The Presidents Assasins
Chapter 2: Terrorist Calling

Copyright© 2013 by Frabarn

August 12th the phone rang in the President's office at Davidson IT. Bob Davidson answered and received a one word message, "Desert". Immediately he called the Century 21 office in Pueblo West. Bob asked the person answering the call if they had any property for sale in the desert region north and west of Pueblo. The response was," I am sorry that property was sold yesterday to a Company out of New York". Bob thanked them for their time and hung up. Going into the room off the side of his office, Bob put his area on a lock down status. Bob then made calls to his brother Bill and Grandparents David, Dean and Diane. Once a conference connection was established between the five parties the meeting was called to order. Bob began the meeting by saying. "I received confirmation 15 minutes ago that a group of men of Arabic decent off loaded several containers in New York. These containers were loaded onto trucks with a bill of laden for Colorado Springs. Century 21 confirmed that purchase of the property that we have been observing closed yesterday." It seems that Operation Desert is about to begin.

Grandpa Dean ask if the preparations had been completed. Bill took over the meeting at this point. "All of the surveillance equipment requested has been installed and tested. Command is just waiting for orders to activate. Our three construction companies have placed their bids with the appropriate persons. The munitions that are estimated to be needed are in the bunker at the facility. Uncle Joel says that road construction on Road 15 running to the east of the property has been scheduled to begin when we pass the word. I think we are as ready as we can be." Grandma Diane said quietly, "Activate Operation Desert."

Brandy Davidson was busy fixing her children's lunch, when a buzzer sounded and the red light over the pantry turned on. Telling her oldest daughter Belinda to take over preparation she went into the pantry and closed the door. After pushing on a decorative plate for the US Air Force Academy the back wall of the pantry opened up reveling a command center. Lights were turned on as the wall moved. Brandy turned on all the equipment in the room and made sure all were operating as required. When the equipment testing was completed she picked up a secure phone and said "Ready". The control room was now active and would be manned until Operation Desert was completed. Having completed lunch preparations Belinda (18) enter the control center with her younger brother Ben (17) and younger sister Bobbie (15). These four would be the core group manning the control center. The three teens signed the schedule acknowledging acceptance of their shifts. Since Bobbie had the first shift the other three left to resume their chores.

Linda Eckert, David Davidson and George Ley received a text message stating "Dinner at 8:00 don't be late." This activated a surveillance schedule of officers so they would be aware of exactly when the trucks arrived. At least one family member was scheduled for each shift. Unknown to each other Linda, David and George all headed to the range for target practice. They had a quiet chuckle when they all drove up together. Before the day was over most of the Davidson family and friends visiting a range close to their home.

George was parked on an overpass on I-25 about 2:30 the morning of August 15th when he saw the trucks. Taking out his phone he called his house which forwarded to the command center. His two word statement was "I'm Home." Belinda who was manning the control center sent out an all page to those involved in the operations stating, "Dinner tonight at the ranch." All team members to be used on the operation were now advised it was a go.

Over the next three weeks the property of interest was monitored for all activity. Brandy's cousin Janice and her kids John (17), James (16) and Jenny (15) were added to the control center staff. The surveillance equipment that had been installed enabled the control center to keep track of everyone visiting the site. Rocky Mountain Concrete, a Davidson company was awarded the foundations for the construction of what was to be a compound. Because of their surveillance they were able to insert blocks of c-4 munitions every 4 feet in the foundation with lines leading to a power pole that only the Davidsons knew had only one use. Frank Barnes Construction, another Davidson company was awarded the bid for all windows and doors throughout the compound. These windows and doors were schedule for and received only the latest in high tech locks and closures. However each door and window had a back door switch that only the Davidson family had the codes for. Each room was wired for room to room communication. These had a radio attached that sent a signal to the control center. When the compound was finished the Russians during the cold war would have been proud of the job done. All radios and mechanical switches would lay dormant until the correct frequency activated them. The gentlemen from New York did the walk through on the compound and with high praise accept the work.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.