Brittany and Chad, Book 2
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

School began this Monday in an interesting way. Janice started with Toby in attendance. Their classes were the same with Janice joining him in all the honors' classes. They met the rest of us for lunch. It was interesting to watch both be frustrated at the school rule against displays of affection. Janice had her chair scooted hard up against Toby's. Finally, she said, "Tobias, put your arm around me! This is unbearable!" Toby did as she said.

Britt said, "Janice, how are your parents coming along?"

She said, "My dad is at work and Mom is out looking at houses with Tobias' mother. She's a realtor. We don't want to stay at the hotel long. Usually, we have time to research neighborhoods and find a new house. Our old house is sold and our furniture is on the way. If they don't find a house quickly, it will have to be stored.

"My parents like Tobias but don't want us hanging around the hotel and definitely not in my room. It's just not fun!"

Britt said, "When school is done, call your mother and tell her that you are coming over to our house. We can work together on homework. Mom comes home about the same time as we do. Maybe she can invite your parents and Toby's mom for supper."

Janice brightened. "That does sound good! May Tobias join us?"

I chuckled. "I figured that when Britt made the offer."

Janice blushed. "Uh, I, uh, didn't know how to say that but I hope he will."

Britt laughed. "He will!"

We left for our classes after agreeing to meet at my car after school.

We met and Toby left her with us promising to join us when he finished work. Janice got in front next to Britt. She said, "Britt, I can see this old car has an advantage that I hadn't realized."

Britt said, "We are keeping this car for a long time. We may get a new car but this one is special to us, now." I didn't take long to get home. Mom pulled up as we were getting out of the car.

She came out the garage and said, "Hello, kids. Hello, Janice. How's your hand?"

Janice grinned. "It's lonely but Tobias has to work. He will be here later if that's okay."

"Of course."

Britt said, "Mom, we thought you might have the Anderson's and Missus Martin over for supper. Janice said that none of them like hotel food."

Mom smiled. "That's a good idea. Who can we call, Janice?"

"My mom is with Missus Martin looking at houses. She will have her phone. Dad doesn't carry his in the plant."

Mom said, "Give me the number and I will call her."

Janice said, "Just use mine. Here."

Mom made the call and arranged for the Anderson's and the Martin's to have supper at the house. She handed the phone back to Janice... "Thanks, they will be here late this afternoon." She looked at me and said, "Toby is coming after work?"

"Yes, Mom."

"Okay. Hit the books you three." We did. We didn't have a lot but we worked industriously and finished everything up but some reading. We cleared the table and went into the living room. I sat down with Britt curled into my side.

Janice saw us touch and s said, "What's it like living with Chad?"

"I love it and him. My life is really, really good and my beautiful man is right in the center of it."

Janice said, "I read the newspaper reports of you in the hospital with Chad. Did you really stay with him 'round the clock?"

"Yes. I prayed and read to him from his journal so he would know that he had to come back. My beautiful man did, too!"

"Always, ladylove."

Janice said, "I've heard you use those terms before. They were even in the paper."

Britt explained the meanings behind them. Janice responded, "That's beautiful. I wonder if Tobias and I will ever care that much."

I said, "Janice, you have known each other for less than two days. Be patient. We didn't develop those names overnight and some never do. It doesn't lessen the love other people have and express."

Britt said, "Just think. You can wear heels with Toby! He will be taller."

Janice' head jerked up. "I've never worn heels before. Of course, I've only had two dates. Do really think Tobias will ask me out?"

Britt said, "Did the sun rise this morning?

"Of course, it did. Oh!"

She looked at us carefully. She said, "Do you mind if I ask you something personal?"

Britt said, "You may ask. I might not answer."

"I'll understand. I've never seen a couple quite like the two of you. Are you intimate? Uh, I mean. I, uh."

Britt said, "Yes."

Janice colored up. She said, "I've never done anything. I want to know. Is sex as good as rumors say it is?"

Britt smiled. "I don't know about the rumors. Making love is better than you can imagine. However, sex is only a small piece of that. If Chad and I never had sex again, I would miss it but there is so much more to making love than that act." She snuggled up against me with a slight shiver. "When Chad was in the coma, I missed his eyes looking at me, his voice talking to me, his arm around me, and his hands touching me. I would miss the sex. What is really important is the love we share. Even in school when I'm not supposed to touch him, I can still feel his eyes on me. That's the kind of thing that makes me shiver."

Dad came home quickly followed by Mister Anderson and then his wife and Missus Martin. Dad removed his coat and tie but otherwise didn't change clothes. Mister Anderson came in without a coat and tie. Missus Anderson and Missus Martin were dressed for business as was Mom. The three of us had never changed from school. Toby came in a few minutes later fresh from work. The adults had wine and we had cokes. When we sat down, the adults had one end of the dining table and we had the other. I was put at one end with Britt by my side. Janice was beside me with Toby beside her.

Mom cooked a wonderful meal and everyone enjoyed the conversations. I noticed that Missus Anderson smiled a few times hearing about Toby's classes with her daughter. Janice was relating how she, Britt, and I had completed our homework and studying. Missus Anderson asked Toby when he got his done.

He said, "I usually do it after I get home. My main problem is writing fast enough. The work is really easy." Britt and I knew that Toby had the highest score on the SAT's of anyone in school and the second highest grade point average! It was just that his size seemed to keep people from realizing how smart he really is.

Missus Martin said, "Tobias, you can't let your grades suffer. You have to get scholarships for college."

"Mom, I am being courted by three colleges for full ride football scholarships and qualify for five scholastic ones. Ease off, please."

Missus Anderson said, "Pam, that's better than Janice has in the way of offers! We also have Ben's company's tuition plan to get her through."

Missus Martin said, "Ever since Tobias' father and I divorced, it's been tight. When he was killed in an accident, it left no money to help. I want him to be sure to get a college education."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.