Brittany and Chad, Book 2 - Cover

Brittany and Chad, Book 2

Copyright© 2013 by radio_guy

Chapter 2

As visiting hours ground to an end, I was tired and so was Britt. We lay down on the bed together to rest for a bit. I heard a knock and said, "Come in." I sat up. It was Pastor Bob.

He said, "If this is a bad time, I can leave."

I said, "Pastor Bob, it's been a long day and we needed to be horizontal for a time. Come on in. We're glad to see you."

Britt looked over at him and smiled. She was still a little dopey from lack of sleep. From what I was finding out, she hadn't sleep much at all while I was in the coma. She said, "Please have a seat. The chair is comfortable but it doesn't sleep well. I know!"

He chuckled. "I just wanted to stop by and pray with you and ask if there is anything I or the church can do for either of you."

I said, "I appreciate your caring and prayers while I wasn't listening too well. Doctor Martin says I go home in the morning and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed."

Pastor Bob grinned. "You looked pretty comfortable there when I came in."

"Yes, sir. We were.

"Pastor," I continued, "Britt is staying here again over night with my parents full knowledge and endorsement."

"I understand. I have heard some of the ramifications from your 'Uncle' Mitch and Dora's meeting with the administrator here. If he had any doubts, the D.A. seems to have dispelled them completely.

"Mitch threatened to have him and his entire security force jailed if he tried to take Brittany away from you. The D.A. then said that he would get Judge Adams on the phone and request a restraining order right then if needed. Judge Adams is the chair of the hospital authority. Giving in was a smart move on the part of the administrator. It even made the hospital look extra compassionate to the hero and his beautiful lady. It played well in the paper. The reverse would have played equally badly.

"I know you will be married and I think God is already blessing your union. I know I would want no less than the army of God with me if I had to oppose you two.

"Chad, I'm glad you're back with us. Be careful. Follow your doctor's orders and specially your nurse's." He smiled at Britt.

She said, "He follows my instructions."

I grinned, "Always, ladylove."

We prayed together and Pastor Bob blessed us as a couple. He shook hands with me and hugged Britt and received her kiss on his cheek. When he left, we lay back to take it easy.

That lasted until eleven when Dan came on duty. He floated into the room.

Britt saw him and said, "I guess you spent the evening with Melody?"

He said, "I, uh, did go over for dinner. She's a good cook."

"When did you get there?"

At seven, that's when she said to come. She was alone. We ate and talked until I had to leave to come here to work. Her parents arrived just before I left."

Britt said, "Dan, we can do this two ways. Either I can pull everything out of you piece by piece or you can just tell us narrative style. Which one will it be?"

He blushed heavily. "I'll talk. I'm surprised. I met her in high school and she was perhaps too young or I was too old. It was too hard to get together. I thought then that she was beautiful, smart and nice. Now, she frightens me. She's become more beautiful than ever. She's still smart and is so nice. She surprised me. I haven't eaten that well in a long time and never with as beautiful or interesting a companion. We sat in the living room and talked. She even held my hand. When I had to leave, she hugged me and let me kiss her."

"I always dreamed that being with her would be that wonderful. The actual fact has been even better. She said she would meet me in the morning when my shift ends. She is so fantastic. I just hope I can hold her interest."

"Be nice to her." I said. "My sister likes you. She invited you for dinner tonight and talked to you for a long time last morning over breakfast. By the way, we go to Lake Shore Baptist for Sunday school and eleven o'clock church. No tie is necessary. She's in the college class."

"Oh. Thanks. I will remember that. I really didn't want to have to attend every Baptist church in the area. Uh."

Britt laughed, "Your secret's safe with us though Chad had figured that out earlier. That's why Chad thought he would help you out. We're on your side, hers, too, because I think there is only one side. Isn't that promising?"

He smiled broadly. "I guess I better get to work. Thanks again. You've given a boost to my confidence." He went out smiling.

I said, "Ladylove, it looks like that will work out well. I'm still tired. I don't want to get up and remove clothes or people will wonder more than they do. Let's kick our shoes off and pull a sheet over us." Britt nodded and that's what we did. Once, I saw Dan look in, nod, and leave. At a quarter before seven, he came in noisily intentionally waking us.

He said, "It's time to face your public. You will be able to leave today. We just received the initial paperwork. When Doctor Martin signs off, you will be out of here. I thought you might want a chance to clean up. I brought a razor for you, Chad. Let Brittany wash your hair, leave it, or I will wash it."

I tossed the blanket off showing we were fully clothed. I said, "Thanks, I'll probably let Britt do it. She's careful." He grinned and went back out. "Britt call Mel and get clothes for us to wear home."

"Yours are already here, beautiful man, waiting for you to need them. Let's go get you cleaned up. She was out of bed and thumbed her phone. "Mel, did I catch you before you left? Good. I need a couple of things. You had brought Chad's clothes earlier but now I'm out. Bring me a pair of slacks and a blouse and undies. I'm wearing sneakers. Socks would be good, too. Match the slacks. Thanks. See you soon. Dan is waiting for you. Yeah. I love you, too."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.