded suspiciously.

"I'm Dave Rawson. I work with Corinne. If it's not inconvenient, I wonder if I might talk to her for a few minutes."

"Is it about her taking the day off?"

"No, that's absolutely not a problem. I want to ask her advice about something that's happening at work."

Ron Devlin broke into a broad smile and stretched out his hand.

"Corinne always says you're the best boss she's ever had. Come in. She's bathing the young one before putting him to bed but she shouldn't be long."

We shook hands. Ron's grip was firm but not overpowering.

"Thank you," I said, entering the house. "How is Ron junior?"

"A lot better. The doctor gave him something and his temperature's coming down and he no longer seems feverish. Take a seat," he said indicating the lounge, "and I'll let Corinne know you're here."

A couple of minutes later Ron joined me in the lounge.

"She said she'll be about fifteen minutes. She wants to read him a bedtime story but he drops off pretty quickly."

I couldn't help but laugh, causing Ron to look at me as though I was mad.

"Sorry," I said. "The Sales Director is trying to push me for a decision and I'm waiting for a bedtime story to finish. I think that's entirely the right priority."

Ron started laughing too - loud, hearty guffaws. "Would you like a drink while we wait? Tea, coffee, soda? Both sides of our family have suffered because of alcohol so we're totally dry; no beer I'm afraid."

Shame, a beer would have gone down nicely. "Tea, white, no sugar please."

Ron disappeared into the kitchen. I heard the kettle boiling, then shortly afterwards he came back with two steaming mugs; tea for me, coffee for himself.

"So Dave, have you got any kids?" Ron asked, then immediately looked as though he regretted asking. Presumably Corinne had told him a bit about me.

"Not yet. I haven't met the right woman. But I'm having a lot of fun auditioning the also-rans."

Ron again guffawed loudly, perhaps relieved that I'd made a joke about it. I asked him about his job, and he explained he was management nowadays, which was physically less taxing and significantly more rewarding.

Corinne slipped into the room almost unnoticed. Despite the almost comical disparity in height with her husband, the love and respect in both directions was obvious.

"Hi Mr Rawson, sorry to keep you waiting. I've spent all day worrying about Ron junior and I really needed a few minutes quality time with Michael. What do you want to talk to me about?"

"Brant Hobermann was fired this afternoon," I said, giving it to her straight. "He was cheating on the contracts, and as a result our biggest customer has given notice. Critchley wants me to spend a week on the west coast fixing the mess. He's thinking of sending one of Hobermann's subordinates here to cover for me. I'd like to know what you think. Should I go? Would you like a temporary replacement for me? For what it's worth I reckon you could do my job in my absence."

Corinne thought for a moment. "I probably could do your job, but then who would do mine? I'd have to get a temp in and spend all my time holding their hand. Besides, I don't want the responsibility. I wouldn't have been able to take today off if I were in charge. I think you have to go. If we lose our biggest customer there will be job losses, and I can imagine how hard that would hit people. It would make our lives very uncomfortable if I lost my job."

I nodded thoughtfully. That was pretty much what I had been thinking so I was glad we were in agreement.

"What about my replacement - any preferences? Critchley's first thought was Ben Franklin but thinking about it, he's a straight-up, steady, mature sort of guy and probably the best person to leave in charge after I come back. Perhaps he ought to be with me helping to sort things out."

"I don't mind," said Corinne. "I'm sure they must all be capable so between us we should be able to cope."

"Fine, I'll ring Critchley and let him know. I've got a phone in my car."

"Have you eaten yet, Mr Rawson? We're having gumbo, my mama's recipe. I always make too much so there's plenty to go round."

My first instinct was to politely decline, but the gumbo smelt really good. And why shouldn't I spend some time getting to know Corinne and her family. They were good people. "Thank you, Corinne, I'd love to. On one condition: you and your husband call me Dave."

"Okay, Dave," she said with a smile, stressing the 'Dave' as though testing it out.

I was pleased to see Ron also seemed happy with my staying.

I went out to my car and dialled Dean Critchley's number. Denise, his PA, answered and quickly put me through.

"Okay, I'll come," I said.

"Great. I'll get Denise to book a flight for tomorrow morning if possible and a hotel starting tomorrow night, and arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport and ferry you around."

"Thank you. By the way, I've been thinking about who you should send in the other direction. I reckon Ben Franklin would be a good, steady guy to take over the west coast side of things when I've finished, in which case he really ought to be shadowing me next week so he's up to speed."

"Good point. I'll send one of the others. And thank you, I owe you one."

"Don't thank me until the end of the week in case I make things worse rather than better."

"I doubt that, but at least I'll know we had our best man on the job. I don't suppose there's any chance of tempting you out here permanently? You'll get a big raise, and you'll have a team working under you."

"Thanks for the offer, but I've got too many ties to this area. Besides, I'm enjoying my part in trying to expand the international business." That was a reference to my other boss, who worked on the East Coast on the rare occasions he wasn't jetting round the world.

"Okay then. See you next week."

As soon as I re-entered the Devlins' home, Corinne called out, "Cecile, time for dinner."

"Coming, Mama," responded a young girl from upstairs.

A short time later the voice's owner appeared in the dining room, a really pretty girl of about ten with huge, limpid eyes. She was going to be a stunner when she grew up. As soon as she saw me she developed a look like a startled deer and tried to hide behind her mother, an impossible feat since she was already slightly taller.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.