Brittany and Chad, Book 3 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 3

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

[Chad] It's March and our house is coming out of the ground. The weather has been good and Mister Charles is elated. He wanted to be ahead to give extra time later if it were needed. It's also close to birthday time.

Britt was visiting with Grandmother Thornton when Mom and Dad approached me. Dad said, "It's getting close to a birthday. How much are you short?"

I blushed. "Does it show that I'm nervous?" They nodded. "I still need four hundred fifty-one dollars and forty-two cents."

Mom said, "You seem to have the amount well known"

"I have been sweating it for a while. I just can't seem to close on it."

Dad said, "I have two things for you. One is from Mitch and Dora. The other is from Lois and I." He handed me two checks totaling four hundred seventy dollars. If you go now, you can make the deposit, get to Jacqui's before they close, and pick up the ring. Her birthday is Monday but we will celebrate it Sunday. You can give it to her in church.

"Thank you both and thank Mitch and Dora. I will thank them personally when I see them next."

I left quickly making the deposit. Then I hurried to Jacqui's Jewelry and picked up the ring that I had put on layaway. I didn't have it wrapped but just had it in it's little box. When I got home, Britt still wasn't back. I asked Mom if she would put it in her purse for Sunday. She smiled and nodded.

I wandered over to Grandmother Thornton's house and knocked. I heard, 'Come in." She and Britt were sitting together on the sofa talking. I came up behind them and gave both a hug and a kiss. Grandmother Thornton said, "I was going over my crystal with your ladylove. I want the two of you to have as much as you want. My son and his wife don't care for it. I know Britt will give it a loving home. You will, too, Chad." She looked at me and I smiled. She said, "You're going to celebrate Britt's birthday tomorrow, right?" I nodded. She said, "Then I'm coming to church with you and then lunch. I have my present to you already wrapped, Britt. Tomorrow, I'll have Chad put it in his car. I don't know if you will go out to eat or come back home. I want to be ready either way."

After a bit more, she sent us home reminding to come get in her in time for Sunday school and church. We had supper and eventually went upstairs.

Britt was almost fierce. She said, "Chad, I want to see my ring!"

I held up my left hand showing her the signet ring she gave me at Christmas. "This one?"

"No! You know which one! I want to see it!"

"I don't have it, ladylove."

"Chad, the jewelry store is closed tomorrow! You can't make me wait until Monday night!"

"Britt, Monday is your real birthday."

"Chad, we're celebrating tomorrow! You know that! Don't do this to me!"

"Ladylove, I promise you'll get that ring when the time is right. Trust me!"

"I will but I don't want to wait!"

"I understand. Dad says that good things come to those that wait. It won' be very long."

"Chad, you're being difficult but I'll wait. I've waited this long, I can and will wait for as long as it takes."

We got in bed and loved hard and long.

In the morning, we rose and went down for coffee as usual. No one said anything about a birthday. I could see Britt almost seethe. I leaned over and said, "Happy birthday, ladylove."

We showered and, when I got out, I began to shave. I said, "Please, ladylove. Put your hair up today." She smiled at me shyly as she did that with both of us naked. When we were ready, we looked out the door and ran for our room. Mom had put new outfits for both of us on our bed. Britt's was a white mini dress with blue trim and hose. Mine was a pair of white slacks with a blue shirt that matched the trim of her dress.

Britt looked at the clothes and said, "Mom strikes again. It's in a good way but sometimes I feel like we're dolls that she dresses." She laughed lightly. She began to dress and had to remove her bra. The dress had one built in because the back did not lend itself to the possibility of a bra at all. It wasn't as showy as the red dress but showed a lot of back for church. She wore the pantyhose only because the dress was tight enough that panty lines showed.

My pants were tight but I managed to get them on. The blue shirt was even brighter against the white pants and would show well against Britt's dress. We shrugged and went downstairs. I was wearing my ring and Britt was wearing the necklace. I put in on her neck with a kiss.

We came downstairs and Mom clapped while Dad whistled. Mom was wearing her LBD church version while Dad was dressed in his usual suit and tie. We went across and brought Grandmother Thornton back. Britt had her arm while I was carrying a very heavy wrapped package.

Eric and Mel drove up and would ride with Mom and Dad while Grandmotoher Thornton would ride with us. Grandmother Thornton smiled and patted Britt's arm. "Be patient, dear. All will be well."

"I know but I want it well now!" Grandmother Thornton chuckled.

I pulled out and followed Dad to the church. In the parking lot and our class, Britt drew stares from men and women and not a few wolf whistles. Tobias and Jan came up to us and said, "You two are knock outs. You truly look like a couple." We were both hugged and kissed by Jan and Tobias though he didn't kiss me.

We went through Sunday school though Mister Raines was distracted whenever he looked at Britt.

After class, we walked into the sanctuary with Mom and Dad, Eric and Mel, and Grandmotoher Thornton with Britt and me bringing up the rear. Mom took an instant to pass the ring box to me as we were seated.

Pastor Bob asked for announcements. He made a few and heard a few from the congregation. Britt was restless. Pastor Bob came out front. "There is one more special announcement to be made. It's one we've been waiting to hear for sometime." He looked at me. I stood and lifted Britt to her feet. I pulled the box out as I went to one knee. I said, "Ladylove, would you accept this ring to formalize our engagement and our agreement to marry? I love you so very much!"

Her eyes widened and tears came to them as she nodded. "Yes, beautiful man! Yes!" She pulled me to her and we kissed hard right there and then in the middle of church until our toes tingled. I put the ring on her finger. She put her arms around me and kissed me again. Our family stood up and began clapping. They were quickly joined by the rest of the church standing, cheering, and clapping.

Pastor Bob said, "This engagement may be one of the more anticipated announcements in the history of this church but that fact does not lessen the joy in its occurrence."

The sermon was waiting for the right time. He read that title and looked at us smiling. The congregation gave him the expected laugh. After the sermon and benediction, we were mobbed.

Grandmother Thornton sat down again. She had figured out the program.

Lots of people were saying that it's about time or now we'll have to wait for the wedding. Even those were congratulating us on our engagement. Finally, it was just family, which included Mitch and Dora and Grandmother Thornton.

We headed to Louis' for lunch. Britt and I escorted Grandmother Thornton followed by the other couples. We stepped in and Louis greeted Britt and said, "It's a lovely ring for a lovely lady." He then greeted Grandmother Thornton saying, "Grandmother Thornton, you must be proud of your granddaughter. I hope she is as lovely as you when she matures." He gave her a hug.

He guided us to a large table and seated each lady and shook hands with the men. He finally came around to Britt and me. He said, "Miss Brittany, I am honored again that you grace my establishment with your beauty."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.