His Infernal Majesty's Service
Chapter 19

Copyright© 2013 by Lee Xavier

Friday afternoon found me washing the Pantera. Mom had gotten it into her mind that tonight was a big deal and had gone all out. Yesterday, she made me come straight home after school. She had taken me first to get a haircut and then clothes shopping. I hadn't realized that when women go shopping for a new outfit they buy from the skin out. She insisted I buy socks and underwear (Fortunately, she didn't make me model them.). Then we went to an actual men's store and purchased a suit. She did make me model those. I must have tried on ten different suits before she was satisfied. It took another hour or so to pick out the shirt and tie, belt, and shoes that matched the suit. I made the mistake of asking what she was trying to accomplish. She then went into a twenty minute dissertation on everything that goes into creating a look of 'understated elegance'.

It was so late when we finished that mom took me out to eat at a restaurant rather than go home and cook. She had called dad and had him meet us there so he wouldn't go without which, I thought was nice. The discussion came during dinner. Mom and Dad went to great lengths to make sure I understood how to behave at an adult party, warning of severe and dire consequences if they received a bad report on me. All and all though, it was a great dinner. I was still able to get some leftovers for TreFual.

After washing the Pantera, I went upstairs and showered. I was in my room dressing when mom knocked on the door. I let her in. She had me turn around so she could check the fit of the clothes. With a deft eye she pulled here, tugged there, asking me if this or that was too tight. Satisfied, she gave me a peck on the cheek and stepped back.

Her face was glowing when she said "You look wonderful! I want to get some pictures before you leave."

"Mom, this isn't a date. I'm just going to a party."

"I know. You just look so handsome. It won't take a minute. Please?" Mom turned on her best puppy dog eyes.

Geez, that woman knows how to work me. All she has to do is use a certain inflection in her voice and flash those pretty brown eyes and I'll do anything.

"OK"

She smiled again "Since you shaved, I wish you 'd use some of your dad's aftershave. Hold on, I'll go get it."

Like a flash, she went out the door. She came back with a small vial in her hands. "Here, let me put it on you. This is very strong and easy to overuse. Stand still." Tipping the vial for a second, she pulled out the stopper and touched the end of it to both sides of my neck. Replacing the topper, she stepped back. "There. That should do it."

"That's it?"

"I told you it's powerful. I almost used too much. With expensive colognes, you use just a little bit because it's so concentrated. That's why they're so expensive. Guess, how much this cost." she said holding up the vial.

"I don't know, fifty bucks?"

Mom grinned "Try $200.00 and some change."

"What? I didn't even know they made stuff that expensive."

"Oh, this is not the most expensive by far. But, it does the job. I'll allow you to get finished. I'll have the camera ready when you come down the stairs."

~oOo~

Seven thirty had me pulling up to the Chang residence. The house seemed awful dark for a party to be going on. Sitting beside Mrs. Chang's Lexus in the driveway was only one car, a white Volvo, that I didn't recognize. Shutting down the engine, I paused to take a closer look. Living with TreFual had made me much more suspicious than I used to be. Looking at the main window of the house, I could see a dim, flickering light through the curtain. Rolling down the window, I listened using enhanced hearing, the sound of soft, string instruments wafted on the air. Mom did say it was a small party.

I popped the trunk and got out of the Pantera. I went to the front of it and lifted the hood (With Panteras, the trunk is in the front and the engine is in the back, like Volkswagon's but better.). Reaching in, I opened the small cooler dad had placed there and pulled out the bottle of wine that was nestled in the ice. Using the clean towel sitting beside the cooler, I dried the bottle, tossed the towel back in and closed the cooler and the trunk. Dad had told me when he was putting the cooler in the trunk that I was permitted to have one glass of wine with dinner, if I wished. He said that I WILL NOT have more than one glass with my meal and get behind the wheel. He made me repeat the words OUT LOUD: 'I WILL NOT have more than one glass of wine with my meal and get behind the wheel'. If I made a mistake and had more than one glass, I was to call him and he would come to pick me up. Dad put the fear of God in me when he swore, I mean, he literally put his right hand in the air and swore, that the Pantera would go in the crusher if I disobeyed him about this. I was NOT going to disobey him. My dad is just an awesome guy but not someone to dick around with.

I checked myself over and went to the front door. At my knock, an older, overweight, Asian lady dressed in a black banquet server uniform opened the door. I introduced myself and was asked to come in. Taking the bottle of wine, she took me into the house. As I came in, the lady said "Place your shoes there, please." pointing to a low shelf that ran along the wall. There already was a couple of pairs there. So I slipped mine off and placed them beside the other ones.

I glanced around. The house was nice, nicer than ours. The furniture that I could see was expensive. The house was filled with the mellow ambiance of candle light. The scent of delicate incense mingled with the smell of food producing an appetizing aroma. The Asian lady walked me into the candlelit dining room and sat me at the head of the table, on which, there was one place setting.

"Sir, would you care for a glass of wine now or with your meal?"

"With my meal would be fine, thank you. Where is Mrs. Chang?"

"The lady of the house will see you after you eat, Sir."

My brow furrowed as I was trying to reason this out. After a moment, I gave up. "Why is that?"

"It is the lady's instructions, Sir. I have no additional information. If you'll excuse me, I will bring you your meal." The Asian woman turned and strolled towards, what I thought to be, the kitchen.

Biting my lip, I rubbed the back of my neck, I did not quite understand. It was weird. Nice, but weird. Not knowing what else to do. I decided to relax. The Oriental lady came back carrying a tray like a waitress. Standing beside me, she placed a china plate loaded with a large, medium-well done steak, Scalloped potatoes, and steamed Asparagus. I closed my eyes and leaned over inhaling savoring the delightful odors. I leaned back and looked to the lady "This smells wonderful. Thank you!"

A pleasant smile opened her stoic face "You're welcome, Sir. I hope that you enjoy it. Here's your wine." She said setting the wine glass on the table. " If you need anything else just let me know."

"Yes, Ma'am. I do have one request. Is there any soda or tea available? I'm only allowed one glass of wine tonight."

"Yes, Sir. Would you prefer tea or soda when you finish your wine?"

"Soda, please."

She nodded and went back from where she came from. I took one good look at my fantastic meal and dug in. When I was finished eating, the Asian lady reappeared. "Sir, follow me please." She led me into the living room and seated me in a large brown recliner. Next to the recliner was a small end table where a huge glass of iced soda sat next to a glass ashtray. She reached into her vest and brought out a cigar. Using a tiny cutter she clipped off the end of the cigar and handed it to me before I could protest that I didn't smoke. Reaching into her vest, she pulled out a lighter and struck a flame. "Sir, one puffs on a cigar but does not inhale. Otherwise, you would choke." I figured 'what the hell?' and let her light it for me.

I settled back into the soft leather chair and tasted my first cigar. The flavor was full and pungent, accenting the after taste of my meal. I sighed when I blew out the first mouthful of smoke. "Smoke it slowly or you'll become light headed." I nodded, closed my eyes and relished the sensations. The sound of a grunt brought me out of my reverie. I opened my eyes to see the Asian lady stooped over. She was straightening a piece of thick white carpet at my feet. It was not here when I sat down. She stood and looked at me. Her face flushed. Pointing to the carpet. "No feet please." I nodded. "The lady of the house requests that you relax here until she joins you."

"Yes, Ma'am"

"If you need nothing else, I will leave now."

"I'm fine Ma'am."

She gave me another sweet smile "You're a good boy." She walked out. A few minutes later I heard a door open. Shortly thereafter a car started.

I was pretty mellow when I heard a door opening. I opened my eyes to the wonderful vision of Mrs. Chang standing in the doorway. She had her jet black hair styled into a large bun at the back of her head. Mrs. Chang was looking at me, her aristocratic features glowing with warm welcome as she smiled. I smiled back. As she stepped toward me, the silk of her full length kimono rustled. Pausing at the edge of the white carpet, She smiled again, stepped to the center of the carpet, and knelt Japanese style. "Welcome to my home." Bowing, she touched her hands and forehead to the floor between my feet. Raising, she looked at me "You honor me with your presence. Did you enjoy your meal?"

My ears were ringing. I had trouble focusing on her words. The candlelight bathed her face, entrancing me with her beauty. A slight glimmer of laughter crossed her eyes as she watched me. A slight heat rose to my face, I caught myself. "It was wonderful Mrs. Chang, thank you."

"To you, my name is Kim." Her eyes bored into my eyes as if daring me to oppose her.

Turning my gaze for a moment, I looked back at her " My meal was wonderful, Kim. Thank you."

Her shoulders dropped a little and her gaze softened. "You are welcome. Are you comfortable? Would you like me to refresh your drink?"

"I'm fine."

"Good, Now, we need to discuss the repayment of my debt to you."

Shaking my head, "There would be no point. This," I said, waving my hand to indicate the room,"is more than I ever expected."

Kim stared at the floor between us, her face a stoic mask. The silence between us grew oppressive as she knelt unmoving. I sat back waiting. I forced myself to place my hands on my thighs and relax. I began the grounding exercise. Calmness swept through me, as the room around me swirled, exploding into a psychedelic panorama. Where the succubus had been a brilliant diamond, Kim was a boiling, molten pool of hideous multicolored light. The light was stuttering. Surging in brilliancy, retreating into dimness and almost going out before surging again. What was I seeing? Dark red flares erupted bathing her in a ghastly light. I couldn't understand. She spoke and I could see the listless colors of her words. I jerked when I understood her words, their impact driving me from my meditative refuge.

"Twice, you have insulted me almost beyond bearing. You save my life and then dishonor my life by refusing to allow me to value it."

"What! I didn't save your life. I saved Karen's!"

Kim looked at me, her eyes impassive, her delicate features hard " I was an orphan. I was pushed into the streets at fifteen, so another child, a BOY child could have my bed. To me, life was selling my body at the wharf for a bowl of rice and sleeping in doorways until the shop keepers chased me away. When I was sixteen an old man found me and took me to his bed. I became his slave, doing what he wanted. She snorted a grim laugh. "And he wanted a lot. At seventeen I became pregnant and he threw me out." A tear rolled down her face, her voice cracked," He didn't want to raise a child bred off of a whore. As he said, 'It would probably be a girl anyway'." She sniffed back her tears.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.